New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Myself and three girlfriends stayed at this hostel in New York for 10 nights and had an excellent time. The area is amazing you are right in the centre if the city, walking distance from the Empire State, the roackafella centre and Central Park. The hostel facilities are pretty good nothing out of the ordinary share unisex bathrooms and bunk beds in the rooms which squeak and move a little at night. There are few actives organised by the hostel but it's New York so it's not necessary.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Trinnie_andric

Great location and cleanliness. A mark off for lack of kitchen facilities but seriously this is New York who eats in? Also they have free breakfast.

No communal area, no atmosphere - although staff do make an effort to be friendly. This is not a 'hostel' for backpackers, but is perfect for someone who just needs a bed in Manhattan. Not great value but then nowhere is

• 13th Jun 2014

Excellent location, I had an amazing time there! The only problem in my opinion is the lack of an elevator (lift), however it was not a problem for me! :D

very good service, the staff was very kind and helpful with the information I asked, I only stayed one night, but the room was clean and quiet, restrooms could be cleaner but considering that were shared were Ok, considering prices of new york i think I paid a good price....

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Outstanding staff, They really had crented the best athmosphere!

Everything ok, staffs are a bit cool, and temporary storage of luggage needs $5...

well, the a.c is very strong sound. it's the only problem. the commun space is not really one. it s very small. and the guy for the breakfast is noisy. anyway it s ok for a few days, also it s very expensive but it s new yokr good location !!!

WIFI was really bad. Didn't work half the time

Amazing amazing place to stay! Great location, great all around. Will definitely return when I go back to the city. I stayed there for nine nights and enjoyed each of them.

• 10th Jun 2014

Really enjoyed staying at this hostel- was easy to find and close to downtown New York, which was great for me. Wasn't particularly happy with paying the 15% tax on top of the price, but that's my fault for not reading the fine print. Was really clean, with comfortable beds and rooms small enough to make you feel secure. I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone looking for somewhere in NYC.

• 10th Jun 2014

It was my first time in NY. Stayed for 3 nights, the staff were very friendly, one of the most cleanest places I have stayed in and very conveniently located. Will certainly be back!!

• 9th Jun 2014

Super friendly staff, very clean and a perfect location. Far exceeded my expectations.

• 9th Jun 2014

This hostel is awesome. So good location and staff is so nice. Especially the guy at the breakfast. It's so clean too. Just great. And we stayed in the cheapest room which wasn't very big but not at all a problem and I usually freak out in small spaces. A few inexpensive things you could fix that would make it even better is a mirror in the room and a little shelf at each bed would be very convenient for mobile phones etc.

The hostel is really central and we were able to walk over to times square,.central park and lower manhatten very easily. The staff were super friendly and were very welcoming. At 8am you get free dunken donuts and coffees and hot chocolate. Definitely set us up for the day. I really do recommend this hostel to anyone wanting to be central and wanting a pleasant stay.

Good rooms, no space for luggage though. Amazing location!!! Unfortunately no kitchen and the lounge is extremely small. Space for 4 people in there... Breakfast is not really good. Except if you like donuts early in the morning... Free pizza nights are good!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Great value for money. Roomtype 2-pax/bunkbed/sink/fan/aircon in the room: good mattress, plenty of sheets and pillows. Enough room for 2 pax. Only complaint; room was very very smelly. Bunkbed was unstable/noisy when turning/ climbing out. Staff was really friendly! For $5 leave your luggage after check-out and have a shower before departure. Location is great! Nice area with restaurants/bars. Bit noisy on the street during weekends. Bathrooms are clean and nice (shower/toilet/sink in 1)

• 7th Jun 2014

We had a pretty wonderful time during our 3 night stay here! The rooms were amazingly clean and the staff were friendly. The only issue we had was with the shower in our room, which had a problem with it's handle. We couldn't control the temperature or pressure very well, but we made due. :) Over all, we were very happy and will definitely be visiting again!

• 6th Jun 2014

Loved the hostel! Great room, perfect location, and the complimentary coffee and doughnuts were much appreciated. Karaoke and pizza night was fun and free and the pizza was delicious. Our room was small, but efficient, and we really enjoyed having the fridge and microwave. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat, and will stay here on my next trip to NYC.

• 6th Jun 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here, the room and shared bathrooms were immaculate - kudos to the housekeepers! Staff could not be more helpful with luggage and recommendations, also a friendly humorous welcome made us feel at ease on arrival. Would come back.