New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Location was superb, could walk everywhere and numerous subway stops nearby. Shared private room was tiny, barely enough room for both of our bags on the floor / stand and get dressed at the same time. Toilets and showers were always clean. Very poor common room / lounge, didn't meet any other travellers here and included breakfast of donuts wasn't great. I'd recommend to others definitely based on location, but hopefully a 4 bed dorm or the other options have more room.

• 5th Jan 2015

I said average for the facilities, because there was very little warm water for taking a shower. I liked the stay, it was quite perfect in location/and the staff was caring. I would stay there again

great hostel, super clean with great facilities. Staff were awesome.

• 5th Jan 2015

Construction on the corner of 34th St. and 3rd Ave., where the hostel is located, made it difficult to sleep in the early morning hours. I'm not sure there is anything the hostel can do about this; however, it is something of an issue. Otherwise, for a budget hostel, the place was kept very clean and the staff were helpful and polite.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Good place, good location and interisting price

• 3rd Jan 2015

I'm not the kind of girl who needs a lavish and expensive hotel especially if I'm in the city because well im really not in the hotel in the first place. This place is perfect for a group or a couple who is looking for a place to rest their head. There are no great amenities. They do have a fridge, microwave, and small flat screen tv. That's all I needed! They so also offer dunkin donuts munchkins and coffee (first come first to be served). If I will be using this hotel for anytime I visit NYC!

• 3rd Jan 2015

I enjoyed my stay, this was my second time at the New York Budget Inn. The staff are wonderful and very helpful. I will stay here again.

Really nice location with many bars and restaurants surrounded. Close to empire state building and Macy's. Everything was okay, but only a limited space for hanging out with people.

The staff is rally friendly and helpful! They clean and make your bed every morning. It's clean too! It's approximately 30 minutes walk to time square so the location is awesome!

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Banheiros limpos, equipe simpática e excelente localização. Hospedagem certa para as próximas viagens a Nyc.

• 1st Jan 2015

Kitchen is missing!

Thank you for your review. As we do not have a kitchen facility due to the limit of space in NYC, most of our rooms are inclusive of refrigerators and microwaves.

Very well located and excellent value for the money.

• 1st Jan 2015

Thank you. Been there three times. Good experience every time!

For the amount we paid to stay in a 4 bed dorm we did not get very much. The location is amazing as you can walk everywhere and the hostel is cleaned regularly but the staff are very unfriendly and not interested in you. There is no common area just a lobby, no laundry facility and no kitchen. Would recommend to people who won't be there often as it is more like dorms as opposed to a hostel environment. Very hard to meet people. Won't go back.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are completely shocked that you felt our staff is unfriendly as we pride ourselves on customer service. As space is limited in Manhattan, most of our rooms include refrigerators and microwaves as we do not have a kitchen. As we do not have a laundry facility there is a laundromat directly across the street. We have many activities in which guests are invited to participate and meet fellow travelers.

Great location and very clean

The room was small and clean with the exposed brick wall view, but it was on the second floor with less stairs to climb. The staff were friendly and helpful and they will help you with your luggage at check in if needed. There is no elevator. Remember that this hotel is a budget minded hotel. If you can go without the amenities of a more expensive accommodation, I think you will find the New York Budget Inn very adequate for the price. Great location and great value!

My first time to New York by myself and you guys were so helpful. There was someone at the front desk 24 hours a day which was great since the GPS on my phone was messed up and someone was able to direct me exactly to the hostel when I got a little lost. I only stayed 2 nights and literally only stayed there to sleep but was impressed with the tours, pub crawls, and activities you guys had planned if you traveled alone and wanted to have some fun. Hope to come back soon!!!

• 29th Dec 2014

Stayed on the 5th floor and the Wi-Fi did not connect. The ground floor wifi works perfectly though :)

Thank you for your review and informing us of the wifi! We wished you had informed us earlier but thanks to your review we have rebooted our system and the 5th floor wifi is working at optimum speed.

Was absolutely packed out while I was staying here over new years and I feel that the staff handled it amazingly. Although an unfortunate incident occurred during my stay I believe they absolutely made the best of an unforeseeable situation. I spoke mostly with the night staff but found everyone extremely friendly and welcoming. Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in, was extremely impressed to see maintenance work literally around the clock and find my comfy bed freshly made each day.

• 28th Dec 2014

Great place to say, would highly recommend! Very reasonable pricing and great location, we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go in the city! I stayed in a mixed dorm with 2 others who were just as happy. The only negative comment I have is that there is not a lot of storage in the rooms and was a little cramped. Regardless, top spot and I would most defininatly stay again!

• 27th Dec 2014