New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Be prepared to climb stairs (there is no elevator). Also, if possible, bring your own towel. They charge $5.00 for towels. I would definitely go back!

• 21st Jun 2014

Thank you for your review. As we do not have an elevator, are staff are always available to assist guests with their bags. We do not charge for towels, we merely take a $5 deposit for them and is refunded upon checkout. Towels can be swapped for a clean one at anytime.

The fridge and microwave in the room was nice, but they should have a communal kitchen in case you wake up early or come back late and don't want to wake you roommates up. The is no place to meet people or socialize.

Thank you for your review. Due to limited space in Manhattan, we wish we had addition space to accommodate a large communal kitchen and larger common area. We do however have a lobby that guests can hang out and meet other guests.

Great location, easy to find, toilets are spotless! Single rooms are tiny (with tv but no m.oven and no fridge unlike shared dorms) Walls are thin and if your room is near toilets, you will be woken up early in the morning. Very slow check in and a lot of extra charges plus tax (it is mentioned in the booking)

Felt very comfortable and welcomed. The location is great and the hostel has just what you need to be happy outside of home.

• 19th Jun 2014

It's not the worst, but it's really bad

• 17th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review. We had attempted to explain to you upon check in that despite your threat of this negative review, you had reserved our private room for 2 people and we could not allow your additional friends to sleep in the room. Then at 2:30am you had tried to sneak in your additional 2 friends into the room. We then informed you that you had the option of leaving our facility or your guests would have to leave.

Staff Mr. Q. was very nice and helpful. As for the breakfast offering of 4 doughnut holes per/person on a 1st come 1st serve rule is funny. Thanks for offering something I guess. The single room was so incredibly small it was ridiculous. The sheets or bed spread didn't seem like it was changed. And lastly on the DID NOT MEET ADEQUATE STANDARDS was the cold shower. I had the water run for a good 5mins to turn the water from cold to at least warm. That was a NO GO. There are better Hostels in NYC.

Thank you for your review. As stipulated on our website, we do not offer breakfast however we do offer complimentary Dunkin donuts coffee, hot chocolate and donuts. We limit guests on the amount as other guests were taking the entire box with them back to their rooms and not leaving any for guests. As you had reserved our Basic Twin Private Room, our most economical room, we have many variety of room types available to choose from.

Needs an elevator.

Myself and three girlfriends stayed at this hostel in New York for 10 nights and had an excellent time. The area is amazing you are right in the centre if the city, walking distance from the Empire State, the roackafella centre and Central Park. The hostel facilities are pretty good nothing out of the ordinary share unisex bathrooms and bunk beds in the rooms which squeak and move a little at night. There are few actives organised by the hostel but it's New York so it's not necessary.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Trinnie_andric

Great location and cleanliness. A mark off for lack of kitchen facilities but seriously this is New York who eats in? Also they have free breakfast.

No communal area, no atmosphere - although staff do make an effort to be friendly. This is not a 'hostel' for backpackers, but is perfect for someone who just needs a bed in Manhattan. Not great value but then nowhere is

• 13th Jun 2014

Excellent location, I had an amazing time there! The only problem in my opinion is the lack of an elevator (lift), however it was not a problem for me! :D

very good service, the staff was very kind and helpful with the information I asked, I only stayed one night, but the room was clean and quiet, restrooms could be cleaner but considering that were shared were Ok, considering prices of new york i think I paid a good price....

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Outstanding staff, They really had crented the best athmosphere!

Everything ok, staffs are a bit cool, and temporary storage of luggage needs $5...

well, the a.c is very strong sound. it's the only problem. the commun space is not really one. it s very small. and the guy for the breakfast is noisy. anyway it s ok for a few days, also it s very expensive but it s new yokr good location !!!

WIFI was really bad. Didn't work half the time

Amazing amazing place to stay! Great location, great all around. Will definitely return when I go back to the city. I stayed there for nine nights and enjoyed each of them.

• 10th Jun 2014

Really enjoyed staying at this hostel- was easy to find and close to downtown New York, which was great for me. Wasn't particularly happy with paying the 15% tax on top of the price, but that's my fault for not reading the fine print. Was really clean, with comfortable beds and rooms small enough to make you feel secure. I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone looking for somewhere in NYC.

• 10th Jun 2014

It was my first time in NY. Stayed for 3 nights, the staff were very friendly, one of the most cleanest places I have stayed in and very conveniently located. Will certainly be back!!

• 9th Jun 2014

Super friendly staff, very clean and a perfect location. Far exceeded my expectations.

• 9th Jun 2014