Nid's Bungalows Reviews

Soi Poolsawad, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Koh Samui, Thailand

I wouldn't recommend this hostel since the location is further from chaweng beach where everyone goes. At night you have to walk down this dark dirt road by the lake to get to the beach area. The room was clean, but I was awoken at 6am by a rooster. There are animals everywhere and it feels like a farm. I stayed for one night and it was fine until I was able to find a hotel by the beach. The staff was nice and helpful.

And we wouldn’t recommend this reviewer either, presuming everyone goes to the beach – they don’t! And, if they wish to, it’s only a 10min walk from Nid's Bungalows. Most love our central Chaweng location, large outdoor pool, and prefer to be lakeside with the island mountains as a backdrop. If this woman only wanted the beach, she could have slept with the dogs on the beach for free, or paid a premium and booked a hotel by the beach in the first place.

Perfect, just at airco and it would be amazing .

I got 5000 baht stolen from me here. We had our wallets in the safety deposit the whole time. The morning we checked out I got 100 out for breakfast and forgot to lock the safe.... We padlocked our room the whole time we stayed there, but because it was only for an half an hour we just locked it with our normal key. I write down my money every night, and the moment we got on the mini bus I checked it again and there was 5000 gone. Very fuckt for my last days in Thailand.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Why did it take 24 hrs, since check-out, to lay this accusation? The fact the security safe was not locked indicates this guest is careless with her valuables and, most likely, the alleged loss occurred during the 24 hrs following check-out from Nid’s Bungalows. We don’t have a problem with our staff, and do not appreciate unproven allegations of theft against them. However, it is clear this woman has a problem with her own personal security, for which Nid’s Bungalows is not responsible.

This was a nice hostel and very clean. Reminds me of a small farm. Lots of chickens, cats and dogs. We didn't like the location. It's next to a lake which is beautiful but for a female scary at night as it's down a dark dirt road.

• 15th Jun 2015

I was shocked at the gross animal cruelty on show here. They had a concrete fish tank that contained 2 very large fish which had no more than 6 inches left space left from the either wall when they turned. Because they are in such a confined space they just continually turn and turn. They are unable to swim in a forward direction. I would love to ask the owners how they would feel being confined to such a small space for the rest of their lives. The staff were also very unfriendly.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Before making ignorant and emotional criticism like this, our guest would have been well advised to first educate himself on the characteristics of this particular fish species. And, had our guest opened his eyes during his stay with us, he would have observed the care Nid extends to all the animals at Nids Bungalows. We are sorry this guest did not direct any concerns or questions he may have had to us during his stay, rather than using this forum, after checking-out, to display his ignorance.

Nids Bungalow has a good vibe. The owners family lives on site. The owners also like there animals as well; there is a easily 15-20 cats, a few dogs, roosters, 2 large dinosaur like freshwater fish, and a bunch more I have heard but not seen. Nids is an easy place to stay for a few days. So easy, I extended my stay from a week to 11 days.

Really comfy bunk beds in the dorm rooms, very clean! Pool was fantastic and the breakfast was too! About a 20 minutes walk from the mane bars but there's bars around that arnt amazing though. Overall a really nice stay

Pets looked a bit ruff, asked for a poached egg with toast and got raw boiled eggs and told it was her first time making them, should leave the cooking to the cook next time, also when I did get the cook I asked for something off the menu but got told to pick something from the breakfast menu as she was to busy. I liked the swimming pool and location.

View all Koh Samui Bed and Breakfasts