New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Staff are always smiling, always making an effort to help out guests, very clean and comfortable beds

The only reason I have marked the 'Facilities' as Average was because of the lack of Hot Water in the shower. My room was on the top level, so wethervthat had anything to do with the almost luke warm water from the shower i do not know. Apert from that, it was as indicated, excellent.

• 26th Jun 2015

We were impressed with the facility. and the security was great. The location is ideal. The staff was very helpful and it was a good value for the money. I would like to add that I was a bit disappointed with the bed itself. I had to remove the mattress from the box spring and stand the box spring and frame against the wall and place the mattress on the floor in order to sleep. The box spring was worn down to the point that any movement would make the bed squeak loudly.

• 25th Jun 2015

Habitaciones un poco pequeñas que imposibilitan el normal movimiento por ellas, pero las camas son muy buenas y el hostel está muy muy limpio.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Spain

the street noise is very loud.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Thank you for your review. NYC can be a bit loud at times. Please note that we do offer complimentary ear plugs at the front desk.

Oh I really enjoyed my stay in NY in New York Budget inn! First of all, it's location!! OMG so close to everything! 2 mins walk to the famous 5th avenue and 3 mins to Broadway!! Really nearby the Empire St.B! Facilities are great, free towels, lockers in the room, nice shower and clean bathroom, spacious rooms with an airconditioners! Everything's fantastic for real, free wifi as well. Those all facilities all together I didn't get in any European hostel, so thanks Budget Inn for a perfect stay!

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Russia

2 nuit a l'auberge au top ! Petit dej de chez dunkin donuts offert au leve tot. Je n'avais pas compris une phrase et du coup ils n'ont pas hésité a me la traduire. Le ménage est fait tout les jours (tres appréciable). Petit point négatif : -Manque une salle commune plus grande surtout pour les soirée à thème -climatisation extrêment bruyante (chambre donnant sur une coure mais on entendait tout les bruits de la rue) dommage quand on y passe que les nuits

• 22nd Jun 2015

Me encanto el trato desde que te reciben y tratan de hablar en español para que te sientas en confianza, mucha limpieza en los baños y cuarto! Excelente ubicación!! Gracias!!!

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Mexico

I would definitely recommend this hostel! Although it's a little pricer than other hostels it's definitely worth the value. The rooms and bathrooms are all very comfortable and clean, the great thing is facilities are included (free computer use) soap etc. in the bathroom and free change of towels. Only down side is although its near Times Square it will take about 15 minutes to walk there (no nearby subs that go in that direction). More of a family / couple hostel, had less of a social vibe.

Overall an excellent choice if you're travelling to Manhattan.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Great place to stay, little bit smelly though!

Thank you for your kind review. We are constantly cleaning the hallways and shared bathrooms 24/7. Perhaps you may not have liked the smell of Fabuloso, it is scented.

Ótima localização, serviço cordial com funcionários educados e muito prestativos!

• 17th Jun 2015

Sehr gute Lage sehr freundliches Personal! Haben in einem Doppelzimmer geschlafen und der Platz war ausreichend.

I was impressed

Excelente!!!!

Great place to stay in the center of New York There were many international students staying here. We were on the 4th floor--the stairs were easy to navigate. It reminds me of my college dorm back in the day. The subway was nearby, and the bus stopped nearby. The pizza across the street was delicious. My son and I enjoyed the quiet of the hostel, and the daily cleaning. The bathroom was not very far away, not much more of a walk than in my own home. The showers were always open and clean

• 16th Jun 2015

We were in a private twin room and had a great stay. Really nice hostel in a great location. Rooms were secure and clean and staff were lovely. Would definitely stay here again!

This was my first time staying in a Hostel in NYC (I usually stay with friends), and I don't think it was great for a person in my situatuion. If I were an international traveler who didn't know the city, I think it would have liked it more. My biggest gripe was with the cleanliness. I'm not sure why, but the whole hostel kind of smelled. It was fine in the lobby, but once you opened the door to the rooms, the smell intensified. Pwrhaps it was cleaning fluid? It smelled chemically.

• 16th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review. We are constantly cleaning the hallways and shared bathrooms 24/7. Perhaps you may not have liked the smell of Fabuloso, it is scented.

The hotel was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 15th Jun 2015

Das Hostel sieht zwar von außen nicht sehr spektakulär aus aber ist super sauber Service ist klasse es ist nur recht laut aber was bei der Lage in New York auch klar ist und es hat leider keinen Aufzug so dass man sein Gepäck die Treppe hoch tragen muss, aber auch hier war das Personal sehr zuvorkommend und hat geholfen.

• 15th Jun 2015