Next2 Metro Reviews

Intersection of Xinyi Road and Fuxing South Road, Daan District, Taipei, Taiwan

The location is excellent. Very close to the metro and very central. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, when I needed to see a doctor in the evening they seemed genuinely concerned with my welfare. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who asks.

• 31st May 2015
  • South Africa

The hostel address listed down on the website is incomplete, making it difficult to locate the place.

• 26th May 2015
  • Singapore

Hey hey , I will say some of the advantages first then bad things .first many thanks for friendly staff Mars and queen so friendly . Location perfect just down of 7-11 - metro -coffee shop . Disadvantages , they didn't write on hostel world the address i was walking all the street after arriving from travel more than 10 hours on boat & train i was looking for the hostel all the way on the main road . The hostel is not really fancy just normal classic hostel.

Great location, cozy atmosphere, really friendly and warm staff, and a fantastic value for your money. I definitely plan on staying here again, had a great time

• 3rd May 2015

Pro: Right next to the MRT station which is very convenient. Staff are friendly and helpful, good wifi connection, the bathroom/shower are in good condition. Con: I couldn't think of any. Highly recommended it, good value

Great place to stay with most people able to speak English. Great staff! Thanks Queenie, Willie and Hailey!

• 14th Apr 2015
  • wongj02

Very nice and clean hostel. Friendly staff and great location next to daan station. My New favourite in Taipei!

Pros: Staff has good intentions, water+tea provided, clean facilities Cons: Staff is not very professional (lots of miscommunication, we wanted to extend a night, they said they were occupied, than told us in the evening that they thought we were staying one more night because they changed it post-discussion, not very well communicated), beds are not really comfortable, our room was without windows and smelled stale, bathroom and showers are quite uncomfortable

Sorry for making you confused.. Our room is occupied on that day, but since we wanna provide the greatest convenience to you, while the booking on that day is made by our old friend, we therefore could make the room available for you after having the consent of our old friend for switching. Since you went out in the morning, we were not able to tell you that we can make the room for you successfully until you come back. Sorry again for the miscommunication.

The staff here is very friendly and knowledgeable about the city and tourism. From recommending foods to try and places to eat that a tourist would have no idea. It's a nice small quiet hostel very close to transportation and all types of foods surrounding. It's on a main street that's full of light, so safety was good.

Great location, just few steps away from Daan station. Friendly and helpful staff. Bed is comfortable, bathroom and toilet is clean.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

I saw a used condom under my bed...

We are really sorry about what you saw. And would like to apologized. We know it is too late to say it, but we would like to suggest that please tell the staff when you see something bad, we will definitely clean again, and refund the rate of that day. It will be better that we can do some reimbursement for you. Again, we apologized for it, and will improve our cleaning. Thank you very much for your feedback.

quite convenient location, close to a metro station. also the staffs are nice, and the fee is quite reasonable. you should try staying there once!

Considering the location and price,it is the best hostel of Taipei.The staff is awesome.Since the hostel is a converted flat and staff wears pyjama^^,it feels like home with a big family.The often returning and longterm guests are clear indicator of great hospitality.If you are one of those superficial,materialistic luxuary traveler with an expectation of a 5stars hotel but a backpacker budget,then you are wrong.Those people dragged down the rating.Perfect for open,down-to-earth backpackers.

The bathroom and shower room are very clean. though the room is small, it's good value considering the price. Staff are very helpful and friendly.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • China

Staff were very helpful helping planning daily trips and giving advice. The location is perfect right next to Daan subway station, and very convenient. Only downfall was the room right next to the lounge was a bit noisy sometimes as people were returning at night.

Queenie was super helpful with suggestions on where to visit and what to do! She also was there when I left super early in the morning to take a taxi to the airport. The hostel itself was clean with all the necessities. I would definitely recommend it!

Great staffs which provided detail explanation on places to go and must-eat. Low cost and located at at the intersection of two MRT lines which provided much convenience, 30 min walk away from the MRT.

Thanks for your appreciation~by the way we're 30 "seconds" from the MRT haha XD

It was best hostel I've ever stayed. All staff has hospitality, very comfortable to stay. Has laundry machine, security locker, self service drinks and breakfast. Some comment to double bunk beds: sometime gride noisy. Had better install small light on each bed so that we can put off ceiling light at night for others who want to sleep earlier.

The staff is delightful, the place is quaint and cozy (perhaps a little too small if you're not use to asia). Close to the MRT and some lovely restaurants

Friendly hostel, staff were helpful but felt very confused as I met a guy in my dorm who I got chatting to and helped me with my travels etc but never really told me that he worked there - would have much nicer if he had introduced himself as working in the hostel, as didn't want to assume. The beds are a little squeaky and I wouldn't mind some luggage storage next to my bed or under, but the room was otherwise nice. The bathrooms were quite basic but fine. This is a no frills hostel, but nice.