New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, New York, USA

I liked the hostel so much. Bad things are the bed was very noisy and the hostel does not have elevator. If you have heavy bags you will have some problems.

Great room, with TV and mini fridge. Lockers available. Good bath kit provided at check-in with slippers, shampoo, conditioning, soap and towel (provided at a deposit, which is not an issue). Close to the subway, bars and dining available at close range if needed (although not the best ones). Overall great experience for a hostel, and the cleanest shared bathrooms I've seem.

Stayed here for residency interview and loved it!

• 21st Nov 2013

New York Budget Inn far exceeded my expectation for such a small hotel. The staff is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!! The facilities are excellent.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Philippines

Thank you so much for your review!!

I was quite happy with my stay at New York Budget Inn. The rooms were nice and the it was generally quite well maintained and clean. When my group of 3 was checking in we had issues with the payments as they didn't evenly divide the cost between the 3 of us. Also, the breakfast they provide is only a few little doughnut holes. They also charge $5 per piece to hold bag after checking out. Regardless, it was a nice hotel (not as much a hostel) and I was generally satisfied with my experience there

Thank you for your review! We are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. As mentioned to you and your friend, we were not able to slit the reservation into 3 for the first night as your 3rd friend was not present at checkin and only arrived the following nite. Please note that we do not offer breakfast. As a curtesy to our guests, we offer coffee time which include Dunkin Donuts coffee and donuts. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to NYC!!

No kitchen facilities, and a very small lounge/communal area. Staff were friendly, and gave great advice! Bathrooms and accomm was always clean.

• 18th Nov 2013

Thank you for your review! As we do not have a cooking facility, we do have refrigerators and microwaves in our rooms.

Absolutely loved this place. The atmosphere and staff are amazing. Loved the karaoke night with the free pizza. The place is well clean, and the beds were made everyday for us (not sure whether this was accidental), but it was nice to come back to find the beds made!

I had such a great time in the hostel, I felt it like home!!! It's the most greatest hostel I've ever been, the staff were so amazing and kind, they show you all places to visit, the cleanliness was excellent, it's secure, very good located just two avenues from Empire States. You are able to have a great time, the offer pizza, ice cream, karaoke, movies, etc. some days at week. The have all facilities for you. I would like to come back there in my future travel to New York.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Venezuela

Nice hostel, location is good and security is good. My only major issues are that in the end you end up paying more than the rate shown in Hostelworld and that you have to pay a fee per item for storing your luggage with them for a couple of hours before going to the airport.

Thank you for your review. Please note on WRI, our website, and other affiliate website, it clearly indicates that taxes are not included. We do not keep or benefit from these taxes as we merely just collect them and pay it to New York City and State. We offer luggage storage as an option for our guests so you can maximize the remaining time in NYC without having to drag your bag with you around the city before you depart.

The staff here were excellent and always in high spirits. Everyone was very helpful and always gave us a friendly welcome.

• 16th Nov 2013

It was my second time on NY Budget Inn. Thats a awesome place to stay,the staff is great, always ready to help you. The rooms and the bathroom are always clean and organized. The only bad thing is that there is no elevator, however the staff always helps us to get our baggage upstairs. I really recommend NY Budget Inn! And i cant forget telling about the perfect location of this hostel, its almost in the heart of Manhattan!

• 15th Nov 2013

No sign on the building - just unnamed entrance. Everything is crampy here to maximize the profit: no lift, narrow stairs and corridors. In the basic twin room you have bunk bed, metal locker, flat TV on the wall and 2 square meters to live. But the shared restrooms are clean. Towels are included but they charge 5 USD deposit for towel. -Check out is early: 11 am and if you want to leave your pack for another hour or more you have to pay (!) 5 dollars per pack,

Thank you for your review! Please note, located at the entrance door, just to the right, near our address is our name "New York Budget Inn". Manhattan is a very tight and compacted city and the building size as most, is what it is. We do not have control of the size of the staircases and corridors. As many other properties place 6-8 beds in tight quarters, we at most place 4 beds per room. We offer luggage storage as an option for our guests for them to maximize their time in NYC.

Needs more options for the night, linked with clubs and bars but they are great!!!

Everything was pretty great for the most part. The check-in staff on Thursday afternoon were a little inappropriate - one staff member joking about "what he'd done in some of these rooms" and being generally sexually leery. Also saw what looked like dried blood in one of the 5th floor bathrooms on Friday morning. Otherwise we had a great stay.

• 14th Nov 2013

Thank you for your feedback.We pride ourselves in offering the best customer service while bringing a unique blend of fun that our guests enjoy.All of our front desk staff are obligated to check in & stay a night at the property in order to better understand what you, our guest experience and we continuously strive to improve.Inappropriate behavior among our staff and our guest is unacceptable & we apologize if there was something you heard that might have been misunderstood during your check in

Had an excellent stay for my 5 nights in NY . In a 4 bed shared room, most of the time all beds filled new people coming and going, didn't have any problems at all, kept myself to myself. Free coffee and donuts from around 8am until all gone was nice. In an excellent part of central Manhattan with shopping just a few blocks away and bars even closer. Couldn't ask for much more given the excellent prices. Would definitely go back.

Very very slow check in and check out. It took about 20 to 30 minutes for each. They also charge $5 per bag to store it for a couple of hours. Staff quite rude. Hostel is cheap compared to other places in nyc. Use it only as a place to shower and sleep. Not a good place to meet others. Very safe, clean and secure though.

Thank you for your review! Please note the there are a min of 2-3 people at the front desk. As we're use to being 100% occupied, we value all of our guests time. You were 1 of 10 people in your group and you all had your own reservation. It did take time Luggage storage is an option for our guests and a convenient option and choise for guests looking to maximize on their stay. We have daily activity in our hostel and outside to meet other guests.

I was at the end of a RTW trip, having travelled through 19 countries and this is the worst hostel I have had the misfortune of staying in considering the price. The dorms are cramped and the bunk beds so low that you can't sit up in them, and they don't other to provide simple things like reading lights. There's also no lounge space or kitchen, so there is nowhere to hang out. The wifi is really bad and when I complained one member of staff was obnoxious to me. Really don't recommend!

Thank you for your review. We apologize you had a negative stay with us. As manhattan can be a bit tight, we do provide a desk, lamp, microwave and refrigerator in our shared rooms with almost 11 ft ceiling heights. As we provide free wifi, we maximize the bandwidth by dividing the routers per floor, perhaps you were not connected to the appropriate router. We pride our self on great customer service as is evident in almost every other review.

I highly recommend this hostal, if u wanna travel and save money in a city where you are out of your room all day. Staff is very friendly and the place is overall clean and well located.

• 10th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

I had a really fantastic stay that the Budget inn hostel. Where i was traveling alone, it was really important to me to find a place in a safe area of manhattan, where i felt secure walking the streets, and leaving my belonging behind at the hostel for the day. The budget inn was very affordable, i had great roommates, and the staff was incredibly helpful, thoughtful and inviting. The bathrooms and bedroom was very clean. I would stay there again in a minute.

Excellent value for money. You're paying for a hostel and that was you get, but its one of better ones. Its clean and easy to get to. Towel and slippers supplied which is a nice bonus. I will recommend it.