Nikkorisou Reviews

1107 kamihatsuishimachi nikko city, Nikko, Japan

Beautiful place, hiro the owner is a fellow traveler and you can see this in the way he styles his hostel. Very cosy, and hiro's a really nice man. He shares his food with you and will help you as much as he can. Stay here and enhance your stay in nikko!

Hiro was an amazing host. The hostel is really clean, cozy and chill. The location is also very good, only a few minutes away from the temples.

Hiro is great! the location perfect !

Great hostel close to all of the main sights in Nikko.

good location and relaxed. Late check in is a bit annoying as 15:00 is pretty much a quarter of the day gone.

Located very close to the Heritage Area, this hostel was perfect for what I was looking for as a lonely female traveler. The bed on the mixed room was spacious and comfortable, and I could fall asleep listening to the running river next to the house. The owner Hiro is the nicest person and if you have any problems if he can he always tries to find a way to help you. The atmosphere is great and it's really easy to become friends with the other travellers when you're all sitting at the kotatsu!

• 1st May 2015

Very nice little hostel with a wonderful owner, Hiro, who is very nice and helpful and takes cares of his guests really well!

Hiro , the owner is a rare person, one who genuinely wants you to enjoy not only his guesthouse but Nikko in general. In my time there he shuttled people to the sights and more importantly to the supermarket so we could enjoy his cooking, Nabe on my first night. The location of the hostel is a stones throw from the main attractions and beside the river.

Wonderful atmosphere, hiro was great. He even drove me to the supermarket and we gone out eating together

Very nice place to stay in Nokko, lovely staff, feeling like at home!

• 20th Apr 2015

Very nice little hostel with friendly athmosphere! Coming by motorbike the location was perfect for me. I'll come back soon!

Hiro looked after me very well, driving me to the supermarket to get food, then cooking it for me when we returned to the hostel. I like the building too, it has real character. Highly recommend staying here.

Hiro was very welcoming and felt like a home from home. Thank you for all of your help!

This place is really awesome. You just feel so comfortable at this lovely made place. We also enjoyed really much talking to the hostelkeeper who tells great things about the place and is interested in his guests. Thanks for this great stay!!

The host was very kind and helped with useful recommendations. The living room very cosy, but my private room freezing, even with the heater being turned on. The good thing is that enough blankets were provided so I still had a good nights sleep.

The best hostel I've stayed at in japan. Hiro was awesome fun and made sure there was always a good atmosphere. He even showed us how to make some lovely Japanese food. Would definitely recommend, especially if you are travelling alone.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I loved this hostel. It has a laid-back atmosphere and Hiro is an excellent host. I enjoyed hanging out in the common area, which was basically the living room/kitchen of a house. The location is great too, as it's right next to the national park where all the shrines are. If I come back to Nikko, I'm staying here!

Hiro is absolutely amazing, such a chill dude, very helpful and lovely to talk to. The place felt like home, a place to relax and catch your breath after busy travels. Amazing location, its a bit of a walk from the train but it's where you want to be as it's near all the beautiful places in Nikko.

• 29th Mar 2015

Amazing experience! The true backpackers hostel... not that easy to find nowadays. The host is generous, kind and most of all, he works a lot in order to keep the atmosphere!!! As it says in the description, this place is perfect for solo travelers. Wish I could have stayed more that one night... If you are looking for a place to take a break, I´d deffinitely come here.

Thank you Hiro-san for the warm hospitality. The hostel is a few step from Shinkyo bridge and the world heritage. Would go back.