Next2 Metro Reviews

Intersection of Xinyi Road and Fuxing South Road, Daan District, Taipei, Taiwan

As the name indicates, the hostel's location is extremely convenient--right beside a subway entrance in a very central part of Taipei. The hostel itself is in an older building and the facilities are quite basic, but it is clean, safe, and has dependable WIFI. The staff are kind and helpful. Good value for the price--I would stay here I again.

Steps were really kind. but room was little dirty and looks old.. Also location was bad It was close to Daan station but far from dongmen, main station. 스텝들 친절하고 좋았는데 건물 자체도 오래된데다 방도 오래된거라 그런지 벽지에 때가 많이묻어있고 공동욕실도 세개뿐... 딱 가격만큼 이였어요.. 딱히 추천하고싶지 않아요~ 돈 조금 더 주고 더 좋은곳으로 가는거 추천....

We are a hostel running for 5 years already, therefore we must admit that we are not brand new and looks old. Renewing facilities is on our priority list, and we will gradually renew our furnitures and stuff time by time, hope can give you a better experience of stay in future. It's pity that seems like you didn't enjoy our advantage of being at the city centre, and we feel sorry if our staff did not notice your need to go to destinations like dongmen and main station and give you a detailed explanation of exploring Taipei timely. We are not sure if you have taken other means of transportation, in fact we are very close to Dongmen and Main Station. We are 2 stops from Dongmen (3 mins) and 5 stops from Taipei Main Station (10 mins) only by taking the metro, which the metro is just 1 min from our place. Thank you for your advice, and we will try to improve our cleanliness and facilities in future.

8-bed room has poor ventilation

Thank you for your advice, and we will improve the ventilation in the 8 ppl dorm accordingly. During year-end, the 8 ppl dorm is almost full everyday and therefore the ventilation is not as good as usual. By the way, you could always open the air-conditioner/window if you feel the ventilation is poor. The air-conditioner is not central-operated and every guest is welcomed to open the air-conditioner whenever necessary.

The hostel was good, the staff were very friendly and helpful and I loved that they would try to explain Taiwanese customs when I asked. I would recommend mosquito lights to try to get rid of that problem. I got bitten a ton by them

• 19th Dec 2015

The hostel is in an excellent location. The staff is really friendly and helpful. Although it's not the coziest place I've stayed, I definitely think it's a great value. If you're a budget traveler, i'd definitely recommend staying in this hostel.

The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. I love that they are there most of the time so they can answer any questions or help out. The bathrooms were clean (I only used the 2nd floor one though, but I assume the 1st floor is the same). It was nice having use of a washer and dryer, since we were traveling for over a week. The location is just a little over a block away from the Dongmen station, and upstairs from a 7-11, so it's super convenient.

Near to metro station. Cleanliness to be improved. Toilet and shower room might not enough.

This hostel is a bargain. Really clean with a free breakfast and free coffee / tea when ever you feel like it. Comfortable beds and good location right next to a metro station ( go figure ). Really easy to find too if you just bother to look at the map they sent you. Perfect place to rest the night after exploring Taipei.

Everything all good. Free towel and abundant outlet. Except the temperature outside the rooms is quite heat. Highly recommend for the location near massive transport MRT. And btw, nice staffs!

• 7th Oct 2015