New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Very noisy, the windows don't close properly because of the AC machine so you can hear everything from the street outside making it very difficult to sleep (even with the ear plugs). It also makes the room quite draughty. Rooms are very small with no space to keep suitcases. On the plus side, it is clean and in a good location.

• 20th Nov 2014

Thank you for your review. We listen and hear you!! We have ordered AC covers that we hope will stop the draught and noise. It should be delivered and installed this week.

The staff are amazingly accommodating and friendly. You can't beat the 34th street location so close to mid-town. The construction noise outside was a bit rough, but I think that depends on the room you’re in. Staff graciously switched my room because of this – big thanks!!

• 19th Nov 2014

The worst experience I've ever had with a hostel, in 2 dozen hostels in 3 countries. The noise from the steel boards kept banging loudly the whole night and the window cannot be fully closed to keep the noise out. A guy came in at three and left for another room in 1 hour, and at four another roommate arrived very drunk, turned on the lights, kept the door open and kept mumbling, until he fell asleep on the floor. There was NO HOT WATER AT ALL when I went for a shower in the morning. DONOTSTAY!

• 19th Nov 2014
  • China

Thank you for your review. We apologize you didn't have an enjoyable stay. Unfortunately, we have limited control as it relates to some temporary work that was going on, we so offer comp ear plugs. We do offer bed lights, and feel horrible your roommate kept you a awake. Please note that we did make posts and announcements of the hot water being temporarily turned off due to the road work. It was only for a few hours and then we got it back. It was out of our control.

Thanks for a great time guys :o)

Only negative is that there is no kitchen area.

Good clean hostel within walking distance to subway and other main attractions. Rooms were warm and clean as were shared bathrooms. Staff are friendly and inviting and have organised events to encourage interaction. In all a nice place to stay.

• 18th Nov 2014

Great spot, friendly staff, perfect location for being close to everything in New York. One of the main subway lines only a 2 min walk from the place. Great stay!!

Very nice and friendly staff, only the heating in our room didn't work properly.

• 18th Nov 2014

The best in New York, I'm so happy with the choice I made, staying at this hostel, I met a great place, and great people on it. I will stay again there for my next time in new york, for sure. Best regards, [MAX] imiliano

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Uruguay

IS A VERY GOOD PLACE TO STAY AND ALSO TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS, NEAR TO DIFERENT INTERESTING PLACES, STAFF VERY HELPFUL, FRIENDLY AND ALWAYS HELPING TO HAVE A GREAT TIME IN NYC, THANKS A LOT FOR ALL, I HOPE TO BE THERE AGAIN AND TELL TO MY FRIENDS, NICE KARAOKE TOO AND IF YOU LIKE YOU CAN ALSO ENJOY CHOCOLATE LITTLE BALLS JEJEJEJE!!! THANKS AGAIN!!

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Venezuela

Thank you! Can't wait to have you back!!

Very friendly staff except one staff was very annoying when we checked in at the first time. Overall is very nice hostel!

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

Excellent and friendly staff. Very clean. Great location. Excellent value.

• 16th Nov 2014

As mentioned on the questionnaire completed at departure, the only adverse comments were regarding the draught through the windows but that was rectified with a blanket taped over it. Whilst it was noisy outside at night we fully appreciate you have no control over the roadworks in a city that doesn't sleep at night.

• 14th Nov 2014

Evereything was fine, great location, nice staff and really close to all midtown landmarks of NYC (Empire State Building, Times Square, etc...). I just missed a common room to get in touch with other visitors.

• 14th Nov 2014

Clean, fun, safe Hostel in great location!

• 14th Nov 2014

Fantastic hotel. I had a private double bed suite with my partner, and it was extremely comfortable. The shared washrooms were always clean, and we felt very safe. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location is extremely convenient, with a 24h Duane Reade right outside.

• 14th Nov 2014

Thanks for a great stay. Miles better in terms of cleanliness and customer service than other hostels. Would definitely stay again.

• 14th Nov 2014

Staff is nice, location is excellent. But the bunkbed room was way too small. Hardly room for luggage. The whole place is cramped it's more a sleeping factory. My bed was broken and taped together, no kidding. I did not sleep well.

• 14th Nov 2014

I rate everything excellent except the location (which is still very very good) because it was a bit of a long walk, for me, to the #1 subway line. However, this was a terrific place to stay! Clean, safe, great price. Also, the desk staff were very pleasant -- not always the case at hostels and budget hotels! (And I've stayed in quite a few, in the US and Europe.)

• 14th Nov 2014

We very much enjoyed staying there, it felt so comfortable and the staff were very helpful. It felt like we were living there as if it was a home. If we ever return to New York City, I would definitely want to stay here again as its everything you want from a hostel.

• 13th Nov 2014