Nimmos Hostel Reviews

1 Upper Dominick Street, Galway, Ireland

the owner is really sound, roisin dubh right beside it cant get any better!

Top notch place. Rooms are great and the owner is a great bloke

• 15th Jan 2016

Perfect for a place to stay after a night out in Galway. Rooms are basic, comfortable beds. Owner was so lovely as we lost our room key when my bag was stolen. He was so lovely and understanding, really made a difference. Kitchen and shower facilities are good. Good location

was the cheapest in town need refurbishment but was ok

This hostel was a good surprise for me, I should stay only few days and I couldn't leave, great atmosphere, probably the best hostel!

This is an hostel for people without too much preference and where you have to be use to share places whit other pople. In more the old man Johny, the only hostel staff, is very nice! Advice to all who wants to stay in a chep place.

• 5th Dec 2015

Top notch place. Pirce and value one of the best hostels I've stayed in

• 5th Dec 2015

I had to cancel my stay but my friends stayed and had an amazing weekend! They were nice enough not to charge me but I know Galway really well and the location is perfect for Galway!! My friends had no complaints and we extremely happy and it is a bargain!

• 28th Nov 2015

Absolutely disgusting. This place is filthy and wasn't cleaned once our entire stay. The toilets and the showers, constantly covered in pee and hair. The curtains in the bedroom and the ceilings were covered in spore mold. It was cold and damp, and the carpets smelled like they had never been cleaned. The owner would bust into the bedrooms without knocking, he did this once while we were getting changed and then left the door wide open. Horrible. Pay the extra money and stay somewhere decent.

Hostel was in a great location. We were only there for the night so werent able to capitalize on the nearby entertainment. Pub right outside door of hostel. Seems like a great party place. Beds all had their own outlets, USB port, and light.

You get what you paid for! Cheap & Cheerful & Night Club in Basement!

Awful place, at least when I was there, VERY NOISY, rooms dirty, broken glass on floor, no one seemed to be in charge or give a damn what was going on

• 26th Oct 2015

I didn't get to sleep until 6am cos of the noise from the nightclub below; the windows didn't block any noise and earplugs didn't help. The building needs TLC and a serious clean-up.

Not far from city center, but tucked in a corner and hard to find. The walk upstairs was very dirty, run down, smelled like pee, and we noticed a cockroach at night. There was only one man working there. Very nice, but hard to find. The bathroom facilities weren't dirty, but only one of the three toilets worked and the shower had a see through glass door. The sleep facilities were clean enough, but the club downstairs kept us up until 3am. Not bad if it's just for a place to sleep for one night

t'was the business like , you know what I mean like , in and out of doors like and giddy up

• 9th Oct 2015

Pretty basic but hey its 9 euro.

First it's and old building, wich means everything is really old. Second the place is really weird and scary. Do you know when you don't feel safe? This is the problem there. Besides they only accepted cash instead of debit card.

Great people great hostel great staff

The hostel was filthy and really run down but bed was clean. Staff were friendly and it was cheap to stay but wouldn't like stay again.

Easy to find..close to the city center which was nice. The kitchen was nicely stocked with everything you could need to cook..lots of room in the fridges and free toast and tea all day was nice. Only drawback was it was right on top of the roisin dubh which was noisy throughout the entire night. But for a cheap spot to stay for a few days you can't beat it

« first « Prev 1 2 3