Nikkorisou Reviews

1107 kamihatsuishimachi nikko city, Nikko, Japan

I had one of the best times of my trip at Nikkorisou, the caretaker was wondefully nice and I had fun with everyone. If you are lucky enough, you might be chasing wild monkeys at your arrival, before entering the shrines' hill and discovering the breath-taking nature surrounding you. Although it was for less than a day, I will never forget it, and will definitely go back to Nikkorisou when I go back to Japan!

I stayed 4 days at Nikkorisou hostel where I spent a wonderful time. The atmosphere of the house is perfect for chilling in this nice mountains area and it's very well located to enjoy your time in Nikko. The owner of the house is really kind and ready to help you for anything. It was a real pleasure meeting him and discussing about japanese culture. So I highly recommend this hostel!

• 1st Jan 2015

Thank you so much . It was really great time wish you. I hope you are enjoying in japan a lots. I really wanna see you again in future. Thank you so much.

We visited after Christmas. Great location and interesting home, which could be better. Limited shower facilities. Propane heater in room which had a gas smell when turned on. Host friendly in that he drove us to a grocery store, but no b'fast on any kind, and limited kitchen.

• 26th Dec 2014

Greetings to Hiro!

Staff is fantastic! We were the ony guests in winter so it wasn't that lively, but the guy who works there was incredibly friendly and helpful. Would go again!

Thank you for recommend my place . If you chance to come back in japan other season . I think you can enjoy diffarent nature at here. I wish see you again in future. Have a safe trip.

Thanks for your hospitality, Hiro-san! It was a very nice experience :)

Thank you for came my place. It was really nice to meet you. If you have any chance to come back here. I will see you again someday. Take care and have a great trip.

wonderful hostel right next to the temple sites. Me and my girlfriend stayed there for the second time this year and hands down: this is probably the best hostel I know! It has an incredible welcoming and cozy atmosphere and an awesome host. Also he speaks English really well and gives good tips and advices. The kitchen is well equipped and the living room even has a heater-table... You don't go to a hostel - you visit Hiro (the host) in his home...

• 21st Nov 2014

Thank you for great comment for me . I was really enjoying with you guys. And happy to see you guys again as well. I hope to see you again .lol Thank you so much.

There were no locks on the dorm room doors and no lockers in the rooms either to store valuables. The room was very cold and there were no extra blankets to be found in the room. Only one shower and one toilet in the hostel which was not ideal. Directions to the hostel could have been better as the local bus goes roughly once an hour.

Thank you for coming my place. And sorry for inconvenience for you at my place. Please ask me if you want something and if you get some problems as well . I have few extra blankets and i have hot water bottle as well. And also i explained to you i have 2 toilets. Anyway sorry for inconvenience . and thank you for advice for me.

The host spoke good English and the atmosphere in the communal room was very homely.

Thank you for coming my place during your trip in japan. It was really nice to meet you. And it was really enjoying talk with you. I hope you enjoy in japan . Have a safe trip.

Only spent one night here but the location is so good to see all the Nikko temples and then directly across the road from a bus stop to Cuzenji lake and Onsens. Right by the river and Hiro was one of the first hotel/hostel managers I came acrossthat could speak english OK too.

Thank you for recommend my place. And sorry for i didn't talk with you not enough . But i happy to hear that. You enjoying stay in nikko. If you have chance to come back japan, please visiting again in nikko . Thank you so much.

Nice hostel with a japanese style Kotatsu in the common room. But only free wifi (unconvenient when you don't have any mobile phone or PC with you).

Thank you for coming my place . I'm sorry for the wi-fi problem. If you get uncomfortable things please ask me. I can help something at next time. Have a nice day.

Hiro was awesome!! He made our stay in Nikko amazing. :) The hostel is in great condition and is at a great location!

Thank you very much. It was really really nice to meet you guys. You guys really awesome !!! I was really wanna join your trip. I wanna see you again in future . Have a great trip and safe trip. See you soon.

Hiro, the owner, is the man! One of the friendliest and best hostel I've been to. International friendly

• 26th Oct 2014

Thank you for coming my place. It was really nice to meet you. I was really enjoying with you. Hope you enjoyed other place in japan as well. Have a great one.

Hiro was good as far as giving info etc. We would stay there again.

Sorry for late reply . It was really nice to meet you. Thank you for shearing of your experience . And thank you for teach me a lots. I really want to see you again . Thank you so much.

Very personal and warm atmosphere. Best host I've ever had. Only a short walk to the main attractions.

Hi thank you for recommend my place . It was really nice to meet you. How's your trip in japan? I hope you are enjoyed a lot of things. Have a safe trip:) Thank you so much.

The best thing about Nikkorisou is the atmosphere in my opinion. It inspired me to have something like this place in my home town!

By far the most homely and friendly hostel in Japan (from my experience). Hiroaki is an awesome guy, he is more like another backpacker than the owner. He sat around and drank and chatted with us every night. 10/15minute walk into town, but 2 minutes from all the really good stuff in Nikko. the hostel itself in clean and tidy. The beds are comfortable, and the bathroom is great. Really hope to get back here again next year. Cheers Hiro.

Hi how are you ? It was really thank you for a lots. I was really enjoyed with you during when you stay here. And thank you for super highly recommend. I wish you still enjoying your big tirp. and one day we can meet again somewhere in the world . I'm sure. thank you so much.

This was more of a guesthouse than a hostel. Hiro the host was super chill and nice. the location was definitely a bonus as well since it was a minute walk to the entrance of the shrines

thank you for the recommend my place. I'm happy to hear that. I hope you enjoying around in japan. If you any chance to come back in japan . please stay here again im looking for ward that.

Best Hostel I've stayed at in Japan! The owner is incredibly friendly and everything is well kept.

• 11th Oct 2014

thank you for the recommend for my place . it was really nice to meet you . If you have time please come back again . then drink some thing :)

Nikkorisou was a wonderful place to stay. Hiro was very helpful. The location was great! It was a 5-minute walk from the World Heritage sites and only a short bus ride to the station. It was right beside a river and it was very soothing to hear the running water at night. The facilities were perfect and there was a lot of information on what to do, where to go, where to eat, etc... all over the hostel. It had a very artistic vibe about it. And I really liked being able to sign the wall!

• 10th Oct 2014

It was really nice to meet you . I wanna see you again . And I'm looking forward you guys come back here and drink something. By the way thank you for a lots.