New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Nice place in Murray hill. An affordable diner one block away . close to the metro. The only thing was that the mattresses were worn.

• 25th Dec 2014

The hostel was very clean and everybody was very nice. What I really liked was that each bathroom was a single room and had a toilet and a shower. What I didn't like was that there was no living room - just the lounge at the reception which is way too small for so many people in a hostel. The laundry room and a kitchen was missing too. At night it was very noisy but the staff was so nice and handed earplugs out.

Very friendly staff. Facilities were clean. The only thing was the construction outside was rather annoying, but that can't be helped.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Great location, really clean. They even make your bed for you. Cleaning record sheets in the bathrooms and you can tell they are accurate. I arrived b4 checkin and was disappointed that they wanted to charge me $5 a bag to leave my luggage there while I walked around for 2hrs. I was not willing to pay 4 2 bags so I chose to sit and wait (with my bags) in the small public area. Another staff member said it would be no worries to leave my bags for free. This made me happier. Really good place thou

Will be back!

• 19th Dec 2014

Fantastic!!

Loved my stay. Amazingly Friendly staff. And super location! Will be back here next time I'm in NYC!

Wonderful experience!

Very clean, friendly staff, good location, free DD coffee in the morning (if you get upeearly enough even donuts), comfi beds, warm rooms, lockers, ... Liked my stay here, can recommend and would always come back.

Thanks for immediately fixing the broken heater :)

• 16th Dec 2014

Thank you for letting us know! Our staff is available 24/7 to assist and ensuring you have a great experience with is!!

Prefect location. Noisy but that's the same all over Manhattan. Helpful staff. Rooms cleaned daily and free pizza on Sundays and Tuesdays, free coffee and donuts every morning which is a nice touch.

• New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great value, comfortable bed, clean room, great location. Some employees were very friendly and efficient (the gentleman who checked us in), while one or two were sullen and slow. The reception area was noisy, and there was construction noise from the street, but the hostel offers complimentary earplugs :) All in all, it was a great experience, and we'll definitely go back. One creepy thing, though: the locks on the bathroom doors are the kind that can be opened w/a credit card. Yikes!

• Couple, 41+

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay! Unfortunately the bathroom locks must comply with fire code and we have never had a situation of security or harm due to the locks.

NYBI can be best described in one word. Awesome!

Exactly what I needed for the 3 days I was there. Friendly staff, great security and fantastic location so I could be in and out throughout the day. I didn't have time to take part in any activities but it appeared there was something going on each night if you wanted to which was good to know. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

Great location in Manhattan and is easy to walk to all the main attractions and there's a bus stop right outside if you'd prefer. Beds are made each day, not many hostels do that. The staff where friendly and helpful.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Wales

The rooms were nice. Well-equipped and very comfortable beds! However, please note that this hostel has a fair amount of stairs. The location gives you a lot of flexibility and is fairly close to Port authority and Penn Station.

Thank you for your review. As we do have a fair amount of stairs, all of our staff are available 24/7 to assist all guests with any and all needs.

The New York Budget Inn proved a perfect place to stay for my recent holiday in New York. Its location is great, just 10-15 minute walk from Times Square, the Empire State Building, Broadway and other Midtown attractions. The room itself, while small, was clean, modern and the beds were so comfortable! Having a sink and fridge in the room was also quite convenient. The staff were really, really friendly and helped with directions, booking the airport shuttle etc. Highly recommended!

Private room was miserable. It was 40 degrees Fahrenheit outside, but the private room was about 85 all night. There was an AC unit there, but it did not work adequately. There is also no ventilation in there so it is pretty funky smelling.

• 14th Dec 2014

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to have learned about your uncomfortable temperature in your room. We had reviewed your reservation and noticed that there were no notes on your account. If we would have known, we would have gladly sent a Maintnance personal to adjust your temperature setting. Additionally, all of our rooms include an AC unit and a ceiling fan. All of our rooms are vacuumed and deodorized twice a week as we have many guests that travel for long periods of time.

It was a great week and a nice stay in the Budget Inn. I would stay there in the future again. Stuff totally nice and cool, everything there to make the stay nice and good.

• 13th Dec 2014

The Budget Inn has many positives. Certainly the staff are professional and the facilities are clean as a result of being regularly serviced. The draw backs are the lack of a lift and the external noise due to traffic and road maintenance that penetrates the building. So customers need to be robust and bring noise-cancelling headphones. I would recommend this hostel to young, no frills travellers who want an economical stay.

The staff was friendly and professional. The rooms and restrooms were impeccably clean. The location was central to just about everything. Outside, the street was really busy and noisy. In the room, honking horns, late night partiers, and trash trucks coud be heard until about 2:30 when everything seemed to quiet down. This was no fault of the NYBI. I'll definitely stay here again.

• 13th Dec 2014