Nikkorisou Reviews

1107 kamihatsuishimachi nikko city, Nikko, Japan

Wonderful atmosphere, hiro was great. He even drove me to the supermarket and we gone out eating together

Very nice place to stay in Nokko, lovely staff, feeling like at home!

• 20th Apr 2015

Very nice little hostel with friendly athmosphere! Coming by motorbike the location was perfect for me. I'll come back soon!

Hiro looked after me very well, driving me to the supermarket to get food, then cooking it for me when we returned to the hostel. I like the building too, it has real character. Highly recommend staying here.

Hiro was very welcoming and felt like a home from home. Thank you for all of your help!

This place is really awesome. You just feel so comfortable at this lovely made place. We also enjoyed really much talking to the hostelkeeper who tells great things about the place and is interested in his guests. Thanks for this great stay!!

The host was very kind and helped with useful recommendations. The living room very cosy, but my private room freezing, even with the heater being turned on. The good thing is that enough blankets were provided so I still had a good nights sleep.

The best hostel I've stayed at in japan. Hiro was awesome fun and made sure there was always a good atmosphere. He even showed us how to make some lovely Japanese food. Would definitely recommend, especially if you are travelling alone.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I loved this hostel. It has a laid-back atmosphere and Hiro is an excellent host. I enjoyed hanging out in the common area, which was basically the living room/kitchen of a house. The location is great too, as it's right next to the national park where all the shrines are. If I come back to Nikko, I'm staying here!

Hiro is absolutely amazing, such a chill dude, very helpful and lovely to talk to. The place felt like home, a place to relax and catch your breath after busy travels. Amazing location, its a bit of a walk from the train but it's where you want to be as it's near all the beautiful places in Nikko.

• 29th Mar 2015

Amazing experience! The true backpackers hostel... not that easy to find nowadays. The host is generous, kind and most of all, he works a lot in order to keep the atmosphere!!! As it says in the description, this place is perfect for solo travelers. Wish I could have stayed more that one night... If you are looking for a place to take a break, I´d deffinitely come here.

Thank you Hiro-san for the warm hospitality. The hostel is a few step from Shinkyo bridge and the world heritage. Would go back.

Very cozy hostel. Close to the heritage site and bus stop. The was a bento (lunchbox) service available Which was really tasty. The owner tries to make a good atmosphere. He also offered me a ride to a big supermarket which was a bit far away. Would love to come back when it's warmer ;-)

The place is centrally located in the tourism center of the town and the owner is quite friendly. The price is the cheapest in the town, and the bed is quite comfortable. You can go buy food at the supermarket and cook anything you want at the hostel. The kitchen is wide open for guests.

I had one of the best times of my trip at Nikkorisou, the caretaker was wondefully nice and I had fun with everyone. If you are lucky enough, you might be chasing wild monkeys at your arrival, before entering the shrines' hill and discovering the breath-taking nature surrounding you. Although it was for less than a day, I will never forget it, and will definitely go back to Nikkorisou when I go back to Japan!

I stayed 4 days at Nikkorisou hostel where I spent a wonderful time. The atmosphere of the house is perfect for chilling in this nice mountains area and it's very well located to enjoy your time in Nikko. The owner of the house is really kind and ready to help you for anything. It was a real pleasure meeting him and discussing about japanese culture. So I highly recommend this hostel!

• 1st Jan 2015

Thank you so much . It was really great time wish you. I hope you are enjoying in japan a lots. I really wanna see you again in future. Thank you so much.

We visited after Christmas. Great location and interesting home, which could be better. Limited shower facilities. Propane heater in room which had a gas smell when turned on. Host friendly in that he drove us to a grocery store, but no b'fast on any kind, and limited kitchen.

• 26th Dec 2014

Greetings to Hiro!

Staff is fantastic! We were the ony guests in winter so it wasn't that lively, but the guy who works there was incredibly friendly and helpful. Would go again!

Thank you for recommend my place . If you chance to come back in japan other season . I think you can enjoy diffarent nature at here. I wish see you again in future. Have a safe trip.

Thanks for your hospitality, Hiro-san! It was a very nice experience :)

Thank you for came my place. It was really nice to meet you. If you have any chance to come back here. I will see you again someday. Take care and have a great trip.