Nimmos Hostel Reviews

1 Upper Dominick Street, Galway, Ireland

There is no reception and the man who owns the place isn't always there. We had to ask help to someone to get into the place because after ringing the bell a few times no one came to open to us. The entrance smelled really bad and it wasn't really clean. However, the beds were okay and the bathrooms had been renovated and were ok although one of the two toilets couldn't be used.

well, this hostel is fine if you want to spend only few nights in Galway and you're a very easy-going person. The bedroom was cold because of a broken window. Wi-Fi and sockets didn't work. Bathroom and sheets not really clean. The only good thing is the position

• 31st May 2015

Basic, but cheap and convienent

• 31st May 2015

The hostel is very well situated, close to the river and to many nice pubs. It was nice and quiet when I was there, staff is friendly and helpful. Thank you :)

Excellent value for money and you can't put a price on the value of the man who took my booking, so helpful and even offered to help me out when I was in dire straits when the town was booked out for the Sat night! Great location and recommend to any traveller on a budget.

I stayed here for one night during my weekend away. We were three girls in a 8 Bed Dorm. I didn't enjoyed my stay that much, I don't think I will come back, even though if you are looking for a place just for sleeping (quite noisy during the weekend) and you don't expect a lot this can be okay..really low price as well!

Good value for money in terms of cheap accommodation for a night - great if the only wish you have is to have a bed, showers/facilities and a kitchen. Don't go there if you expect anything more! :D During weekends, this place is a favourite for all kinds of groups, which tend to be quite noisy! :D

This hostel was such a value! The man working the reception was super friendly and the bedrooms were very clean. There were outlets and a light for every bed. Wifi was spotty in the rooms during peak hours. Great hostel for the price though and would definitely stay again.

It's near city centre,so we can find there easily. So location is excellent! In addition to that,the staff and guests are really kind. We could have a great time! Thank you.

Not the most modern but good for low maintenance travelers.

Loved staying there.

• 8th May 2015
  • South Africa

It was a very well-located hostel. The man who works there was really nice with us and that made our staying more comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

Very good value for money!

Great value for money. Enjoyed my stay noisy at night but that's to be expected in the location.

• 11th Apr 2015

Great spot, just what we had hoped for

• 4th Apr 2015

My friends and I had a great stay at Nimmos Hostel. We were a bit worried after we read the reviews but thought we give it a shot. And we didn´t regret it. The owner is a cute and friendly guy. The bathrooms and the kitchen seem pretty new. The rooms and the beds were clean and our roommates were all friendly. The rooms don´t have locks but that´s not unusually in hostels. For breakfast there is toast and jam which is even typical for more expensive hostels. We would go there again!

• 4th Apr 2015

Not as good as many other hostels but once you find your place and know the strange system there it is ok. Kitchen is a scramble as its hard to find anything that you may want to use. Cleanliness could be improved but is not that bad it is not stay able. Just enjoy the different is what I can only say.

• 4th Apr 2015

Wifi connection sucks! Had a very bad experience staying there.

Cheap and excellent atmosphere the saturday night !

is exactly as an hostel must be, all the essential thing, most of space in common and not too much privacy, but that is good to know new people, maybe someone in your dormitory or someone you just meet outside smoking. The hostel is always full, so the fun is guarantee!!

• 27th Mar 2015