Nikkorisou Reviews

1107 kamihatsuishimachi nikko city, Nikko, Japan

Really good place with a rustic feel, right near the main Nikko attractions. It's run by one (awesome) man so there's some limitations for example there are set times to shower in the morning and evening so he can clean etc but he did let us off when we forgot. It also gives the place a very personal touch when he's going somewhere in his car and offers to drop you off at a restaurant on his way etc and free bread and jam in the morning was a definite plus.

Such a cozy hostel. Ticks all the boxes and in a good location. Hiro, who runs the place is extremely lovely and helpful. He keeps the fires going all evening so no matter how cold it is outside the common space is toasty warm! Just don't forget to bring waterproof shoes!!

Thank you for the mochi, it was delicious.

• 5th Jan 2016

Hire, the owner, is super nice and helped me plan my trip, cooked food for us and did the dishes (after he lost rock paper scissors). This hostel is very convenient for sightseeing, has a nice atmosphere and is very clean! I would recommend it to everyone. Winter in Nikko can get cold but there are a lot of heaters at the hostel and blankets: in Nikkorisou you will never get cold!

I enjoyed my visit to Nikko, however the hostel was a bit awkward. To be honest, the staff wasn't rude and was helpful, but, compared to the number of other hostels I've stayed at, they were much less than friendly. This is the first time I've traveled in a guy/girl pair, so perhaps it is considered polite to leave a guy and girl to themselves, but I know we certainly didn't feel the most welcome, particularly in the common room where the staff and other visitors were having a potluck dinner.

Thank you for stay at my place:) Oh that's to bad. I'm sorry for I made your feel not comfortable at that time. It was difficult to recognizance what you want talk with other guys or not. Some of them ,They doesn't want to talk with other guys. Which mean it really important of talking. But I tried follow each traveler of style of stay. When i talk with guest i going to catch little bit of feel from my guests . Anyway It was sorry about that. And have a great trip in Japan. Take care

We have a very nice stay in Nikkorisou. It's like your staying at home.👘😉😊 The view at the terrace with the autumn foliage and the river below is so nice to look at. 🍁🏡 the location is just a few steps from bus stop number 7..

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Philippines

This is a very cozy hostel with a big common room, in room lockers and exceptionally helpful and kind staff. Would reccomend staying here!

Very nice stay in nikko. warm host, only one in charge of everything but you can see how much he loves this place. every detail shows his warmth. you can even see the river running through form the living room. For whomever looking for a home-like stay, it˙s a top choice. The location is perfect. it˙s right at the beginning of every slight-seeing spot, and its close to she spot seeing night autumn leaves.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Taiwan

Very nice hostel. Great atmosphere and Hiro is also really friendly. Felt more like a home than a Hostel. Also very good place to meet fellow travellers. Totally recommend! Only if you have big luggage you might want to sent it to your next place ahead, since rooms a bit tiny (like almost everywhere in Japan).

• 4th Nov 2015

What a lovely hostel! You'll feel at home with all facilities you need. The location is right at the famous bridge. The staff is helpful.

Thank you for everything, Hiro! I loved my stay in Nikko and only wish I could have stayed longer. I hope to visit again!

Clean and comfortable hostel; Nice Staff; Location close to the temples

Nikkorisou was super close to the main heritage sites ! Literally right next to Shinkyo bridge. Hiro was super friendly and answered any questions us travellers had ! Everything was clean and the beds were comfortable. I would highly recommend staying here when you come to Nikko.

• 22nd Oct 2015

I had a perfect stay at nikkorisou. The owner is extremely hospitable and welcoming, making his guesthouse feel like it's your home as well. The atmosphere and decor are also cozy and wonderful! The location was perfect, being right next to the major sights and only a 1 minute walk to the bus stop. Definietely recommend staying here!

My favourite hostel in Japan.Cozy backpacker atmosphere (often missing in Japan). You have every thing you need in the kitchen, the living area is great to socialise with the owner and other travellers. One morning we even got pancakes :) Location is good, it's really easy to get to the hostel from the station (also with the bus if you don't want to walk, all stations are clearly called out in English on the bus) and perfect location to visit the shrines or take the bus to the mountain

Very cute, relaxed hostel in a great location!

Thank you for such a nice weekend! Everything was clean, the place is very safe and just a few steps from Shinkyo bridge! I want to go back and have Sukiyaki for dinner again! haha

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Mexico

Hiro-San is such a talented artist and a really nice hostel owner. The location is so close to everything I wanted to see; the hangout space was just perfect; the food available for purchase was appreciated on a rainy day; the breakfast option was delicious and fun

Nikkorisou is fantastic. I was exhausted the night I stayed in Nikko, and slept like a log at Nikkorisou! Very comfy beds with nice privacy curtain. The atmosphere is very fun and cozy. I wish I stayed here for longer, because it seemed to have a warm, social vibe as well. The owner is very friendly and was happy to hear I slept like a baby for 10 hours.

Nice clean hostel, with small guesthouse atmosphere. Great location for sights but less so for food etc because its a small town and things close early. Other places in Nikko would have the same problem though.