Nid's Bungalows Reviews

Soi Poolsawad, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Koh Samui, Thailand

Nids Bungalow has a good vibe. The owners family lives on site. The owners also like there animals as well; there is a easily 15-20 cats, a few dogs, roosters, 2 large dinosaur like freshwater fish, and a bunch more I have heard but not seen. Nids is an easy place to stay for a few days. So easy, I extended my stay from a week to 11 days.

Really comfy bunk beds in the dorm rooms, very clean! Pool was fantastic and the breakfast was too! About a 20 minutes walk from the mane bars but there's bars around that arnt amazing though. Overall a really nice stay

Pets looked a bit ruff, asked for a poached egg with toast and got raw boiled eggs and told it was her first time making them, should leave the cooking to the cook next time, also when I did get the cook I asked for something off the menu but got told to pick something from the breakfast menu as she was to busy. I liked the swimming pool and location.

I am really enjoying my stay at this hostel. This is likely my last night here, and I will be sad to go. The staff is warm and welcoming and works hard to keep the place clean. This is perhaps the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. The rooms are cleaned daily, and they even change the bedsheets and provide a fresh towel on a daily basis. The wifi is reliable, breakfast is delicious, and the pool and surrounding environment is fantastic. I would highly recommend!

The walk to the beach is closer to 10 minutes... Maybe a little less. Some of the areas on the path to the location are not well lit. I literally turned on my cell phone light while walking late at night.

A great hostel, the dorm room was brilliant with everyone having their own fan and curtain for their bed. Also one of the few places in Thailand where they are taking care of their animals of all types and Alan one of the owners is an absolute legend!

Great place, very cozy. Staff are very nice and helpful. Though seems more like a resort than a backpacker hostel and a bit of a walk to beach and party streets, on the other hand, it isn't noisy, so you sleep in peace

Staff were lovely, but sometimes were hard to get hold of. A bit out of the way, 10/15 mins walk to the strip/beach.

Security good because all 10 of the dogs would bark when you walked up the drive regardless of the time. Located down a very poorly maintain road littered with pot holes. Noisy at night because of local bars and just as bad in the morning because of the roosters and builders banging away on site. If you like animals, no sleep and living in a wooden shack this is ideal for you. We didn't want the room cleaned because we didn't feel comfortable with the staff but the owner mentioned this daily!

Nids bungalows should be renamed zoo hostel, so many cool animals there! Clean room everyday and good value for money. It was a bit of a walk to the main Chaweng stretch but good to be slightly away from all the noise. The staff were friendly with good breakfast and swimming pool, was almost empty when I stayed but can imagine there is good vibes in the busier months. Thanks Nid!

View all Koh Samui Bed and Breakfasts