New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Clean but small. No elevator

Genuinely the worst place I've ever stayed in. Cheap but only relative to everywhere else in New York, which is massively overpriced, so not cheap at all. The room was cramped and too warm - a red hot pipe running down the wall. It meant I had to turn on the air con every five minutes, but it was so damn noisy there was no chance of any sleep. Not to mention doors slamming from 5am literally every 30 seconds as cleaners went about their business and other guests used the shared bathrooms.

• 4th Dec 2015

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. WE ARE one of the most reasonably priced places to stay in New York. We also offer many extras such as a high level of security, daily cleaning service and free wifi.

I think this hostel was a great place to rest your head we were out all day, so it was great value just for sleeping the bathrooms were quite small but not a big deal, all in all a great stay

• 4th Dec 2015

Thank you for your comments.

Just got back from my girls trip this weekend and we stayed at this hostel. It was a perfect location for going out and explore the city. I would highly recommend staying here if you want a safe and inexpensive place to stay!

• 4th Dec 2015

Thank you for your review. It is our pleasure to assist you.We are happy you had a pleasant stay and recommend us. We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to New York.

This is my first time staying in hostel in my life. I'm so impressed. The Stuffs were friendly helpful. Place are clean. People are respectful. All that made me a comfortable stay. Shame the room full on Saturday night and I couldn't get extension. I will go for hostel to stay for my travelling. Very nice experience.

• Malaysia

Thank you for your review. We are happy we fulfilled your expectation. We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to New York.

Wifi doesn't work in 5th floor

• Russia

Thank you for your comment. We have 10 hotspots throughout the building. If one doesn't work you just have to connect to another one.

Great place if that if that is your kind of need. It served my purpose well.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Thank you for your review. It is our pleasure to assist you.We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to New York.

The transportation around NYC to the hostel is terrible. There's only 1 subway nearby and it's not even that close to the hostel. At 7pm is almost impossible to get there other than walking (which I did, twice in 2 days). When I tried to take the bus at night it was also impossible to do it, mostly because of the traffic. The front desk staff was very loud with 2 guests when I checked in, not everyone comes/wants to party at 10am.

• 2nd Dec 2015
  • Peru

Thank you for your comments. However, they are just plain wrong. As our guests have discovered, our location is amazing. We are in one of the best neighborhoods in Manhattan. The bus stops in front of our building, the East River ferry is 2 blocks away and the subway is 2 blocks away. As you mentioned, we are also within 15 minutes walking distance of almost all the New York City midtown attractions.

Friendly easy staff to communicate with. My first time staying & was AMAZED at the continous cleanliness of the place. Meet some nice travelers as well. Would definately stay & recommend to others.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Thank you for your review. We highly appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to New York.

+ Very good staff + Very good location. - Room sizes were too small. - There is no kitchen so you can't make your own breakfast. But it has a lot many places to eat around. - I avoided a nice AirBnB rental because it was on 5th floor without elevator. I ended up getting a room on 5th floor here, without elevator! This could be a problem as water refilling option was available on 2nd floor only.

• India

I would of liked more of a communal area to sit and have a beer,but that said the BUdget Inn was great,coveniant,comfortable,helpful and friendly. The morning coffee was the best. The location in mid-town was a huge plus as easy to walk to all the major sites and shops.We saved alot on travel costs by having the bonus of being able to walk to all the sights.

• South Africa

Helpful and friendly staff, clean room and bathroom made my stay enjoyable!

• 30th Nov 2015

Staffs are not very friendly-

Fabulous location and great staff. When we complained about the heating and they couldn't fix it we came home to a newly installed air conditioner that night! Rooms could do with a mirror but otherwise we were very happy with our stay.

Great place. Really clean and nice location right near a subway station and close walking distance. Would go again.

Thank you for your review. We will be more than happy to have you back!

Good location, nice stuff, clean room & bathroom, price is absolutely fair

• 27th Nov 2015

Great hostel.

Thank you for you review.

I really enjoyed my stay. It was everything great! Thanks!

• 26th Nov 2015

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you soon.

It will definately be my "go to" place to stay in NYC from now on. The staff was super friendly and helpful, plus they are there 24 hours if you need assistance etc. The location is perfect, you can walk to so many places and if you wish to catch the subway it is only a block away. Everything was super clean. Plenty of restrooms and showers. Very secure as you needed your key to get in the building, get on the floor to the rooms and to actually get in your room. Free Dunkin coffee and donuts!

• 26th Nov 2015

Thank You for your review. We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to New York.

I am so so happy to have found such a fantastic hostel in Manhattan at such a reasonable price. The hostel was in a perfect location for tourist attractions in Manhattan and subway connections to Central Park and Brooklyn. The staff were incredibly helpful and had some really fantastic recommendations and assisted me in finding my way around the city. A larger common room would add the atmosphere, but I understand the constraints of a building in Manhattan. Thanks for such a fantastic stay!

• 25th Nov 2015