New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

The room, bed linen, and facilities were clean and nice. They could use less chemicals when cleaning or choose more environmentally friendly cleaning chemicals (a lot of people have chemical sensitivities now)

• 13th Aug 2014

Thank you for your review! We will definitely look into this. Thank you

An excellent value hostel with great ammenities in a good location. Wifi was accessible in the room and the individual shower rooms were a breath of fresh air. The staff were poite and the facillities were cleaned regularly.

• 10th Aug 2014

I stayed in the Budget Inn hostel with my girlfriend for one night and we were extremely satisfied with our stay. The four bed mixed dorm was spacious. There were lockers (although for additional fee), sink with mirror, table and a couple of chairs in the room, as well as plenty of power sockets and an air conditioner which served its duties well. Room and bathrooms were all clean and neat. We got towels, pack of shampoo, conditioner, soap and a pair of slippers each upon arrival.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Lithuania

Thank you for your review. It was our pleasure having you as a guest. We would like to correct one thing you noted. There are lockers in every room and there is NO charge. You must however provide your own lock. As a courtesy to our guests we do sell locks if they need them.

Overall I was glad to stay in this hostel. However the windows could not be opened and the air was used and quite bad. There is no kitchen which is a minus for me since I prefer cooking to eating out.

Endroit idéal pour séjourné a New York Directement au centre des activitées Seul désagrément le bruit de la rue la nuit qui était en travaux

• 8th Aug 2014

El mejor hotel que he estado lo recomendaré seguro!!

Los del Staff todos fueron muy amables, viajé sola y me hicieron sentir como en casa. Hago mención especial de Ronnie. Me encantó la ubicación y las instalaciones. Sólo el internet fallaba mucho.

A lot better than I expected! I'm always a little leery of US hostels. But this one was great. The only thing I would say is that my room was a constant 83 degrees. Granted the bunk mates did not like the AC on so they would turn it off but when it was on the room seemed not to get any cooler. But other than that everything was great!

• 6th Aug 2014

I stayed at this hostel for the second time and I think there can't be a better hostel that is so centrally located and with so friendly and helpful staff! The staff is really incredible kind! I really enjoyed my stay at the NYBI and when I come back to NY i am definitely going to stay at this hostel again! :) Thank you so much!

• 6th Aug 2014

Good location, however very noisy at night and staff at front desk weren't very helpful.

Thank you for your message. Our staff had made a note on your accommodation. We are sorry to have heard about the noise complaint, however we did attempt to offer you complimentary ear plugs but you were seeking a discount for the noise from outside. We do try our best to accommodate all of our guests to the best we can.

No shower/toilet in room. They were however very clean at any given time. Very small rooms and hard mattress. The beds were made for you every day which was nice. Very safe! (2 doors which you can only get through with a key card)

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Thank you for your review. We have many different room types. Rooms labeled Ensuite are room with a bathroom. For more details and actual pictures of all room types, availability and pricing, please visit us online

Extremely good WiFi setup good for the media work that I was doing. Standard room is tiny, but for the location and price it is understandable. Staff were very friendly and the place was maintained very well and was very tidy.

Really friendly staff and a good location for the hostel. Definitely don't expect too much, especially quite small rooms, but reasonable price for what you get.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Gostei muito desta Hostel, apesar de ter ficado apenas 3 dias! Esta muito bem localizado, proximo de muitos pontos turisticos, e linhas de metro!

• 2nd Aug 2014

We are so glad you had enjoyed your stay with us despite just being here for 3 days.

First time staying at a hostel and it has made me confident to stay at more! Great location and the area is nice and feelssafe to walk around alone!

• 2nd Aug 2014

I know there were rooms at the back of the hotel which I suspect were quieter in so far as they were not facing out onto the road. If this were the case I personally feel sure I would have paid a little more to have less road noise. Having said that I knew the noise would be there (as have hostelled once before in NY) and strange though it may seem it was part of the experience I wanted my 16 and 18 year old to have. The staff were very friendly, the rooms clean, the beds made up each day.

• 1st Aug 2014

The price is higher than most hostels but the location is much better than the Hi Hostel in Manhattan. The dorms are very small but are secure and kept very clean. You do get daily service which most hostels do not provide and the dorms have private bathrooms. The best thing about this hostel is the staff, the guys at check in were so friendly and helpful. This is what really gives a hostel it's character. I highly recomend to hostel.

Anzahlung wurde nicht zurückerstattet.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Rooms are tiny but this is simply a safe, central place to leave ur stuff n sleep in while u explore NYC. Really central, really safe, really clean.

• 31st Jul 2014

The hallways smell like sweaty socks, but the place is cleaned constantly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7