Nikko Guesthouse Sumica

9.3
Superb 561 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 31-40
15th Aug 2017

We stayed in the 4 dorms and it was very good. Each bed had its own lamp and power station. It's full of details. It's amazing how in such a small space every corner is used well. All the workers are very friendly, they helped us with every question and recommended us things as well. The beds are fine, everything was very clean and the location is great. 100m from the station. Would stay here again. Totally recommend it. Domo arigato!

26th Jul 2017

Friendlest stadd you can find in Japan. I had a funny anecdote, because The guy sleeping in my room snored way too much and We love my futon to the living room and they were very helpful with that, even put some curtains to give me some privacy.All the best!!!!

25th Jul 2017

Hosts were so kind! This is a great little hostel (8 beds I think?) run by a lovely couple. They gave me great advice and what to see in Nikko and how to get around most cheaply. I enjoyed my evening here talking with the hosts about their time living in town, and learning about the past of the region. Hostel is right be the train and bus station, you can see both when you step out the door.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2017

Small, cozy traditional place to stay. Extremely close to the jr station and shops, and the staff were very helpful with suggestions of what to do and where to visit.

25th Jun 2017

Really cute little hostel. Easy to find and friendly staff. We stayed in a Japanese style private room, which was comfortable.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
19th Jun 2017

I wonderful place to stay in Nikko. Beds were clean, the staff were very helpful and friendly. Would absolutely recommend for anyone visiting Nikko by themselves or with a friend or two.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
18th Jun 2017

Good location right across from the train station. Staff were nice and encouraged socialising in a very cute/excited way. Only thing is they actually lock the doors at 11pm and you won't be able to get back in. At all.

16th Jun 2017

A very nice place right across from the Tobu-Nikko train station and bus stop. The staff here were incredibly helpful with everything. Would definitely recommend.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th Jun 2017

This was a lovely hostel! I met a lot of other travellers during my stay here. The hosts were lovely, and we even had a takoyaki night! The location is perfect - just steps away from the Nikko Station and walking distance to restaurants. The facilities are great, beds are clean and comfortable and include a draw curtain for privacy. No complaints! Highly recommend if you're going to Nikko/Chuzenji Lake for a weekend and hoping to meet cool people along the way.

4th Jun 2017

My favorite hostel that I have stayed at. Nice and friendly staff.