Newcastle Rooms Reviews

Newcastle Rooms Limited,Benwell Lane, Benwell, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

We made a silly mistake booking the wrong date!! But the receptionist was very helpful and arranged the night for the same room we booked for the same price. The place was quite good! Despite the terrible comments, we decided to give it a shot because it was only £14.50 per person for a double room and we made sure to book en-suite. It was a very pleasant stay, with Lidl (supermarket) only a 5-minute walk away for us to get food! FREE (simple) breakfast, spacious shower & free coffee & tea!

Staff was unfriendly. They seemed more interested on their mobile phones and computer than the guests. When I checked in the staff member just grabbed a key and showed me my room. No other information. I was only there for a night and couldn't find a shower anywhere and no one was at the desk to help. When I asked about checkout the lady working was unsure. I was told laundry service was for long term guests only. Zero atmosphere in the hostel and almost an hour to walk to the city. Poor hostel.

Would stay there again. It's nothing special but it's just what you need for value of money. There was no issues and was nice and clean.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Location was good given we had a rented car, otherwise that would be a bit of problem.. Free Wifi in the rooms

Spot on for £12.50. Rooms are spacious and not bad furnishings, Cost £5 to get to times square for northern lights festival, cannot argue with that!

• 5th May 2014

i knew it was a little out of town but didnt realise just how far The directions on how to get here are non extinct so getting a taxi is the best bet The lady at reception told me when breakfast was, they have no maps of newcastle and when asked how to get into town it was just follow the road I found it very unclean as when i woke up in the middle of the night to find something biting me i discovered that i had bed bugs i was moved, the next day i was questioned why i had a different room.

View all Newcastle upon Tyne Hotels