Nikkorisou Reviews

1107 kamihatsuishimachi nikko city, Nikko, Japan

Very adorable and homey hostel in a good location. Great atmosphere, relaxed and casual, cute decorations, and very helpful staff and information. Only one shower, but it's a small hostel, and it wasn't a problem for me.

• 29th Jul 2015

A very beautiful spot, and you'll feel like your sharing a house. The host is very friendly and genuine, he'll help you out with whatever you need. Great stay.

Great place for quiet relaxation close to the attractions of the Nikko

Had a wonderful stay at Nikkorisou! The location is perfect for Nikko, and Hiro is very friendly and helpful. Thank you for everything Hiro!

Nice, small hostel that offers everything you need. Great location, close to train station (only 5 min by bus) en right next to the famous bridge!

It was a perfect stay! I felt like staying at a friend's house rather than a hostel. The host Hiro is actually so nice. You can walk to the Sacred Bridge in less than a minute and their's a balcony to the river behind the hostel too. Canmt be more satisfied :)

It is a very cozy place with great atmosphere, really close to the world heritage area and many restaurant.

Im sure Hiro has a good heart but this was the worst stay I ever experienced. I asked if I could cook after checkout and Hiro said yes. When I did he started to make a huge scene. So apparently there was a misunderstanding. I even apologized but Hiro made such a scene for 45min (!) my legs started shaking it was so stressful and awkward and shocking. It was unbelievable. The location is amazing and the house is cute. But my experience makes it impossible to recommend this place.

Excellent place to stay in Nikko! This hostel is the closest to the main attractions - the world heritage site - which you can walk to. It's also very close to a bus stop you can take to Chuzenji Lake. The proprietor, Hiro, is a really great guy - very friendly and helpful. He helped me plan my itinerary in the Chuzenji area and recommended places to eat in Nikko. Nikko is a quiet town but Hiro makes it seem more lively. I would stay here again!

• 2nd Jul 2015

This is a lovely homely hostel with a great host and in a great area. It was very personal and it was lovely to chat with Hiro the owner. The facilities were great and I would definitely stay here again!

The atmosphere is awesome in this hotel. Full with cute drawing in this house with plenty of travel information. Great local and super clean. And I had great conversation with the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel for everyone.

nice hostel but boring owner. strict rules hanged everywhere left us a bad felling about the place. anyway, the place is OK.

This place is just awesome. Hiro is the best. You feel more like at a friends place than in a hostel. The common area is really cozy and the dormbeds have curtains so you have some privacy in the dorm. You can sign up for breakfast, which was really good. And if the weather is nice, like in my case, it is on his beautiful riverside balcony.

This is a great place to stay in this beautyful surrounding! The owner is realy interrested in his guests and that they feel well. As we were not so many people at our stay, he invited us for a daytrip to the hillside with his car, what was a great experience! You can meet others at the nice shared livingroom with kitchen. You can reach the sights by walking very easy, also to reach Form trainstation is easy by bus or foot. Moreover it is very clean and quiet for sleeping well.

• 25th May 2015

A perfect place to stay at in Nikko! Will definitely stay there if I will ever go back to Nikko again :)

Beautiful place, hiro the owner is a fellow traveler and you can see this in the way he styles his hostel. Very cosy, and hiro's a really nice man. He shares his food with you and will help you as much as he can. Stay here and enhance your stay in nikko!

Hiro was an amazing host. The hostel is really clean, cozy and chill. The location is also very good, only a few minutes away from the temples.

Hiro is great! the location perfect !

Great hostel close to all of the main sights in Nikko.

good location and relaxed. Late check in is a bit annoying as 15:00 is pretty much a quarter of the day gone.