New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Had hard time to adjust hot water temperature in a shower, and finally needed to ask a lady at a reception. Her answer completely solved the issue, but I wish I knew before I take a shower. Staffs were very nice, and very clean. Nice place to stay even a family.

• 30th May 2015

Thank you for your review. Our front desk is operational 24/7 and we are always available to assist guests with anything you may need. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

I didn't get my deposit for my towel back, but I didn't notice that until I left and didn't want to bother for just $5. They should be more careful about that in the future, though.

• 29th May 2015

Thank you for your review. Deposits for towels and key cards are refunded upon check out with the return of Towels & Key Cards! We can not refund the deposits if they are not returned

It was good accommodation for the low cost. Very basic, however its all you need for New York as most your time is spent out of the room.

Thank you for your review. As you had reserved our most Basic Room, our Basic Twin Private Room, we have a verity of room types. Please visit our website for actual pictures of all the room types we offer.

Room was smelling terribly (405). Room to the street was extremely loud. No propper wardrobes

• 28th May 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thank you for your review, We had appreciated that you had approached us regarding the smell coming from another guest in your shared room. We had done our best by having a conversation with the guest suggesting to place his shoes and laundry either in a locker or in his bag. We shampooed your room carpet daily and deodorized your room daily. We apologize you had to deal with this as we were completely sold out on the night of your visit

Hope stay there again!!!!

• 26th May 2015
  • Argentina

The hostel is very well located, just 20 minutes walking distance from Times Square. The hostel in general wes very clean. The only downside is the the rooms that face the streets are very noisy, however the front desk has complementary earplugs. If you want to storage your bags after check in, they charge 5 dollars per bag.

• 26th May 2015
  • Chile

I found a very good place, cheap for new york, good staff very friendly. I spent a good time there.

I did the pub-crawl that the hostel offered which was fantastic!

Great staff, clean environment, brilliant location within easy walking distance of Times Square/Broadway/Empire State Building. Plenty of decent bars around the corner as well.

We felt very welcomed all the time. Didn't matter, what we asked for - the staff always had the right answer!

the bets it was manuel! :D

This hostel was in a great location, great price, loads of places to eat out and drink. not far from a local subway stop as well. The room was fine, people seemed sound, toilets/showers were fine too. The only issue I had, was the booking, or bookings. i booked for two days, then realised I needed to book a third, consecutive day. When I checked in, I presumed that they would know that I had two separate bookings, partly it was my fault too, but I had to change my room for the 3rd night

Would definitely stay here again, but what's with the donuts for breakfast. Guess it's an American thing.

The hostel staff were brilliant, they could not do enough to accommodate us and were very knowledgeable about the best places to go and New York in general. I would definitely stay here again next time I go to New York.

• 20th May 2015

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and I could not be happier! I was greeted by friendly staff who answered all of my questions regarding the city in a knowledgeable way. The room was a good size, the bed was comfortable, the lockers were fairly large, and there was even a decent size refrigerator in the room. Further, the individual bathrooms with showers were particularly convenient. For the price of this room, I really do not think you could find a better place to say in NYC.

• 20th May 2015

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you had an enjoyable stay We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to NYC

The New York Budget Inn was very good value for money and I would certainly recommend it for a holiday in New York

• 19th May 2015

Super good located and very clean. I definitely recommend.

• 18th May 2015

The Budget Inn in New York is by far the most impressive lodging experience I have ever had as a backpacker. The bathrooms are clean, the staff are friendly and the rooms are more than I could have asked for.

• 18th May 2015

The hostel is well located , the staff is helpful . The rooms are equipped with a sink and a mirror, which is very practical. However there is no real common room, unfortunately. No elevator either , not very practical with the suitcase ! Good value for price

Thank you for your review. We are always available and do our best to carry up all luggage for guests as there is no elevator in our facility. As space is limited in the city, we maximize our lobby area as our common area. We hope you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

The staff and location were excellent! Rooms were quiet and clean. Bathrooms were also very clean. I would definitely stay here again. My only suggestion would be to add a small mirror to the guest rooms. I felt bad tying up a bathroom when I put on my makeup and could have done that in my room if there was a mirror on the wall.

• 14th May 2015