New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

The hostel is really central and we were able to walk over to times square,.central park and lower manhatten very easily. The staff were super friendly and were very welcoming. At 8am you get free dunken donuts and coffees and hot chocolate. Definitely set us up for the day. I really do recommend this hostel to anyone wanting to be central and wanting a pleasant stay.

Good rooms, no space for luggage though. Amazing location!!! Unfortunately no kitchen and the lounge is extremely small. Space for 4 people in there... Breakfast is not really good. Except if you like donuts early in the morning... Free pizza nights are good!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Great value for money. Roomtype 2-pax/bunkbed/sink/fan/aircon in the room: good mattress, plenty of sheets and pillows. Enough room for 2 pax. Only complaint; room was very very smelly. Bunkbed was unstable/noisy when turning/ climbing out. Staff was really friendly! For $5 leave your luggage after check-out and have a shower before departure. Location is great! Nice area with restaurants/bars. Bit noisy on the street during weekends. Bathrooms are clean and nice (shower/toilet/sink in 1)

• 7th Jun 2014

We had a pretty wonderful time during our 3 night stay here! The rooms were amazingly clean and the staff were friendly. The only issue we had was with the shower in our room, which had a problem with it's handle. We couldn't control the temperature or pressure very well, but we made due. :) Over all, we were very happy and will definitely be visiting again!

• 6th Jun 2014

Loved the hostel! Great room, perfect location, and the complimentary coffee and doughnuts were much appreciated. Karaoke and pizza night was fun and free and the pizza was delicious. Our room was small, but efficient, and we really enjoyed having the fridge and microwave. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat, and will stay here on my next trip to NYC.

• 6th Jun 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here, the room and shared bathrooms were immaculate - kudos to the housekeepers! Staff could not be more helpful with luggage and recommendations, also a friendly humorous welcome made us feel at ease on arrival. Would come back.

Rooms very small, I had one in the fourth floor and it was incredibly loud at night.... Beds are okay but you feel every move of the person sharing the bunk bed with you. Fair price, good location, quick and fast downtown and uptown manhattan.

We LOVE this hostel and will definitely be coming back! It's located in the perfect spot, we were able to walk to the ferry, it was close to shopping and bars and restaurants, and the subway. All the staff were very friendly and they even had a karaoke night. Our rooms were the perfect size, were very clean and even had a fridge and microwave. The bathrooms were always very clean and it wasn't a long wait to get in. We highly recommend this hostel to anyone, it was perfect for the price.

• 5th Jun 2014

I had such an amazing first hostel experience here! The staff were helpful and always friendly, and the location is unbeatable. The common lounge is the best place to meet people. Will be coming back here again in September!

• 4th Jun 2014

Absolutely loved my stay here. For the money you can not beat it. Staff was great and friendly. Facilities were kept up really nice and I constantly saw cleaning crews. I felt very safe with all the security measures. The location was awesome with many restaurants around it and was perfect for getting on the ferry. This was my 1st time staying in a hostel and it was a great experience!!! Traveling is so expensive but now knowing about hostels, I feel like I can do more and that it is the way to

• 4th Jun 2014

This hostel has a very nice location, and the bedrooms are nice with good beds, a bathroom and a small fridge (at least the one I stayed in). It's perfect if you are just looking for a place to stay in the centre of New York. However, if you are after the "hostel-experience", you should find somewhere else. There is not much of a common room which makes it more difficult to find other travellers except the ones you share a room with.

Thank you for your review. As space in Manhattan is limited & expensive we maximize our facility. We offer a variety of activities in our hostel for guests to interact: Pizza Parties, Karaoke Parties, game night and movie night, just to mention a few. Additionally, we offer other activities such as walking tours & pub crawls. These are all great options to take advantage of.

Very nice and right in the heart of NYC! Loved it!

• Belgium

The staff was all INCREDIBLY friendly! It was so nice to have people so fun and kind when we checked in. Everything was very clean, and the room came with a TV, fridge, microwave, and AC, as well as having lockers and a sink right in the room. We got free soap/shampoo and shower slippers as well! The bed was very comfortable, and we each got two pillows, a sheet, and two blankets! So much more than a typical hostel! They also have events and held out luggage for us for a small fee. AWESOME PLACE

Such a nice stay in NYBI - a very helpful and welcoming staff, very clean, surprisingly very quiet. It was perfect. Definitelty the best hostel in NYC.

• 3rd Jun 2014

The hostel is clean and staff help😮full. The coffee and doughnut munchies are a nice touch. I felt luggage storage for at least 24 hours should be free as flight timings are not in our hands.

Good stay. Very friendly staff. Clean Bathrooms.

• Spain

Enjoyed staying at this location. Two pillows and a fuzzy blanket were provided. Along with daily housekeeping for very clean rooms a bathrooms. The hostel is across from the bus stop for crosstown travel and a few blocks from the 6 train. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I will stay here again when visiting NYC.

• 3rd Jun 2014

I was in a hurry and needed for a place to sleep for one night during my stay in NYC. I found an unexpensive mixed room because the place was almost complete and there was no private rooms available. Clean, frieny staff and great location.

• Dominican Republic

Really good choice of accommodation if your plans are go through Manhattan. Location couldn't be better, price corresponds to what you'll get and rly friendly staff. Nice and clean restrooms/showers. There is the BUS stop right in front of the building, subway 2 blocks far and you can take ferry from East 34th St (10mins walk) to south Manhattan or Brooklyn for $4 :) Also I have to recommend the pub behind the corner (Pig 'n' Whistle Murray Hill) and Barking Dog restaurant for breakfasts - 5mins

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great staff and good location. Rooms on 3rd ave can be very loud at night due to hospital in the same street. Otherwise comfortable beds and very very clean.

• 2nd Jun 2014