Newcastle Beach YHA Reviews

30 Pacific Street, Cnr King Street, Newcastle, Australia

Very clean great location

• 8th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Nice stay! But, it would be even nicerif the wifi connection were stronger!

• 4th Jan 2016

Had some issues with the Internet but otherwise very enjoyable. I would go back.

Me and my friend stayed here for 3 nights over christmas and had such a good time. We were made to feel like part of a family and the food was amazing! We would definitely stay here again

This hostel is just lovely! Free wifi, huge comfortable common area, nice clean rooms, and extremely friendly staff. And it's only steps away from the ocean! It's also very affordable. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for centrally located accommodation in Newcastle!

First experience of a YHA didn't disappoint! Such a good atmosphere, everyone so friendly and loads going on in the evenings in the hostel and they really help you spend your time wisely in Newcastle. I left something at the hostel that I really didn't want to lose and they were really helpful getting it back to me! Cheers Newcastle YHA!

Favourite hostel so far! Everything you need with something going on every night and a stones throw from the beach! Lovely rooms, comfy beds and a great kitchen :)

Although Newcastle is very quiet we had a wonderful time whilst staying here. Staff where helpful, the room was spacious and although it could do with being updated (very granny-esque) was clean and in good running order.

Overall quite good

• 14th Nov 2015

Great hostel, one of the best I've ever stayed in. Big, clean, beautiful sitting room, comfortable. Clean bathrooms, quiet dorms. Big functional kitchen. Great staff. Would definitely stay here again. Great for singles, couple and families.

The best part of this hostel would definitely be that it's two blocks from one of the best beaches in NSW. The rooms were adequate and the lounge was a great hang out spot, but lacked a lively atmosphere. This isn't the type of hostel to meet many new friends (everyone mainly kept to themselves), but as a stopover in a nice beach town, it can do the trick.

Nice big rooms and bathroom, all clean. Wifi worked well and was free. Very relaxed hostel good for a stop over between Sydney-Byron.

Sorry I didn't stay here due to a change in my schedule. So to be fair I gave the same average rating of the previous reviews.

Really well run, close to everything.

• 29th Aug 2015