Nikko Guesthouse Sumica Reviews

5-12 Aioi-cho, Nikko-city, Tochigi, Japan, Nikko, Japan

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great facilities. Good location near to the bus and train station. I really enjoyed my time at Nikko Guesthouse Sumica and I'm happy to recommend it!

This was a charming little hostel in Nikko. It was a very easy hostel to find from the train station and the owners/staff are very friendly and kind. They spoke decent English and happily explained some of the best sights to see in Nikko. Though the facilities are cozy, and a little Spartan, I enjoyed my overnight stay there and would recommend it to anyone looking to stay overnight in Nikko to see the many beautiful sights!

Really nice staff. They make you feel like home. Very helpfull. Its a really small guesthouse but if you dont mind i really recommend this place. Near to facilities you need.

The host was extremely nice and friendly. She told me where to go and even gave me a ride for the onsen. The atmosphere was also warm and fun. Quite a special place, definitely recommended!

We had a fantastic stay! Such a great staff - I felt perfectly at home hanging out in the common area.

• 16th Jul 2015

Our stay was amaziiiing !! I really want to come back one day to see everybody ! We met lots of japanese, lots of other strangers etc... It was perfect ! I think it will be our best memories of our trip ! Thank you Sumica guest house :D !!

I love the fact that the hosts renovated an old building to such a cosy guesthouse. I also enjoyed sleeping on the futon in a comfortable tatami room. The guesthouse is very near to the train station, making it very convenient. Sato and Kumiko were very warm and friendly!

Lovely little hostel! Very friendly owners who gave me some great suggestions as to where to go and what to do.

Good location for get to Tobu-nikko station, bus station, main street and supermarket. All the staff was very friendly and always recommends where to go. Tough the space is not very big, it's clean and has good atmosphere. Travelers even can meet some local people there. In one night, they held an Okonomiyaki party and everyone had tasty food and good time there. I definitely will stay there again for next time.

We really enjoyed Sumica and Nikko. The atmosphere is really good and the staff is really friendly. The most important things are within walking distance. The staff knows a lot about the neighborhood.

Amazing hostel with a focus on creating an atmosphere where all travellers are able to connect with one another and a staff that will work hard to make your stay in Nikko special.

We had a great stay here, it's so close to both train stations. The bunks have curtains all the way around them so it's really private and my 6"4' boyfriend even fit on the bed which is a rarity in Japan. All staff are super helpful and so nice! Would recommend it for anyone going to Nikko

I had so much fun here and hope I get the chance to come visit again!

Just next to both train stations, staff at the hotel is very nice

family was very nice, enjoyed staying.

It was a really Nice stay there. Direct at the Station and close to a nice onsen. They even offered us tea Coffee and Cookie. Totally recommend this guesthouse

• 21st Mar 2015

I think that was my best hostel experience so far in 9 months of traveling. The hostel is very small and therefore the atmosphere is very familial. I can highly recommend to stay here and if I ever get back to Nikko I will stay here again.

We were happy with our stay here. Conveniently close to the train station but far enough that noise wasn't an issue. Friendly hosts and a comfy bed.