Newport International Hostel

Superb 293 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 41+
11th Nov 2016
6.9

Newport is extremely expensive and this hostel was clean, affordable and well-located. However expect meagre breakfast provisions, basic ablutions and unironed linen. Also the cost-conscious owner allows her guests to freeze rather than activating the heating. She needs to work in her 'welcome'... She seemed to be in a ridiculous hurry, rattling off instructions as if the world were about to end... And I was one of just two guests. I would hate to see what she is like when busy.

In our confirmation of this guest's booking, which she acknowledged, it stated that we keep the temperature in the hostel in the 60's this time of year. The hostel temperature reflected this during her stay. We have many extra blankets, should our guests desire them. This guest never mentioned to us that she was cold. As advertised, we offer a light breakfast. This includes cold cereal, juice, toast & jam. This guest seemed very responsive to my presentation of the comprehensive information we provide.

• USA, Male, 41+
8th Oct 2016

The host (Merrilee) was very nice personal and informative. She was everything you want in a great host. The location of the hostel was central and right in the heart of the action. I really enjoyed my short stay there. I'll have to go back when I have more time.

2nd Oct 2016

I only stayed 1 night but it seemed like a nice quaint little hostel within walking distance to everything. I was there in September so it was the off season but still plenty of things to see/do with great weather. It seem like it had more of a relaxed as opposed to party atmosphere. I left a hat that had a lot of sentimental value to me and the owner shipped it back to me. It was a very nice gesture that I really appreciated.