New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

I am so so happy to have found such a fantastic hostel in Manhattan at such a reasonable price. The hostel was in a perfect location for tourist attractions in Manhattan and subway connections to Central Park and Brooklyn. The staff were incredibly helpful and had some really fantastic recommendations and assisted me in finding my way around the city. A larger common room would add the atmosphere, but I understand the constraints of a building in Manhattan. Thanks for such a fantastic stay!

• 25th Nov 2015

It wasn't very clear in the room descriptions what would actually be inside or not. And I would have liked to know that the showers are separate from the rooms. Which I didn't expect until I actually saw the place. Staff was helpful but I think also a bigger sign out front would help. I only knew the location because my friend told me it was next to the cinema cafe. If I hadn't know that I think we would have gotten lost.

• 25th Nov 2015

This place was amazing for location, a 10 min walk from all the main stations and attractions. Only thing to say is- the rooms are fairly small and if your on the road side, can be noisy but for travelling and a place to sleep at the end of exploring, can't complain. Staff really friendly!

Great location!

Customers should not pay for saving their packages for some hours after the check out. Breakfast could be better.

• Argentina

Thank you for your review. We do not offer Breakfast. As a courtesy to our guests, every morning, we offer free coffee, hot chocolate, donuts and apples.

Jose provided an excellent and smooth check-in process. He was friendly, professional and welcoming. He also did a fantastic job explaining where everything was located. I highly recommend staying here and hope that all guests get the chance to meet Jose during their visit. I am sure that it will enhance their stay.

• 24th Nov 2015

Clean.cozy. friendly staff. a bit noisy during the night , but don't forget this is Manhattan .many fun and friendly people I met during my stay. Overall the New York Budget Inn left a good impression. Thank you very much guys .

• Russia

Good Hostel if you just need somewhere to lay your head. Great location, very secure, very clean (showers and toilets regularly done). Staff didn't really make much of an effort when we arrived, it was just the formalities and that's it. Could be a really great place if it had a decent size communal area and staff that really got involved (suggestions, maps, nights out, bar crawls etc).

• 24th Nov 2015

More of a budget hotel, lacking proper common facilities and a kitchen to be a proper hostel. But clean, good value, helpful staff and a good location are all big ticks. Would recommend if you are with others.

• 23rd Nov 2015

My first US hostel experience, met some great people and really enjoyed my stay

awesome value for money, great location, rooms are small but all you need! Would definitely stay there again

• 22nd Nov 2015

the best location, I can went shopping till the stores are closed. 34A I can go to Bus station, 34 I can go to Pen trainstation. 33rd street parking avenue I can go to metro, My room is big and has 3 windows. the room has a table.

• 22nd Nov 2015
  • China

Maybe they should have more for breakfast. We were up at 9am and there was no more breakfast. All the donuts were gone.

• 21st Nov 2015

Excelente, I 'll back next year.

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for a lovely stay in New York! I will definitively recommend your hostel to all my fellow students who plan to visit New York.

There was no much of a breakfast, there is only coffee and hot chocolate, there shoukd be some food too

I really like this place! The location was great, price was perfect, it was clean and secure. The staff were super nice and helpful. No complaints whatsoever! Definitely would stay here again.

Great stay! Staff was amazing. So friendly and were always seen smiling or cleaning the rooms/bathrooms. Rooms were small, which is what I would expect, but definitely manageable and clean. Couple things to note: I'm not sure if there was an elevator but be ready to possibly climb a flight of stairs or two to get to your room. Also, the room could get a bit stuffy at times during the fall, we made sure to keep the AC unit on and had no problem. Location was perfect.! I'd come back!

• 20th Nov 2015

we had a good experience, will definitely come back to stay here when visiting New York

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

The stay in this facility was very good. The people at the counter...especially Daniel was very polite and very friendly. He really knows how to treat people with respect and also make us feel at home. They have lots of activities, Karaoke, Pizza nights and so on. I met a few people there I became friends with. Plus the rooms are clean and over all, I had a wonderful time there. I would have stayed longer if it wasn't fully booked for the Thanksgiving Weekend.

• 18th Nov 2015