New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

I stayed 5 nights, in March this year and I really enjoyed my stay: yes, there were construction works right beneath my window which was quite annoying at times but with the free earplugs it was absolutely fine. Maybe the heating system could be improved, sometimes it was rather cold, than it got quite hot again - but it didn't really matter that much: because of the clean rooms and restrooms, nice staff and a great location I would definitely stay at the NY budget Inn again. :-)

• 15th Mar 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff! Very nice stay!

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Norway

they charged me a lot !!! it is not the money when i booked it in the HostelWorld. They charged me extra money! And there are different tax in the bill. I dont know why! I live somewhere else. But i didn't been charged for some different tax, like state tax and city tax !! And, I put my suitcase there before I check-in. They also charged me 5 dollars!!!!! WHY?? I just arrive early! oh...no.

Thank you for your review. As we had tried to explain to you and showed you on the invoice you presented from WRI, Taxes are NOT INCLUDED. We offered you $1 to go to any store and find a $1 item to purchase that when you left the store was going to cost you more the. The $1 you walked in with. New York City and State Taxes are 14.75% + $3.50 Bed Tax. I'm so sorry we were unable to explain it to you in a better way you would understand it.

Perfect. There are many restrooms and staff is very polite.

You have to pay to leave your baggage

Thank you for your review. We offer the option and convenience of luggage storage for guests who have checked out and want to utilize their remaining hours till their flight or for guests who are continuing on to other cities that do not want to drag their luggage around with them for a fee of $5. We hope you had an enjoyable stay with us!

Best hostel in NYC! Close to subway station and within walking distance of many touristy areas. Rooms were a bit hot though. Each bunk should have its own electrical outlet too, because if you're on the top bed you're unable to keep your phone/camera with you overnight.

One of the best places to stay in the city. It's affordable and the Kips Bay/Murray Hill area is a great location. Just down the block is the Empire State Building, there's subway access and plenty of great food/bars/diners in walking distance. Really a great place to be.

• 12th Mar 2015

excellent - i will definitively come back!! friendly and very helpful staff, clean facilities and FREE breakfast every day at 8 am (coffe, cocao and munchkins from dunkin donuts). twice a week free pizza :) :) and the wifi works very quick :)

Very nice and clean. Felt more like a hotel. Great location. Great staff. Will definitely be coming here again.

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Puerto Rico

Poor acces, especially for bags or luggage. They do not have elevator. Confusing information on refunding taxes.

Thank you for your review. Our staff is always on hand and available to assist with luggage. We do not refund taxes, we refund the deposits for key cards and towels.

Wish there was a better community room and a kitchen to prepare food!

The only bad thing about the facilities was how long it took to get barely warm water. The water pressure was weak. A little more space in the bathroom would be nice. I was in the mixed dorm with semi private bathroom facilties. Advise people to wear slippers in the shower. Lock purchase highly suggested. Met some great folks. I mostly showered and slept there, I would be gone all day and most of the night. Would recommend to anyone on a budget but with these notes of course.

• 8th Mar 2015

There is a lot of noise out in the street but nothing that earplugs can fix!! I can really recommend this hostel :D

Thank you for your review. Please note that we offer complimentary ear plugs.

Great all around. Really enjoyed it. Very clean, with great service in a good location.

• 7th Mar 2015

Staff are very helpful and amiable. Rooms are very tidy. I would like to stay this place if I visit New York again.

I absolutely recommend this hostel and post this review to thank the staff ( Tova, Lorena, Gloria, Omar, and the short cut hair style singing man ), because aylwais helpme to find atracctions in the map and help me with advice about any question I had.... the pizza night with karaoke are awesome and the breakfast is aylwis at 8 in the morning!!... the location is near every where walking...and the metro station is 3 blocks from the hostel... when I return to New York , sure I´ll stay here again.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! Was clean all the time, house cleaners came in every day and made the beds. Location was brilliant! 2 blocks from the train and an additional 2 for the Empire State Building. 15 minute walk to Penn Station (Maddison Square Garden). Provide free coffee and doughnuts for breakfast at 8. Was amazing. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in New York City. No issues what so ever.

• 5th Mar 2015

I stayed in a mixed dorm. Rooms were clean and there was lots of bathrooms so you were never waiting. Staff were friendly and quick to respond to any issues. Close to subway and about 15-20 min walk to Times Square. Great value for money. Lockers weren't large enough for a suitcase and you have to bring your own lock but they can store your luggage for $5 for your stay. Will definitely stay here again!

Great location, Clean and good value for NYC. The slippers were a nice subtle touch.

• 3rd Mar 2015

We really ad a great moment at the hotel and i'm gonna recommend it to my friends. The staff was really welcoming and helpful

• 3rd Mar 2015