Newland Hostel Reviews

9A Hai Ba Trung, Ward 6, Da Lat, Vietnam

Location was not nearly as close to things as they said. The keep everyone in separate dorms so I barely saw others. Room had many insects including ants and beetles. Staff was very nice, offered some moonshine which was decent.

Arrived at hostel at 8.30pm, had booked it 2 nights previously online for 3 people but when we had paid for a taxi to get there they said they were full and we couldnt stay - apparently they "hadn't been taking bookings for the last month because of tet" (although it still showed as available online.) The staff members weren't apologetic that eve and were not helpful in finding us alternative accommodation. Only positive is the following day they refunded the 10% deposit I had paid!

Ok, I usually don't write additional comments, but if you are thinking of staying here Don't!!! You might be thinking to yourself, "well the reviews don't look that bad." Almost every person at the hostel durning our very long two night stay was extremely dissatisfied. I cannot even begin to explain on how many levels the two men running the hostel failed. No water, no breakfast, no regards to reservations, completely rude and unhelpful staff, rooms and wc not cleaned! Worst hostel experience!

When we arrived, we found that the hotel staff had given away our room. When we told them that we wanted to cancel our booking because Pf this, they refused to allow us the cancellation and tried to put us all in separate rooms. The staff member was not even present when we arrived and appeared to be drunk or high when he arrived.

Stayed in Dalat over Tet and it was cold! My night bus came in early from Saigon and arrived at 4:30am. Long was nice enough to wake up and let me in and give me a bed right away. He's the owner and a genuinely great guy. I'd highly recommend this place! Thanks again Long!

got there after 11pm (notified them) but no sign of the hostel or anybody being awake. scary. instead of knowing my bed, they opened all the rooms and looked in the beds if they were empty. No locks on the room doors. Wanted me to stay in the guys room, but I booked the girls room. In the middle of Karaoke street, that ends after 12 (have to be in the hostel at 11) WORST THING: THE SMELL OF THE BATHROOM, LIKE AN OPEN SEWER. changed hotel asap. BEST THING: staff was very understanding

Hostel lost our booking - they blamed hostelworld. We paid for a 6bed, but stayed in an 8bed dorm.. Didnt complain, but shouldn't have paid what we did. Bathroom was awful. Shower flooded the whole bathroom, and hot water was on and off. Cold rooms. Friendly staff.

Great location, friendly staff. The only problem is the close the doors early at night and sometimes don't open them till after 8am and it was hard to find a staff to let us out in the morning. Breakfast is fine and changes daily.

the Hostelworld reservation did not make ik through to the hostel. Due to the festival they were fully booked. The owners treid their utmost to host us but in the nend we had to find an other place.

I stayed two nights in Newland hostel and I had a grate time. Is a simple hostel but has everything, good location, parking, hot water. But above all the people that runs the place. I had a problem with my bike and the guy who runs the hostel not only recommend me where to fix it but also he took me there. Thank you one more time.

The hostel was not bad, but I think the staff writes some reviews; it is definitely not 'the best place I ever stayed'. I stayed in a 8 bed female dorm. The bathroom was in the room, but the walls were not entirely up to the ceiling, which was weird. Other than that, the staff (including the men) used our bathroom too. They walked in multiple times a day without knocking first.. a little odd.

Awesome staff! Good location. Warm, comf bed.

We had mixed feelings about our stay at new land hostel. The owners help if you need anything however they were hardly ever around. Our room was really clean, and they hung our duvets out in the day to air them. Our room had panes of glass missing from each of the windows so we were really cold during the night. The hostel itself is opposite two REALLY loud karaoke bars. There aren't many facilities in the hostel, you can't make yourself a cup of tea or whatever. Needs some improving...

My booking for a dorm was overbooked and they placed me in another room for the same price. But this room had no running water for sink, shower or toilet. It was a slight in convenience to use other people's room. When checking out at 7am there was no staff, I had to knock on their room to get my passport back

When we arrived the pay had lost our booking. I had booked two beds in the same room and they split us up. About 5 hours later when I had unpacked they said I could move beds. Atmosphere was good but they were a bit funny if you didn't take their tours. Bathroom situation is poor.

Friendly atmosphere

They need to change the sheets before each new occupant. I was there for 5 nights and i saw that this did not happen many times.

• 21st Nov 2013

Good stay at Newland, friendly staff. However, shower water was always cold and there were some holes in the window panes making our room very noisy.

I loved staying here - Peace the owner is fabulous, arranging tours - I would recommend the countryside tour, cooking class for dinner - where we went to the markets and then helped prepare the food before eating a lot! The atmosphere was great, the rooms recently decorated and with decent beds - only thing missing was consistent hot water - it's a lot colder up in the mountains so cold showers don't appeal!

Very laid back hostel. The owner loves a drink with the travellers. PEACE out