Nick's Homestay Reviews

Jl. Hanoman No. 57, Ubud, Indonesia

I can't recommend it more. I stay at nicks homestay time I go bali so much so that the staff knows me by name. I'm an art lover n I can live happily in ubud forever. From nick homestay mas is not far so you can bike there to check out wood carvings. Walking distance to all prominent museum. And ubud n nick homestay is beautiful! flowers peep out from every corner n birds sing! It's never dull even at night I play with their dogs. They have 3 dogs. Neighbour dog also super cute.

Fantastic service - staff was extremely helpful booking excursions and always went out of their way for us. The homestay family compound was beautiful with tropical plants and well maintained grounds. Loved having tea and breakfast on our own porch every morning.

• 30th Sep 2015

Lovely room (the upgraded version). Breakfast was OK (but always the same even though it said it would be different). Great atmosphere living in a homestay however the staff were not always very friendly or helpful. At times appeared quite grumpy, especially compared with other hostels we stayed in.

very noisy in the morning - from 5am both from the family and the pet birds. Nice room and breakfast included but we moved after two nights to somewhere cheaper but similar

I have stayed a couple of nights in Nicks Homestay. Its was a very good stay. The rooms are big and very clean. Dont forget to ask to turn on the heater for the shower :-). Every day a fresh flask of tea is served in front of your room. The free breakfast is simpel but its good and it is also served at your room. The location is good with in short walk you are downtown. It was a very good stay. If I every come back to Ubud I will stay in Nicks Homestay.

The room was not as advertised. The bathroom is filthy as was the bed. There was also no hot water for the shower contrary to what was advertised. When we ask the staff for a different room, they tried to be accommodating and put another one of Nick's properties. However the other property was too far from the location we wanted. We found an amazing place just down the street for the same price. Nick's refused to provide us any sort of refund. We would not recommend to anybody.

Good place and good location. I would have paid more for air if they had it. Owners are friendly. Grocery, yoga studios and restaurants, all close by.

Stayed at Nick's for a couple of nights. Had a fantastic stay here. They upgraded us to a deluxe room at no extra charge when we got there. Will recommend this place to anyone looking to have a quite and relaxing stay at Ubud.

I really love this guesthouse, espcial the quite atmosphere. I hope I can build my house like this. The staffs are also very nice

Breakfast was good. The pool was lovely, just a little bit of a jaunt.

The staff are very friendly and attentive. They'll happily organise anything you ask. Room was great. Lots of space, a nice area to sit and a little table and stool to write at, or just dump stuff. The fans are all you need as it's nice and cool at night. After our first stay we came back on our way through Ubud, so I guess that says it all really. Would definitely recommend. It's back from the road as well, meaning it's nice and quiet and the garden is lovely.

• 11th Jan 2015

Nice cheap traditionel homestay im the heard of ubud. The smell of the bed-linen wasn't fresh and we had some roach in the bed.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Our room was nice but we noticed that there was only a screen and no actual glass on the windows. You can literally hear EVERYHING. We could hear conversations the people in the room next to us we're having. There were several birds in cages and the noises they made were horrible - screeching at all hours of the night. Woke us up several times each night. When we tried to pay the credit card machine didn't work so we had to scrounge up our cash. Breakfast was good though.

The bathroom was dirty! But all in all it was ok.

Great place, good value! The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were simple, but I don't think you need anything more fancy. Highly recommended.

• 20th Aug 2014

The staff were extremely kind and helpful. Beautiful and authentic atmosphere. Good location. I highly recommend staying here.

The perfect place to live the indonesian culture. You feel like the only guest of an indonesian family because they try to suit your needs all the time.

Nice homestay!!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Wonderful setting inside a typical local Hindu courtyard house complex. Well run place. Only negative was slight odour from the bathroom drains. No aircon, but fan was good enough anyway.

Friendly staff, The bed was good, But our bathroom smelled like sh*t during the whole stay and if we want out without closing the door to the bathroom the whole room smelled disgusting when we came back Nice location though and fine value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7