New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

It was my first time in NYC and the first time that I stay in a hostal. New York Budget Inn has everything you need. Confortable beds, internet, clean bathrooms. The staff helps you with everything you need. It was an amazing experience!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Venezuela

Just perfect! Was my placer staid here!

I was travelling with my daughter and we stayed 4 nights in total. Our room was tiny but immaculately clean with comfortable pillows . It would have saved shared bathroom time if there had been a mirror in the rooms. Clocks battery had stopped but was impressed that there was a clock even! Pity the windows were frosted - would have enjoyed looking out. Bathrooms great, loads of hot water, great showers and very clean - couldnt fault them. Also plenty of bathrooms per floor

• 15th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

At NYBI you get not only value for money but the experience of staying at a hotel where most of your needs as a traveller are met.Very helpful staff willing to go to any length to make your stay a memorable one.

It was so good trip..I liked this hostel so much..Good staff,especially Mr Omar, clean room, excellent location and more..I suggest everybody. .

It's a great hostel with lovely staff. Everything was nice and clean. The only thing its that the rooms are quite small for the price.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

It is well located and both rooms and bathrooms were very good and always clean. In general, the facilities are great for a hostel but the common area is small and the time i was there no activities were organized so may be, if you want to meet people, thats not the place (on the other hand it is quiet at night).

Hi, I had a wonderful time with you during my stay. I definitely would come back. Thank you, David

• Belgium

Very nice clean, well cared room, greaþ shower, clean, well cared. Very friendly personel. We didnt feel muchat home in the common room, the morning-donuts were awful, really! For the rest very nice place

• Couple, 41+

The hostel was nice, and clean. It was nice to have free pizza and karaoke night but would have been nicer if they had a proper communal area to do it in, having it in the reception is not ideal. Also, I think $5 for each bag they store for you is quite expensive. I think in the future I would use a HI hostel as they have all facilities for free. Most people staying in hostels are on a bit of a budget.

• 13th Sep 2014

Thank you for your review. As HI accommodates 10-12 people in a room, we have no more then 4. For that reason they accommodate 667 as we prefer a more intimate setting and located on 34th St. Luggage storage is an option we offer our guests to maximize their remaining time in the city. Most properties do charge as space is limited here in NY Additionally, HI does not allow guests to accept packages and shipments and hold them until guests arrive...we do!!

Everything was just good. Nothing to complaшn about.

• Ukraine

dormitory room was noise, but private room was calm but very small. However staffs are very friendly and funny

• South Korea

Hope to see you again guys! Greetings to Christopher, the other good looking guy on the night shift that I don't remember his name (sorry) and Rodney :) thanks for all your help

• Mexico

Location was good. but outside was too noisy. so I couldn't sleep all night.

Thank you for your message. We are so sorry! Unfortunately the city was doing some construction work in the morning.

If you take a 3 beds bedroom be aware that it's one double bed and one individual and not 3 individuals. Clean Bathrooms. Nice environment in the area.

Thank you for your review. Please visit our website for actual pictures of all room types we offer: www.newyorkbudgetinn.com

I stayed there for ten nights and had great times in New York. The Hostel is in a great location in Midtown Manhattan. Its easy to go to anywhere from the Hostel, i did almost everything just walking. The staff is sinply great, Christopher and Omar are awesome people, very hellpfull and funny. I would recommend and for sure would stay here again.

Well, the biggest problem was that there was a huge construction site on the street. This basically led to the effect then one felt as if one was on the street, including the beautiful sounds of sledgehammers etc. For 50-55 $ this is not really acceptable, and yes, I know it's Manhattan. Cleanliness was ok for a fully booked hotel and the staff was always very helpful and attentive, among the best I have experienced. The Internet connections was somewhat slow and not always working.

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, Manhattan is a very busy and noisy city. As City Street Repairs is something out of our control, we truly apologize for the inconvenience. As our rates are very conservative for the City, we are comparable to other properties located outside of Manhattan. We have checked all of our Wifi points and speeds,each floor has its own access point with 3 routers per floor to maximize optimal connection. Perhaps you were connected to lower floors routers

i didnt like the beds, too soft. And everything was very small, but well its manhatten.

Thank you for your review. If we would have know your bed was uncomfortable, we would have gladly changed it for you.

Good location but lacks of hangout areas, but overall good and there were some nice guests around. Staff was fun as well.

Really really good hostel! ALL the staff are brilliant and so so friendly, it made my stay even better. The staff made sure every thing was okay and on my last day I was super stressed because I nearly missed my shuttle But one of the staff members helped me with my bags down even though I was probably being annoying. There is a fair few steps but they do help you with your bags. I didn't ask on my way down because I thought I could manage but They are more than happy to help.