Niriis Hotel Reviews

Agii Apostoli, Herakleous St, Kato Daratso, Chania, Greece

Great hostel, very friendly and helpful staff. Near a lot of markets and restaurants, ATM, bus stop to Chania or the beach. The room was very big and with everything we needed, the kitchen was great! Very clean and comfortable, would definitely stay again.

We were 5 students doing a road trip around Creta. We had a very good welcome at Niriis with a lot of advices and good adress. The dorm was clean but small, equiped with cooking devices and dishes. The AC is not free, and it was a little bit hot at night, moreover we had no upper bed sheets (!)

You can tell that George works really hard to make his hotel a great place to stay for his guests. He gives great information about events in Chania during your stay and how to get around as well. My stay was much better and more fun because of this information!

• 7th Aug 2014

It's really close to the beach, which is excellent. The staff is nice and that's pretty much all. The rest is just average, you basically pay for what you get. If you are on a budget, I think this is a ok place to stay.

The facilities were very satisfying. But there was air conditioner. For using that you must pay money. And there is no fan. So i guess you are must going to use that. In that case be careful. You could pay lots of money Except the matter of air conditioner everything was wonderful!!

The facilities were ok but the weather was in the upper 80's and Niiris does not have AC unless you are willing to pay extra for it by the kilowatt.

Lovely location and a good mix of guests. Reception seems a little disjointed on weekends but nothing major... there was always a phone number to call in case you needed them.

We had a great stay at Niriis! Location is great, really close to a bunch of beautiful beaches and there are buses that take you anywhere else you want to go. Staff was really friendly and the owner was nice enough to give us a ride to the bus station at 5am. We left our bags there all day on the day we arrived before checkin with no issues. You have to pay for air conditioning but it only ended up being about 3.50 euros for 2 nights of AC. All in all, a great, inexpensive place to stay in Crete

The worst experience of my life. Atmosphere: I shared a 6 doorm with 4 other weird guys (1of them an italian old guy who likes to sleep naked). Cleanliness: totally dirty, the bathroom was never cleaned, and smelled a lot! Facilities: they only provide you with a blanket (old one). If you need something else it will be 2 more euros. Security: the door of my room was in front of the street and was never closed!! so i had to rent a lock and a watch people looking at me when they passed by

It would be easier if you told us the things you were not happy about so we could resolve them. In the website it is stated that extra linen are 2 euros, and towels are included in normal rooms, not the dorm! About the locked door, it is up to the residents of the room to lock the door (like all hotels).

I had a great time staying here but only because I had a fun dorm! From staff George is extremely helpful and this curly hair girl who doesn't work often. The short hair girl was very firm and not friendly. The biggest issue is that for 12E they don't include 2 sheets but only one so u have to choose will u cover urself when u sleep or will u put it on the bed so u have a clean place to sleep on! That was SO STUPID! And no towel included which for a cheap country like Greece is not seen often...

We very much enjoyed our stay in one of the private rooms with a balcony and lovely view. Great location near the beach and bus station. Our only complaint was that the shower tended to flood the bathroom a bit, and we had a minor ant problem. However, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the room was very spacious with a fully equipped kitchen. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• 4th Jun 2014

Great place. Big, clean rooms. Staff is nice and informative. It is far from the city centre but surrounded by beaches. Close to super markets.

Rare clean washroom and beautiful hot showers~~~ Excellent staff who are very helpful with any issues. Ran into wifi issues unfortunately but otherwise a wonderful stay close to a beautiful warm beach!

I strongly recommend staying at the hotel Niriis, staff always nice and helpful, George helped us to plan our trips to do in Crete. The hotel is only 3 minutes walking from the beach, many convinience stores and restaurants around.. that's a great place to relax! The rooms are very nice and clean, great value for money.

Great Hostel, close to the beach, the staff are very kindy and helpeful. Esay to get in, and also you can use public transport between airport to it. Very quiet place. For sure I recommend!

Great stay! The hotel staff were friendly and very willing to help you in every ways! Definitely will recommend this place to my friends!

The staff is absolutely amazing, friendly and really helpful - they will also recommend things to do and see around and give any information needed. Great location, super close to some really nice beaches, and plenty to see a bit further away if you get tired of that. The dorms are quite good and new. Fairly easy to reach from town/airport by bus or taxi. Highly recommended!

Great Place, Great Stay. Steps from the beach, only issue was the A/C didn't work.

Great location outside of the main town. Extremely helpful staff. I recommend going to the restaurant that will send a driver to pick you up and drop you back at the hostel. Very good Gyros place up on the main road. Great authentic cuisine. We rented a car and never had any issues with parking near the hostel or in Chania. They have beach mats and snorkels and other beach toys you can use. I only stayed for three nights but I wish it had been for longer.

My mom and I stayed at Niriis and we loved it. The location is great, it's about a minute walk from two beautiful beaches, plenty of restaurants, a bus stop into Chania and lots of little markets. The staff was really friendly and helpful.