New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

It was very clean and the couldn't be better!!! The area feels pretty safe and the hostel as well. But our room had a terrible smell, I don't know why... But otherwise a perfect accommodation in Manhattan for that price ...

• 4th Aug 2015

The rooms were spacious and tidy, which good facilities in them!!! The staff were friendly and approachable and very helpful if needed. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean, our room and the bathrooms were cleaned everyday also which was lovely! Super location, only a few blocks to the subway and 5th avenue.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Probably the best vanule you can get for your money in Manhattan! Location is perfect, staff is very kind and friendly and though some rooms are small (I stayed in 2 different rooms during my stay), the rooms are clean and you have your own airconditioning, which is really nice in the middle of summer. If you have a room at the streetside, it can be a bit noisy, but I personally did not mind that at all in the city that never sleeps!

• 2nd Aug 2015

I felt uncomfortable to realize that I (female) have two male roommates in a small room. It would be great if one room is shared by the same gender (4 females or 4 males). The shared shower room on each floor was always busy. In the morning, I had to be super careful not to make any noises that might wake up my roommates.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • South Korea

Had a wonderful stay at The New York Budget Inn. It was everything I was looking for! Clean, cold (with ac in 40 degree heat), lovely showering facilities, comfortable bed (although the beds are quite short!), fresh towels whenever needed and extremely easy to get to. They were very welcoming and sorted everything I needed! I stayed here for four nights so that I could explore the city and it was ideal! Would highly recommend it and I would definitely go again !

• 1st Aug 2015

nice hostel, but the common area is too small to interact with people, the breakfast is also too few and there is no place where to stay. I was missing the kitchen as well.

• 31st Jul 2015

Great ! Keep it up guys.

If they could have a common room.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Pakistan

I was pleasantly surprised with the hostel. It was much better than I was expecting, specially regarding cleanliness and security. People were nice, from staff to guests. I had an emergency and had to go to New York on a short notice, and only available rooms were mixed 4 people dorms. I had no problems whatsoever. Also, bathroom facilities were very clean at all times and there was always at least one free whenever I needed to use it. I'll be back.

• 30th Jul 2015

Staff was very friendly and always ready to help out :) We felt at home and it was quite easy to find our way to different locations thanks to staff :)

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Faroe Islands

I definitely was blown away with what a great hostel the Budget Inn was. From the second I walked in, the man at the front desk (I think his name was David) was nothing but helpful. Then after getting my key and towel, I went up to my room to find an extremely clean and well kept room. It is definitely worth the money and I will definitely be returning soon since I did not get to see everything I wanted to see in the Big Apple.

• 29th Jul 2015

Great place, perfect for New York.

The wifi did not work.

• 28th Jul 2015

Excellent Hostel, 10x better than the Chelsea International which was a dump! the two guys on nights were hilarious, conversational and gave good advice. gutted I wasn't staying in NY for more than two nights but I will be coming back to this place whenever i'm in town. It's on the same street as "The Empire State Building" which also works as a great reference point if you ever get lost in Manhattan.

The staff at NY Budget Inn are amazing, nice and helpful. Within 10-15 mins walk will get you to the Empire State Building.The hostel is in a busy yet safe neigbourhood, Murray Hills ,where you can find coin laundry, supermarkets and a lot of restaurants and cafes. It's closest subway station is on the 33rd street which would take you to wherever you wanna go in Mahattan and Brooklyn. Will definitely go back to this hostel when I next visit New York.

Sorry for the late reply. I had the most wonderful stay at your hostel. Everything was ,much more than I expected from a hostel. I would recommend this establishment, with the most helpful and friendly staff, to anybody wanting to stay in a hostel. Your location is just great and I hope I can return one day. My New York experience was awesome thanks to you all. Kind regards: André Rossouw (South Africa)

• 28th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Excellent stay at this hostel. Everything was clean and exactly what you need for a stay in a busy city. I have to mention how great the staff were. My girlfriend left her tablet in the room so we emailed them from Chicago and they had found it and offered to send it out to us. They even packaged and delivered it to the courier themselves so we could receive it, we will be forever grateful! Excellent customer service.

This hostel is great value for money and in a good location. Rooms are small (typical for NYC) but comfortable and facilities are clean. The only complaint I would have is that luggage storage is charged at $5 per bag which I feel is excessive. I have never been charged anything for this anywhere I have stayed before so it was a surprise and while I realise that space is limited I think that the hostel should find an alternative way to manage this rather than overcharging guests.

I saw cockroach in myroom twice.

fantastic location, few blocks empire state and close downtown. down side is the atmosphere does not exist. there is no common area (the three seats infront of the check in desk doesn't count), there pizza night they bought three pizzas and the breakfast is so bad boxes of doughnuts (half a donut each if that) the staff are also useless me and my buddy were is seperare rooms and so were so many other people, not the biggest issue except I had a spare bed the whole time the staff wouldn't swap us