Nick's Homestay Reviews

Jl. Hanoman No. 57, Ubud, Indonesia

I have stayed a couple of nights in Nicks Homestay. Its was a very good stay. The rooms are big and very clean. Dont forget to ask to turn on the heater for the shower :-). Every day a fresh flask of tea is served in front of your room. The free breakfast is simpel but its good and it is also served at your room. The location is good with in short walk you are downtown. It was a very good stay. If I every come back to Ubud I will stay in Nicks Homestay.

The room was not as advertised. The bathroom is filthy as was the bed. There was also no hot water for the shower contrary to what was advertised. When we ask the staff for a different room, they tried to be accommodating and put another one of Nick's properties. However the other property was too far from the location we wanted. We found an amazing place just down the street for the same price. Nick's refused to provide us any sort of refund. We would not recommend to anybody.

Good place and good location. I would have paid more for air if they had it. Owners are friendly. Grocery, yoga studios and restaurants, all close by.

Stayed at Nick's for a couple of nights. Had a fantastic stay here. They upgraded us to a deluxe room at no extra charge when we got there. Will recommend this place to anyone looking to have a quite and relaxing stay at Ubud.

I really love this guesthouse, espcial the quite atmosphere. I hope I can build my house like this. The staffs are also very nice

Breakfast was good. The pool was lovely, just a little bit of a jaunt.

The staff are very friendly and attentive. They'll happily organise anything you ask. Room was great. Lots of space, a nice area to sit and a little table and stool to write at, or just dump stuff. The fans are all you need as it's nice and cool at night. After our first stay we came back on our way through Ubud, so I guess that says it all really. Would definitely recommend. It's back from the road as well, meaning it's nice and quiet and the garden is lovely.

• 11th Jan 2015

Nice cheap traditionel homestay im the heard of ubud. The smell of the bed-linen wasn't fresh and we had some roach in the bed.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Our room was nice but we noticed that there was only a screen and no actual glass on the windows. You can literally hear EVERYHING. We could hear conversations the people in the room next to us we're having. There were several birds in cages and the noises they made were horrible - screeching at all hours of the night. Woke us up several times each night. When we tried to pay the credit card machine didn't work so we had to scrounge up our cash. Breakfast was good though.

The bathroom was dirty! But all in all it was ok.

Great place, good value! The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were simple, but I don't think you need anything more fancy. Highly recommended.

• 20th Aug 2014

The staff were extremely kind and helpful. Beautiful and authentic atmosphere. Good location. I highly recommend staying here.

The perfect place to live the indonesian culture. You feel like the only guest of an indonesian family because they try to suit your needs all the time.

Nice homestay!!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Wonderful setting inside a typical local Hindu courtyard house complex. Well run place. Only negative was slight odour from the bathroom drains. No aircon, but fan was good enough anyway.

Friendly staff, The bed was good, But our bathroom smelled like sh*t during the whole stay and if we want out without closing the door to the bathroom the whole room smelled disgusting when we came back Nice location though and fine value for money.

Atmosphere outside of our room was lovely. Staff was nice. Windows to room had no mosquito nets (I am severely allergic) and we had to keep all windows closed. Room came with windows open so I still got bit. Bathroom, en suite to room, had no ventilation at all. Room had moldy smell during the entire stay because of the bathroom, and we opted to not shower during our stay because the bathroom stank so badly. We did not even want to use the toilet in fear of opening the bathroom door.

Great place! Traditional compound, with other families living around you. Breakfast great, wifi OK (not that strong), staff so helpful and really sweet. Cockerels a nuisance crowing at 5am but hey, it's Indonesia! Pebbles on the shower floor look nice but very uncomfortable to stand on and a bit smelly. Spotlessly clean elsewhere, room serviced daily. Much better than the previous reviews had lead me to believe. Great location off a Main Street but quiet. Close to supermarket. Would recommend.

Really nice and clean at hostel price- nicer than the pictures!

Staff very welcoming and enjoyed some local food with one family which made are stay, rooms are large and located within walking distance to most things. Breakfast was great and enjoyed on the little balcony. Quiet and relaxing, would highly reccomend if looking for an affordable get away :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7