Nice Way Sintra Palace Reviews

Rua Sotto Mayor, 22, Sintra, Portugal

I definitely would recommend this hostel to others. It is 15 min walk from the sintra train station, not that easy to find, however if you have GPS or print out of the map, that would be perfect, as most of the locals don't speak Portuguese. The staff were good and were able to speak in English. The environment was good, had a garden which is nice and clean, although small. They had a small bar in the garden and the prices were ok. wifi was good and free breakfast as well, which was ok.

Average hostel for the price. Dorm a little overpriced with uncomfortable beds. Correct breakfast, friendly staff, good location. Dodgy WiFi.

Very homely place. Friendly staff. Great ambience.

Best hostel in Portugal!

Had a bit of fun here. Only stayed overnight, but met a few cool travellers. Good facilities, an the 10 bed room size was exceptional. Only downside was the abundance of children around the day I was there. Bit of a mood killer, but quieted down towards the night.

All was great except one night there was a party for the hostel owners and the people staying at the hostel were a little put out and couldn't really use the garden since it was full of people and festivities.

I think the pricing for the dorm I booked was on the high side, the breakfast was OK but not great, though the brewed coffee was good. The supermarkets are back where the train station is (at the bottom of the hill). Instead of walking downhill again to buy food provisions after trudging at least 30 mins uphill with all my luggage, I just decided to join in the daily evening barbeque....which was a good deal at EUR10. Most guests were caught in the same situation and also joined in the BBQ.

Adorable hostel!!! I loved the way it was decorated, the homey atmosphere, and the lovely backyard. The room was comfortable and we had a great view of the mountains and castle from our window. Free breakfast is always a plus. It was pretty easy to walk everywhere we wanted to go in Sintra (except the palace that's wayyyy up the mountain). Would definitely stay here if I was in Sintra again.

Beautiful outside area, spacious and clean dorm, friendly and helpful staff.

Loved this quaint little hostel! We stayed in the double private room with ensuite and it felt like a room at a B&B. It's a little bit of a hike from the bus/train station in Sintra, but once you get there, it's a great location to be close to restaurants downtown as well as the bus that goes up to the Pena Palace and Moorish Ruins. Staff is great and great atmosphere!

such a cute hostel, I keep recommending it (and Sintra), to everyone I meet. :D :)

It truly was a home away from home. Every staff member was respectful, friendly and warm. Was able to have some quiet time in the day to myself mixed with some lovely chats amongst the guests and staff by night. As a relatively older traveller, I felt like I was in the perfect spot to explore and relax.

• 16th Jun 2015

Sintra Palace Hostel was the perfect place to chill out in - the garden is beautiful(I did spend a lot of time in garden), the staff is very nice and helpful, the breakfast is good and location gives you you the possibility to walk all the Sintra roads instead of taking a ride. The only thing I did not particularly liked was the bathroom - the sink, toilets and showers (one of which was out of order) were all in one room which was not that comfortable.

Really nice staff, very responsive, and great breakfast, with nice strong coffee.

People are amazing and the whole property is gorgeous! Easy to spend a few days here.

There was some trouble with the oven but apart from that everything was great.

Theperfect hostel for me. Great staff, great facilities, good company, nice grounds and house. Just what I like in hostel travel.

A very comfortable and relaxing place with all facilities a traveller needs.

Nice way palace is such a special hostel-the backyard is amazing, and the house is super funky. The best is the staff-I absolutely loved all of them! Be prepared to walk up some hills to get places, but that's part of the Sintra experience. For an intimate hostel I ABSOLUTELY recommend this one.

Nice Way is a beautiful hostel in a magical location of Sintra, Portugal. The staff is very helpful and friendly! But technically I ever actually stayed there. I booked a room and arrived much later then I thought 1:30am or so only to find the hostel locked and no one around to let me in! I was lucky enough to know someone staying nearby and slept in that hostel that night and returned the next day. So I think if you're going to arrive after 12 you should let the hostel know ahead of time.