New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

First ever time staying in a hostel n no faults. Great location took me 10mins walk to times square area. I felt very safe in the hostel. It was very clean which i was surprised having heard stories of hostels etc. Bed was comfy staff were friendly. Perfect for my trip away to nyc defo recommend to anyone. Thanks

Thank you for your feedback! It feels great to set the standards high!!

Very friendly staff. Very organized - I was impressed that they were very clear about bunk assignments and made for a more reliable situation with sharing a room and lockers. I also appreciated the water bottle refill station. I hadn't stayed in a hostel since I was twenty-one, now that I am turning thirty-five I was a little apprehensive. This experience has made me realize that I'm never too old for the benefits of hosteling vs. hoteling. A communal kitchen was the only thing missing.

• 7th Sep 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you had an enjoyable stay. As space is limited in the city, most of our rooms have a refrigerator and microwave.

They took 5$ for each luggage to keep them. I had 2 luggages and i paid 20$ extra . I stayed just one night and i do not think i gonna stay again there.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Thank you for your review. We offer our guests the option of luggage storage as a convenient option to store their luggage and maximize on their remaining time in the city. This service is an option. We have reviewed your invoice and have confirmed the cost paid for your 2 bags was $10 (not $20).

Really nice hostel, super clean, the location is perfect. A bit noisy though due to busy streets, but that's expected everywhere in NYC. Also would have liked if hostel organised more activities, this would've helped to meet new people.

This hostel is the four seasons of hostels,it fells more like a hotel than a hostel,it's perfectly situated in manhattan,there are bars and restaurants around the area and hafif was a great receptionist,he went above and beyond to please are stay and I recommend this to any one, I have stayed In other hostels in other big cities and This beats them all,hope you enjoy you're stay as I did

The hostel was fairly comfortable, it has a very good location, there are a lot of pharmacies, bar, restaurants, shops just a few steps away. The staff is incredible, extemely helpful and kind, with whatever you need, wether it is directions or anything else. Everything looks very clean, they clean rooms everyday, the rooms are a bit tight but its NYC so it understandable. The Empire State is just a few blocks away.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Venezuela

The bunk beds move A LOT whenver you make the tiniest movement so this disturbs other guests. The upper bunks are also hard to climb into. Individual lamps and plug sockets for each bunk would also be appreciated, as most other hostels provide.

• 4th Sep 2014

I wouldn't stay any where else in Manhattan. The proximity to everything in city was great. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. I can't wait to go back

• 4th Sep 2014

Only downside is getting your bags to the second floor check in. Ie no elevator. Baggage storage at $5 a piece can get expensive. Loved the coffee and donuts in the morning. The guys at the front desk were all very helpful.

• 4th Sep 2014

Great hostel with a fabulous location and good facilities, but the hostel have a big problem: doesn't have a common area for know the another roomers (in fact they have one, but is very tiny!). If you travel alone and doesn't interest this, go ahead, for the people that travel with a companion, definitely I recommend the hostel, excellent price-quality relation

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Chile

This hostel located in the middle of NYC! It is more like a hotel than a hostel but still in a hostel concept with bunk bed :) Got a free welcome pack consist of slippers, shampoo, conditioner and soap. Free breakfast included as well, and it's a 'Dunkin Donuts' breakfast! Yummy. But super noisy whahaha because it's in the middle of NYC - so don't complain much, I've expect that ;) Staffs were all friendly and kind especially Lorena & Rodney! Thank you so much! :)

keep up the good job!

Great staff, very central, nice rooms (small but the right size just to sleep), good cleanliness, I will be back and I recommend it to all my friends. Thanks for the great time!

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Excellent clean hostel.

• 2nd Sep 2014

hostel is clean and well, but hard to make friends due to there is not really a common area.

Thank you for your review. As space is limited in Manhattan, there are many ways to meet other guests: Karaoke & Pizza Nights, Game Night, Movie Night, Walking Tours, Pub Crawls...just to name a few activities.. We hope you had an enjoyable stay with us!

I can't adequately explain how lovely the people are at this hostel!!! They were so warm, and when one of the girls in my dorm had a problem, they went out of their way to help. It's clean, tidy, brilliantly located and amazing value for money. Anywhere in NYC you expect to be a little sketchy, but not at all for this hostel. It's amazing, you should stay there, I definitely will be going back when I'm in New York :)

Hostel is in a very good location, lots of shops, restaurants etc., nearby. Subway station was a bit too far, but we got used to it. Staff was VERY friendly and helpfull, rooms and restrooms were very clean (they cleaned restrooms about 4 times a day and that is really often compared with other hostels I stayed in). We were really happy with our choise of this hostel.

I checked in and they charged my credit card 10x more than they should of, this then took all my money and blocked my card for the duration of my stay, I finally got my money back into my account before checking out, and was not compensated for the troubles they caused.

• 1st Sep 2014

We apologize for the honest mistake of adding a zero to the digit when processing your 1 night stay. When you had checked in at 7:10 pm, The second it happened we contacted our bank and yours. We tried to void and cancel the transaction. Due to the time difference, your money was back in your account by the morning. We had comped your key card and towel deposit and brought you a bottle of Champaign.It was a completely honest mistake and tried rectify it as it happened. We sincerely apologize!

Staff looked always tired and not so willing to help. All time there were people checking in and out and they were always in a rush. There is a very small common area which doesnt make it easy do get to know other travellers. Beds and bath were confy and clean. Rooms quite noisy because of traffic. Close to a subway station and empire state building.

Thank you for your review. As most facilities have 1 or 2 front desk clerks, we always have 2-3. We understand that most of our guests either traveled a long distance to get to us, they are trying to maximize their time in the NY or rushing to make a flight. For those reasons we work diligently to either check guests in or out in an expeditious manner. We hope you had an enjoyable stay with us!!

This is a great hostel for staying in New York City! The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms, bathrooms and as well the common area are super small, but - c'mon, you're in New York City - you don't wanna spent your time inside the hotel/hostel. Everything was very clean, the only thing I have to criticize is that you don't see any daylight in some of the rooms and there is a musty smell everywhere. All my stuff smells like it now. I guess it's because none of the windows can't be opened.