Nid's Bungalows

8.4
Fabulous 217 Total Reviews

• England, Couple, 18-24
12th Feb 2017

Nids bungalows was an amazing place to stay. We stayed there for 2 nights and felt very happy and comfortable there. One thing that I really liked was how they were able to organise a lot of our travel for us, we went the night of the full moon and within 5 minutes of being there they had organised a cab and a boat for us to get to the party that night and got us return tickets for the early hours of the morning. Lots of friendly animals there which gave the place character. Also a good bar.

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
9th Feb 2017

Awesome place, stayed in the dorm room and there was masses of space The price of a hostel but hotel service as all the beds were made daily and fresh towels Recommend to anyone and will be going back myself Only slight negative is it's tucked away up a road and a little tricky to find but that's being very picky

• England, Female, 41+
27th Jan 2017

If you are an animal lover it will be great for you. Lots of animals. We found it very noisy at night because the property backs onto the night life area which gets going after 9pm until the early hours

• Canada, Female, 25-30
23rd Jan 2017

Nice bungalows and very helpful staff!

• England, Couple, 18-24
19th Jan 2017
6.9

Everyone was lovely and friendly at Nids place. There was so many cats and dogs which is lovely as my boyfriend and I are keen animal lovers. However, having so many cats and dogs mean there is a lot of poop. We didn't see any but could smell it which wasn't great. Overall , I would recommend staying here for no longer that 2/3 days. :)

We would like to thank our Anonymous English Guests for posting their review. Yes, as we indicate on our website, there are many different animals that are fortunate to have a home at Nid’s Bungalows. And yes, like humans, all animals have to poop – this is the price you pay for the joy of having them around. Genuine animal lovers would accept this without finding the need to comment on the smell, as have these “keen animal lovers”. We would like to ask our Anonymous English Guests why they would recommend staying at Nid’s Bungalows for no longer than 2/3 days, with no reasons whatsoever given to support this. Perhaps our Anonymous English Guests should have compared notes with some of our longer term guests who, in many cases, have extended their stay for several weeks, or even months, on account of the convenient but quiet location, swimming pool, restaurant and other facilities and, yes, the animals! On returning home to the misery of an English winter, our Anonymous English Guests may well find themselves longing to return to the tropical island climate at Nid’s Bungalows for a period much longer than 2/3 days, in spite of the animal poop! Manager, Nid’s Bungalows

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
11th Jan 2017

So many cute animals running around. Staff are amazing and can't do enough to help you. Beds were bigger than usual, really clean and well looked after rooms. Private rooms also available

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
30th Dec 2016
7.1

We stayed in three rooms here, all were basic and but had everything you need! upgraded room was miles nicer. Theres bike hire, laundry, restaurant, relatively well speaking english staff, owner is australian; all very friendly. BUT this place is brutally overpriced and therefore in my opinion terrible value for money. Stayed in much nicer for half the price. Also this place is homed to about 70 animals, nid's barnyard is a more appropriate name. It gets v noicy. The atmosphere is lovely tho!

• Argentina, Male, 31-40
25th Dec 2016
7.7

I got what I paid for. The staff were really friendly, there is a nice swimming pool, the wifi was ok, the location is fine, etc. There was only 1 thing I didn't like, and it happened when I was to leave. I asked to the girl in the front desk to get me a taxi to airport and she told me it was going to be 400 baht. I was surprised because even at the airport the taxis were cheaper than that... but I finally took the taxi and when I wanted to pay to the driver he told me I had to pay to the hotel.

24th Nov 2016
8.0

Really enjoyed our stay at Nids Bungalows. Location was great, a little walk off the road but 15 minutes to the beach. Allan was very helpful and friendly. One thing worth mentioning is that it can be quite noisy at night on account of the dogs and cats but what can you do, plus they are lovely to have around :) Very secure place with a double lock door and a safe in the room. Really comfortable bed with actual duvet and clean sheets! Would definitely stay again and recommend!

21st Nov 2016

Really enjoyed my stay here. Please don't listen to other reviews saying the staff aren't helpful, I found them more than happy to help out and helped us explore the island. The room was great, the pool well maintained, lots of animals around to play with and chaweng beach and the markets are a short walk away. Can't fault this place at all. Great hostel and cheap! Also 100 baht for a massive breakfast?! Stay here, highly recommend.