New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

I stayed at this hostel for the second time and I think there can't be a better hostel that is so centrally located and with so friendly and helpful staff! The staff is really incredible kind! I really enjoyed my stay at the NYBI and when I come back to NY i am definitely going to stay at this hostel again! :) Thank you so much!

• 6th Aug 2014

Good location, however very noisy at night and staff at front desk weren't very helpful.

Thank you for your message. Our staff had made a note on your accommodation. We are sorry to have heard about the noise complaint, however we did attempt to offer you complimentary ear plugs but you were seeking a discount for the noise from outside. We do try our best to accommodate all of our guests to the best we can.

No shower/toilet in room. They were however very clean at any given time. Very small rooms and hard mattress. The beds were made for you every day which was nice. Very safe! (2 doors which you can only get through with a key card)

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Thank you for your review. We have many different room types. Rooms labeled Ensuite are room with a bathroom. For more details and actual pictures of all room types, availability and pricing, please visit us online

Extremely good WiFi setup good for the media work that I was doing. Standard room is tiny, but for the location and price it is understandable. Staff were very friendly and the place was maintained very well and was very tidy.

Really friendly staff and a good location for the hostel. Definitely don't expect too much, especially quite small rooms, but reasonable price for what you get.

• 2nd Aug 2014

First time staying at a hostel and it has made me confident to stay at more! Great location and the area is nice and feelssafe to walk around alone!

• 2nd Aug 2014

I know there were rooms at the back of the hotel which I suspect were quieter in so far as they were not facing out onto the road. If this were the case I personally feel sure I would have paid a little more to have less road noise. Having said that I knew the noise would be there (as have hostelled once before in NY) and strange though it may seem it was part of the experience I wanted my 16 and 18 year old to have. The staff were very friendly, the rooms clean, the beds made up each day.

• 1st Aug 2014

The price is higher than most hostels but the location is much better than the Hi Hostel in Manhattan. The dorms are very small but are secure and kept very clean. You do get daily service which most hostels do not provide and the dorms have private bathrooms. The best thing about this hostel is the staff, the guys at check in were so friendly and helpful. This is what really gives a hostel it's character. I highly recomend to hostel.

Rooms are tiny but this is simply a safe, central place to leave ur stuff n sleep in while u explore NYC. Really central, really safe, really clean.

• 31st Jul 2014

The hallways smell like sweaty socks, but the place is cleaned constantly.

If you are used to European-style hostels with a power plug at every bed and every imaginable service, you will not get that. But this hostel is well located in the Midtown, with access to the subway. Staff is professional and helpful. Most rooms are a bit small. Some of the rest rooms are tiny and the air is hot. But I guess this comes with the territory in New York, Still a much better deal than expensive Manhattan hotels or distance New Jersey hotels.

Very good hostel. Best location, you'll reach every important point in Manhattan with the bus just in front of the door, or the subway one block and just 5minutes by feet. The restrooms are really clean and the staff is amazing. We had a standarddoubleroom and the beds were comfortable also there was a roomservice. Really good choice and we would definitly stay there again!

Amazing location at an unbeatable price. The rooms were a little cramped, but the staff were so helpful and kind. There are lots of nice little added bonuses too - free coffee in the mornings and activities are offered throughout the week to help you meet people!

• 29th Jul 2014

I've used several hostels in Manhatten and this is by the far the best one I've exeperienced. Only downside is the traffic noise. Would stay here again. b

Thank you so much for the pleasant stay. The front desk was so helpful and friendly. I have to return to NYC again next year and hope to stay at Budget Inn again. Thanks again! :)

• 27th Jul 2014

No windows in the room

• 27th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review! All rooms have windows however your room had what is called a shaftway window which is very common in NYC.

They charged me more than I was expecting. I asked for a 3 beds and they gave me 2 beds. A had to make a deposit to get the towels and my card also. I didn't like that, they should trust in their clients. Very tiny place, but it's ok because it is NY. However, the bed are very clean and the location is very good. I suggest you take out that advertising offering a trip for those who gives a 90% and up review. I prefer having a good stay, for a fair price.

Thank you for your review. Our 3 Bed Private consist of a Twin Bed over a Full size bed, as stipulated on our website and all affiliate sites, the description is very clear inclusive of actual pictures of all of our room types. Again, as clearly stated, taxes are not inclusive. Please take the time to read when making your reservations. All deposits are and were refunded to you upon checkout. We offer a chance for a free flight and free 3 nights stay for guests who leave a great review!

The breakfast is Dunkin doughnuts and coffee. Close to the subway - excellent midtown location. If you're in a top bunk then they are quite wobbly!

Thank you for your review. We do not offer breakfast however we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Coffee, Donuts, hot chocolate and tea. We have reviewed your reservation and noticed that you did not inform us of your wobbly bed, but upon receiving this review, we have tightened up the bed. Thank you !

I was traveling with my 12 year old son. The left very safe and the staff was so welcoming and helpful. I used public transportation while there and the staff gave me detailed info that made me feel confident on embarking on the leg of the adventure. I would definately stay again but may want to try one in another part of town for a different experience. Thanks!

Really awful, dont go there!

• 24th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review. We have reviewed the notes on your reservation. You had reserved a bed in our Standard 4 Bed Mixed Dorm for 1 night. Upon checkin, you were informed that bed 3 was allocated to you. After checking into your room, you had requested bed #1, but it was already occupied. We were completely sold out that evening and couldn't accommodate you even with an upgrade. We apologize that the other guests in your room did not want to switch beds.