Newcastle Beach YHA Reviews

30 Pacific Street, Cnr King Street, Newcastle, Australia

Sorry I didn't stay here due to a change in my schedule. So to be fair I gave the same average rating of the previous reviews.

Really well run, close to everything.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Iv travelled a the way up the east coast & this is my least favourite hostel. Not only was us dirty and old, the staff were unfriendly. The girls working there were working in exchange for free board but I suggest that next time you hire more approachable, friendly people. I felt like I wasn't welcome here and I got stared at every time I walked past. The atmosphere was dull as there where no activities at night. Even getting everyone together for a game would have been enough.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. The only downside was that the rooms were incredibly cold (it's winter I know) but we couldn't get warm in the night.

Great location!

Great location. Super friendly staff. Could happily spend a few weeks here. Would highly recommend.

• 4th Jul 2015

We were in the family room which had water damage, although there was a foul smell coming directly from one of the bed posts in a specific area which i doubt coukd have been from water damage. I think they should have relocated us rather then spray some air freshener. Overall the hostel is clean, fantastic location and beautiful old building. Apart from the smell we enjoyed ourselves.