New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

The hostel have a good location, walking distance to several attractions. Very cleàn and good atmosphere.

Awesome staff!

• 7th Jun 2015

wonderful place to stay would come back every time

• 7th Jun 2015

Really helpful staff - very welcoming. I had help with my bags when I arrived (there are no elevators). I had to switch rooms due to the availability when I had booked (apparently this is quite common as they get booked up quickly) but the staff handled it really well and it was all very orgnanized.

• 7th Jun 2015

There was no kitchen, rooms are small, and it is really hard to meet other travelers. The atmosphere wasn't really fun or young. It is also expensive but in New York I guess this is the best you can get.

The staff in budget inn are very nice and helpful and the place is perfect. It would be better if there is more room for sharing space and public seating area in the inn. The wifi is sometimes broken in the room area.

Nice hostel and close to some attractions. Breakfast was coffee and doughnuts. No kitchen for the guests to use. Quite noisy from the street outside. But it's New York (so we were expecting that).

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

we really enjoyed our stay in New York Budget Inn. Everything clean and perfect location. Also we wanna thank Manuel for helpin us with our luggage. We apreciate that. Best wishies from Argentina Juan Acuña, Lucas Calore and Maxi Marcel.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

This hostel ask and keep copy of Passport, Visa, ID, Credit card! I refused to give him copy of my credit card and then they charge me a refundable cash deposit of $250 for 2 nights of stay like 5* hotel! cash deposit for key room, towel.......

AWESOME! Best location. Cheap bars around the corner. Laundry across the road. Subway is about 2 blocks aways, easy to get around. Wifi works well. Private rooms are very clean and spacious. Will be staying here again when I'm back!

Excellent location and easy access to subway, shops and restaurants. Very friendly, professional and helpful staff. Very high standard of cleanliness. Definitely would recommend to others.

• 31st May 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Best place ever! I will recommend it to all people who are going to visiting NY.

• 31st May 2015
  • Sweden

Had hard time to adjust hot water temperature in a shower, and finally needed to ask a lady at a reception. Her answer completely solved the issue, but I wish I knew before I take a shower. Staffs were very nice, and very clean. Nice place to stay even a family.

• 30th May 2015

Thank you for your review. Our front desk is operational 24/7 and we are always available to assist guests with anything you may need. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

I didn't get my deposit for my towel back, but I didn't notice that until I left and didn't want to bother for just $5. They should be more careful about that in the future, though.

• 29th May 2015

Thank you for your review. Deposits for towels and key cards are refunded upon check out with the return of Towels & Key Cards! We can not refund the deposits if they are not returned

It was good accommodation for the low cost. Very basic, however its all you need for New York as most your time is spent out of the room.

Thank you for your review. As you had reserved our most Basic Room, our Basic Twin Private Room, we have a verity of room types. Please visit our website for actual pictures of all the room types we offer.

Room was smelling terribly (405). Room to the street was extremely loud. No propper wardrobes

• 28th May 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thank you for your review, We had appreciated that you had approached us regarding the smell coming from another guest in your shared room. We had done our best by having a conversation with the guest suggesting to place his shoes and laundry either in a locker or in his bag. We shampooed your room carpet daily and deodorized your room daily. We apologize you had to deal with this as we were completely sold out on the night of your visit

Hope stay there again!!!!

• 26th May 2015
  • Argentina

The hostel is very well located, just 20 minutes walking distance from Times Square. The hostel in general wes very clean. The only downside is the the rooms that face the streets are very noisy, however the front desk has complementary earplugs. If you want to storage your bags after check in, they charge 5 dollars per bag.

• 26th May 2015
  • Chile

I found a very good place, cheap for new york, good staff very friendly. I spent a good time there.

I did the pub-crawl that the hostel offered which was fantastic!