Nightingale Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

8, Budapeshta Str, Sofia, Bulgaria

this is my 2nd stay at this hostel. it's run by mark, a great guy. he's helpful and has everything in the hostel organised. if you want to start up a new hostel, go and stay in this hostel first. you will learn the best way to do things. the showers and toilets are spotless here. electric heaters on full blast keep the rooms lovely and warm. the hostel has bars, clubs and shops all around it. i rate this hostel 100% thanks mark for a great stay - you are the man !

Don't stay here. The staff was so rude and puts up passive aggressive handwritten signs in ever corner of the hostel. Our stay was bad enough without being treated horribly by the man at reception. The bedding is scratchy

Excellent one-week stay. The hostel is clean, secure, perfectly located in the very center of the city, and with a friendly staff. Cheap for what it offers.

There's no kitchen, even though its listed on the facilities list. Also no computer. However, the private room was very cheap, so it's good value for money. There's only 1 employee, who works there 24/7; he's very friendly and helpful.

Cool and easygoing.

Thanks for your nice review.It was a pleasure for me to had you here.Maybe see you again next time.Take care. Marc from the reception :)

Unfinished you could say and still under construction.My first point, and the most important (due completely to imaginative stupidity) is that there were bed bugs! I was bitten over ten times that night (and still itching now).The mattresses are layed out on wooden industrial palets in an old wooden attic, on a large piece of old vinyl; A PARADISE FOR BUGS AND INSECTS! The positive is the great location and brand new and clean bathrooms, but they have no idea how to run a hostel.No signs either!

Hello and thanks for a review and some good words but you are the only one who had such a problem with bed bugs. There are NO BED BUGS at all in here! And you said "thanks and see you" without mention about this upon your staying and check out also! Many guests like our mattresses over wooden pallets - they are really comfortable! Mark from the reception!

Very pleasant stay. The staff was great and always ready to help. Highly recommended.

• 11th Aug 2014

I had a shock when I arrived to be told my reservation didn't exist and they were full... but it was a mix up over my name. Once that was sorted I found the place to be fine for my needs - a convenient and secure place to stay. If you're looking for something attractive, this isn't it, but it's friendly and the staff are helpful once they believe you exist!

Had a reservation at the hostel but was overbooked when we arrived. The then sent us to what appears to be an overflow hostel. We checked this other place out before agreeing and it seemed ok. We were a little annoyed but the new hostel was actually right in the centre of Sofia. The owner is a nice guy who owns both, but he a little more business acumen would help to avoid things like this happening. The new hostel, although closer, was a little shady. After coming back from the pub crawl there

Had checked into Nightingale Hostel at nearby location (as the other one is called Hostel and Guesthouse) but luckily with the same owner and accepted my reservation. The reception was great. Shasha was very helpful and providing absolutely great travel information. I was ever feeling at home in Sofia. My sincere thanks to Shasha. I will be staying at the same hostel when I am back from Pirin Mountain.

We stayed in the 16 bed mixed 'dorm' however a 16 bed slum would have been a better description. It's 16 small foam mattresses on packing crates squished into the attic with weird and creepy children's drawings all over the wall. If you must stay here for the love of all things holy pay the extra few euro and don't stay in the big room.

This hostel isn't great but for the price it's worth it. The showers are very good and breakfast is provided although, being just a bowl of cereal, it's not amazing. The rooms are quite big so it doesn't get too hot at night however the beds aren't that comfortable. Apparently this hostel was still being built when I was there but I didn't really notice anything apart from some bags full of building materials in the entrance.

Honestly it was really cheap and Marc was really helpful but the hostel doesn't havea kitchen, two bathrooms aren't enough. But Sofia deserves it and it is truly cheap so go ahead

Great location, the man at reception was really funny and welcoming. Nice rooms, lovely balcony. No microwave.

Perfect location...the building is not finish yet and could be a little noisy but its going to be a great hostel. the staff is very helpfull and funny. the facilities are not the best, but is very cheap to eat outside...there are a good atmosphere and they try to keep all very clean. i enjoy my stay with they

thanks Carlos for your review,pleasure to have you here.you are right,still a lot of work to do but an an house with an high potential for the future. hope you enjoy your trip wherever you are now. all the best Marc/Reception