Nimmos Hostel Reviews

1 Upper Dominick Street, Galway, Ireland

It's a good value but at night it's very noisy because of the pubs in front of the hostel. For me that was the main disadvantage.

The organization at cheking in the hotel was not very professional, but the staff was nice. I specially liked the location of the hostel, and the room and beds were clean. But the heating system wasn't well located in my room, I had a electrical big radiator working too close , in front of my head.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Spain

There were some maintenance and cleanliness issues while I stayed there. One of the doors in the bathroom was broken, the door leading into the bathroom was broken, and the main light in the room I stayed in did not work. The bathroom was a community bathroom, which made me uncomfortable when guys came in.

• 16th Oct 2014

This hostel was SO cheap, and even though it said it doesn't include breakfast, toast with all different kinds of jams are provided, as well as coffee! It is in a great location as well!

• 11th Oct 2014

Sky, the manager, was very friendly and talkative. The place was pretty empty when we were there but had a nice relaxed feel to it. No complaints really. All around a nice hostel.

the location is on Dominick st, our dorm is on the 4th floor and i could hear the loud music and people talking from my room. :(

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Don't stay in a mixed dorm. 10 people all together smells especially when you aren't allowed to open the window. The wifi was very in and out. Beds were fine and clean sheets and blanket. The showers were awkward. Had to press them every 15 seconds and full of hair. No soap at the sink bring some or sanitizer. Lovely owner.

• 26th Sep 2014

It was a good hostel for the price, rooms and bathroom were clean and there was free tea, coffee and toast in the morning which was useful. I would stay here again if I needed somewhere cheap and easy as it is very centrally located.

i was shocked that people rate this hostel so poorly :) I was really enjoying my stay there :)

The hostel is very cheap in its prices and so cheap is the location in real, too! It was dirty, no security, everyone, who know the password (which we got on little sheet) could get into the hostel. I won't book this hostel in future again. At least, the hostel was near the centre of Galway and the woman on the reception was friendly...

• 20th Sep 2014

Didnt like the place at all! Would stay again. Smelled like rats in the hallway. Rooms were pretty dirty.

Almost went to look for a b

Super nice people, great atmosphere! Showers are all new and mostly clean! Best hostel for people that want to party in galway... Everyone in the hostel is really relaxed. If u are looking for a quiet hostel it's definitely not the right one for u but if u just want to have a great time, meet cool people and party than nimmos is the place for u!

• 12th Sep 2014

I have been few more times in this hostel and i have always been happy, but the last time my friends and me had a problem with other people in the bedroom and when i complained to the manager she did nothing. The argentine girl is useless.

in 500 characters I can´t really say anything. But ok, 1. There are two showers and 3 toilets PER FLOOR. 2. Mostly all rooms are open, no one wants to pay the deposit to get the keys and the rooms keep open all the time. 3.There is no reception, just an elderly man in 1 of the rooms and you have to know that and get to find him. 4. the worse one. If you´re unlucky and get the window to Dominik st it´s impossible to sleep owing to all the noise, plus people partying in the hostel.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Spain

The doors have no lock, meaning people can sneak into your room whenever they wish! The hostel's door was also open at all times, meaning outsiders could sneak into it whenever they please. I was given a pass to open the door, but I never used it because the door was open all times. The room which I stayed in had only one socket (for 12 people!). The bathroom was impeccable, I'll admit that. Wouldn't come back again if I knew no major improvements had been made ever since my last visit.

The security was pretty low but you can not beat the awesome atmosphere, location, and awesome staff (Jim). I met some of the most amazing ppl on my trip here. No private bathrooms but the location is just so excellent. Loved nimmos!

Nice and cheap hostel, very close to the Spanish Arch and 15 min away from the coach station. The manager (?) was very nice and friendly, and the atmosphere was very "backpackery". Free toast and coffee for breakfast. The street was quite noisy at night, and this was on a Monday, so if you're a light sleeper, make sure to bring earplugs. We loved the purple sheets! :D We only used the toilet on the top floor, but we were pleasantly surprised to find out it was quite modern and clean.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Spain

We walked in to the hostel scared. There were no locked doors. The front door was tucked away in almost a small alley. The first thing we noticed was a sign "if your linen isn't clean please inform staff". Shouldn't it be a given that your linen is clean? We paid, but pondered if we would stay over dinner, leaving our backpacks back at the hostel while we were out. All we could think about was whether or not they would still be there when we returned. We decided to find somewhere else to stay

• 15th Aug 2014