Newton Lodge Reviews

27 Cross Street, Newton, PO BOX 68571, Newton, Auckland, New Zealand

Good hostel for a quick stay but way to many long termers staying there to make it a good hostel for more than that. Kitchen area got ridiculously busy at the usual dinner times, with only four hot plates and a couple of microwaves for a lot of people, no oven being a major bug bear. Generally clean and good wifi throughout but definitely not a backpacker type stay.

Really nice, very clean and the staff couldn't help enough. Nice crowd and perfect location, just outside of the main stretch and in a funky area with some great cheap food places.

Bathrooms were clean enough but kitchen and bedrooms full of bags of food all over the place. The residents watch films but leave their cups and snack packets out for staff up pick up the next day. Wierd atmosphere, said hello to every person I saw but was lucky to get a response. Really quiet hostel.

This hostel has a great location near the city center, the staff is very friendly and the facilities are very clean. There are many bathrooms, showers and sinks, I never had to wait to use anything. The kitchen is a little small though.

Very friendly staff. They gave me 15% discount for no reason. Beds are comfy but possibly a little small (I am 194cm). Two plugs per person per bed. Modern facilities (by hostel standards). Great showers. Very clean in general. Sky TV with Sports & Movies. You can stay as long as you want. Free internet Cons: TV room & kitchen are in the same room so it's ridiculously loud and you can't hear anything or anyone without shouting - so it's very hard to relax when not in you are not in your dorm

Really really nice Hostel! :) great location and very clean. I really enjoyed my time here.

There are a lot of people who live here so not so much of an opportunity to meet other people who are currently just travelling.

One of the best hostels I've lived in, it was absolutely clean. Toilets are individual not in a shared setting. Wifi was fast as well! Enjoyed my stay.

Fantastic staff, were totally cool about me wanting to change to bottom bunk. Facilities were the best I've seen in NZ, north to south. Though there are lots of long-termers, they're super friendly and welcoming. Great atmosphere. Lounge is a bit small, but that's alright. Very cool place, definitely recommend.

Hostel okay for one night, but not very nice. The 8 beds room was small and there was no window in it. Would not come back.

Great hostel. The only thing I cannot figure out is why there's only one toilet marked Ladies, two for men and two that are gender neutral. Women spend more time in the bathroom and a lot of women (including me) hate using the men's toilet when the others are occupied.

It was my first days in Auckland and it was a good election to choose this hostel. It's in a good location, in the center but not noisy. Friendly atmosphere, everything was clean and the wifi there works very good. Althought many people is living there, you can meet some travellers :).

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Spain

Free wifi was great, you can also borrow a towel, staff is nice. It's kind of far from the busstop, there are to many longterm people, no place in the fridges, kitchen is too smal. Showers were great!

The hostel was very clean and the staff were accommodating. It's not a party hostel but more of a working hostel - which is fine, because that's what I was looking for.

Very good value for money, good location, staff and other residents very friendly.

There is free wifi available!!!

Staffs r friendly. Toilets and bathrooms r very clean. You have yr won socket near yr bed. This is very thoughtful.

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Taiwan

Tony was 0 hospitality. lost an item and no one cares

Thank you for your feedback. it is really unfair to us. you came early before our reception hour, we try our best to help you, put your big luggage in our storage room and give you free wifi code and enjoy our free coffee and tea before the check in, when you check out, you didn't take your bag out from the room without our permission. we are sorry that you lost something, but if no one hand to us, it is hard for us to find it, what we can do, tell our cleaner to check it.

Nice hostel with a good vibe. The neighborhood is full of cheap and tasty Asian restaurants.

Crowded and cramped. There were also some rotting vegetables on the counter.

« first « Prev 1 2 3