Nimmos Hostel Reviews

1 Upper Dominick Street, Galway, Ireland

Super nice people, great atmosphere! Showers are all new and mostly clean! Best hostel for people that want to party in galway... Everyone in the hostel is really relaxed. If u are looking for a quiet hostel it's definitely not the right one for u but if u just want to have a great time, meet cool people and party than nimmos is the place for u!

• 12th Sep 2014

I have been few more times in this hostel and i have always been happy, but the last time my friends and me had a problem with other people in the bedroom and when i complained to the manager she did nothing. The argentine girl is useless.

in 500 characters I can´t really say anything. But ok, 1. There are two showers and 3 toilets PER FLOOR. 2. Mostly all rooms are open, no one wants to pay the deposit to get the keys and the rooms keep open all the time. 3.There is no reception, just an elderly man in 1 of the rooms and you have to know that and get to find him. 4. the worse one. If you´re unlucky and get the window to Dominik st it´s impossible to sleep owing to all the noise, plus people partying in the hostel.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Spain

The doors have no lock, meaning people can sneak into your room whenever they wish! The hostel's door was also open at all times, meaning outsiders could sneak into it whenever they please. I was given a pass to open the door, but I never used it because the door was open all times. The room which I stayed in had only one socket (for 12 people!). The bathroom was impeccable, I'll admit that. Wouldn't come back again if I knew no major improvements had been made ever since my last visit.

The security was pretty low but you can not beat the awesome atmosphere, location, and awesome staff (Jim). I met some of the most amazing ppl on my trip here. No private bathrooms but the location is just so excellent. Loved nimmos!

Nice and cheap hostel, very close to the Spanish Arch and 15 min away from the coach station. The manager (?) was very nice and friendly, and the atmosphere was very "backpackery". Free toast and coffee for breakfast. The street was quite noisy at night, and this was on a Monday, so if you're a light sleeper, make sure to bring earplugs. We loved the purple sheets! :D We only used the toilet on the top floor, but we were pleasantly surprised to find out it was quite modern and clean.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Spain

We walked in to the hostel scared. There were no locked doors. The front door was tucked away in almost a small alley. The first thing we noticed was a sign "if your linen isn't clean please inform staff". Shouldn't it be a given that your linen is clean? We paid, but pondered if we would stay over dinner, leaving our backpacks back at the hostel while we were out. All we could think about was whether or not they would still be there when we returned. We decided to find somewhere else to stay

• 15th Aug 2014

Jim is rad!

• 14th Aug 2014

There were no real staff members, because they are on holidays and there was only one old man, who was nice, but a little confused. We couldn't close one window in our 10 bed dorm, so it was a little cold and since there was a bar directly opposite (which we recommend;)), it was also really loud at night, especially on the weekends.

The general cleanliness could be improved. There were beer cans and broken bottles around the entrance, and the kitchen (especially the refrigerators) really needed cleaning. The staff were quite nice and friendly.

-- rooms without key

The only good thing was the location. I was afraid to go in when I first saw the property. Is not really clean and there is actually no staff just a man running the business. Security, doesn't exists. You must leave your belongings under your bed because it has none lockers. I spent just two night but I will never come back.

• 4th Aug 2014

We came as a group of four people and we couldn't pay separately. The other thing that bodered us was that staff had no control, who is in the hostel- hostel was full of people, who didn't payed. It was very clean though.

The hostel was dirty and untidy. The staff didn't tell us anything about Galway city.

The owner of this hostel was incredibly nice and curious. He made sure the place was extremely clean. That being said, we went to this hostel on the weekend of the Galway races. There is a bar downstairs that blares music until 6am. Many of the people staying partied all night long loudly and left a mess of puke in the bathroom. I would say that many of the patrons are Inconciderate but I'm sure it depends. It was ok for a few nights but I wouldn't recommend it on race weekend.

• 1st Aug 2014

At first glance Nimmos is not too easy on the eyes but our room was perfect, the owner was sound and the craic was had!

• 30th Jul 2014

Bookked to stay during raceweek. Didn't like it whatsoever. Location was grand and that's about it. No ladder to top bunk. No rail. Room door could be pushed open if wanted. Might as well have had me bed in the street below the noise. Was that bad. Paid for 4 nights for the 4 of us Stayed the first night and slept for 1 hour. Bolted at 9 am the next morning and didn't return.

• 28th Jul 2014

The street right beside our room was really noisy during the night (weekend) but the man whose the hostel is was nice and the room ok. Good mood.

No lockers, but the hostel is in a great location! Very noisy at night however

The hostel is located near the city centre and if you come to Galway to party, it's a great hostel to stay with. If you want to sleep before 2 o'clock, you may look for another hostel, because under the hostel are a few pubs and nightclubs, so it can be really loud! For Breakfast you get toast. The beds were clean and the bathrooms were okay, too. There is free wifi and the kitchen/sittingroom is great too cook and meet other people!

« first « Prev 1 2 3