New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Overall staff were friendly and the price was quite reasonable but lack of an elevator was frustrating when we saw the narrow, steep stairs and a concierge service wasn't mentioned - we didn't know there was one til we left. Paying $5 per bag to store them was quite expensive - most places store them for free. Also I know NY is a loud and busy city, but that doesn't mean the windows should be so thin that you hear every siren as if it were right beside our ears. Earplugs did nothing.

My husband John booked a room for myself and my sister for the three nights we were going to be in New York. I have to say I was a bit afraid of staying in a Hostel but the experience was great. Everything was so clean and the staff could not have been kinder. As we are both in our early sixty,s we felt very safe and would recommend this Hostel to all.

• 11th Dec 2015

New York Budget Inn was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed! The hostel is very safe and clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. One big plus was that there were fridge, microwave and sink in the room! I definitely recommend this hostel to any of my friend who is planning to travel to New York.

• Finland

Beyond excellent location. Right next to Grand Central Terminal, Times Square, Madison Square... etc... For NYC this'll be the best bang for the buck if you're traveling solo. There's no real common area to meet people in the hostel but there's 8 million right outside your door! Thanks for the stay!

Thank you for your review. We highly appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to New York.

Great hostel - will be back when travel to NYC again. Very loud part of the city; it must be on a major police/fire station route as the sirens were going night and day. But they provide free earplugs and the air conditioner/fan in the room helped a lot.

• 11th Dec 2015

Thank you for your review. We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to New York.

Clearly everyone there works very hard to make visitors feel welcome. They're perfect for the price! The only minor thing I didn't like was not being able to sit up on my bunk bed. I'm 5'5 and had to sit on the floor in order to fully sit up straight. It's a minor thing and didn't bother me until day 4 haha! Besides that- great place to stay.

• 11th Dec 2015

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to New York.

Beds were fantastic. The noise from outside is a bit of an issue but you can't really do anything about that in central New York. Perfect location. Staff were helpful when asked but not all that welcoming. Not much of a common room area

Loved it there! Thanks to all the people working there & merry christmas!

Great location and even better staff!

As a place to crash in the city is is fantastic value. The price and location is everything with this hostel. You can walk to all the attractions.There are bars, restaurants and diners within a block so food is easy to get. Within the hostel the rooms are 'compact' mine had bunk bed and a locker which can be padlocked shut. Sheets are changed every night and clean towels are available every day. At 8 am there ae doughnuts and coffee/Hot chocolate available - be aware first come first served.

• 9th Dec 2015

Thank you for your review.

Everything great. The staff really kind and helpful.

• 8th Dec 2015
  • Uruguay

One of the best stays in a hostel ever.

Staffs were really nice and friendly.

• 8th Dec 2015
  • Japan

Thank you for your review.

The hostel is well located, the staff very friendly, bathrooms and toilets were always very clean, they have a complimentary breakfast (donuts, coffee and hot chocolate), we enjoyed our stay.

• 7th Dec 2015

Everything was great! I came across this hostel after looking for an affordable hotel in or near New York City and a family member recommended that I stayed at a hostel. I had never heard of it or stayed at one nor did I know of anyone who has. Found this hostel after a quick Google search booked the night before my arrival (coming from Chicago). The staff was amazing! Very personable helpful in every way friendly and polite. Everything was clean and my roommates were safe friendly and clean.

The hostel is nothing noteworthy. Just a basic room. Very noisy, can hear the wind through the pipes. No hot water in the shower. The room smelled very musty.

• 7th Dec 2015

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are one of the best bargains in New York. We offer a clean safe room with free linens, free wifi, and daily cleaning service in one of the best locations in New York City (Manhattan). All this at one of the lowest prices in New York.

It was clean, simple, and perfect for needing a place to crash. I booked two beds in a twin room to have my own room!

Thank you for your review.

Nice hostel, no common areas but comfortable and well set up room. Clean and decent bathrooms (just need a shelf and more hooks to put stuff when showering). Helpful and friendly staff

A great choice for the location and price! Plus we found the microwave and fridge in the room quite usefool! Too bad there is no commun area where people can meet (It looks more like a hotel than an actual hostel). But, I would not suggest this hostel to those who have sleeping problems as the windows are useless against the street noise.

The staff were extremely helpful with all matters, including moving our bags to our rooms. The hostel was very clean, and provided really good service. The rooms were a good size too for the price.

• 5th Dec 2015

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having return.