New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Bon hôtel/auberge pour le prix. Bien situé. Propre . Un petit un peu de bruit mais pour moi ce n'était pas gênant la nuit. Le service est parfois lent à la réception mais on se sent écouté. Je conseillerai cet hôtel qui est tout à fait convenable.

• 31st Jul 2015

Great ! Keep it up guys.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Turkey

I was pleasantly surprised with the hostel. It was much better than I was expecting, specially regarding cleanliness and security. People were nice, from staff to guests. I had an emergency and had to go to New York on a short notice, and only available rooms were mixed 4 people dorms. I had no problems whatsoever. Also, bathroom facilities were very clean at all times and there was always at least one free whenever I needed to use it. I'll be back.

• 30th Jul 2015

Great place, perfect for New York.

• 29th Jul 2015

Personnel sympa, hotel propre, climatisation tres bruyante, un divan à la réception pour les communs. Hotel et pas auberge ! Bref, hotel un peu cher !

Thank you for your review and complimenting our staff. New York is very expensive and space is limited. We maximize our lobby area for common area. We offer a verity of activities to engage our guests and offer great opportunities for guests to meet each other with activities such as walking tours, pub crawls, karaoke and pizza parties twice a week, movie night and game night. As New York City is 24/7 and can be a bit loud at times we offer complimentary earplugs at the front desk.

This hostel is great value for money and in a good location. Rooms are small (typical for NYC) but comfortable and facilities are clean. The only complaint I would have is that luggage storage is charged at $5 per bag which I feel is excessive. I have never been charged anything for this anywhere I have stayed before so it was a surprise and while I realise that space is limited I think that the hostel should find an alternative way to manage this rather than overcharging guests.

Las mujeres de la recepcion son muy mala onda. El resto todo genial!!

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Uruguay

Muy buen lugar para hospedarse, pero no es un hostel comun y corriente. No hay cocina y el lugar común es muuy chico. Igual esta muy bueno!

Voor een stad als NYC is dit een uitstekend hostel, met een goede ligging.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Não foi a primeira vez que fiquei nesse hostel. Fiquei nele em 2012 e já tinha gostado. Dessa vez fiquei mais dias e a experiência foi novamente muito boa. Relativamente perto do Empire State e bem localizado em relação a alimentação e bares. Com certeza ficarei lá na minha próxima ida a New York.

There was no real atmosphere or place to socialise at the hostel. Breakfasts at other hostels were a lot better. We had a particularly negative experience as my friend and I came home at night to find a girl sleeping in her bed. The girl had gone to the wrong room. Apparently her key hadn't worked (as it wasn't her room) but an employee just let her in anyway without checking the booking. My friend had to sleep in this girl's mixed dorm bed, and the staff did not give a proper apology.

Thank you so much for your review. We will be contacting you shortly via email. We really appreciated your friend not wanting to wake up the guest and offering to sleep in her bed. Please note that we do not offer breakfast. We do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Coffee, hot chocolate, donuts and apples. As space is limited in Manhattan, we do maximize our lobby area.

I had a great stay here, the location is great being only a short walk away from the Empire State Building and Times Square. The reception staff were always very happy to help and assist you with any questions you may have. The beds were made everyday with clean linen and you could collect a clean towel everyday as well. I would defiantly come back again to stay here.

El hostel cumple a la perfección con aquello que ofrecen. La atención es excelente y responden a las necesidades de los huéspedes.

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

Not a place to socialize, but perfect location and cleanliness

• 18th Jul 2015

El desayuno era muy precario, el salón principal era más pequeño que el baño de mi casa, los pasillos claustrofóbicos, la habitación muy pequeña, la cerradura de la puerta del baño estaba rota y no había ascensor para subir con las maletas. En definitiva, el precio era excesivo para el servicio tan pobre que ofrecen.

Thank you for your review. As we do not serve breakfasts, we do offer complimentary Apples, Dunkin Donuts Coffee, Hot Chocolate and donuts. As we have a verity of room types, you had reserved our most Basic Room, a Basic Twin Private. Please visit our website for actual pictures of all of our room types.

Great Location with secure lockers, all the bathrooms are private single use. The staff this year were not as friendly as last year. One disadvantage is there is no lift. Not fun as I had a heavy suitcase and was on the 5th floor. Overall great value and location

Thank you for your review. We were so glad to have you stay with us again! I'm sorry you felt that staff weren't as fun as last year, but we are always available to assist guests with their luggage.

I was very impressed with the Inn, it was very clean, great location and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Everything here was fantastic would gladly stay again.

• 16th Jul 2015

The location doesn't get any better, the staff is very friendly and helpful. There is no breakfast included but there is free coffee and donuts in the morning.

"Hostel"? In name only! This is a daily room service, fresh towels on request, full private shower-toilet-sink rooms (just down the hall!) ... which are cleaned several times a day, helpful staff, Dunkin' Donuts coffee and donuts breakfast daily, in walking distance to everything but still in a safe/comfortable neighborhood .... HOTEL. I have stayed in many hostels world wide and even more hotels - I am not easily impressed. I was very impressed.

• 15th Jul 2015