New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Just perfect!

• 14th Oct 2014

Thank you! We look forward to having you stay with us again

I really enjoyed staying here! This was my third stay in NYC, and fourth hostel I stayed at here, and it was by far the best! It was very conveniently located and central to many key things to do in the City. Train access was easy and sites are within walking distance (Times Square, Grand Central, Empire State, etc) and there were many affordable restaurants and delis nearby. The place was clean, comfortable, and the staff was incredible - so friendly and kind! I can't wait to come again!

Great location and super-friendly and helpful staff, coupled with great extras such as pizza and karaoke nights and coffee and donuts for breakfast. The location is great, but it is in a busy area so is quite noisy, but then again, New York is the city that never sleeps.Some great restaurants around the area and not far from the subway and some major attractions. A great option for the budget traveler.

We were a bit confused with the this is what you pay on arrival, and then found due to the local tax we had an extra $140 which bit into our budget. It would be better to have that made more apparent on the booking form.Do you supply ear plugs???

Thank you for your review. As clearly indicated on our website, all of our affiliate sites and on your confirmation email, City & State Taxes are Not included. Absolutely we offer complimentary ear plugs, there is a sign by the front desk. If you missed it, just ask! Our staff are here for you!!

This was my second time here and won't be the last! It's really a good place to stay! The place, facilities, atmosphere and the kindness and the excellent attention of the people that work there. Good job!

it's not a hostel, and the square meters per resident is very defficient. The smell in the first floor is not so good. The beds have a very poor quality... The good things are location and staff... not enough for the price.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Chile

Loved the staff and dorm mates I ended up receiving, but the facilities themselves kinda blowed. There was no hot water at all and I heard a lot of other residents complaining about room changes and such. Overall I enjoyed it, though in my opinion it should have been $10-20 cheaper.

• 9th Oct 2014

Thank you for our review. We had checked all the showers on the 4th floor in which you had stayed for your 1 night stay after reading your review and noticed hot water available. Our prices are very competitive with most properties in NY however we are located in the City which is better situated then any other property.

I was delighted with the staff. They are all very helpful with anything requested. COFFEE - each morning was much appreciated. I was not happy that this location is booked thru Hostelworld, however do not accept Hostelworld voucher. takes to long to check in and OVERT time check out..

Staff very polite and friendly.

• 8th Oct 2014

Locationwise the NY Budget Inn is an excellent spot. Bus stop right in front of door M34 crosstown. We had a double private room. The space of the room was ok.The fridge and microwave were a nice touch as you could provide extra breakfast elements from nearby cvs/duane read/bag market. Coffe and donutholes are nice but won't get you through the day. Neg point: the blanket(which is the daytime bedcover)&sheet are not comfortable. Please Ny B inn change to a regular duvet big enough for two.

Thank you for your review! Please note that we do not serve breakfast, however we do offer Dunkin Donuts Coffee, donuts, hot chocolate, tea and apples. Our Double Bed Private Rooms are a full size bed with a full size duvet. Please see the front desk for additional blankets as they are available if need....just ask!

Really enjoyed our stay here, everything was super clean the shared bathrooms were spotless every time you went, the only thing is the rooms are a bit on the small side, by the time we had our bags in there was barley enough room to stand. But being in New York we weren't intending on spending a lot of time in the hotel. Good location easy walking distance. The staff were really helpful and the free pizza on Sundays and Tuesdays is good if your on a budget. Would 100%. Stay here again !,

• Wales

(3 nights in october 2014) Too expensive for the low standard. Big for free WiFi!!! Big for free coffee, donuts and apples every morning. Disturbing noises outside our room, where the staff threw trashes in a trashcan all the time... We stayed in a room with private bathroom- very dirty on the floor. You pay 5 dollars for 1 towel. The TV is too small to use. Overall a good place to stay if you don't intend to spend time in you'r room daytime...

• Sweden

Thank you for your review. NY is a very expensive city, however we are very competitive compared to other properties that aren't even in the City. Additional to the mentioned free and complimentary items include: soap, shampoo, conditioner, slippers, pizza parties, microwave, refrigerator in your room... We do have daily housekeeping and we pride ourselves on cleanliness. If it wasn't cleaned to your likening we have housekeeping/ Maintnance Staff avail 24/7.

Great location right in the centre of Manhattan, but other than that very disappointing. The shower I used seemed to have no cold water, so had only a scolding effect. There were noisy roadworks outside, but no means of closing the window fully. The beds were creaky and uncomfortable.

• 5th Oct 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to have learned about your stay. As you had reserved a room with a shared bathroom, we have gone back to check all the showers on the 3rd floor but all showers had both cold and hot water. Unfortunately there is no way to control the noise outside, but we wish you had mentioned something to us. We would have gladly removed your AC units and offer you complimentary ear plugs. We did notice your bed needed to be tightened, a simple adjustment.

I'm not gonna wite much, as there is no need to. I'm just gonna say: FANTASTIC!!!! I am never staying in hostels, but this trip was fantastic and very comfy.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Thank you so much!! We look forward to seeing you back!!

Awesome place! The location is incredible for the price, the room was clean and nice, there is a lot of shared bathroom so you have no problem finding one empty…I highly recommend this place, there was no downside!

• 4th Oct 2014

I don't know cuz I cancelled my reservation here, I gotta do something else. well I think and hopefully, everything is good

Congratulation for the whole staff of the hostel, in special to Rodney, who is always nice and helpful. We hope to back soon!

• 3rd Oct 2014

The Hostel is really good. Clean and in a good location. The only thing is that I had my reservation that said the tax was included and then they charge it again. They claim is a problem of the web site. I didnt have other place to go so I had to stay.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review. Please note that the terms and conditions are clear on our website and all affiliate websites, that taxes are not included.Upon check in we showed you on your printed out reservation that you came in with, stated on it that taxes are not included. We apologize that you thought otherwise.

super nice and welcoming staff; clean and efficient place. only the window opening to the shaft didn't let very much light and air into the room. over all, a good deal for NYC.

I had a great time at the New York Budget Inn,the staff was really helpful and i think the location is really good!