New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

We found this hostel at hostelworld, andere it was even better when we arrived !!! Friendly staff and very clean rooms and bathrooms... Important point !! Every morning you can get free coffee and donuts, and the staff gives you good ideas for things tot do in New York. Good hostel fort a very good price !!!!

• 2nd Nov 2014

the staff are very nice and the location is good.

Very well organised hostel. Location is ideal, very central to all attractions in NYC. The staff were super friendly and were more than happy to help with various queries. Very clean and tiny hostel and there were activities organised by the hostel, like karaoke and pizza night!

Great experience at the hostel. Super friendly staff. And honestly the cleanest hotel I have ever seen. Keep up the great work.

Great location, staff very helpful (specially Daniel and Anthony). I highly reccommned this hostel.

the m34 bus stops directly in front of this place. this is the bus that takes you east to west across manhattan, allowing you to jump on just about any subway line. 15 minute walk to Penn Station (LIRR train stops here from the airport). excellent. very clean with plenty of bathrooms on each floor. i stayed in a single rm with shared bathroom. the single rm comes with lockers and a tv but no sink in the rm. however, the bathroom was directly across the hall so you don't need a sink in the rm.

• 31st Oct 2014

I enjoyed my stay at New York Budget Inn. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms, bathrooms were very clean even during peak times. The hostel was fully booked during my stay. The location is very convenient. Most attractions are in walking distance. Busses and subway are very close by. I will definitely stay here again.

• 30th Oct 2014

The storage fee of $5 per bag should be waived. I spent quite a bit on that because we changed rooms and also stayed in two different hotels. Every time I moved, I had to pay to leave my bags. Also, I had a complicated reservation and they would only communicate by email. My reservation never was correct. I could have explained it quickly on the phone. I have stayed here 3 times and will come back again. It is a great value.

• 30th Oct 2014

Great place to stay in Manhattan on a budget; safe, clean, good location. Free Dunkin donuts and coffee, pizza night; street side rooms are very noisy from outside construction and traffic and fact that window air conditioner doesn't not allow window to be fully closed; but ear plugs (provided on request) and white noise from AC makes it OK; beds are amazingly comfy.

• 30th Oct 2014

Great value for money in our opinion, very good location in midtown, and very decent matresses which after all is really all you do in the hostel (no room for much more :) Flat screen tv is an added bonus, and OH, the toilets were quite new and cleaned often!

• Spain

Friendly polite staff. Hostel is only a short walk from Empire State and Penn station at Madisen Square gardens. Definatly stay again :)

• 30th Oct 2014

the staff was extremely friendly and we really enjoyed them! the rooms and restrooms were clean. thank you!

Was a cool place, staff were really lovely, rooms were a little on the small side, I enjoyed my stay here! Great location, it was like a motel.

Very noisy, you can't sleep at all! If you want to spend all night with the noise of the street, the cars and works ahead, then it's for you! Indeed no, I wouldn't recommend it, even for my worst enemy...

Hello, Thank you for your review. Upon check in we informed you that there was a noise situation that was beyond our control due to street construction on 34th street. We offer our guests ear plugs for noise sensitivity. Based on our availability we were able to move you to a room on a higher floor away from the street side. Best Regards, The staff of the New York Budget Inn

Nice Hostel, but very noisy. Inside with slamming doors and from outside... The air conditioner in our room was not that good in the window integrated and isolated. There's just a plastic piece that shuts the space between air con and windowframe, what gives you the feeling the window is always open - even when it is getting cold. Unfortunately at our stay we were vis-a-vis to a big road work, additionally... But therefore you get a clean room and bathrooms, everything you need to discover NYC.

• 28th Oct 2014

Friendly, convenient, safe, with resourceful staff, decent showers and a great, albeit noisy, location (although this is on account of the overnight roadworks outside). Not cheap, but then no accommodation in NYC is, so on that basis actually reasonable value for money. Would recommend.

• 28th Oct 2014

As expected the rooms are really small, but reasonable and very clean. The subway station is only two bocks away and it is also possible to walk to the Empire State Building. One of the best things is that there is a 99Cent Pizza Snack Bar over the road. So perfect for students and backpackers to have a reasonable stay in New York. The only thing I have to remark is that you have to pay for storaging your baggage (5 Dollars per item).

• 27th Oct 2014

Best hotel in NYC, and I stayed in 3. Why pay 200 for mediocre service? I paid 50 and had no expectations. All the reviews are correct. I stayed in the female dorm and then the private. The private was really nice for only 80 usd. (Small, though. Not a problem). The bathrooms are cleaned all the time, there is no waiting time to use them. There is free water (best idea ever), and free wifi in every floor. I totally recommend it. :)

Super clean, with housekeeping too, modern premises , staff very kind and I enjoyed two nights with free pizza and karaoke! And in the heart of NYC! Too bad no kitchen, but a little breakfast provided makes up for it..Definitely to be back

I called the hostel,3 hours after I booked and before the check-in time and explained that I was at the airport and had a problem with flying to New York ,so to transfer my booking for the day after.They suggested to send an e-mail. I did sent TWO e-mails and three phone calls. Next day when got there I was shocked to see they had charged my credit card the whole amount and end up paying 150$ for a cell like room.No sitting area, just 4 seats in front of the reception desk.bad experience !

Thank you for your review. We received all of your calls and emails & understand you missed your flight from San Fransisco. We attempted to explain to you that we have a 48 hour cancellation policy. Every time you called, you hung up to try to speak to someone else expecting a different response. To clarify, the $150 you were charged was for 2 nights (1 night in our 4 Bed Dorm Ensuite you missed and the 2nd night in our Basic Single Private Room).