New York Homestay Reviews

17-19 8th Avenue, Newark, New York, USA

i loved the experience of having basically a whole apartment to yourself. the owner was very friendly and helpful, once he came to meet us. he even drove us to the nearest laundromat and made sure we knew exactly how to get home. the location seems a bit dodgy, but we never had any trouble while we were there.

Great location, next to multiple food sources, mcdonalds, kfc, dunkin donuts, chinese restaurants. Close to both Sutphin bulvard and Jamaica Van Stations, within 5 mins walk. Secure. Pierre and JR are available during the day and extremely helpful, always looking to please. Free shuttle to the airport was great too. Room had air conditioning, wifi was fast, a bunk bed with sheets and towels provided. Shared bathroom and kitchen but both are fully stocked. All in all for the price great value.

I love NewYork Homestay, is not expensive and is a nice and confortable house!

• 11th Aug 2014

Pro: George was already waiting for us when we arrived. We first thought he lives in the house as well, but he only introduced us to everything. He was very friendly and helpful! You have everything you need in that place. We got a big double room and everything was perfect! Con: It´s not really a negative point. But you must consider you are not staying in NYC, BUT its only a 2 minutes walk to the train station and you are in Manhatten about 20 minutes later.

George greeted us when we arrived and was extremely kind and helpful. He gave us suggestions on what to do with out time in NYC and directions and tips on taking the train and metro. The location was great (a quick walk to the Broad street train station) and the brownstone was adorable. I do not know when I will return to NYC but if I do I would definitely try to stay here again first. My boyfriend and I felt right at home and loved our time there.

• 12th May 2014