New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Great hostel very well located!!! I am used to hostel around the world this one is one of the cleanest I've stayed at. Great friendly staff. Fun pizza and karaoke night! One thing missing though a real community room. Anyway I had a terrific time. If your room's windows are on the streets you better bring hearplugs or take some from the reception cause it can be very noisy.

• 24th Oct 2014

This hostel was absulutely awesome. Very friendly staff. The rooms were clean with a sink, TV and fridge. On every floor were 4 toiletts at least and seperated bathrooms which could be used for 1 Person. Very comfortable for an hostel. It was very loud from outside, but hey, this is NEW YORK. Whoever complaints about noise in NY should not travel and should spend a round Pizza for complaining. I work in an hotel in Germany and we have guests who complained about the churchbell. I loved it.

• 24th Oct 2014

Location and cost was great. A couple of the staff seemed not to friendly however a majority of staff were very friendly and helpful. Bed in our room was very uncomfortable but that was just our room and not a reflection on all rooms.

• 24th Oct 2014

Great hostel. This location is fantastic and walkable to so many things. Bathrooms were amazingly clean all of the time. There was no areas to hang out though except for the reception area which was tiny and had a few couches. No kitchen either. My room had a sink and a little bar fridge though. Staff were friendly and helpful. I was on the second floor which had 4 bathrooms. I thought that wouldn't be enough but it was fine. Never waited more then 1 minute. The place is so loud though!

New York Budget Inn is the best Hostel in Manhattan. It is a very good location and very convenience to walk around mid town Manhattan. It's easy to get subway too. Even the room is a bit small but very clean and comfortable. Staffs are helpful and friendly. I'm so lucky to have great roommates so. If I have a chance to come back to New York again, I will not hesitate to book this hostel.

I think the accessibility of the bunk beds would improve if the ladders were on the side of the bed, rather than the ends.

The staff I met for the first time the young lady is very unfriendly and seemed no interesting to greet and assist the visitor. I have to wait like 30 minutes just to check in bec I pay in cash while the next reception already done with 2 guesses. And she gave me the changes for 65 us in 1 dollar so I have like 65 pieces of 1 us... So bad.

Thank you for your review. We have looked into this matter. Upon review, you had requested that the bill for our 3 Bed Private Room be split 3 ways between you and your 2 friends. 2 of your friends had paid credit card and you paid cash.Unfortunately one of the credit cards did not go thru. We then had to call your bank. Your bank had informed us that the card did not go thru due to security feature.We apologize for the delay in your check in, the lack in attentiveness and the single bills

Nice hostel, excellent location near empire state building!

The staff were especially helpful-- friendly, and professional. The room was quiet-- and I had a good night's rest. Thanks. I think I was a little spoiled by the breakfast at the hostel in Chelsea.

amazing. 100% attendance, Omar and Daniel até very nice, helped me with everything I needed. place extremely clean and organized. felt safe to leave my valuables. very well located. perfect

• 22nd Oct 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were lovely and helpful, very friendly. The location was great for a hostel, access to everywhere. The staff were always cleaning the rooms and the shared bathrooms which was great, no issues there. The wifi was good on all floors. The wasn't a laundry room but there was a laundrette opposite and a few more on the next block. I would recommended this hostel, it was like a hotel.

The location is great, staff are friendly, and they have karaoke 2 nights a week. Hella. Rad.

• 21st Oct 2014

It is probably New York and I couldn't find a place better in Manhattan, but you feel this is more like a business than genuinely nice accommodation. The facilities are good and adequate, but the rooms are cramped and space is of premium - some of the toilets / bathrooms are pretty small. Then again, I think it is a New York thing - expensive (compared to Europe), tight with space, and a bit impersonal. I would suggest the hostel to consider converting the 4-bed dorm to 2/3-bed rooms.

Thank you for your review. being located in Manhattan, space is a premium. We try to maximize our facility to the best we can while offering refrigerators, microwaves, desks, free lockers and other perks you typically don't find in other properties, to better enhance a guests stay. our main goal is to offer guests more then they would expect at a reasonable price, very reasonable for the New York City.

The bedroom is too crowded but I suppose this being NYC, it is to be expected. I was placed on an upstairs bunk which is a bit too much for a 70-year old. Next time, I will be on a downstairs bed.

• 18th Oct 2014

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately we were not aware of your age at the time the bed was assigned. We always encourage our guests to email us in advance if they have a specific request for a room or a bed. We look forward to your next visit.

It was a wonderful place to stay! Very convenient location and friendly staff!

• 18th Oct 2014

I loved the hostel ! The only bad thing, is because they don´t have elevator...

• 17th Oct 2014

Found the hostel very noisy. Stayed there twice

• New Zealand

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately the city was conducting road work by us and it was out of our control, however, additional to our complimentary welcome package of soap, shampoo, conditioner and slippers, we do include war plugs. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Loved the place, but we thought we were booking into a hostel - i.e. a place that would have a kitchen with tables/chairs/pots/pans/dishes/refrigerator/stoves, a common room for revisiting and meeting other travelers and relaxing. The Budget Inn doesn't have any of these amenities, and as we were travelling on a budget and love meeting other travelers, this was the only disappointment. The staff were terrific & went out of their way to help us, and the cleaning staff were omnipresent & great.

• 17th Oct 2014

Thank you so much for your review. As we do not have a full kitchen, all rooms but our Basic Twin Private Rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. As space is limited in the city we maximize our lobby area. We have a verity of activities that guests join to meet fellow travelers. Pizza and karaoke nights, walking tours, pub crawls, club adventures, game night..just to name a few activities.

Great location and very helpful staff made this an excellent stay.

We stayed here twice during our USA holiday. We loved the location and atmosphere of the Budget Inn. The bathrooms were always very clean, the reception staff were mostly friendly and helpful and our room was not at all noisy. We would definitely stay here again.