Nikkorisou Reviews

1107 kamihatsuishimachi nikko city, Nikko, Japan

Great stay! The location was perfect - located right between the main street with all the shops and the World Heritage site, and very close to the buses for Oku-Nikko. The hostel was homely and cheerful, with quirky decorations and hand-crafted furniture in the common room. The common room even has a kotatsu (Japanese table covered with a blanket) - a great place to gather and chat, or have dinner together! And finally, my sincerest gratitude to the friendly owner for his warm hospitality!

Great little hostel in a very good location. The old samurai district is just a 10 minute walk along the canal and Kenrokuen gardens a 25 minute walk. Very easy to find being just 5 minutes from the train station and the staff are extremely helpful. If you are going in the spring the staff even provide transport and booze for the Sakura viewing so everyone is a winner!

Hi david. How are you? Thank you for the great comment. I hope you are enjoy a lot of japan. Have a great one!

A very nice guesthouse. It's a small walk from the JR station, but right next to the temples. It's a very cosy place to stay. The owner is very friendly and hospitable. I really enjoyed my stay and will definatly stay there again if i ever come back to Nikko.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Hey Thibaud! Thank you for the comment! it was really nice to meet you! :) I will see you again! 日本語の勉強頑張ってね!また遊びに来てください日本語で話そうね!旅を楽しんでね!

Hiro, the owner, was awesome! He offered to drive us to the store, ATM, and hot springs. He even played board games with us at night. The common area is only open till 11pm, but since all guests were willing to play the game, we stayed up past 1am having lots of fun. Highly recommend!

Hey guys! Did you enjoy in japan!? I had great time with you guys! It was really fun time! Really wanna play again that games!!!! Thank you for a lot of fun! I will see you again:)

Very friendly staff, close to temples, close to bus stop, has usable kitchen

Hi Alessandro! How are you ? thank you for the comment. It was nice to meet you! And thank you for good time! I should up grade security! :) I will see you again. Have a great trip!

I had very good time in this hostel where you feel like home as soon as you go in. Thank you Hiro to bring me everywhere, you have been a really good guide, I enjoyed a lot my time in Nikko. I wish spend more time in your hostel. I hope to see you again, take care. Elodie

Hi Elodie :) Oh thank you for the great comment for me! I really wanna see you aain one day! By the way thank you for good time for me . It was enjoy with you! I wanna talk with you more time. Miss you and take care and have a great trip:)

nikkorisou was one of the friendliest hostel i've visited! the manager. hiro-san was a very generous man who goes out of the way for his guests. the atmosphe;re there was great making it easy for everyone to mingle. when i visit the area again, i would definitely head over.

Hi :) Thank you for the great comment for me! I really happy to hear this comment! It was really nice to meet you! I really wanna meet you again one day. If you have time plz come back my place then talk with me!lol Anyway have a great trip!

Had a fantastic two nights at Nikkorisou, Hiro-San the host made the stay very enjoyable. The hostel is a very short walk to Nikkos' shrines and temples, and also the bus stop to take you to the waterfalls higher up into the alps. If you want a rustic but comfortable stay in a place with loads of character and be close to the best sights that Nikko offers, I highly recommend this hostel.

Hi adrian! Thank you for "Imoto chocolate"!lol I had great time with you . It was really nice to meet you! I will you can come again nikko! Go somewhere with me! Thank you a lots!

An excellent hostel that is a one minute walk from the famous Shinkyo Bridge and minutes from the historic temples. The owner was very accommodating. We had potluck nabe dinners both nights- great food, great people, great fun!

hi Adam! How are you? Thank you for came my place . I had great time with you! So did you surprise for them? If you have time plz come again then eat something with me:) Thank you for the good memory! ありがとう。

The guy that ran the hostel was incredibly friendly. I was the only one staying that night so he took me to the supermarket with him and explained what was what. He also explained what was happening on the Japanese TV programmes we watched. The only way the hostel could be improved is to insulate it more. The rooms were very warm whilst the heaters were on but the corridors and rooms without heaters were cold. But it was winter and there was a lot of snow about so it was not unreasonable.

thank you for the good comment for me . and thank you for visit my place . it was good time for me . i really enjoy stay with you. i hope you enjoy around Japan . i hope see you again:) thank you .