Nimmos Hostel Reviews

1 Upper Dominick Street, Galway, Ireland

Very unpleasant smell of urine upon opening the door at main entrance, no key provided or available for the room. Room extremely small for an 8 dorm room.....is that even legal? The whole building was in some serious need of TLC, Rotting threadbare carpets, skirtings not fixed and thrown under beds...a big manhole sized hole in ceiling...some serious refurbishment is needed in this establishment....if I could put the above text into one word it would be DESPERATE!!!....Well you did ask..... :(

• 2nd Jul 2015

Place was really dirty and the doors didn't lock and there was no where to keep your things locked up. The place could really use an update.

• 19th Jun 2015

I'm really glad I stayed here. If you're looking for a cheap, basic place to stay this is it. Don't expect bright and shiny, it's a little worn down but worth the money absolutely. It was close to empty when I stayed so I was able to enjoy some quiet. The man who runs the hostel is welcoming and nice, I enjoyed our conversations, I would definitely stay here again.

I wouldn't recommend this hostel. The staff was lovely and very helpful but the hostel was rough enough

This is fine for a short stay. Met awesome people, had a good time in Galway. But the hostel doesn't have wifi (well it does, but doesn't work), my sheets were stained, the room was dirty, outlets rolled in-and-out with power, the front door was unlocked. Bathroom are ok but co-ed.

Noise from nearby pub was so disgusting at night and can't sleep till 2:45am

Shower's were a disgrace to be completely honest! No lockable doors, just the glass sliding doors and filthy, one even had a pane of glass missing meaning the shower was just open to the room. Bedding was clean though bunk beds were also filthy. Daren't use the kitchen after that. Though for €6 a night I suppose you can't expect much! Alright for a stop off overnight assuming you'll be too drunk to notice when you get in.

Although this isn't a luxurious hostel, the overall atmosphere and location is awesome for meeting people from all over. It is loud at night, but if you want to experience Ireland the right way, you will most likely be going out anyways so that won't matter! All in all, a wonderful experienx

Felt quite unsafe. This hostel is definitely just a place to crash. NEVERTHELESS, had a blast here, met awesome travelers, and enjoyed my time!

I just stayed in this hostel because it was the cheapest one, I wouldn't stay there again or recommend it to anyone. The neighbourhood is very noisy. There was hair in my bed linen.

Very cool and relaxed place to stay. Good location. We were well received by the iconic landlord of the hostel. For sure I'll definitely return.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

The manager is a friendly little fellow and the commons are always full of cool folks. The location is off the beaten path from the bus station but its worth it because its by the main street. The building is a little rundown but it didn't even phase me. The bathrooms are coed and the dorms are personal!!

There is no reception and the man who owns the place isn't always there. We had to ask help to someone to get into the place because after ringing the bell a few times no one came to open to us. The entrance smelled really bad and it wasn't really clean. However, the beds were okay and the bathrooms had been renovated and were ok although one of the two toilets couldn't be used.

well, this hostel is fine if you want to spend only few nights in Galway and you're a very easy-going person. The bedroom was cold because of a broken window. Wi-Fi and sockets didn't work. Bathroom and sheets not really clean. The only good thing is the position

• 31st May 2015

Basic, but cheap and convienent

• 31st May 2015

The hostel is very well situated, close to the river and to many nice pubs. It was nice and quiet when I was there, staff is friendly and helpful. Thank you :)

Excellent value for money and you can't put a price on the value of the man who took my booking, so helpful and even offered to help me out when I was in dire straits when the town was booked out for the Sat night! Great location and recommend to any traveller on a budget.

I stayed here for one night during my weekend away. We were three girls in a 8 Bed Dorm. I didn't enjoyed my stay that much, I don't think I will come back, even though if you are looking for a place just for sleeping (quite noisy during the weekend) and you don't expect a lot this can be okay..really low price as well!

Good value for money in terms of cheap accommodation for a night - great if the only wish you have is to have a bed, showers/facilities and a kitchen. Don't go there if you expect anything more! :D During weekends, this place is a favourite for all kinds of groups, which tend to be quite noisy! :D

This hostel was such a value! The man working the reception was super friendly and the bedrooms were very clean. There were outlets and a light for every bed. Wifi was spotty in the rooms during peak hours. Great hostel for the price though and would definitely stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3