Nightingale Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

8, Budapeshta Str, Sofia, Bulgaria

Awesome hostel would definitely recommend very helpful staff and the place is very clean :)

Marc rocks! Super helpful, always there with a smile, keeping the place nice and tidy, lovely common area, funny notes on the walls, all so true.

Even though we came at 3:00 am, we woke him up and he helped us. Good place. It has a good location.

Great overall hostel Helpful staff (Mark) Great variety of tea choices and coffee all day long

Fantastic location near all the good stuff and the train station. Very good value for money and the staff were happy to help. I would happily go back!

Really friendly run and a great place to stay and explore sofia from

We stayed here on the advice of the previous reviews - very disappointing. The staff were not helpful like other reviews said. The room was incredibly HOT. Only one window opened and not fan or aircon. The staff insisted on loud music right outside the bedroom door all night. Showers are dirty. People sleep in the common room so cannot be used. The beds in the dorms are right next to each other -you end up sleeping VERY close like a double bed with a stranger. Got no key to enter the door either

This was one of the best hostels I stayed at during my trip in Bulgaria. Mark is incredibly helpful and kind, the place is clean and the atmosphere is really good. It's also very cozy, I was sleeping in the 16 beds dorm and it was surprisingly large, comfortable, (relatively) cool and secure for such a big dorm. It could be a little closer to the main street but it's only 5 minutes away so it's not really a reason for complaints.

Then it was very helpful and there was a lot of information, directions and assistance provided not only when we arrived but also while we were staying at Nightingale Hostel. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying Sofia. I even learned a bit of the Cyrillic alphabet with Mihail's help!

It was a great time. Two really fun guys, and the location is excellent. I met some amazing friends here. I highly recommend for anyone traveling alone, you weren't forget your nights at the Nightingale :)

Fantastic Hostel! I recomend staying here if you are going to Sofia!! It's in a great location, in a brilliant building! The staff are super friendly, always happy to help. Really enjoyed Sofia, really enjoyed the hostel!! Great place! Thanks guys!

I've stayed in a private room. Initially booked 2 nights, stayed 4 and would have stayed more if I could. Marc is really kind and helpful. Thanks

Good hostel, great staff!

A place to stay in the middle of Sofia. Good value for money and nice and helpful staff. Would definitely stay again!

Great showers/facilities in general and a really cool place in general, security could've been better though.

The guy that works there is the rudest person i've met. We arrived early so we could'nt do the check in but the guy didn't let us stay in the common area and kicked us out while it was raining. When i had to pay something extra i asked to talk with the owner and he made a hughe scene because of that, then he had another guest asking me about the money. The hole situation was very weird. It was very unpleasent to be there, although the facilities and the location were ok.

The clerk guy marc is a maniac and will insult or treat badly visitors that he deems unfit.

What a shocking place this is. We booked a double room through Hostel world, and when we turned up we were told we had to sleep in a dorm room. The place was very dirty, not maintained, very loud by the road, not enough keys for the front door, hard beds and smoke smelling rooms.

• 15th Jun 2015

This place is great, the wifi is good, showers are ok, basic breakfast. Is in a great location, and Mark is one of the most helpful and hard workinbg individuals i have ever seen in a hostel. he is so kind, helpful and will do anything for you, anytime. Thanks for a great stay at Nightingale!

This hostel is in the heart of Sofia, with 2 garden restaurants right next door, so for cheap awesome food and getting to whereever you want in the city, this is the perfect spot. Nightingale has both private rooms and dormitories, a good-sized kitchen, a pleasant common area, and newly redone bathrooms. The best part about Nightingale is the very friendly, helpful staff, especially Marc, who speaks English, French, and German (& maybe more) and was always around and ready to improve my stay.