New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Great place to stay, little bit smelly though!

Thank you for your kind review. We are constantly cleaning the hallways and shared bathrooms 24/7. Perhaps you may not have liked the smell of Fabuloso, it is scented.

The hostel has no elevators so have to move the luggages from the stairs. The staff in general is very helpful. The breakfast is a simple one with some donuts and coffee.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

I was impressed

• 17th Jun 2015

My experience at this hostel was wonderful. Though I would have enjoyed a more spacious social area as well as more social activities, I still found it to be an enjoyable experience. The staff was very personable, even the house keeping crew greeted you with a smile. The staff seemed genuinely concerned about you experiencing the best New York vacation...even in the midst of a few personal set backs...like lost phone, etc. Finicky guests turning off air unit in the night was my only negative.

Great place to stay in the center of New York There were many international students staying here. We were on the 4th floor--the stairs were easy to navigate. It reminds me of my college dorm back in the day. The subway was nearby, and the bus stopped nearby. The pizza across the street was delicious. My son and I enjoyed the quiet of the hostel, and the daily cleaning. The bathroom was not very far away, not much more of a walk than in my own home. The showers were always open and clean

• 16th Jun 2015

We were in a private twin room and had a great stay. Really nice hostel in a great location. Rooms were secure and clean and staff were lovely. Would definitely stay here again!

This was my first time staying in a Hostel in NYC (I usually stay with friends), and I don't think it was great for a person in my situatuion. If I were an international traveler who didn't know the city, I think it would have liked it more. My biggest gripe was with the cleanliness. I'm not sure why, but the whole hostel kind of smelled. It was fine in the lobby, but once you opened the door to the rooms, the smell intensified. Pwrhaps it was cleaning fluid? It smelled chemically.

• 16th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review. We are constantly cleaning the hallways and shared bathrooms 24/7. Perhaps you may not have liked the smell of Fabuloso, it is scented.

The hotel was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 15th Jun 2015

Thought this was the ideal place to stay for a short break in New York. Central to all sights and plenty going on in surrounding area! Very clean and felt safe and secure!

• 15th Jun 2015

This hostel is just perfect. Everything is excellent. The staff, the beds, the rooms, the baths and specially the location. 100 % recommended!!!!

• Argentina

When I booked this hostel I red in the other reviews that the employees were very friendly. I did not notice that in the three days that I stayed there. When you walk in - even while checking in - they cannot look up from the tv or computer. Even no 'goodbye', 'good travels' or 'thank you for your stay'. It can be so easy, but I they fail to do so. (One exception: young lady with new employee) If that is not important for you then this is an ok hostel. Most important; it's clean.

• 14th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on customer service as you have read throughout our reviews. In the past few days we have had large groups checking out the same time we have been training. All of our guests mean so much to us and we apologize that we had failed. You are 100% correct and we will work harder to ensure appreciation.

Firstly I have to say that my stay at the New York Budgett Inn Hostel was absolutely satisfying! The only thing I was unhappy with was my bed. I'm a very tall person and I touvged the endings of the bed at both sides but apart from this everything was good

• 14th Jun 2015

Fantastic location (really close to Penn Station), very clean, pretty cheap for Manhattan and staff couldn't have been more helpful :)

Over priced for what you get. I'm going to use air BnB next time!

• 13th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you for your review. Yes, Manhattan is an expensive city! When comparing properties, we are priced just as competitive with properties located outside of the city without our prime location, outstanding customer service and with out all the extras you get when staying with us.

The room is too small

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Thank you for your review. As you had reserved our most economical room, our Basic Twin Private, we have a verity of rooms to choose from. Please visit our website for actual pictures of all the room types we offer. We hope you had an enjoyable stay with us!

Great Hostel! The location is just spot on, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The only complains i may have is that the wifi signal was really REALLY poor everywhere in the hostel except in the lobby.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

The first staff at front desk , were not rude but you could tell they're kind of annoyed for having to explain (probably for the thirtieth time in the day) all the rules and how everything worked there. The place itself is exactly like the pictures show, clean (rooms cleaned everyday), the bathrooms were clean and big enough, except for one that was incredibly small, even for me (i'm 5'5''), and walls are soundproof . In general a very nice and pleasant stay, I totally recommend this places.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

kitchen facilities would have been helpful.

Thank you for your review. We wish we had the space for a kitchen in our facility. As we do not, all of our rooms excluding our Basic Room types all are inclusive of a microwave, refrigerator and a sink in all rooms.

Great location, good for traveling with a budget.

The New York Budget Inn has a good location, and short walking distance to many attractions. A very clean hotel and good atmosphere.