Nikko Guesthouse Sumica Reviews

5-12 Aioi-cho, Nikko-city, Tochigi, Japan, Nikko, Japan

family was very nice, enjoyed staying.

It was a really Nice stay there. Direct at the Station and close to a nice onsen. They even offered us tea Coffee and Cookie. Totally recommend this guesthouse

• 21st Mar 2015

I think that was my best hostel experience so far in 9 months of traveling. The hostel is very small and therefore the atmosphere is very familial. I can highly recommend to stay here and if I ever get back to Nikko I will stay here again.

We were happy with our stay here. Conveniently close to the train station but far enough that noise wasn't an issue. Friendly hosts and a comfy bed.

Excellent hostel! Super friendly and extremely helpful/hospitable! Could not stay in a better place in Nikko, especially for the price!

Great little hostel in Nikko. Close to both train stations, supermarket, etc. About twenty mins walk from the temples and shrines. The hostel was spotless and very cozy. Owners were so helpful. My only criticism would be that there was only one toilet/shower for everyone in the hostel. Would definitely recommend this place, one of the comfiest futons I've slept on.

Nice place and lovely staff however not much to do in local area for going to bars and on a night out.

Very close to station, but not so close to the city centre. Sumica the owner is so lovely and helpful! The place is nice and quiet also :)

Had a great stay, the staff were really friendly and brought us all together to play games and gave us tea and sweets. Only a short walk away from all the sites. Our private room was lovely and traditional - very cosy in the winter! Everyone was really helpful with sight seeing advice. Small friendly hostel with a nice atmosphere.

The people working there were lovely, I was off to the middle of nowhere and they arranged a schedule of trains and buses to catch, I would definitely stay there again and reccomend

You can't get a better location than this, a minute walk to the train stations and the bus terminal. Sato and Kumiko are very nice hosts. Sato offered me a ride to the onsen at night even it was just me alone. Also, I had the best pork ever at the restaurant recommended by Kumiko. Wonderful!

Best stay

Super friendly and fun people; Sato and Kimiko. Was great fun staying at their place in Nikko.

Amazing owners. Very very kind and helpful! Their neighbor took us to an Onsen at 10pm then Sato San, the owner, drove us back an hour later!!! What kindness do you want more than that!!

The owners ((Kumiko-san and Sato-san) are very friendly and accommodating. They always extend a helping hand on whatever activities or plan you have like where to eat, where to go, etc. When I go back to Nikko, I will definitely choose this accommodation again. Congratulations and keep it up!