Newton Lodge Reviews

27 Cross Street, Newton, PO BOX 68571, Newton, Auckland, New Zealand

Nice clean hostel, only no window in my room.

At arrival I asked for a room with a window, because I had read a review saying the rooms are without a window. We were so lucky to have a room with a window and a fan. It was extremely hot and air was not very good. Having said that the hostel was very clean and the kitchen and shower facilities very nice. I sensed that many people lived there more permanently which could make the rooms more filled with things and clothes. The security was not very good, because no one locked the room doors

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

I keep getting ill when staying here. The lack of ventilation and people staying here long term with smelly dirty stuff means I won't stay here again. Rooms with no windows and 8 beds!!

I'm very happy with Newton:)

No nighttime staff, no bar, no alcohol allowed, no breakfast, rooms smell a bit with people staying for long periods leaving out dirty clothing. Not enough airflow, I got ill here probably from sharing air in the poorly ventilated rooms. Some nice travellers made it fun and it's cheap and cleaned daily. Bathroom and kitchen are good with tv showing good films.