New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Great hostel if you just want to do the sights of New York on a budget and not really party as this hostel has no atmosphere at all. The facilities are great, showers/bathrooms cleaned regularly, staff are helpful, brilliant location and it's a great price for New York. Would definitely recommend if you just want to sight see and not really socialize.

Thank you for you review. We are pleased to assist you. We highly appreciate your recommendations.

Excellent service and attention . All very helpful , especially Manuel who was the one who helped us at all times. Bathrooms always clean , like blankets and towels. Cheap and reliable. Excelente atención y servicio. Todos muy serviciales, principalmente Manuel quien fue el que nos ayudó en todo momento. Baños siempre limpios, al igual que las frazadas y toallas. Barato y confiable.

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Argentina

Hostel is Fine but a little bit overpriced from my point of view. Luggage Storage on the departure day came at an additional cost of 5 USD. The location is however not too far (30min walking distance) to some Manhattan highlights.

Thank you for your comment. Welcome to New York. Not only are we NOT overpriced but compared to most establishments in Manhattan (New York) we are one of the most reasonable. In addition we offer a high level of security, daily cleaning service and free wifi. We're a bargain in New York.

Great location, two blocks from 33st subway station, bus stop in front of the hostel and within walking distance to some attractions. Triple private room was clean and equipped with fridge, microwave, tv and sink although it was not very spacious. Shared bathrooms were clean. Staff was nice and helpful. Great value for money and i would definitely stay again!

I really enjoyed staying there; the staff was very welcoming. But in the room, we couldn't open the window and this us a really bad point when we want to change the air after the night.

• 18th Dec 2015

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry about the window. We have 24 hour maintenance staff. All you had to do was tell the front desk you were having a problem with the window.

It is just perfect

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

Thank you for your review. We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to New York.

Would stay here again! Great location and price.

Than you for your review. It's our pleasure to assist you. We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to New York.

The staff is very rude as they watch TV loudly in the lobby and it seems like you are disturbing them. The worse HostelWorld experience I've had. Also, they make you pay a $15 deposit for (dirty) towels and an (electronic) room key in addition for a $5 fee for leaving your bag at the hostel for even 2h! Great location but regulations are pretty bad, as well as the staff. We stayed for a weekend with my girlfriend..

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

Thank you for your comment. We have reprimanded our staff for their rudeness. We pride ourselves on our customer service. Unlike other hostels, we provide large luxurious towels and proximity (not swipe) key cards. As such we charge a REFUNDABLE deposit. This ensures the items are returned and we are able to provide new incoming guests with the same benefit you had.

The facility was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was helpful. I stayed in a four person bunk room. Most of my time was spent enjoying the city and then returned to the inn for a good night of sleep. I will stay there again next time.

• 15th Dec 2015

For what you're paying this is a great option for young travelers. Depending on what room you're in it can get pretty noisy, but that kinda comes with the territory when you're in New York City. Staff were nice, one thing that did sneak up on you is the New York taxes and fees that get added on when you pay. The website showed my remaining balance to pay was "only $88!" but when I arrived I owed $110 after fees. So just keep that in mind when you're budgeting. Overall I really enjoyed my stay.

• 15th Dec 2015

Not very social is the only problem.

• 15th Dec 2015

The location is fine, one spanish recepcionist very kind!! the breakfast means nothing!!! I never been in a hostel that only serve coffee and some little donuts at the door when you exits. Very very poor. But if the breakfast is not important for you and you cant live without it is a good place to stay in NY. Many bars around! What I Definately consider WEIRD is that thwy charce you for your vags when you check out amd want to spent some time outside. NEVER EVER saw something like that.!!!

Thank you for your comment. As stated in our website we DO NOT offer breakfast however, we provide our guest with complementary coffee, doughnuts, hot chocolate and apples every morning. As a form of appreciation we also provide the guest with a luggage storage space for the cost of $5.00, in order for the guest to enjoy the rest of their day without dragging their luggage with them, most hotels DO NOT offer luggage storage.

I stayed 8 nights and everything was more than just fine. At my arrival I had some problems with my credit card and the guy at the reception was super understanding and sympathetic. The bathrooms are ALWAYS clean, the room safe and there is even a fridge and a microwave and yeah I also met some very friendly room mates (but I guess this does not depend on the hotel). Plus the location, on 34th avenue, is super cool!!!

Thank you for your comment. We are pleased to assist you. We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to New York.

Very very noisy.

• 13th Dec 2015
  • Czech Republic

This was my first time staying in a Hostel. It was a great experience. The staff was very helpful. Building had a security desk. The room was very small but it fit my need of just a place to sleep at the end of the day. There were plenty of bathrooms on each floor. Although these are shared bathrooms, they are meant for individual use, meaning that you had an entire toilet, sink, and shower to yourself. The floor was overall very quiet. I highly recommend this place! Great neighborhood!

• 13th Dec 2015

Thank you for your review. We highly appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to New York.

There is a Really friendly girl at the front desk, Her name Is Lori, she made my experience exceptional. With her bright and fun personality i think that we can truly end world hunger. Please let her know she is doing a fantastic job.

• 12th Dec 2015

I liked the location and the security of the place. However, what i didnt like was the fact that i had two big bags and 2 small bags and i had to climb 3 flights and no one offered any help. Overall all though the value for money was not bad

• Egypt

We are truly sorry that no one offered to help you with your bags. It is standard procedure for us to assist our guests and our front desk has been reprimanded for not offering.

Great location. Close to the metro and a few blocks away from the 5th Avenue. They offer coffe, hot chocolate and donnuts in the morning. This a plus. I really enjoyed my stay.

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to New York.

I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff was friendly and helpful and everything was clean and well maintained. If I ever come back to New York, I'll definitely stay here again.

• 12th Dec 2015

Thank you for your review.

I have zero complaints. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was amazing.