New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

I enjoyed my stay, this was my second time at the New York Budget Inn. The staff are wonderful and very helpful. I will stay here again.

Really nice location with many bars and restaurants surrounded. Close to empire state building and Macy's. Everything was okay, but only a limited space for hanging out with people.

The staff is rally friendly and helpful! They clean and make your bed every morning. It's clean too! It's approximately 30 minutes walk to time square so the location is awesome!

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Banheiros limpos, equipe simpática e excelente localização. Hospedagem certa para as próximas viagens a Nyc.

• 1st Jan 2015

Kitchen is missing!

Thank you for your review. As we do not have a kitchen facility due to the limit of space in NYC, most of our rooms are inclusive of refrigerators and microwaves.

Very well located and excellent value for the money.

• 1st Jan 2015

Thank you. Been there three times. Good experience every time!

For the amount we paid to stay in a 4 bed dorm we did not get very much. The location is amazing as you can walk everywhere and the hostel is cleaned regularly but the staff are very unfriendly and not interested in you. There is no common area just a lobby, no laundry facility and no kitchen. Would recommend to people who won't be there often as it is more like dorms as opposed to a hostel environment. Very hard to meet people. Won't go back.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are completely shocked that you felt our staff is unfriendly as we pride ourselves on customer service. As space is limited in Manhattan, most of our rooms include refrigerators and microwaves as we do not have a kitchen. As we do not have a laundry facility there is a laundromat directly across the street. We have many activities in which guests are invited to participate and meet fellow travelers.

Great location and very clean

The room was small and clean with the exposed brick wall view, but it was on the second floor with less stairs to climb. The staff were friendly and helpful and they will help you with your luggage at check in if needed. There is no elevator. Remember that this hotel is a budget minded hotel. If you can go without the amenities of a more expensive accommodation, I think you will find the New York Budget Inn very adequate for the price. Great location and great value!

My first time to New York by myself and you guys were so helpful. There was someone at the front desk 24 hours a day which was great since the GPS on my phone was messed up and someone was able to direct me exactly to the hostel when I got a little lost. I only stayed 2 nights and literally only stayed there to sleep but was impressed with the tours, pub crawls, and activities you guys had planned if you traveled alone and wanted to have some fun. Hope to come back soon!!!

• 29th Dec 2014

Stayed on the 5th floor and the Wi-Fi did not connect. The ground floor wifi works perfectly though :)

Thank you for your review and informing us of the wifi! We wished you had informed us earlier but thanks to your review we have rebooted our system and the 5th floor wifi is working at optimum speed.

Was absolutely packed out while I was staying here over new years and I feel that the staff handled it amazingly. Although an unfortunate incident occurred during my stay I believe they absolutely made the best of an unforeseeable situation. I spoke mostly with the night staff but found everyone extremely friendly and welcoming. Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in, was extremely impressed to see maintenance work literally around the clock and find my comfy bed freshly made each day.

• 28th Dec 2014

Great place to say, would highly recommend! Very reasonable pricing and great location, we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go in the city! I stayed in a mixed dorm with 2 others who were just as happy. The only negative comment I have is that there is not a lot of storage in the rooms and was a little cramped. Regardless, top spot and I would most defininatly stay again!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Me and my girlfriend were there for 8 days. It was our second stay in the Budget Inn. The location is perfekt. The 33th Street subway station is only two blocks away. The rooms are good to sleep, there is a freeser and a microwave inside. We want to come back soon.

• 27th Dec 2014

Overall it was great

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Indonesia

Nice place in Murray hill. An affordable diner one block away . close to the metro. The only thing was that the mattresses were worn.

• 25th Dec 2014

The hostel was very clean and everybody was very nice. What I really liked was that each bathroom was a single room and had a toilet and a shower. What I didn't like was that there was no living room - just the lounge at the reception which is way too small for so many people in a hostel. The laundry room and a kitchen was missing too. At night it was very noisy but the staff was so nice and handed earplugs out.

Very friendly staff. Facilities were clean. The only thing was the construction outside was rather annoying, but that can't be helped.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Great location, really clean. They even make your bed for you. Cleaning record sheets in the bathrooms and you can tell they are accurate. I arrived b4 checkin and was disappointed that they wanted to charge me $5 a bag to leave my luggage there while I walked around for 2hrs. I was not willing to pay 4 2 bags so I chose to sit and wait (with my bags) in the small public area. Another staff member said it would be no worries to leave my bags for free. This made me happier. Really good place thou