Newport International Hostel Reviews

16 Howard Street, Newport RI, USA

Felt like a bed and breakfast! Merrilee is a gracious host and really makes her guests feel at home! Loved the night walking tours. It was a great way to explore the town!

• 15th Jul 2014

Great stay at the Newport International Hostel. Merrilee did everything to make us enjoy Newport. Definitely a great hostel!!

This was my 2nd visit with Merrilee. She is wonderful and so are the accommodations she offers. I will be back at least 2 more times this summer and into the fall.

• 10th Jul 2014

Merrilee was very helpful and welcoming; lots of good advice and recommendations.Covered all the bases and more!

• 24th Jun 2014

i stayed there for 2 night, the hostel was clean, location was convenient, the runner Merrilee was quite warm hearty to guide and help guests.

• 24th May 2014
  • China

The place is very nice and Merrilee, the host, just great. She will take you for a walking tour around town. Don't miss her hints for cheap lobster places!

Our stay in this hostel was awesome. I highly recommend to stay at least 1 Night in Newport in your Way from New York to Boston.

• 2nd May 2014

Cutest hostel youll ever find, but Newport itseld probably is only an exciting place in summer... But we still had a good time there in spring and felt just like at home! To walk its 15 min from the bus station, not the closest but its ok. Also is the host Marrilee extremly helpful with really any problem!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

I really enjoyed my stay here. This isn't as large as some hostels, and for that you get a single bed, plus the use of a full kitchen and commons area. Everything was clean (bed bug covers on the bed) and in good repair for an older home. The host is very friendly and will tell you everything you need to know and even show you around the area. The location is very close to downtown so you can walk most places you need to be, even to the mansions and cliff walk.

• 13th Nov 2013

Merrilee is an amazing host. Her guest house is well run, clean, safe, and in an amazing location. She genuinely cares that you have a great time visiting Newport and I am already looking forward to booking a room to come back and visit!

• 12th Nov 2013

This is more of a guest house than a hostel. It's very clean, nice and cozy. The owner is friendly and helpful, though she can be a bit picky and in your business. Still a great place worth staying for a few nights for a budget in Newport.

Probably the smallest but also nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. Highly recommended!! Thanks to Merrilee who has been a great host!

Merrillee was very warm and welcoming and made me feel at home. She gave us a nice walking tour around town which was an a nice touch!

• 4th Oct 2013

Great location! Home-like atmosphere. No breakfast. The hostel has just gone through a renovation. Clean and comfortable. Easy to rent a bike from here.

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • China

A light self-serve breakfast is provided.

Absolutely enjoyed my stay, thanks for your wonderful service.

• 26th Sep 2013

Newport Hostel is a great place to stay. Marilee is very kind and helpful. She is always concerned if her guests are alright and if the place is clean and in order. The rooms are clean and so is the kitchen and toilets. I liked that she offered food for breakfast for free. Also, she gives very good tips on restaurants with discounts for her guests and places to see in Newport.

If you go to Newport, go to the Newport hostel, it is a wonderful place, Merrilee, the owner, is a fantastic lady and everything is simply perfect there, I have loved it a lot!

• 8th Sep 2013

I was very pleased with my stay here and enjoyed the cosy atmosphere. I wanted a quiet hostel for a change and this certainly got delivered. The owner was passionate about her local area, friendly and happy to help with any questions. The hostel is operated well and feels like a home away from home. I should have stayed longer than 2 nights to explore Newport that little bit more if I had the extra time (Was in Newport for a wedding)!

This is a great place! Clean, and the owner/hostess goes out of her way to recommend restaurants and to help you out! The location is great!

• 22nd Aug 2013

I was in room with three beds,there is a bathroom in it,but the bad part is that people from other rooms also uses it,so they need to go through the room to get to it. Also, after a little tour around the city my clothes was wet, really. And I asked if I could use the dryer, and reply was "yeah, wait, we care about energy efficiency bla bla".. I do care too, but I also care of wearing dry clothes and customer service, so the owner told me to put some money for using the dryer and fan to dry hair

At time of booking this guest was told he may be in a room with the only full bath on that floor and that other guests may need to come through this room to use the shower. There is another full bath on another floor. When this guest requested to use the dryer to dry one pair of socks, he was asked to contribute a bit of change. In an effort to keep our prices down, we never consider running the dryer with only one item in it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7