Nightingale Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

8, Budapeshta Str, Sofia, Bulgaria

The hostel has a perfect location and good prices, but I decided to book a room there only because, they were the only which offered free parking and free breakfast. However, when I got there I realized the breakfast sucks and there's no parking whatsoever. Plus, the rooms are nothing special. Big deception!

• 28th Sep 2015

ok for a one night stay. wifi good. manager is nice.

Great location, we felt very welcomed by Mark!

The atmosphere of the place was great, everything was syper clean, they hot and clean showers, nice breakfast and a cozy common area. And besides all of this Marc, the owner, was a very nice person and very useful when it comes to asking him for some information. It was one of the best hostels I've been. Super recommended!

Really cool vibe in this place. The large dorm is actually in the attic with cool beds made of packing pallets (only on bunk, the rest are just single beds). Decent breakfast, obliging host, and great price though the kitchen is quite small given that it is the only place you are allowed to eat food.

Perfectly average hostel nearby the beautiful city centre. The owner is really cool guy and very helpful. If I had to say something bad: there was no bulgarian yogurt at breakfast and the pressure of the shower was weak.

The reception at the hostel when we arrived was poor in the way he did not tell us anything abaout information regarding the interesting points and also the falicities (Where they are, how to use...). We did not feel comfortable and welcomed.

when i stayed in this hostel last year, there was a lot of building work going on. They were installing new showers, extra toilets and new beds. im pleased to report that now all the building work has finished, it is excellent with everything new and clean. mark, the manager, an history expert, still up to date with all to know on sofia. mark, works for free as a volunteer but he's very helpful. he even told me about a guy who dug up a bag of 2000 silver coins from the 1st century

I took a private room with a bathroom cause I wanted to a little bit alone. When I arrived the men had no idea about my reservation, the room was not ready (it was 10.00pm). The room was quiet ugly, with hole and dead mosquitos on the wall, the balcony was nice and unfortunately my room was next door to the shared toilets so lot of movement during the night. The kitchen was nice and the man thought 22€ was too much so I payed a little bit less. Maybe it's more friendly when you're in a dorm

The lower floor of the place is just perfect!!!!! The upper floor with the 16 beds I would only recommend you if you like shabby atmosphere ;)

• 31st Aug 2015

staff isvery friendly and helpful, hostel is clean and cozy, really enjoyed staying here!

Awesome hostel would definitely recommend very helpful staff and the place is very clean :)

Hey my friend,thanks for your nice review.It was a big pleasure for me to had you here.Wish you all the best for your further journey.Maybe meet you again one day.Thanks again,Marc

Look, people seem to love or hate this place. It looks shabby, but I think it's supposed to... Seems to be embracing a grungy old hippy vibe. This would probably make more sense if the price matched. If u were paying less u would probably think this place was pretty cool. I would stay agian... If I couldn't find somewhere comparable for less. The place is ok and in a good location.

Marc rocks! Super helpful, always there with a smile, keeping the place nice and tidy, lovely common area, funny notes on the walls, all so true.

Thanks dearest friends for your good review.Was a pleasure to host you in our place.Hope you have a good journey where ever you are now.All the best.Marc

Even though we came at 3:00 am, we woke him up and he helped us. Good place. It has a good location.

Great overall hostel Helpful staff (Mark) Great variety of tea choices and coffee all day long

Fantastic location near all the good stuff and the train station. Very good value for money and the staff were happy to help. I would happily go back!

Really friendly run and a great place to stay and explore sofia from

We stayed here on the advice of the previous reviews - very disappointing. The staff were not helpful like other reviews said. The room was incredibly HOT. Only one window opened and not fan or aircon. The staff insisted on loud music right outside the bedroom door all night. Showers are dirty. People sleep in the common room so cannot be used. The beds in the dorms are right next to each other -you end up sleeping VERY close like a double bed with a stranger. Got no key to enter the door either

This was one of the best hostels I stayed at during my trip in Bulgaria. Mark is incredibly helpful and kind, the place is clean and the atmosphere is really good. It's also very cozy, I was sleeping in the 16 beds dorm and it was surprisingly large, comfortable, (relatively) cool and secure for such a big dorm. It could be a little closer to the main street but it's only 5 minutes away so it's not really a reason for complaints.