New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, New York, USA

We were very impress by the staff and the cleanest of the room! The location was minutes away from subway station which took maybe 5-10 minutes to get to Time Square. Awesome place, would recommend to all!

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was extremely helpful and had a great attitude. The only thing that was a little weird was the MIXED ROOM that I booked on-line. A mixed room means that both boys and girls share the room. Don't know if the nice Muslim man will be the same again. :) Got in at 1:30 a.m. due to weather. Pizza for !.00 per slice across street/open until 3. Hostel offers coffee and donuts in the mornings. Great price and location. Also offer activities. Definitely great place!

• 5th Dec 2013

I am so glad that I booked in at the New York Budget Inn for my trip to NYC. The location was amazing - a short walk from 33rd St subway station as well as the major Penn and Grand Central Stations. I was able to walk to Times Square and Broadway shows in about 20 minutes! This is also almost right next to the Empire State Building. The price is one of (if not the most) affordable in Manhattan. I missed them, but the free pizza and karaoke nights are a great bonus.

What a great value! We enjoyed our stay. We were also pleasantly surprised by the fridge, microwave, and TV in our room. We will be staying here again for sure.

• 4th Dec 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, if you ask they will point out how to get anywhere. I even forgot a camera in the hostel, and they found it and helped me get it back. The hostel is close to many restaurants and pharmacies. The rooms are clean and confortable. There is free breakfast every day and a kareoke night with free pizza twice a week.

• 2nd Dec 2013

This place is like a cross between a hostel and a hotel: I stayed in a private room, and although we didn't have a bathroom in our room, we did have a desk, chair, fridge, microwave, tv and closet, which is so much more than most hostel rooms have. There were heaps of bathrooms on every floor, which were both private and really clean. Location of the hostel is AMAZING, especially for the price- there are a few subway stops within 5 minutes walk, and 34th street is very safe to walk down at night

Understandably space is an issue in new york but other than the receptiom there isnt really any communal area to eat, hang out or meet people not in your room. And while food is food I dont think doughnut holes really count as breakfast. But the facilities are very clean and secure and the location is excellent.

Thank you for your review! Yes, New York City can be a bit tight and compact. Please note that we do not serve breakfast as indicated on our website and all affiliate sites. We do offer complimentary coffee and donuts from Dunkin Donuts for guests to enjoy.

The only complaint I have is that the first night there the room got so hot!! Was probably over 100 degrees. When I first asked to have the temp turned down, was told to open a window... which due to the traffic outside, was very loud. It was finally fixed, but took hours to cool the room down.

The location and staff are the positive aspects of this hostel. I paid for a "private" room and what i got was a very very tiny room without a window!!! Quite depressing actually after 9 nights!

Absolutely loved it... flawless service, great location, super friendly staff and awesome facilities. Would definitely stay here again in future. Shout out to the friendly guy at reception who knew all the tricks to getting cheap Broadway tickets!

• 29th Nov 2013

Very average for the amount of money we paid. Over 800 dollars for 5 nights twin share - absolute rip off. There are no cooking facilities, no elevators, nothing else included. We had a pipe in our room that hissed loudly at random times - usually in the middle of the night when we were sleeping, definitely loud enough to wake us up. We suspect that the cleaning staff stole an expensive necklace out of a suitcase, but have no way to prove it The staff were overall rude and unhelpful. Don't stay!

Thank you for your review. After reviewing your reservation, please note that you had checked in on 11/28 thru 12/4 in our Double Private Room for 6 nights, not 5. $120 per night in Manhattan is not expensive. As we do not have a kitchen your room included a refrigerator, microwave and sink. If you would have notified us about the hissing of the radiator, we would have gladly adjusted it. As per your necklace, we were never notified and we hope that by now you have found it.

The hostel was clean, safe, and in a great centralized location. I will definitely be staying at this hostel again the next time I visit NYC. I came for the Thanksgiving Day Parade and the staff was super helpful and welcoming.

• 27th Nov 2013

Good hostel, located in Midtown and very close to the Empire State Building. It is very new and very clean (rooms are cleaned daily). Good value for money in Manhattan. Cons: no kitchen, though a fridge and a micro were provided. I had to pay $5 to leave my luggage in the deposit the last day, since I checked out and had to go into town before going to the airport. I would have expected a bit more of flexibility. Breakfast not provided, but every morning there are some free doughnuts and coffee

Great budget hotel, basic facilities ie only 1 chair to sit on in room for 2 people. Very clean, friendly, helpful staff. Would recommend this hotel especially for young backpackers. Only complaint was it was snowing in New York and we had to ask for the radiator to be switched on most days, controls in room did not always work. Loved free coffee and donuts and pizzas. Next time I would get private bathroom facilities as there was a queue in the mornings.

• 25th Nov 2013

The breakfast provision was a little below expectation! The coffee was already cold and donuts run out early

• 25th Nov 2013

Thank you for your review. Please note that we do not offer breakfast. We do provide complimentary coffee and donuts from Dunkin Donuts.

Bunk beds were comfortable enough but very wobbly - could do with replacing! Every time myself or friend moved the whole thing moved - was like sleeping on a boat. Could do with a bit more advertising on what you get on the website, and perhaps highlighting that TAX isn't in the final bill you get emailed. I know it's in the small print but lots of people don't read it and although it's there it can bit a bit of a blow when you find out upon arrival - especially if you're on a budget.

• 25th Nov 2013

Great place to stay, would definitely stay again. Rooms are small and heating can be noisy so i would advise ear plugs but other than that brilliant service, great location and brilliant staff!

My time at new York Budget Inn was terrible! The bedroom very, very small for two persons, The Staff never knew give information about Bus, directions, places, only one cup of coffee/person. Heater always off!!!! I did not liked this Hostel!!!!!

• 24th Nov 2013

Thank you for your review! We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We have reviewed your reservation and we noticed you stayed in our Basic Twin Private Room for 1 night and never came to the front desk to notify us that your heat in your room wasn't working. As we inspected your room after checkout we noticed your heating valve wasn't on.

I liked everything except that the communal area is too small and is not easy to meet, hang out with other people for solo travelers.

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Mexico

Positive Prime location. Negatives: This hostel is an old hotel, the whole structure is a hotel. There is no collective area, there is no kitchen. The internet is very bad, the roms are or extremely hot or extremely cold. The heater in my room was a red tube extremelyyyyyyyy noisy! The Price of the cheapest and not.

Thank you for your review. Our newly renovated property is over a 100 years old as are most building in New York city. All of our in house activities: pizza parties, movie nights, karaoke, ice cream parties...are located in our lobby. As we do not have a kitchen facility, most rooms include: sinks, refrigerators and microwaves.