Nightingale Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

8, Budapeshta Str, Sofia, Bulgaria

i was last at this hostel in june this year. im spending a week around bulgaria now for a winter break and thought id stop off here to check it out again. out of season but quite busy. mark, still the manager and still cool. he spent the morning teaching all the guests all the 5 different languages in morocco. eveytime i visit here, mark's knowledge amazes me. great hostel mark. keep up the good work i love it.. see you next time !

Amazing, dreamlike atmosphere and more than lovely staff! The location is perfect for the city and even the 10-bed bedroom is comfortable, clean and safety. I wish I wouldn't have left!

• 20th Nov 2015

Cheap option. Not very clean. Overall, under the average.

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Romania

cold and smelly

I only stayed here one night but found it to be lovely! Mark is such a lovely man who really makes you feel at home and the other staff are very nice too offering me a glass of wine in the evenings :) Also bathrooms were very clean which is always nice! Overall very good experience!

Bed/linnen were a little smelly. Woollen cover is fine, but maybe not enough. I took two, and still wasn't too warm at night (mid-Oct). Maybe provide more covers/blankets for everybody in fall/winter.

There was no clothes dryer, and since it was raining that was a problem. Heavy metal music plays most of the time,which I really like. Other things were very good. Location was also pretty good.

Good hostel! big beds and nice staff. very good free breakfast to!!

It was a little bit cold at night and there wasn't so much hot water in the morning but it was very good!!

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Turkey

The hostel is a great place: very clean, comfortable, cozy... The breakfast is great, the kitchen very well equipted... and Mark, the guy in charge, is a very nice person, very welcoming and helpful. Thanks for everything!

The hostel has a perfect location and good prices, but I decided to book a room there only because, they were the only which offered free parking and free breakfast. However, when I got there I realized the breakfast sucks and there's no parking whatsoever. Plus, the rooms are nothing special. Big deception!

• 28th Sep 2015

ok for a one night stay. wifi good. manager is nice.

Great location, we felt very welcomed by Mark!

The atmosphere of the place was great, everything was syper clean, they hot and clean showers, nice breakfast and a cozy common area. And besides all of this Marc, the owner, was a very nice person and very useful when it comes to asking him for some information. It was one of the best hostels I've been. Super recommended!

Really cool vibe in this place. The large dorm is actually in the attic with cool beds made of packing pallets (only on bunk, the rest are just single beds). Decent breakfast, obliging host, and great price though the kitchen is quite small given that it is the only place you are allowed to eat food.

we had a great time to staying in this hostel, the reception guy Mark is really helpful and funny. Also got inspired by his point of view. Suggest to staying in here.

Perfectly average hostel nearby the beautiful city centre. The owner is really cool guy and very helpful. If I had to say something bad: there was no bulgarian yogurt at breakfast and the pressure of the shower was weak.

The reception at the hostel when we arrived was poor in the way he did not tell us anything abaout information regarding the interesting points and also the falicities (Where they are, how to use...). We did not feel comfortable and welcomed.

when i stayed in this hostel last year, there was a lot of building work going on. They were installing new showers, extra toilets and new beds. im pleased to report that now all the building work has finished, it is excellent with everything new and clean. mark, the manager, an history expert, still up to date with all to know on sofia. mark, works for free as a volunteer but he's very helpful. he even told me about a guy who dug up a bag of 2000 silver coins from the 1st century

I took a private room with a bathroom cause I wanted to a little bit alone. When I arrived the men had no idea about my reservation, the room was not ready (it was 10.00pm). The room was quiet ugly, with hole and dead mosquitos on the wall, the balcony was nice and unfortunately my room was next door to the shared toilets so lot of movement during the night. The kitchen was nice and the man thought 22€ was too much so I payed a little bit less. Maybe it's more friendly when you're in a dorm

« first « Prev 1 2 3