New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

The facility is clean and new. But they don't provide any breakfast and the stairs are really steep.

Thank you for your review. As we do not serve breakfast, we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Coffee and Donuts.

Perfect location. Literally 5 minutes walk to Empire State Building. The rooms are clean and that staff is doing their best to keep the place clean. Karaoke and Pizza party on Sunday and Tuesdays! The only disadvantage is that it does not have a big common area where solo travellers can meet and socialize. Apart from this, it is very good.

I was very pleased with my stay at this hostel. The only thing lacking was a more substantial breakfast. Perhaps they could offer fresh fruit in addition to donuts and coffee.

This hostel really surprised me. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was clean, had a TV and air conditioning, there were free pizza evenings, Dunkin Donuts for breakfast and I saw the bathrooms being cleaned about 4 times everyday! The shower/restroom facilities were very good and I had a very comfortable stay. It's in the Murray Hill area - about 10/15 mins walk from Times Squarea and easily accessible from the 33rd street subway station. Great place to stay in NYC on a budget!

Will definitely stay here again when I go back to new York..

When I arrived at the hotel the staff were very nice and polite. However one member of staff named Corey was very rude to me. Whilst asking a question when I told him I didn't understand something he was saying he would just repeat it shouting. He was very blunt, moody and slightly aggressive. The room was nice with good facilities. The toilets were standard and clean but very far from the room. It's located on a busy road, I had a jack hammer keep me up all night and constant reving of car engi

• 22nd Jun 2014

Thank you for your review. Regarding our staff, we will definitely address this issue. We apologize for the road work being conducted, however manhattan is a busy 24 hour city. Please note that we do offer complimentary ear plugs for guests.

Very poor soundproofing. Had to sleep all night with AC on so that the fan noise would cancel out the noise made by people talking, shutting doors or using the hallways and stairs. Very small room without window / natural light, felt like I was sleeping on a basement / storeroom.

• Portugal

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the noise other guests may have caused. Please note that we have many different room types to choose from. Each room in our facility has a window, however you had reserved our most inexpensive room, our Basic Twin Private Room. The room type has a shaft window.

Hostel exactly as promised. Lobby, hallways, bathrooms are small -- it's New York City, that's the standard here. Staff was kind and very helpful. Room and bathrooms were sparklingly clean. Although not centrally located to the "tourist" sites in NYC, it is easy to get there and an easy walk from the subway. The area around the hostel has many affordable (for NYC) restaurants markets and bars. Would absolutely stay here again.

• 21st Jun 2014

My stay here was awesome! The staff was super friendly and helpful. The bathrooms were kept very clean. The location is perfect!!

• 21st Jun 2014

Be prepared to climb stairs (there is no elevator). Also, if possible, bring your own towel. They charge $5.00 for towels. I would definitely go back!

• 21st Jun 2014

Thank you for your review. As we do not have an elevator, are staff are always available to assist guests with their bags. We do not charge for towels, we merely take a $5 deposit for them and is refunded upon checkout. Towels can be swapped for a clean one at anytime.

The fridge and microwave in the room was nice, but they should have a communal kitchen in case you wake up early or come back late and don't want to wake you roommates up. The is no place to meet people or socialize.

Thank you for your review. Due to limited space in Manhattan, we wish we had addition space to accommodate a large communal kitchen and larger common area. We do however have a lobby that guests can hang out and meet other guests.

Great location, easy to find, toilets are spotless! Single rooms are tiny (with tv but no m.oven and no fridge unlike shared dorms) Walls are thin and if your room is near toilets, you will be woken up early in the morning. Very slow check in and a lot of extra charges plus tax (it is mentioned in the booking)

Felt very comfortable and welcomed. The location is great and the hostel has just what you need to be happy outside of home.

• 19th Jun 2014

It's not the worst, but it's really bad

• 17th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review. We had attempted to explain to you upon check in that despite your threat of this negative review, you had reserved our private room for 2 people and we could not allow your additional friends to sleep in the room. Then at 2:30am you had tried to sneak in your additional 2 friends into the room. We then informed you that you had the option of leaving our facility or your guests would have to leave.

Staff Mr. Q. was very nice and helpful. As for the breakfast offering of 4 doughnut holes per/person on a 1st come 1st serve rule is funny. Thanks for offering something I guess. The single room was so incredibly small it was ridiculous. The sheets or bed spread didn't seem like it was changed. And lastly on the DID NOT MEET ADEQUATE STANDARDS was the cold shower. I had the water run for a good 5mins to turn the water from cold to at least warm. That was a NO GO. There are better Hostels in NYC.

Thank you for your review. As stipulated on our website, we do not offer breakfast however we do offer complimentary Dunkin donuts coffee, hot chocolate and donuts. We limit guests on the amount as other guests were taking the entire box with them back to their rooms and not leaving any for guests. As you had reserved our Basic Twin Private Room, our most economical room, we have many variety of room types available to choose from.

Needs an elevator.

Myself and three girlfriends stayed at this hostel in New York for 10 nights and had an excellent time. The area is amazing you are right in the centre if the city, walking distance from the Empire State, the roackafella centre and Central Park. The hostel facilities are pretty good nothing out of the ordinary share unisex bathrooms and bunk beds in the rooms which squeak and move a little at night. There are few actives organised by the hostel but it's New York so it's not necessary.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Trinnie_andric

Great location and cleanliness. A mark off for lack of kitchen facilities but seriously this is New York who eats in? Also they have free breakfast.

No communal area, no atmosphere - although staff do make an effort to be friendly. This is not a 'hostel' for backpackers, but is perfect for someone who just needs a bed in Manhattan. Not great value but then nowhere is

• 13th Jun 2014

Excellent location, I had an amazing time there! The only problem in my opinion is the lack of an elevator (lift), however it was not a problem for me! :D