Nikko Guesthouse Sumica Reviews

5-12 Aioi-cho, Nikko-city, Tochigi, Japan, Nikko, Japan

In this small hostel you will feel like at home. Owners also keep an eye on events and promotions in town so to enrich your stay (and save money).

Fantastic staff, very friendly. However it's lights out at 11pm and you're not allowed in the house from 11am-3pm. Which doesn't seem fair for how much you pay. The house itself is very nice, albeit tiny.

I had a really great time in Sumica Guesthouse. The staff is wonderfull. I felt that I was living in family. They really know how to amuse people and they are really embaissors of Japan... I will definitely come back.

Authentic feel. Enjoyed my comfortable stay here.

Just incredible! Warm welcome, very friendly. I wish I had stayed more longer because they are genuinely kind and welcoming. Could not be any better. The reputation of the place has already been made but its an understatement. Do not hesitate a second you will never regret it.

Stayed here for only one night but had a really enjoyable experience. The staff were all very kind and helpful. It was great fun!

Absolutely gorgeous stay. Lovely staff and beautiful building.

Great location, nice room. The rooms are cold and it is loud, however, I would not stay anywhere else. The staff was incredible! Takashi went above and beyond taking us to the soba festival, then walking us to 7/11 so we could use an ATM that worked with our foreign phones, along with walking us to some other places to run errands. It was great to have a local guide with us. Thanks!!!!

Very convenient location, just half a block from the train station from Tokyo, and also where the buses left for the UNESCO shrine area and the Chuzenji Lake resort area nearby, so you lose little time. It is a 2-1/2 hr. train ride from Tokyo and shrine closes at 3 p.m., so you have to make the most of your time. I had one night, 2 half days there. Owner helpful in offering advice on what to see, and in offering me bedding alternatives as the stairs to the 2nd floor dorm were steep. Friendly.

What an amazing staff. Just AMAZING. Helped us so much. Thank you so much !!!!!!!!!

Brrr it was super cold. I didnt end up taking a shower in the morning it was so cold in the hostel.

Great location just 1 minute away from Nikko station. Staff sooo nice and Evan drive me to the mountain ( love you sumica, I will definitely come back again). Room clean, reasonable priced. Highly recommend!!!

This hostel is super close to both JR and Tobu stations and a comfortable walking distance to the major sights. There is not that much to do at night, but the staff was really helpful with finding a place to eat dinner. I had a great stay here!

The Hostel is very near to the train as well as bus station. The couple welcomed my very warmly at heir small and nice house. There is everything you need and they are happy to give you recommendations as well as a short ride to the Onzen. I had a great stay.

Enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The hosts are very helpful, friendly and great fun! I played a few Japanese games with the hosts which I enjoyed!! The facilities at the hostel are also very good. It's a short walk to the train station and bus stop and 20mins walk to the entrance of the temples! Best experience of my trip so far!!

Very Very comfortable beds!

• 4th Oct 2015

The staff was great! Friendly and very helpful. Dorm is extremely small, but was ok for a night.

Cozy, clean, and wonderful staff. Great location a minute in between JR Nikko and Tobu Nikko stations. 20-30 minute walk to Heritage sites and around 45 minute bus ride up to some beautiful hiking spots. 5-10 Minute walk from Supermarket and Laundromat. Make sure to ask Kumiko and Sato about their Kami-Sama cards.

Great place, great staff. Very helpful. Excellent location. 1 min from Jr station. Only downfall, very small. Lights out at 11. And 1 bathroom. But I liked the place

Very warm and accommodating staff.