New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Great Manhattan location, but the rooms are extremely small and the walls paper thin, with loud heating pipes! You'll hear everything. Don't count on getting a good night's sleep without earplugs! Basically no communal areas, and staff pretty disinterested. But the locations great. Alright place to stay if you're out in town all the time anyway.

• 5th Feb 2014

Thank you for your review. We have may different variations room types as you had chosen our Basic Twin Private Room. Our Maintnance team was notified about the heating pipe in your room when you had checked out, and immediately adjusted. As we do not have a huge common area we do have many scheduled events held in our lobby which include: movie night, pizza and karaoke , game night and other activities outside our facility like scheduled walking tours to meet other guests.

Rooms have very thin walls, which means when the cleaning staff start at 7am you can hear them shouting down the hall to each other. Other than that it was fine.

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Thank you for your message. We have 24 hour Maintnance staff constantly cleaning. Our housekeeping staff start at 10am. We will be sure that all staff will be more quite in the morning. We apologize for the inconvenience. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to NYC.

Fantastic location and very good staff. Rooms are small but that's NYC for ya. Only complaint is the pipes making crazy noises throughout the night.

• 3rd Feb 2014

We had a great stay at the new York budget inn. The location was fantastic!. Although the rooms were quiet small it's expectedIt is pretty noisythe hallways were so loud. Everything was great until the last night where a staff member came into our room at 2am and when he realized we were in the room he apologized. This was so unprofessional, staff members should know Which rooms are occupied. For 2 young girls this creeped us out abit wondering why he came in, in the 1st place

• 1st Feb 2014

Thank you for your review. As we always work hard to improve our facility. We are in the process of repainting our rooms and doing some remodeling. We had received notice from our staff member thru our incident report that he entered your room 203 instead of 303 where he was finishing up painting. This is by no means an excuse, just an explanation as this incident is the first of the kind and we truly apologize for making you feel uncomfortable.

Wonderful stay!! It only miss a bigger common area, but w hostel has an amazing localization, it's really clean and the crew is really good!

• 1st Feb 2014

Keep up the good work! I'm very pleased with our stay at New York Budget Inn. Great location, clean place, nice people at the reception!! :-)

• 1st Feb 2014

Thank you for your review! Great to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us!! We are constantly working hard to improve our service and facility. Please feel free to tell us how we can do better!

Can't rave about the staff enough, they were absolutely fabulous! Eager to help whenever we needed assistance or even advice about the best times to do attractions! The facilities were clean, everything was in good working order and the location was pretty awesome :)

• 31st Jan 2014

This hostel fills a need in NYC.Excellent location .Very clean.Before this hostel you had to go to Brooklyn or Hosteling InternaTIONAL ON 116 BY SUBWAY.

It was just perfect! I'll go there again if i return to NYC!

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Poor: No Kitchen, no laundry, far from everything worth seeing in Manhattan, no real place to charge phone, poor wifi - you have to sit in the lobby to use it. The staff were really friendly, but their command of english is quite poor. they speak english, just not very well. They understand something when you speak, but not what you actually mean. Neutral: very small dorms & beds. Good: free internet (for computer usage). U get what u pay for.my suggestion: pay more and stay somewhere better

• 26th Jan 2014

Very good the hostel. The staff are really friendly. The bathroon are clear and the bedroon are small but really confortable. I recommend, very good!

• 25th Jan 2014

pretty decent place

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Philippines

I had a great stay in the New York Budget Inn. I stayed in a four-female dorm, which was large enough and quite clean. Although the hostel is located at an intersection, I wasn't kept awake by sounds from the street. The beds were very comfy (better than my bed at home). There were enough (and clean) shared bathrooms. Although there is no kitchen, the dorm did have a refrigerator and microwave. I had tons of fun during the free pizza & karaoke-night. Big fan of the singing staff!

• 24th Jan 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at New York Budget Inn. The location, cleanliness and the cordiality of staff were excellent. Both bedroom and bathroom (even shared ones) were very confortable. The only point I think they could improve is about facilities - there were no beverages, snacks or similars available, and I also missed a space for integration.

• 22nd Jan 2014

Very easy to find and very kind people. The bed was really comfortable, the toilets were clean and I didn't have to wait for anything. Only "bad" thing it was noisy during the night, but it's Manhattan, don't expect quiet streets :)

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Very nice and comfortable hostel to stay in.

I stayed in a 3 person bunk and the top bunk was very wobbly - we discovered it was duck taped, which was a bit disconcerting. Everything else was great! Perfect for our needs. Thank you.

• 17th Jan 2014

This hostel is very good.. you just have to stay here if u want a cheap safe stay in NYC

• 17th Jan 2014

I had a great time staying at this hostel! The location is excellent, within a walking distance to Broadway and Times Square. The staff is very friendly and ready to give directions, tips or simply to have a chat. There's free coffee, hot chocolate and donuts every morning, also pizza and karaoke in some evenings. I'd surely stay there again!!

• 16th Jan 2014

Honestly I had such a great experience with my partner in your hostel in New York. The staff were just fabulous and the hostel was so so so clean. I cannot fault it at all and I would definately stay there again and recommend this place to other people.

• 16th Jan 2014