New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Was a cool place, staff were really lovely, rooms were a little on the small side, I enjoyed my stay here! Great location, it was like a motel.

Very noisy, you can't sleep at all! If you want to spend all night with the noise of the street, the cars and works ahead, then it's for you! Indeed no, I wouldn't recommend it, even for my worst enemy...

Hello, Thank you for your review. Upon check in we informed you that there was a noise situation that was beyond our control due to street construction on 34th street. We offer our guests ear plugs for noise sensitivity. Based on our availability we were able to move you to a room on a higher floor away from the street side. Best Regards, The staff of the New York Budget Inn

Nice Hostel, but very noisy. Inside with slamming doors and from outside... The air conditioner in our room was not that good in the window integrated and isolated. There's just a plastic piece that shuts the space between air con and windowframe, what gives you the feeling the window is always open - even when it is getting cold. Unfortunately at our stay we were vis-a-vis to a big road work, additionally... But therefore you get a clean room and bathrooms, everything you need to discover NYC.

• 28th Oct 2014

Friendly, convenient, safe, with resourceful staff, decent showers and a great, albeit noisy, location (although this is on account of the overnight roadworks outside). Not cheap, but then no accommodation in NYC is, so on that basis actually reasonable value for money. Would recommend.

• 28th Oct 2014

As expected the rooms are really small, but reasonable and very clean. The subway station is only two bocks away and it is also possible to walk to the Empire State Building. One of the best things is that there is a 99Cent Pizza Snack Bar over the road. So perfect for students and backpackers to have a reasonable stay in New York. The only thing I have to remark is that you have to pay for storaging your baggage (5 Dollars per item).

• 27th Oct 2014

Best hotel in NYC, and I stayed in 3. Why pay 200 for mediocre service? I paid 50 and had no expectations. All the reviews are correct. I stayed in the female dorm and then the private. The private was really nice for only 80 usd. (Small, though. Not a problem). The bathrooms are cleaned all the time, there is no waiting time to use them. There is free water (best idea ever), and free wifi in every floor. I totally recommend it. :)

Super clean, with housekeeping too, modern premises , staff very kind and I enjoyed two nights with free pizza and karaoke! And in the heart of NYC! Too bad no kitchen, but a little breakfast provided makes up for it..Definitely to be back

I called the hostel,3 hours after I booked and before the check-in time and explained that I was at the airport and had a problem with flying to New York ,so to transfer my booking for the day after.They suggested to send an e-mail. I did sent TWO e-mails and three phone calls. Next day when got there I was shocked to see they had charged my credit card the whole amount and end up paying 150$ for a cell like room.No sitting area, just 4 seats in front of the reception desk.bad experience !

Thank you for your review. We received all of your calls and emails & understand you missed your flight from San Fransisco. We attempted to explain to you that we have a 48 hour cancellation policy. Every time you called, you hung up to try to speak to someone else expecting a different response. To clarify, the $150 you were charged was for 2 nights (1 night in our 4 Bed Dorm Ensuite you missed and the 2nd night in our Basic Single Private Room).

Best Hostel In NYC

• 26th Oct 2014

Nice clean rooms with fridge and micro. Two pillows ans two nice blankets. They also give each guest slippers and toiletries. Only downside is that it is very noisy and will be for the next two years due to construction, so bring earplugs. Also, no common area except the lobby which is very crowded, small, and right in front of the check in desk.

The Hostel its very nice and in a great location. My only problem was the traffic noise, its very difficult to get a good rest. Im sorry but my next time in NYC i rahter preffer to stay somewhere else.

• 25th Oct 2014

I really enjoyed while staying here. but one thing was uncomfortable. the shower pressure was low. If you improve this problem, this hostel is the best.

Great hostel very well located!!! I am used to hostel around the world this one is one of the cleanest I've stayed at. Great friendly staff. Fun pizza and karaoke night! One thing missing though a real community room. Anyway I had a terrific time. If your room's windows are on the streets you better bring hearplugs or take some from the reception cause it can be very noisy.

• 24th Oct 2014

This hostel was absulutely awesome. Very friendly staff. The rooms were clean with a sink, TV and fridge. On every floor were 4 toiletts at least and seperated bathrooms which could be used for 1 Person. Very comfortable for an hostel. It was very loud from outside, but hey, this is NEW YORK. Whoever complaints about noise in NY should not travel and should spend a round Pizza for complaining. I work in an hotel in Germany and we have guests who complained about the churchbell. I loved it.

• 24th Oct 2014

Location and cost was great. A couple of the staff seemed not to friendly however a majority of staff were very friendly and helpful. Bed in our room was very uncomfortable but that was just our room and not a reflection on all rooms.

• 24th Oct 2014

Great hostel. This location is fantastic and walkable to so many things. Bathrooms were amazingly clean all of the time. There was no areas to hang out though except for the reception area which was tiny and had a few couches. No kitchen either. My room had a sink and a little bar fridge though. Staff were friendly and helpful. I was on the second floor which had 4 bathrooms. I thought that wouldn't be enough but it was fine. Never waited more then 1 minute. The place is so loud though!

New York Budget Inn is the best Hostel in Manhattan. It is a very good location and very convenience to walk around mid town Manhattan. It's easy to get subway too. Even the room is a bit small but very clean and comfortable. Staffs are helpful and friendly. I'm so lucky to have great roommates so. If I have a chance to come back to New York again, I will not hesitate to book this hostel.

I think the accessibility of the bunk beds would improve if the ladders were on the side of the bed, rather than the ends.

The staff I met for the first time the young lady is very unfriendly and seemed no interesting to greet and assist the visitor. I have to wait like 30 minutes just to check in bec I pay in cash while the next reception already done with 2 guesses. And she gave me the changes for 65 us in 1 dollar so I have like 65 pieces of 1 us... So bad.

Thank you for your review. We have looked into this matter. Upon review, you had requested that the bill for our 3 Bed Private Room be split 3 ways between you and your 2 friends. 2 of your friends had paid credit card and you paid cash.Unfortunately one of the credit cards did not go thru. We then had to call your bank. Your bank had informed us that the card did not go thru due to security feature.We apologize for the delay in your check in, the lack in attentiveness and the single bills

Nice hostel, excellent location near empire state building!