Newcastle Rooms Reviews

Newcastle Rooms Limited,Benwell Lane, Benwell, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Very nice building, great location with money having been spent on the Reception area which give a very good first impression. Needs some upgrading of the accommoation area to raise from a "good" facility to a "great" one.

We made a silly mistake booking the wrong date!! But the receptionist was very helpful and arranged the night for the same room we booked for the same price. The place was quite good! Despite the terrible comments, we decided to give it a shot because it was only £14.50 per person for a double room and we made sure to book en-suite. It was a very pleasant stay, with Lidl (supermarket) only a 5-minute walk away for us to get food! FREE (simple) breakfast, spacious shower & free coffee & tea!

Staff was unfriendly. They seemed more interested on their mobile phones and computer than the guests. When I checked in the staff member just grabbed a key and showed me my room. No other information. I was only there for a night and couldn't find a shower anywhere and no one was at the desk to help. When I asked about checkout the lady working was unsure. I was told laundry service was for long term guests only. Zero atmosphere in the hostel and almost an hour to walk to the city. Poor hostel.

Would stay there again. It's nothing special but it's just what you need for value of money. There was no issues and was nice and clean.

• 27th Jun 2014