New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

We really enjoyed out stay at the New York Budget Inn. It was exactly what we wanted..Inexpensive, comfy place to stay near bars, restaurants and New York attractions. This will be our new NYC home away from home.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Everything was great. The staff was helpful and the accommodations were great for the price. Very clean. Never waited to use the bathroom. It was always in a good condition.

• 1st Dec 2014

It seems poor to have pay for leave the bags or for 'rent' the towel

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for your review. We merely take a deposit for towels. Towels can be exchanged for a clean towel at any time at the front desk. The deposit is refunded at checkout. Due to limited space we charge an optimal fee of $5 for luggage storage as we just do not have the space for everyone's bags.

Clean, affordable, great location, interesting people staying there from around the world. But single room is tiny and hot; and a/c had to run 24/7 even though it was Dec 1. The double room was much better, where my friends stayed.

• 30th Nov 2014

In general the hostel is great. Very clean, the staff is excellent (always willing to help and chat) and the location simply can't be better. The only con is there isn't a common room where you can relax, meet with the other guests, grab a beer and cook. Anyway, all in all my stay at the hostel was very pleasant. Most recommended!!!

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Argentina

The whole team at New York Budget Inn where fantastic, they where always available to help if you had an inquiry, friendly and cheerful. Keep up the fantastic work!

• 28th Nov 2014

I had a perfekt stay in New York, but the beds are verry wobbly.

• 28th Nov 2014

Thank you so much for your review and informing us of your bed. We have gone back to room 401 and tightened it all up. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to NYC!!

The position is excellentt and the personnel is very kind. It is well organized since you have several single restrooms rather than multirestrooms. Only thing to say is that my room was very small and without windows, but after that I am very satisfied.

This hostel was good for how much was paid. The facilities were always kept clean. Private rooms were very small but fine for a short amount of time. The common area was in the lobby and very small - would have been good if their was a bigger common area to spend time due to the small size of the private rooms. Overall the hostel had everything we needed and staff were friendly and helpful.

• 26th Nov 2014

The best place to stay in New York by far if your on a budget. It's the best hostel I've stayed in ever. Beds were made daily. Bathrooms all clean and fresh. Safety and security was paramount. and it was only a 10 minute walk to Times Square.

• 26th Nov 2014

Rooms were very clean with fridge, microwave, fridge, heater and AC. Water fountain was outside. Bathroom as were clean. Service was excellent and all in all such good value for money if you are out exploring all day and want to come back to sleep and wash.

• British Virgin Islands

Spent a week here with 2 other friends, great place, staff are great. They try put on some entertainment for their guests. Some of the other guests were boring but can't blame the hostel for that! Ill definitely stay again! 30 minute walk max to time square. The hostel is spotless and safe, bring a pad lock for the locker in your room! Tip: From JFK get sky train to Jamaica station then subway from Jamaica station to penn station! 15 minute walk straight from there!

• 26th Nov 2014

I don't know about condition of other room but my room was good and amenities were good for me but staff were poor

Thank you very much for your review. We did receive your email regarding you arriving to the property at 5pm, however when you arrived at 2pm your room was not ready as check in is anytime after 3pm. We apologize for the inconvenience and perhaps due to a language barrier it was not explained to you in the best way. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you come back when visiting NYC!!

If i could rate this over 100 i would. The new york budget inn made my trip, not only did i feel safe there as a solo young traveller but i had fun with the staff and other guests. I would stay there 100 times over and still be happy. Was truly happy with the experience. Rooms were cleaned every day, heaps of security and friendly people!

• 25th Nov 2014

Nice place. Price seems correct, compared with other options in Manhattan. It's located a couple of blocks from Empire State. Subway is at 4 blocks or so. I stayed at a Single room. It was ok, but REALLY small. There was a single bed, a locker and a chair. I almost didn't have space to put my suitcase in the floor and open it. There is an AC on the room. Bathrooms were pretty clean. There's no elevator.

Definitely the best hotel I've stayed until today. The staff is friendly, the facilities are always clean and smelling fresh. I loved being there and I would recommend staying there to anyone.

1) for Eldery guests, better to consider lodging in first floors since no lift. 2) very much appreciated the concept of Water Bottle Refilling Station.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Morocco

My sister and I stayed for 12 nights, except for the double bunks !!!! aged 67 & 71 (but we coped) we had a great time. The staff couldn't do enough for us, they were so helpful and friendly, the place was so clean, especially the bathrooms were always being cleaned (great to see). Was a great location walking distance to everywhere or the transport was so close also. Would recommend to anyone travelling.

• 23rd Nov 2014

The hostel was in the perfect place in the city. Really close to the subway, and practically underneath the Empire State Building. The facilities and staff were really good, and I honestly cannot say anything bad about the place!! I would 100% stay there again.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Unfriendly staff, rooms are too small and was smelly, bathrooms were quite clean

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you for your review! We machine wash and vacuum the carpet twice a week. When booking our 3 Bed Private please visit our website for actual pictures and room description as it is a twin bunk bed over a full and not 3 separate beds. We were willing to bring in a separate mattress to be placed on the floor but you had declined and demanded that we allocate our 4 Bed Dorm for just the 3 of you however, due to limited availability, we were not able to comply with your request.