Nikkorisou Reviews

1107 kamihatsuishimachi nikko city, Nikko, Japan

Thanks for your hospitality, Hiro-san! It was a very nice experience :)

• 22nd Nov 2014

wonderful hostel right next to the temple sites. Me and my girlfriend stayed there for the second time this year and hands down: this is probably the best hostel I know! It has an incredible welcoming and cozy atmosphere and an awesome host. Also he speaks English really well and gives good tips and advices. The kitchen is well equipped and the living room even has a heater-table... You don't go to a hostel - you visit Hiro (the host) in his home...

• 21st Nov 2014

There were no locks on the dorm room doors and no lockers in the rooms either to store valuables. The room was very cold and there were no extra blankets to be found in the room. Only one shower and one toilet in the hostel which was not ideal. Directions to the hostel could have been better as the local bus goes roughly once an hour.

Thank you for coming my place. And sorry for inconvenience for you at my place. Please ask me if you want something and if you get some problems as well . I have few extra blankets and i have hot water bottle as well. And also i explained to you i have 2 toilets. Anyway sorry for inconvenience . and thank you for advice for me.

The host spoke good English and the atmosphere in the communal room was very homely.

Thank you for coming my place during your trip in japan. It was really nice to meet you. And it was really enjoying talk with you. I hope you enjoy in japan . Have a safe trip.

Only spent one night here but the location is so good to see all the Nikko temples and then directly across the road from a bus stop to Cuzenji lake and Onsens. Right by the river and Hiro was one of the first hotel/hostel managers I came acrossthat could speak english OK too.

Thank you for recommend my place. And sorry for i didn't talk with you not enough . But i happy to hear that. You enjoying stay in nikko. If you have chance to come back japan, please visiting again in nikko . Thank you so much.

Nice hostel with a japanese style Kotatsu in the common room. But only free wifi (unconvenient when you don't have any mobile phone or PC with you).

Thank you for coming my place . I'm sorry for the wi-fi problem. If you get uncomfortable things please ask me. I can help something at next time. Have a nice day.

Hiro was awesome!! He made our stay in Nikko amazing. :) The hostel is in great condition and is at a great location!

Thank you very much. It was really really nice to meet you guys. You guys really awesome !!! I was really wanna join your trip. I wanna see you again in future . Have a great trip and safe trip. See you soon.

Hiro, the owner, is the man! One of the friendliest and best hostel I've been to. International friendly

• 26th Oct 2014

Thank you for coming my place. It was really nice to meet you. I was really enjoying with you. Hope you enjoyed other place in japan as well. Have a great one.

Hiro was good as far as giving info etc. We would stay there again.

Sorry for late reply . It was really nice to meet you. Thank you for shearing of your experience . And thank you for teach me a lots. I really want to see you again . Thank you so much.

Very personal and warm atmosphere. Best host I've ever had. Only a short walk to the main attractions.

Hi thank you for recommend my place . It was really nice to meet you. How's your trip in japan? I hope you are enjoyed a lot of things. Have a safe trip:) Thank you so much.

The best thing about Nikkorisou is the atmosphere in my opinion. It inspired me to have something like this place in my home town!

By far the most homely and friendly hostel in Japan (from my experience). Hiroaki is an awesome guy, he is more like another backpacker than the owner. He sat around and drank and chatted with us every night. 10/15minute walk into town, but 2 minutes from all the really good stuff in Nikko. the hostel itself in clean and tidy. The beds are comfortable, and the bathroom is great. Really hope to get back here again next year. Cheers Hiro.

Hi how are you ? It was really thank you for a lots. I was really enjoyed with you during when you stay here. And thank you for super highly recommend. I wish you still enjoying your big tirp. and one day we can meet again somewhere in the world . I'm sure. thank you so much.

This was more of a guesthouse than a hostel. Hiro the host was super chill and nice. the location was definitely a bonus as well since it was a minute walk to the entrance of the shrines

thank you for the recommend my place. I'm happy to hear that. I hope you enjoying around in japan. If you any chance to come back in japan . please stay here again im looking for ward that.

Best Hostel I've stayed at in Japan! The owner is incredibly friendly and everything is well kept.

• 11th Oct 2014

thank you for the recommend for my place . it was really nice to meet you . If you have time please come back again . then drink some thing :)

Nikkorisou was a wonderful place to stay. Hiro was very helpful. The location was great! It was a 5-minute walk from the World Heritage sites and only a short bus ride to the station. It was right beside a river and it was very soothing to hear the running water at night. The facilities were perfect and there was a lot of information on what to do, where to go, where to eat, etc... all over the hostel. It had a very artistic vibe about it. And I really liked being able to sign the wall!

• 10th Oct 2014

It was really nice to meet you . I wanna see you again . And I'm looking forward you guys come back here and drink something. By the way thank you for a lots.

Hiro was a great host! Place was as described, excellent location, would highly recommend :)

Thank you for the highly recommend for me . Did you enjoyed in Japan? I hope you are enjoyed a lots. thank you so much it was nice to meet you.

Lovely hostel with a little hint of traditional Japan mixed with funky backpacker hostel. The beds were so private I didn't feel like I was in a dorm! Shower room was amazing! Would definitely stay again, one of the best hostels I've been to!

Sorry for late reply . Thank you for the great comment for me . It was really nice to meet you and really enjoyed talk with you . I wish you can come back in Nikko . And you enjoying alot of japan i hope. So take care and have a great days. Hope to see you soon.

We really enjoyed our time at Nikkorisou!! Hiro is super nice and helpful. He has great tips for things to see, day trips to the lake nearby and restaurant recommendations. He even cooked us a Japanese hot pot! It was delicious! The location couldn't be better. It's at the beginning of both major sightseeing trails. We wish we could have stayed longer and hope we can come back one day after the balcony overlooking the river is done. Thanks so much!!

• 4th Oct 2014

It was really nice to meet you . Thank you for coming my place at during your trip in Japan. I was really enjoyed talking with you guys. I wish you had great time in Japan. Have a safe trip and good trip as well. I will see you again someday. thank you so much.

Great hostel, great atmosphere and in a perfect location to see the sights in NIkko. Hiro is an awesome host and really provides a great place to chill after a long day of walking around. You should definitely stay here!

Thank you for the great recommend my place. I was really enjoyed conversation with you guys. If you have time please come back again. I'm looking forward to see you guys. And i wish you guys enjoying a lot of Japan. Take care and have a great trip. thanks a lots.

Feels more like a home than a hostel. Probably because it is someones's home. Nice and personal place in a great location to visit Nikko and the park areas nearby. Hiro is one of the best hostelkeepers I've met so far, will visit again if I return to Nikko.

Thank you for came my place . It was really nice to meet you. I was really enjoyed talk with you. Have a great trip in the world. Take care.

« first « Prev 1 2 3