9.2
Superb 292 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 292 Total Reviews
Newport International Hostel Located at 16 Howard Street, , Newport RI.
USA
Newport RI Rhode Island Rhode Island/02 16 Howard Street
92% 292
41.4812386 -71.3138008
    Rooms available

11th Nov 2016
6.9

Newport is extremely expensive and this hostel was clean, affordable and well-located. However expect meagre breakfast provisions, basic ablutions and unironed linen. Also the cost-conscious owner allows her guests to freeze rather than activating the heating. She needs to work in her 'welcome'... She seemed to be in a ridiculous hurry, rattling off instructions as if the world were about to end... And I was one of just two guests. I would hate to see what she is like when busy.

In our confirmation of this guest's booking, which she acknowledged, it stated that we keep the temperature in the hostel in the 60's this time of year. The hostel temperature reflected this during her stay. We have many extra blankets, should our guests desire them. This guest never mentioned to us that she was cold. As advertised, we offer a light breakfast. This includes cold cereal, juice, toast & jam. This guest seemed very responsive to my presentation of the comprehensive information we provide.

• USA, Male, 41+
8th Oct 2016

The host (Merrilee) was very nice personal and informative. She was everything you want in a great host. The location of the hostel was central and right in the heart of the action. I really enjoyed my short stay there. I'll have to go back when I have more time.

25th Sep 2016

Merillee was a fantastic host and the place is right in the heart of newport.

14th Sep 2016

Sensational. Merrilee was the perfect host - takes interest in her guests and wants to ensure they enjoy her city. Lots of local knowledge. Guests are quartered on the 1st floor - stairs are a little steep.... just take your time.

13th Sep 2016

Merillee is a wonderful host - she is very keen for her guests to enjoy their time in Newport. She lives onsite and takes a great interest in her guests. Spotless rooms; well equipped kitchen; good wifi. Hostel is on the first floor and the stairs are a little steep. Lots of things within walking distance.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
4th Aug 2016

Great place to stay and incredibly helpful staff! Would stay again in future :)

• USA, Female, 41+
21st Jun 2016

Great location in Newport near the harbor. I was there in the shoulder season, so the cost was very reasonable. I could not have done the trip otherwise. Newport is very historic and beautiful. Merilee (the owner) gave an enjoyable evening tour of the port area which helped me get my bearings for the following few days. I had a chance to talk with people from Florida, Korea, Australia and Germany which is a great part of the hostel experience.

• USA, Female, 41+
17th Jun 2016

I am so glad that I had my first hostel experience of any kind here. I could not afford my usual newport/middletown hotel on a weekend night. I parked at this hostel for free and saved $25 during the secret garden tours. Kitchen facilities were more than adequate.