New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

This is a great hostel for staying in New York City! The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms, bathrooms and as well the common area are super small, but - c'mon, you're in New York City - you don't wanna spent your time inside the hotel/hostel. Everything was very clean, the only thing I have to criticize is that you don't see any daylight in some of the rooms and there is a musty smell everywhere. All my stuff smells like it now. I guess it's because none of the windows can't be opened.

I visited many hostel in my life, but this one is one of the best!! Great Staff, great atmosphere and the best cleaning ever seen in an hostel.. The 4 male bedroom was perfect and clean every day, and super pizza's and karaoke night.. I've just booked for another stay in this wonderful hostel! Thank you gays Claudio

Great place, very well located in the center of Manhattan ... and most of all, very helpful and funny staff ! They are all nice, but special hi to the girl at the reception who speaks Spanish ;)

• 29th Aug 2014

The hostel has many bathrooms per floor and they are very clean. The people is great, all very cheerful, helpful and nice! The location is perfect: near everything but far enough not to be in the middle of the 9 to 5 crowd. I would definitely come back!

• Argentina

If you want to experience Manhattan and not blow all your money on the hotel.....this is the place. The owner worked the desk ever day I was there. He really wants to make your experience a great one and it shows. Highly recommended!

• 26th Aug 2014

Staff was very friendly and made me feel welcome.

• 26th Aug 2014

I’ve stayed in other hostels in NYC and none of them could draw me back for a return visit. At NY Budget Inn I felt like I was sleeping in a small cell. Yes, the room and shared bathroom were clean and the staff was very friendly. And the location was great. But, being in the room for five nights without an ice maker on the premises or a refrigerator to store food was an inconvenience. You should be prepared to walk up and down flights of stairs. There is no elevator.

• 25th Aug 2014

Thank you for your review. Please note that we have a verity of room types. As you had chosen our Basic Twin Private room, our most economical room, all of our other room types include: a refrigerator, microwave, desk, sinks, Tvs and lockers.

Best value in Manhattan—lots of quick wifi, cheap food nearby, three blocks from a the subway (less than a five minute walk), good lockers, and great freebies! Huge value, and I've never been disappointed here. It's the only place I'll stay in NYC.

A good place to stay in New York. The location is excellent as it is central to everything. The showers temperature is inconsistent though as it is either too hot or too cold and it is quite tricky to find the right temperature.

This was a great hostel!

I think the only reason why this hostel have a great pontuation it is because they offer prizes (like a trip to NY, including the flights) for those who make a review with at least 90%. The hostel have a good location, but the price is high because of this. The staffs generally are rude, and do not try to help. There is no breakfast and even, there are few activities made by the hostel, that the staff usually do not know about. Recommended only for those want just a bed. Nothing else.

Thank you for your review. We do offer monthly prizes to reward guests for taking their time to write reviews. Our prices are competitive with Proprties that aren't situated in NYC. Standard prices are perhaps more expensive as real estate and all good typically more expensive.As we do not offer breakfast, we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Coffee, tea and donuts. We offer a verity of activities from walking tours, pizza & karaoke parties, pub crawls, movie nights...

Everything was fantastic except for when I checked out. Upon reviewing my credit card statement I noticed Instead of refunding me my towel/card deposit you took another chunk of money out.. I would greatly appreciate that money back please.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Thank you for your review. Please double check you statement we merely put a hold on your card. We had emailed you a copy of the transaction.

Whilst the location and security of the hostel was great, there is no large common area (only a small area in reception) and there is no kitchen facilities. Be aware there is no elevator. The rooms are cleaned daily and the bathrooms are regularly cleaned throughout the day and night. My room was extremely noisy due to the traffic however you do get use to it. I was catching the subway late at night and never felt unsafe in the area.

I think that the hostil should have a more complete breakfest.. All of others issue are very good.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Thank you for your review . As we do not offer breakfast, we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Coffee, Hot chocolate, Tea and donuts. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay with!!

The staff is by far the best part of this Hostal. They are very nice and fun, by that reason alone I recommend this place. The location is also extremely good. The rooms have a prison-like feeling, they are very simple but functional. I stayed in a private 2 person room and was OK, it was clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms were very clean and the shower worked fine. I definitively recommend this place (if you don't mind sleeping in a tiny but comfortable room).

• Mexico

Great location, very clean and good value for money. But noise from outside at night is very loud.

• Scotland

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We apologize about the noise outside, some things we can't control,but please note that we do offer complimentary ear plugs for guests who might be light sleepers.

Hostel is not close to any Metro and you have to walk to get to the hostel. you are sharing the toilet with so many people on the same floor and the walk way is so small. There is no Lounge room. Breakfast is just a coffee and a donuts served under the stairs to the reception. They even charge me tax on top of the money you pay to book the hostel, so what you see is not what you pay even though that's what hostelworld says.

Please note that we are exactly 2 avenues/ blocks away from the Metro. There are 3 full shared bathrooms, 2 1/2 shard bathrooms per floor, not to mention our Private & Shared rooms inclusive of private bathrooms (Ensuite). Thats 1 bathroom per 3 people per floor. Per our website, we do not offer breakfast, however we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Coffee & Donuts @ 8am (first come basis). As clearly stipulated when booking & terms and conditions: Taxes are NOT Included!

Had an awsome time at NY budget inn, very friendly staff and great location!!! definitly recommend staying there.

• 20th Aug 2014

Very clean! You have the chance to fill your bottle with water for free. It was very loud the whole day, but i think its normal in New York City ;-) Friendly staff and you had the chance to print there for free.

Every tahona was just perfect!!! Absolutamente todo perfecto, el staff fue increíble !! Saludos a Christopher !!