Nikko Guesthouse Sumica Reviews

5-12 Aioi-cho, Nikko-city, Tochigi, Japan, Nikko, Japan

Good location for get to Tobu-nikko station, bus station, main street and supermarket. All the staff was very friendly and always recommends where to go. Tough the space is not very big, it's clean and has good atmosphere. Travelers even can meet some local people there. In one night, they held an Okonomiyaki party and everyone had tasty food and good time there. I definitely will stay there again for next time.

We really enjoyed Sumica and Nikko. The atmosphere is really good and the staff is really friendly. The most important things are within walking distance. The staff knows a lot about the neighborhood.

Amazing hostel with a focus on creating an atmosphere where all travellers are able to connect with one another and a staff that will work hard to make your stay in Nikko special.

We had a great stay here, it's so close to both train stations. The bunks have curtains all the way around them so it's really private and my 6"4' boyfriend even fit on the bed which is a rarity in Japan. All staff are super helpful and so nice! Would recommend it for anyone going to Nikko

I had so much fun here and hope I get the chance to come visit again!

Just next to both train stations, staff at the hotel is very nice

family was very nice, enjoyed staying.

It was a really Nice stay there. Direct at the Station and close to a nice onsen. They even offered us tea Coffee and Cookie. Totally recommend this guesthouse

• 21st Mar 2015

I think that was my best hostel experience so far in 9 months of traveling. The hostel is very small and therefore the atmosphere is very familial. I can highly recommend to stay here and if I ever get back to Nikko I will stay here again.

We were happy with our stay here. Conveniently close to the train station but far enough that noise wasn't an issue. Friendly hosts and a comfy bed.

Excellent hostel! Super friendly and extremely helpful/hospitable! Could not stay in a better place in Nikko, especially for the price!

Great little hostel in Nikko. Close to both train stations, supermarket, etc. About twenty mins walk from the temples and shrines. The hostel was spotless and very cozy. Owners were so helpful. My only criticism would be that there was only one toilet/shower for everyone in the hostel. Would definitely recommend this place, one of the comfiest futons I've slept on.

Nice place and lovely staff however not much to do in local area for going to bars and on a night out.

Very close to station, but not so close to the city centre. Sumica the owner is so lovely and helpful! The place is nice and quiet also :)

Had a great stay, the staff were really friendly and brought us all together to play games and gave us tea and sweets. Only a short walk away from all the sites. Our private room was lovely and traditional - very cosy in the winter! Everyone was really helpful with sight seeing advice. Small friendly hostel with a nice atmosphere.