Nikbor Reviews

Paseo de Gracia 114, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Please note: We were relocated to Hostel Casa Gracia due to renovation, and this review deals with Casa Gracia. The "Average" concerning atmosphere is due to too much joyous atmosphere during the night on several floors.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Norway

The location is excellent- best district in barcelona and very accessible to the metrostation and bus lines. The staff are very helpfull and accomodating. I just have a negative comment on the cleanliness of the place. Visitors will be more satisfied if rooms were cleaned everyday and bedsheets changed at least every other day.

it 's very good located in the hearth of Barcelona,the room was very clean and the staff very has been helpful with us providing a lot of info and good service. I didn't like the common area because there was not any places for chilling out in the living room but only tables and chairs ,making very hard to join with others ,that's maybe way the atmosphere in hostel was very dry. Really early ceck out(10 a.m) and some noise made from some guest.Good deal but it should make some changement

It is very hard to "hang out" in an area with a few hard chairs and tables. Not a comfy couch in sight! And the sunroom smelled of cigarette smoke, as a staff person would go to the outdoor area to smoke and not close the door. No, most staff does not speak English. You can check in and pay, but that's it. Not an issue, except it was mentioned in the description. Lucky one lady did speak English and could direct persons to the market for supplies.

Nikbor was very accommodating. I would definitely recommend this to others.

Location is good. (Near by station) And staff are kind and speak English well. Breakfast is good everything is gois. but in shareroom, dont have electronic concent to each other, so it is some uncomfortable.

Great few days in Barcelona and the hostel was everything we needed it to be, great location, great staff, nice place, relaxed atmosphere... Would definitely recommend!

• 30th Jan 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. It has a nice atmosphere, clean, nice staff, both at the reception and in the breakfastroom. It is very central, close to the diagonal metro station. I Would definitively stay there again!

• 28th Jan 2014

Great place to stay. Worth every cent. Enjoyed the breakfast and sun filled balcony.

• 28th Jan 2014

It was a good hostel with nice staff.

It was my first time in Barcelona and I found the staff of the Nikbor very helpful and considerate :-) It is located in walking distance (approx. 10 min.) to the Placa de Catalunya ,I loved the atmosphere and the cleanliness of their facilities. I can really recommend this Hostel and I would surely stay there again on my next trip to Barcelona! :-))

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

The hostel has a good layout and the room was adequate. Pillows were weird and very uncomfortable and the walls were paper thin and there was a constant squeaking noise coming from outside and early in the morning workers would start using power tools. Our toilet wouldn't flush for the whole first day and then the second we hung out with the plumbers for three hours or so. Wifi didn't work in our room. Breakfast was definitely the highlight!

It's location mostly and it's general atmosphere, i enjoyed meeting and encountering people from different locations and different ages. Despite having to share a room, i felt no discomfort and the people coming back from a late night did a good job keeping it down.

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Only stayed one night, so may not haven't the most insight. They rely heavily on Casa gracia (hostel near them) for activities, gathering and food. I also stayed at Casa gracia for 7 nights and found the facilities/common room/activities to be much better there. Nikbor didn't provide keys for the large dorm rooms either which I didn't like.

Staff were very helpful, room and bathroom were clean, hostel located in a beautiful building and great atmosphere. Location great it's very close to the subway system is Relatively easy to use. Wish we stayed for longer!

• 10th Jan 2014

It was simple, all we needed :) Recommend for party peeps, 10min walk from disco

Nice and tidy