Nikko Guesthouse Sumica Reviews

5-12 Aioi-cho, Nikko-city, Tochigi, Japan, Nikko, Japan

I love this guesthouse, very close to train and bus station, a minute walk away from buying food to souvenirs. Fantastic staff :) two thumbs up!!! I will stay here again for sure.

A lovely little hostel in a charming house. The staff were very welcoming with helpful guidance (and a much needed umbrella and tea).

It was a very nice stay. The owner were helpful and sympathic. The location is perfect, next to the bus- and trainstation. The room was small. We just had two small daypacks and our roommates as well. But with four backpacks there would't be enough space. There are also no locker. But the autmosphaere is nice. For a short time in Nikko we would recommend it.

My favourite place to stay so far. Kumiko San and Sato San are very friendly and make you feel right at home. Close to both train stations and easy access to everything in town. And the house itself is very classy

The staff were very helpful and gave great advice concerning places to visit and restaurants to eat at. I've never written a review before, but they were so friendly that it prompted me to say something good. Well worth staying at.

• 12th Mar 2014

Very nice guesthouse, peaceful and homely. very nice and personal. You can make dinner with the staff and other guests and all cook and eat together was a very fun night.

I had a really great time at guesthouse Sumica! The owners are solo nice and helpful and they made my trip to Nikko perfect!

Nice and Friendly Staffs/Owners. Convenient as well as near all the great historical shrines within walking distance and/or local bus, amazing waterfalls and biggest lake in Nikko. We actually went Christmas Carroll with the owner. She is awesome! We like her a lot. The place is really cute. We love staying there. Definitely would recommend others to try. For us, we will definitely come back again.

I can't say enough nice things about this hostel and especially the staff. The owner is a great guy who would literally give you the coat off his back...that's an accurate use of literally :). I lucked out and stayed a day when his chef friend was visiting and enjoyed a home-cooked dinner. The beds were comfortable and the rooms warm. The one downside is that there is only one bathroom, but that never was an issue for me during my stay.

• 21st Dec 2013

I have never had such an excellent experience at a hostel. The staff was very friendly and outgoing. One of the guests was a chef and all the staff and guests enjoyed his cooking (sushi too) for dinner and breakfast! It was absolutely delicious and the atmosphere was exciting and friendly. There was also a resident in Nikko who hung out with us at the beginning who comes to Sumica many nights just to hang out & play kotatsu-ping-pong. The building was lovely - old but well-kept. Great location

Loved it. So much. The staff is so welcoming and kind. The lovely people and the cute guesthouse itself made for a relaxed atmosphere and a great night that was exactly what I was hoping for in Nikko. The proximity to the train station also gave me time to go on a beautiful hike before catching the last train back to Tokyo.

A friendly welcome from helpful hosts made for a nice stay in Nikko.

Very nice guesthouse/hostel located next to the train station in Nikko.. Just a short walk from the main temples and many restaurants close by. Excellent staff... the owner was very friendly and provided me with lots of useful information. Can leave your bags here if you arrive before Check in.

• 12th Nov 2013

Small guesthouse run by a lovely Japanese couple. They speak English well and are very knowledgeable of the local area. Typical Japanese home with small tatami. Foreigners unaccustomed to Japanese homes and light sleepers may be easily awoken by the sounds of cars outside. Very conveniently located less than a minutes walk from both Tobu Nikko and JR Nikko stations and the town’s main bus terminal. The 11pm curfew is fine because there is nothing open in Nikko that late anyway. Perfect budget accommod

• 9th Nov 2013

Best hostel owners ever!

Very nice little place. Great location, comfortable beds and the couple that runs the place are such lovely people. Loved my stay there!

Wonderful and helpful staff, amazing atmosphere.

• 26th Oct 2013