Nimmos Hostel Reviews

1 Upper Dominick Street, Galway, Ireland

Not the most modern but good for low maintenance travelers.

Loved staying there.

• 8th May 2015
  • South Africa

It was a very well-located hostel. The man who works there was really nice with us and that made our staying more comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

Very good value for money!

Great value for money. Enjoyed my stay noisy at night but that's to be expected in the location.

• 11th Apr 2015

Great spot, just what we had hoped for

• 4th Apr 2015

My friends and I had a great stay at Nimmos Hostel. We were a bit worried after we read the reviews but thought we give it a shot. And we didn´t regret it. The owner is a cute and friendly guy. The bathrooms and the kitchen seem pretty new. The rooms and the beds were clean and our roommates were all friendly. The rooms don´t have locks but that´s not unusually in hostels. For breakfast there is toast and jam which is even typical for more expensive hostels. We would go there again!

• 4th Apr 2015

Not as good as many other hostels but once you find your place and know the strange system there it is ok. Kitchen is a scramble as its hard to find anything that you may want to use. Cleanliness could be improved but is not that bad it is not stay able. Just enjoy the different is what I can only say.

• 4th Apr 2015

Wifi connection sucks! Had a very bad experience staying there.

Cheap and excellent atmosphere the saturday night !

is exactly as an hostel must be, all the essential thing, most of space in common and not too much privacy, but that is good to know new people, maybe someone in your dormitory or someone you just meet outside smoking. The hostel is always full, so the fun is guarantee!!

• 27th Mar 2015

We stayed in a 12 bed dorm with no locks on the door. The only locks were on the front door. Quite a chilly building. Shared bathroom for each floor with frosted glass shower doors and no where to put your clothes.

It was great fun, but a little old and out of date. Especially since none of the rooms had a key for you to get in your room. You had to knock on the door and hope someone was in there to let you in. The front desk is also in the kitchen, but there is rarely someone sitting there to help you check in or out. I would for sure stay there again though.

The owner is really helpful and always up for a chat. The hostel has a huge lounge with cooking facilities where all people are meeting. Easy to make new friends and enjoy a beer in one of the pubs out in the streets. The only problem was that we couldnt open the window at all and the heating was fully running.It was way too hot. Bathrooms are shared, males and females. All in all it was a really nice stay, depends on your standards.

The hostel is almost surrounded by bars so you won't get much sleep till they all close down which is around 3 am.Overall the hostel has everything you need clean bed ,nice showers and self catering kitchen.I will definitely recommend this hostel and I'll stay there again.

You get what you pay for. Security was pretty rubbish, I don' think we had to use the access code once during our stay as the door was always open. I wouldn't stay as a lone traveler. Staff were friendly and quite accommodating, happy to add an extra mattress to our dorm so nobody had to stay alone. It was noisy, bring earplugs if you want to sleep. The location was excellent if you wanted to be in the middle of the city though. It wasn't particularly clean.

• 7th Mar 2015

Apart from the weather conditions, we had a great time!! Thank you Nimo for a lovely welcome!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

Very loud with street noise. The place was... Dingy, I guess would be a good way of putting it. Cheap, but not really worth it.

Nimmos is the cheapest place to stay in Galway. I have to say it is one of the least good hostels i have stayed in, though the owner/manager is a nice chap. It's probably not to place to go if one is looking for a good night's sleep. The hostel is located near two of Galway's premier live music venues so there was a lot of noise. Other guests were rowdy and uncontrolled.

Nimmos is in a very loud location. Expect excessive noise from outside between 11pm and 4am (rock bands, yelling, taxis honking). The staff was very friendly. The beds were okay, but the bathrooms were less than satisfactory--expect unclean showers and no hand soap at the sink.