Nimmos Hostel Reviews

1 Upper Dominick Street, Galway, Ireland

Friendly host and very helpfully cheap bed for the night in central city .Clean it up a bit would help a lot

Jim running day reception is a ledge. Rooms were spotless, sink in the room eased my before-bed routine. Beds are incredibly comfy. Shower situation was terrible though. Only 2 for the floor, one of the showers was missing a glass panel on the door, deeming it unusable by anyone. Caused a little queue for the showers. 15-20 minute walk away from town, but close to the canal which is gorgeous. Free toast and spreads for breakfast. No lockers. Terrible wifi.

Great hostel clean room and good cleaning facililities and kitchen and common room

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Eva and Fleure the Nimmos is not as charming as it used to be the last time. The receptionist is very often simply gone. are standing of a locked door... That's not fun. And how he was talking to us was and not even tried to himself when we told him that what he said was and that he was abusive towards us. He changed the beds by climbing into the beds with his shoes of the street... When something is missing he told me that he cannot that something gets stolen, instead of writing it down...

After reading some of the more negative reviews of this hostel, we were slightly apprehensive about staying here. It turned out that our concerns were unfounded. As long as you aren't expecting a hotel, Nimmos is a great place. It was easy to find (there's a giant mural on the wall by the entrance that says "Nimmos"), and it's very close to the main tourist areas of Galway. Also, each of the beds had outlets and a small light next to them, which was extremely convenient.

• 18th Jul 2015

had a lock on my room but no locker, which wouldn't be a problem provided the "local girls" who came to party on the weekend didn't bring strangers into the room. I woke up to 15 people in my 12 bed female only dorm. After fully changing in the morning I noticed one of them was a guy, completely awake and staring in my direction. Thanks nimmos for ensuring our safety. Also, bathrooms were co-ed. Two showers which provided no place to change but out in the open, hoping no men walked in.

The key to our room wasn't working initially, one of the showers was missing part of the door, and the wifi hardly worked. Great location though?

The showers need serious improvement and cleaning (for the cleaning part the guests are responsible for leaving the facilities in a very poor state, but i stayed 3 nights and never found the bathroom cleaned). The beds are good, only problem is the noise coming from the pub downstairs, but there's nothing that can be done for that. Staff was friendly, as well as other guests. Overall ok for a short stay if you don't mind the noise and are not too bothered by a dirty bathroom.

• 14th Jul 2015

Didn't actually stay the second night even though had paid for it.

• 6th Jul 2015

We arrived and the kitchen was extremely dirty, had to wash other people's dishes so that we could make our supper. The bed had a stain that looked like urine in it and the bedroom doors did not have keys. Open door policy I guess. The common room had a party going on until about 3 am which made it very hard to sleep. If you are 18 and want to party, good hostel. But not for anyone who appreciates cleanliness

Staff were lovely! Rooms and toilets very clean .. Only one problem I found was there was only three toilets among three rooms and with one mirror . Located in a handy spot , easy to find and great value for your money!

• 5th Jul 2015

Very unpleasant smell of urine upon opening the door at main entrance, no key provided or available for the room. Room extremely small for an 8 dorm room.....is that even legal? The whole building was in some serious need of TLC, Rotting threadbare carpets, skirtings not fixed and thrown under beds...a big manhole sized hole in ceiling...some serious refurbishment is needed in this establishment....if I could put the above text into one word it would be DESPERATE!!!....Well you did ask..... :(

• 2nd Jul 2015

Place was really dirty and the doors didn't lock and there was no where to keep your things locked up. The place could really use an update.

• 19th Jun 2015

I'm really glad I stayed here. If you're looking for a cheap, basic place to stay this is it. Don't expect bright and shiny, it's a little worn down but worth the money absolutely. It was close to empty when I stayed so I was able to enjoy some quiet. The man who runs the hostel is welcoming and nice, I enjoyed our conversations, I would definitely stay here again.

I wouldn't recommend this hostel. The staff was lovely and very helpful but the hostel was rough enough

This is fine for a short stay. Met awesome people, had a good time in Galway. But the hostel doesn't have wifi (well it does, but doesn't work), my sheets were stained, the room was dirty, outlets rolled in-and-out with power, the front door was unlocked. Bathroom are ok but co-ed.

Noise from nearby pub was so disgusting at night and can't sleep till 2:45am

Shower's were a disgrace to be completely honest! No lockable doors, just the glass sliding doors and filthy, one even had a pane of glass missing meaning the shower was just open to the room. Bedding was clean though bunk beds were also filthy. Daren't use the kitchen after that. Though for €6 a night I suppose you can't expect much! Alright for a stop off overnight assuming you'll be too drunk to notice when you get in.

Although this isn't a luxurious hostel, the overall atmosphere and location is awesome for meeting people from all over. It is loud at night, but if you want to experience Ireland the right way, you will most likely be going out anyways so that won't matter! All in all, a wonderful experienx

Felt quite unsafe. This hostel is definitely just a place to crash. NEVERTHELESS, had a blast here, met awesome travelers, and enjoyed my time!

« first « Prev 1 2 3