New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Can it be more secure? No. the camera in the koridor is saying all the going on outside your room. The cleaners does a nice jobb and its fresh. The bathroom are so nice that i was suprised, soap shampoo and even conditioner. A sense of luxury and is controlled several times a day. The only spot was that the internet on wifi was a bit slow some times. But its the same at almost all places in town with wifi. Go for it! Its the best bang for bucket you kan get in manhattan! Swede.

I was so busy seeing everything that I was barely in the hostel but it served its purpose as a bed for the night. Comfy beds and room had air on and a fan which was necessary. Bit of noise from the street but honk that is to be expected anywhere in NYC and was fine with earplugs. Location was safe etc just found I wanted to be closer to downtown most of the time so would probably look for somewhere nearer there next time- although will be hard pushed to find similar value for money!

Really enjoyed my stay. The staff were fantastic! Friendly and helpful. Thanks!

• 30th Jun 2015

Staff was always very helpful and attentive. However, the prices could be lower for the dorms. Thank you!

• 29th Jun 2015

Great hostel, the beds are really comfortable and my bed was made up each day, I never had that in a hostel before. The staff are wonderful, helpful and friendly, I would stay there again. I only gave good for facilities as there is no kitchen but the rooms have a fridge and a microwave. The free karaoke and pizza night was great fun.

The guys at the front desk-super friendly and helpful, morning and night. Small rooms, but of course, it's NYC! clean, BEST location, right down the street from the Empire State Building. It's expensive, but it's NYC and NYC is expensive!---you can't get better for a lower price.

The staff are really nice and helpful there. I was careless to forget my phone in the bathroom one day and I got it back from the reception desk staff--I really appreciate that! The location is great for new travellers in New York, which is close to subway and several landmarks of New York.

• China

Hostel was really hospitable. Free coffee if you awake early enough. Friendly staff . Perfect location to see all in manhattan

• South Africa

Awesome price considering the location. Everything was very clean and it was great having a mini-fridge and microwave in the room. Loved the fact that the bathrooms were 'single use' and not the gym-style like I've seen in other hostels. Only downside was walking up three flights of stairs after a 12 hour day of walking but that's not the hostel's fault.

• 27th Jun 2015

Second trip here. Great budget hotel. Clean. Good location. Friendly helpful staff.

• Scotland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great location and very friendly and helpful staff.

• 27th Jun 2015

Positive: The shared bathrooms are excellent. Negative: They charge an amount to keep the bagages (5 dollars each) after the check-out. It was the first time I had to pay for that at a hostel and it doesn't make sense because it doesn't require any extra cost.

• 27th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you had enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately, due to limited space, we only charge guests to store their luggage upon check out and not check in.

Excellent value for price paid, in a good, central location, very helpful and friendly staff, simply a great experience here overall! This is the only hostel I've ever stayed at that actually has a fridge, microwave, and t.v. in the room as well as shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the shower. I think the only downside is that there aren't many common areas. I would definitely stay here again if I come back to New York City.

Staff are always smiling, always making an effort to help out guests, very clean and comfortable beds

Friendly and helpfull staff. Clean toilets and fairly clean rooms. Nice with frigde on room. Quite noicy hostel, because of outside street and closing doors.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. This was my 2nd experience of staying in the hostel after Vancouver BC, and i must say it was a decision which paid off so well. The hostel is located in the heart of the NYC,well connected to public transport,and is safe. Stayed in a mixed dorm for 3 nights and enjoyed my stay very well.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • India

The only reason I have marked the 'Facilities' as Average was because of the lack of Hot Water in the shower. My room was on the top level, so wethervthat had anything to do with the almost luke warm water from the shower i do not know. Apert from that, it was as indicated, excellent.

Great, central location. The only negative I had was the loud air conditioning in the room. Bathrooms were always well maintained and clean. Bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Good experience I definetely recommend it, al hostels should be like this one

• 25th Jun 2015