New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

(3 nights in october 2014) Too expensive for the low standard. Big for free WiFi!!! Big for free coffee, donuts and apples every morning. Disturbing noises outside our room, where the staff threw trashes in a trashcan all the time... We stayed in a room with private bathroom- very dirty on the floor. You pay 5 dollars for 1 towel. The TV is too small to use. Overall a good place to stay if you don't intend to spend time in you'r room daytime...

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Thank you for your review. NY is a very expensive city, however we are very competitive compared to other properties that aren't even in the City. Additional to the mentioned free and complimentary items include: soap, shampoo, conditioner, slippers, pizza parties, microwave, refrigerator in your room... We do have daily housekeeping and we pride ourselves on cleanliness. If it wasn't cleaned to your likening we have housekeeping/ Maintnance Staff avail 24/7.

Great location right in the centre of Manhattan, but other than that very disappointing. The shower I used seemed to have no cold water, so had only a scolding effect. There were noisy roadworks outside, but no means of closing the window fully. The beds were creaky and uncomfortable.

• 5th Oct 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to have learned about your stay. As you had reserved a room with a shared bathroom, we have gone back to check all the showers on the 3rd floor but all showers had both cold and hot water. Unfortunately there is no way to control the noise outside, but we wish you had mentioned something to us. We would have gladly removed your AC units and offer you complimentary ear plugs. We did notice your bed needed to be tightened, a simple adjustment.

I'm not gonna wite much, as there is no need to. I'm just gonna say: FANTASTIC!!!! I am never staying in hostels, but this trip was fantastic and very comfy.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Thank you so much!! We look forward to seeing you back!!

Awesome place! The location is incredible for the price, the room was clean and nice, there is a lot of shared bathroom so you have no problem finding one empty…I highly recommend this place, there was no downside!

• 4th Oct 2014

I don't know cuz I cancelled my reservation here, I gotta do something else. well I think and hopefully, everything is good

Congratulation for the whole staff of the hostel, in special to Rodney, who is always nice and helpful. We hope to back soon!

• 3rd Oct 2014

The Hostel is really good. Clean and in a good location. The only thing is that I had my reservation that said the tax was included and then they charge it again. They claim is a problem of the web site. I didnt have other place to go so I had to stay.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review. Please note that the terms and conditions are clear on our website and all affiliate websites, that taxes are not included.Upon check in we showed you on your printed out reservation that you came in with, stated on it that taxes are not included. We apologize that you thought otherwise.

super nice and welcoming staff; clean and efficient place. only the window opening to the shaft didn't let very much light and air into the room. over all, a good deal for NYC.

I had a great time at the New York Budget Inn,the staff was really helpful and i think the location is really good!

Everything was Excellent! I loved the people at the reception, they were funny and i had a great time talking with them. I also loved the karaoke night haha... i met a lot of friends that night. Those free pizza days and free coffee and donuts in the morning add a really big plus to your service, it's a small detail, but small details make the big picture! And the location is awesome, i walked to Time Square, Empire State is 5 minutes away... just awesome!

Hostel is clean and secure in a great location for seeing manhattans sites. Real lack of common areas though, so perfect if you just need a bed for the night. Not so much if you want to meet other people.

The main reason to come here is the location. 34th street 10mins from the Empire State Building. The place is deceptively large with 5 floors of rooms. Not a great deal of atmosphere as there are a large number of people coming and going but the staff are very helpful and the free breakfast is always good. 5mins from the subway 15mins from macys

perfect location, but not the hostel if you are travelling alone and want to meet people. Great place to start out your NYC adventure though.

Thank you for your review! We have a verity of activities to meet fellow guests: Pizza and karaoke parties (twice a week), free walking tours, movie night, game nights, pub crawls..

Thank you, Lorena, Daniel, Hafeez, Roney, Quatiz, Chris, Anthony and housekeeping staff for your careful,my staying was amazing!! I hope back soon!!!

• 29th Sep 2014

Basic room in a great location, close to the subway, empire state building, fashion district and times square. The staff have put together a list of things to do in the area and places to eat. Free coffee and munchkins go down a treat every morning. Would definitely go back.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Great staff, great location. Very cramped though but being NY space is at a premium. Only grumble, there is no common area to hang outstide of the tiny room. But then you aren't in NY to hang at your accomodation! Also bring ear plugs :)

• 27th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Sometimes the rooms small bad and are small

Thank you for your review. As you had reserved our most basic room type, our Basic Twin Private Room, we have many other room types which are larger to choose from, subject to availability..

Very good hostel! Friendly staff, well located and very clean! I would definately stay there again!

• 26th Sep 2014

When I got there I had to pay extra money and if you want to leave your luggage you have to pay for every piece, other than that the place is close to Empire Building and also other attractions.

• Romania

Thank you for your review. Please note that taxes are Not included when making your reservation online. We offer luggage as an option and convenience for guests for a fee of $5.00

Very good hostel I would definitely recommend it !! Wonderful location, very friendly staff and clean dorms with lockers.

• Morocco