New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Would definitely stay here again, but what's with the donuts for breakfast. Guess it's an American thing.

The hostel staff were brilliant, they could not do enough to accommodate us and were very knowledgeable about the best places to go and New York in general. I would definitely stay here again next time I go to New York.

• 20th May 2015

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and I could not be happier! I was greeted by friendly staff who answered all of my questions regarding the city in a knowledgeable way. The room was a good size, the bed was comfortable, the lockers were fairly large, and there was even a decent size refrigerator in the room. Further, the individual bathrooms with showers were particularly convenient. For the price of this room, I really do not think you could find a better place to say in NYC.

• 20th May 2015

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you had an enjoyable stay We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to NYC

The New York Budget Inn was very good value for money and I would certainly recommend it for a holiday in New York

• 19th May 2015

Super good located and very clean. I definitely recommend.

• 18th May 2015

The Budget Inn in New York is by far the most impressive lodging experience I have ever had as a backpacker. The bathrooms are clean, the staff are friendly and the rooms are more than I could have asked for.

• 18th May 2015

The hostel is well located , the staff is helpful . The rooms are equipped with a sink and a mirror, which is very practical. However there is no real common room, unfortunately. No elevator either , not very practical with the suitcase ! Good value for price

Thank you for your review. We are always available and do our best to carry up all luggage for guests as there is no elevator in our facility. As space is limited in the city, we maximize our lobby area as our common area. We hope you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

The staff and location were excellent! Rooms were quiet and clean. Bathrooms were also very clean. I would definitely stay here again. My only suggestion would be to add a small mirror to the guest rooms. I felt bad tying up a bathroom when I put on my makeup and could have done that in my room if there was a mirror on the wall.

• 14th May 2015

Awesome. I'll be back definitely

• 12th May 2015
  • Argentina

Great place very central to what I wanted to do during my time in New York , few good bars around the corner along with a macdonlds and 7/11 which is always handy , staff were friendly and very helpful would stay there again

• Trent_23

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in NYC and the Budget Inn was part of the reason. Friendly, helpful staff. GREAT location. Clean facilities. Felt safe and quickly felt like "home". Thanks!

• 11th May 2015

It was a nice stay. Everything just worked fine... A minus is that the electrical outlet/power point/plug socket/... (don't know how it actually is called in English) is in the middle of the room. That means that your electric powercord has to be long enough en there's just 4 in a 4 bedroom dorm. It would be a lot easier if there was a socket near every bed. But i enjoyed Budget Inn

Top hostel!! Best location. And super clean. Staff are really amazing and will help you find anything. Will even print out step by step how to get to your next location. Free pizza and karaoke is a highlight. A great place to meet people if you are travelling alone.

A+ would stay again.

• 9th May 2015

Me and 4 friends have just been to visit for a week. Can honestly say we couldn't fault it! Staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were cleaned daily and the shared bathrooms on each floor were kept clean too. Each morning at 8am the hostel offers free donuts with coffee/hot chocolate. The location is fab, just minutes walk from the subway and just a 10/15 min walk from Times Square and grand central station. Excellent value for money would stay here again and recommend to anyone.

• 9th May 2015

It was by far the best hostel in the US I've been so far! The staff was really nice and helpfull and the showers amd restroomsbwere cleaned at least 4 times a week. The location on 34tz street is the place to be! Very close to all the sightsand good restaurants! I will definately come back!

I just miss a bar there!

• 9th May 2015

Very good hostel well located and staff are helpful and friendly, only missing is a kitchen and it was bit noisy outside because there was construction...

Zero atmosphere, bathrooms and rooms were tiny.

Thank you for your review. NYC does tend to be tight, however you did reserve our most economical room, our Basic Twin Private Rooms. Please visit our website for actual pictures of all room types we offer.

The hostel was in a great location and absolutely spotless clean. However when I booked up, hostel world gave me the figure I need to pay including tax and unfortunately budget inn charged me tax on top again. 30% all in all. The communal area was no where near as big as I thought also. Apart from this, it's a really cool, hostel who supply pizza 3 nights a week and a cup of coffee and doughnut every morning.

• 8th May 2015