New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

New York Budget Inn is the best Hostel in Manhattan. It is a very good location and very convenience to walk around mid town Manhattan. It's easy to get subway too. Even the room is a bit small but very clean and comfortable. Staffs are helpful and friendly. I'm so lucky to have great roommates so. If I have a chance to come back to New York again, I will not hesitate to book this hostel.

I think the accessibility of the bunk beds would improve if the ladders were on the side of the bed, rather than the ends.

The staff I met for the first time the young lady is very unfriendly and seemed no interesting to greet and assist the visitor. I have to wait like 30 minutes just to check in bec I pay in cash while the next reception already done with 2 guesses. And she gave me the changes for 65 us in 1 dollar so I have like 65 pieces of 1 us... So bad.

Thank you for your review. We have looked into this matter. Upon review, you had requested that the bill for our 3 Bed Private Room be split 3 ways between you and your 2 friends. 2 of your friends had paid credit card and you paid cash.Unfortunately one of the credit cards did not go thru. We then had to call your bank. Your bank had informed us that the card did not go thru due to security feature.We apologize for the delay in your check in, the lack in attentiveness and the single bills

Nice hostel, excellent location near empire state building!

The staff were especially helpful-- friendly, and professional. The room was quiet-- and I had a good night's rest. Thanks. I think I was a little spoiled by the breakfast at the hostel in Chelsea.

amazing. 100% attendance, Omar and Daniel até very nice, helped me with everything I needed. place extremely clean and organized. felt safe to leave my valuables. very well located. perfect

• 22nd Oct 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were lovely and helpful, very friendly. The location was great for a hostel, access to everywhere. The staff were always cleaning the rooms and the shared bathrooms which was great, no issues there. The wifi was good on all floors. The wasn't a laundry room but there was a laundrette opposite and a few more on the next block. I would recommended this hostel, it was like a hotel.

The location is great, staff are friendly, and they have karaoke 2 nights a week. Hella. Rad.

• 21st Oct 2014

It is probably New York and I couldn't find a place better in Manhattan, but you feel this is more like a business than genuinely nice accommodation. The facilities are good and adequate, but the rooms are cramped and space is of premium - some of the toilets / bathrooms are pretty small. Then again, I think it is a New York thing - expensive (compared to Europe), tight with space, and a bit impersonal. I would suggest the hostel to consider converting the 4-bed dorm to 2/3-bed rooms.

Thank you for your review. being located in Manhattan, space is a premium. We try to maximize our facility to the best we can while offering refrigerators, microwaves, desks, free lockers and other perks you typically don't find in other properties, to better enhance a guests stay. our main goal is to offer guests more then they would expect at a reasonable price, very reasonable for the New York City.

The bedroom is too crowded but I suppose this being NYC, it is to be expected. I was placed on an upstairs bunk which is a bit too much for a 70-year old. Next time, I will be on a downstairs bed.

• 18th Oct 2014

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately we were not aware of your age at the time the bed was assigned. We always encourage our guests to email us in advance if they have a specific request for a room or a bed. We look forward to your next visit.

It was a wonderful place to stay! Very convenient location and friendly staff!

• 18th Oct 2014

I loved the hostel ! The only bad thing, is because they don´t have elevator...

• 17th Oct 2014

Found the hostel very noisy. Stayed there twice

• New Zealand

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately the city was conducting road work by us and it was out of our control, however, additional to our complimentary welcome package of soap, shampoo, conditioner and slippers, we do include war plugs. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Loved the place, but we thought we were booking into a hostel - i.e. a place that would have a kitchen with tables/chairs/pots/pans/dishes/refrigerator/stoves, a common room for revisiting and meeting other travelers and relaxing. The Budget Inn doesn't have any of these amenities, and as we were travelling on a budget and love meeting other travelers, this was the only disappointment. The staff were terrific & went out of their way to help us, and the cleaning staff were omnipresent & great.

• 17th Oct 2014

Thank you so much for your review. As we do not have a full kitchen, all rooms but our Basic Twin Private Rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. As space is limited in the city we maximize our lobby area. We have a verity of activities that guests join to meet fellow travelers. Pizza and karaoke nights, walking tours, pub crawls, club adventures, game night..just to name a few activities.

Great location and very helpful staff made this an excellent stay.

We stayed here twice during our USA holiday. We loved the location and atmosphere of the Budget Inn. The bathrooms were always very clean, the reception staff were mostly friendly and helpful and our room was not at all noisy. We would definitely stay here again.

Location is definatelly the best thing about this hostel. Separate bathrooms give you also more privacy that I expected. This hostel need more space for common use, apart from one small room, just next to the front desk, there is no other place to hang out with other people. Overall - very good, I guess even better, having know that Im talking about NYC.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Serbia

Just perfect!

• 14th Oct 2014

Thank you! We look forward to having you stay with us again

I really enjoyed staying here! This was my third stay in NYC, and fourth hostel I stayed at here, and it was by far the best! It was very conveniently located and central to many key things to do in the City. Train access was easy and sites are within walking distance (Times Square, Grand Central, Empire State, etc) and there were many affordable restaurants and delis nearby. The place was clean, comfortable, and the staff was incredible - so friendly and kind! I can't wait to come again!

Great location and super-friendly and helpful staff, coupled with great extras such as pizza and karaoke nights and coffee and donuts for breakfast. The location is great, but it is in a busy area so is quite noisy, but then again, New York is the city that never sleeps.Some great restaurants around the area and not far from the subway and some major attractions. A great option for the budget traveler.