New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Great hostel, pretty close to metro line

I would recommend this hostel to my friends and will definitely go again next time I visit New York.

• 10th Jul 2014

Room with 4 bunk beds too small, would better suit a double bed. Lockers just big enough for a backpack.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you for your review. We will review your suggestion with upper management, however Manhattan in general is tight on space. The lockers are intended to be able to safeguard your items.

The staff was awesome, very hospitable. The location was great, close to subway and bus. I walked from hostel to downtown. The staff made the stay, very helpful. Thank you.......

• 9th Jul 2014

No kitchen for the guests. Only microwave but it is a personal one in the room. With also a personal fridge it is enough even if it is not easy to prepare food in very small bedroom. Main problem is noise because of traffic in the street but staff is exceptional (kind, always available to help) and there are lots of people to clean so it is very very clean. Situation is central (it explains noise). The consequence is that all restaurants,bars and supermarkets are just close to the hostel.

Great place. Great fun meeting nice people from around the world in a friendly environment. Only negative: upgrade internet to faster speed. Way too slow!

• 9th Jul 2014

Perfect location, Breakfast of champions, Donuts and coffee. Clean with friendly staff. Need a bigger common room tho

No free buggage storage like another hotel! I have to pay $5 for check in and $5 for check out!

Thank you for your review. Baggage storage is an option for guests to maximize their remaining time in NYC. As space is limited in Manhattan, we just do not have the space to accommodate all guests luggage and therefor we find ourselves needing to charge a fee in order to accommodate those guests who are willing to pay a $5.00 fee.

Amazing hostel, with amazing staff, in an amazing city. 'Mac and O'.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The New York Budget Inn is very well situated. The staff members are really friendly and welcoming. Even if the rooms ar small this accomodation is perfect to stay and discover NYC for families who want to travel without breaking the bank.

Very nice and practical place for a week end in NYC

• 7th Jul 2014

It's a great and tidy place. Although it was very hot at the time in NY, the rooms were cool because of the efficient air-con. Bathrooms are tidy and overall it was a great experience. The only drawback I'd point is the lack of common space for socializing. The area by the reception is rather small.

New York Budget Inn is a perfect place for people who want a nice basic place to stay for a cheap price. Is has everything you need. The staff is nice and there is even free coffee and donuts in the morning. Our room was very small, but the hostel is clean and the location is great. Within 10 minutes you are in front of the empire state building!

• 7th Jul 2014

Great location, plenty of restaurants, stores and bars just outside the place. I would live in the neighborhood if I moved to NYC. But there are some drawbacks. No elevator means you have to lug yor luggage up the narrow stairs. I stayed in a dorm. The bunk beds are quite awful in there. There is no big room or lounge area where you can gather and meet fellow travelers; so there was no sense of "community" that you get at other hostels. There are too many signs telling you that you about fines

As we do not have elevator, our staff are available 24/7 to assist guests with their luggage. as we have just received your review we ran to your bed and noticed that your bed was a bit loose and had it tightened. As space is limited here in NYC for a large common space, we do maximize the facility we have. Additionally, we have activities daily for guest to have the opportunity to meet fellow travelers. The only fines posted IS NO SMOKING IN THE ROOM. Its Standard

If you're looking for a low cost place to come back to after a long day that's clean, feels safe, close to food, and staffed by some of the friendliest hostel personnel, this is the place to hit up. It's within walking distance of Penn Station and Grand Central, super close to the typical touring areas for Manhattan, and not far from the subway. The bathrooms and rooms were kept well, very clean and comfortable. Highly recommended!

This place was amazing to stay at! The location was perfect (away from the tourist trap) has a really nice shisha lounge next door called Bablyon and bars across the street which are also value for money. Absolutely loved the staff who were so friendly and helpful. They have free wifi and computers to use and allow you to print things at a cheap cost. The hostel was very secure as I as alone. Would definitely give this 5 stars and will be going back here rather than the hotel I stayed in!

• 7th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to having you back!!

What a lovely place to stay in manhattan. The staff were welcoming as soon as I reached the front door and through out my entire experience. I will definitely want to stay here again.

• 6th Jul 2014

The room was very clean and so were the bathrooms. There were 2 bathrooms on the floor and they got cleaned every day. The room was a bit small though for 3 people though. The location was perfect and the staff was very helpful and friendly. They do offer breakfast but not a decent one, which was disappointing. Just some munchkins and some coffee from Dunkin Donuts on a table right beside the front door (and it was gone fast).

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Very small, but clean rooms. Great location and very easy to get everywhere we wanted to go

• 5th Jul 2014

Awesome staff, awesome location, awesome price, the place was very clean and the room was WAY beyond my expectations! No doubt will this be the very first place I will look up when planning my future trips to NYC!

• 5th Jul 2014