Nimmos Hostel Reviews

1 Upper Dominick Street, Galway, Ireland

We didn't even stay in this hostel. I have stayed in some pretty bad places but this place was the worst. Nobody even answered the door when we tried to check in. A guest walking out let us in. The staff wasn't there and a guest suggested we leave our things by the trash. The entire place was filthy and it looked like it was out of a horror movie. It's certainly the cheapest place in Galway but it is worth the extra money to book a place you can actually stay in.

Very dirty, uncomfortable beds, cramped conditions, heater was broken, toilets were an absolute state wasn't great overall but it was cheap so what was I expecting

• 14th Nov 2014

There was no manager present to check us in at our check-in time. We waited for a half an hour until someone finally came. When we were checked in, we were not given a key and they kept the door to our room unlocked. The place was also a mess! Very filthy! Trash everywhere going up the stairs. Not recommended!!!

Good hostel.

Occasional bathroom cleaning would be appreciated as well as doors on the showers.

Dining area is where people meet up and have a little chat, it's nice equipped and got all the things you need basically. Rooms are simple and comfy, got this little night light for each bed, it's sweet! And of course one plug for each bed. Sometimes there's no heating in the bedroom but it doesn't really freezes you, the blanket/quilt is warm enough. Showers are nice, need to press the button ev' few seconds but that's fine, no shelves. Toilets are clean. Staffs are super nice and easy going.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Very gentle stuff, giving advice, if asked for. Very nice hostel. Next time again!

• 26th Oct 2014

It's a good value but at night it's very noisy because of the pubs in front of the hostel. For me that was the main disadvantage.

The organization at cheking in the hotel was not very professional, but the staff was nice. I specially liked the location of the hostel, and the room and beds were clean. But the heating system wasn't well located in my room, I had a electrical big radiator working too close , in front of my head.

The staff were so friendly, but the bedding was so dirty. The bathrooms were also quite filthy, and there was no hot water. I just wish it had been more clean.

• 16th Oct 2014

There were some maintenance and cleanliness issues while I stayed there. One of the doors in the bathroom was broken, the door leading into the bathroom was broken, and the main light in the room I stayed in did not work. The bathroom was a community bathroom, which made me uncomfortable when guys came in.

• 16th Oct 2014

This hostel was SO cheap, and even though it said it doesn't include breakfast, toast with all different kinds of jams are provided, as well as coffee! It is in a great location as well!

• 11th Oct 2014

Sky, the manager, was very friendly and talkative. The place was pretty empty when we were there but had a nice relaxed feel to it. No complaints really. All around a nice hostel.

the location is on Dominick st, our dorm is on the 4th floor and i could hear the loud music and people talking from my room. :(

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Don't stay in a mixed dorm. 10 people all together smells especially when you aren't allowed to open the window. The wifi was very in and out. Beds were fine and clean sheets and blanket. The showers were awkward. Had to press them every 15 seconds and full of hair. No soap at the sink bring some or sanitizer. Lovely owner.

• 26th Sep 2014

It was a good hostel for the price, rooms and bathroom were clean and there was free tea, coffee and toast in the morning which was useful. I would stay here again if I needed somewhere cheap and easy as it is very centrally located.

i was shocked that people rate this hostel so poorly :) I was really enjoying my stay there :)

The hostel is very cheap in its prices and so cheap is the location in real, too! It was dirty, no security, everyone, who know the password (which we got on little sheet) could get into the hostel. I won't book this hostel in future again. At least, the hostel was near the centre of Galway and the woman on the reception was friendly...

Didnt like the place at all! Would stay again. Smelled like rats in the hallway. Rooms were pretty dirty.

Almost went to look for a b

« first « Prev 1 2 3