New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

the staff is helpful, they even carry your luggage up the stairs if they see you enter. 2 person room was small but you really don't need a big room when you're going to be out all day. the blankets on the bed were new and warm. bathrooms were also very clean.

Top location! For Manhattan it does not seem possible to pay less yet the hostel is very clean, the staff is helpful. On the other hand it lacks a certain personal atmosphere as there is no kitchen (but lots of cheap places to eat around). Try to get the mixed 4 bed dorms in the x01-rooms as they seem to have a table and chair and slightly more space than the other dorms.

It was an excellent time! Ive been in this hostel 2 times in 2 different years and they gave me an excellent service in both visits. Its a very nice place to be with your family, its very secure and the location is awesome! thanks for your excellent service

• 16th May 2014
  • Mexico

Our room was really simple but just what we needed. It was clean, the location was perfect (midtown, near subway, 30mins walk to Central Park...) and the staff very nice. I would definitely recommend the place for people who are looking for a basic clean place to sleep but good location.

The place is quite OK for the price but for me the mattress was to soft and there is no elevator- hard to reach the 4th floor ^^

• 15th May 2014

Great location in Midtown Manhattan! The price is as cheap as it can get in NYC but the hostel is still unbelievably clean. Never had to wait for the showers. Staff is helpful and friendly, yet they are very "professional". It's not the usual hostel atmosphere, yet they organize a pub crawl nearly every day. There are lots of cheap possibilities to eat in the area. I usually don't go to hostels twice but coming back to NYC, I'd think about that one seriously.

Amazing clean place. Only a short walk or subway to a lot of attractions. Staff are excellent and always willing to help.

• 13th May 2014

Great Hostel in great location with very helpfull stuff (not everyone:-)

This is not a hotel, it is a hostel, but does have single rooms. My room had one single bed, with nothing else. Room was small, but it is a hostel and for NYC, very very cheap. Staff were always lovely and friendly, great atmosphere and very clean. You wouldn't get a place to stay for this cheap in NYC. Situated in the Murray Hill district, which is a nice neighbour hood. Convenient location for everything in NYC. I'll stay there again!!!

• 12th May 2014

It has wifi but the staff are not giving the correct password. I was a first time traveller and i need the internet to find my way to my tourist destination and plan, but unfortunately i had to go to malls or coffee shops to get d wifi. my first room was with ensuite bathroom. It was small for 4 people. All other amenities were ok. Staffs are helpful. Clean. Within the city.

It was a great vacation in New York and a very very good hostel. THANK YOU Budget Inn

• 11th May 2014

The hotel and rooms were extremely smalll, but mostly functional and served their purpose. This all could have been ok if not, throughout ky stay, the promised wireless Internet was not operational. In a city like New York you highly rely on Internet connectivity and its absence was not even something the Nigel's staff even apologzed for, let alone reimburse you for.

Thank you for your review. We did our best to post notices of informing our guests that our internet provider was making upgrades in the area and there for it was down. We offer free wifi and free computers in our lobby for guests. Most facilities and hotels in NYC charge for those amenities. If the internet failure was due to our negligent, we would have done everything to ensure guest satisfaction. As manhattan real estate is very expensive we do our best to maximize our space.

The staff were very friendly and helpful during check in/check out. Everything was organized and the staff even helped me figure out some cool place to check out during my visit. Would definitely stay there again and recommend to friends.

• 10th May 2014

They charge 5$ for storing your loggage

Nice hostel and many things in walkable distance

The only thing I didn't like was that the windows in two of the bedrooms I stayed couldn't be opened and one of those rooms was actually really small. It felt like I coudn't breath. Everything else was perfect! Very clean and neat place and great staff!

• 10th May 2014
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review. In most facilities the windows do not open for liability reasons. all of our rooms are inclusive of Air conditioners and fans to better circulate the air. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to NYC!

Pretty great place to stay. It was super clean with the bathrooms getting cleaned quite often. The location was amazing. Really central. The room are basic, but it has everything that you need. The wifi was pretty poor though. That's my only complaint.

• 9th May 2014

The hostel was great and the staff very nice. Very well located, near lots of pubs, bars, restaurants....The only thing I did not like is that they charge you to store your bags. At the end of our trip, we needed to store our bags a few hours until we left the city, they charged us 5$ per bag, only to put it in a room they have especially for that. I have visited a lot of hostels and this was the first time I had to pay to store my bags. thanks

Really. I've stayed in hostels all over the world. (Granted - some of them were in third-world countries... but that aside...) This is one of the nicest ever. Clean, individual bathrooms and showers, great security, and met some awesome people. Can't beat the location...

• 9th May 2014