Niriis Hotel Reviews

Agii Apostoli, Herakleous St, Kato Daratso, Chania, Greece

We were there during the off season and George and his brother were still very accessible and helpful!

Niriis was great! The two guys working were super kind and accommodating. They offered activities for the week and also made sure to mark down places that should be visited in the downtown area. They also suggested a great restaurant they work with that was able to pick me up and drop me off in the rainy weather! Overall, a great experience in a beautiful city!

Niiris is a fantastic place to stay. They have all facilities u need for a excellent price. It is simple but very confortable! If one day I go back to Chania, for sure I will stay in Niiris again! Do not be afraid of staying there (Y)

• 25th Oct 2014

The staff was very helpful and the location is very close to 3 nice beaches. The bus stop into the old city is also very close. My only issues was that a staff member (I am very sure by accident) gave me the wrong information about the bus schedule to the airport. Had I not checked with another person in my room, I would have shown up to the bus terminal to no bus. Also, there was no staff on at night so some of the other people in the hostel were very noisy playing music and carrying on.

The hostel is not well located. We rented a car so it was ok, but maybe if you need to use public transport, would be better to stay in the city center. The staff were very helpfull and on the night that we arrived there, the receptionist ask for a guy from a restaurant near there to collect us and bring us to this restaurant. The dorm room was ok but the private rooms were so much better, and they had almost the same price!

The staffs are very attentive and friendly!

Deffinately go on a day trip with the owner George to elafonissi or balls beach really fun and good value day trips with a personal and local vibe. Don't get dropped off at nireas hotel though that happened to me and although it was not a long walk it was a bit scary not knowing where to go. I was lucky some locals have me directions. Remember Niriis NOT Nireas

Very good value for money, spacious room (the 2/3 bed one), just a few minutes walk from the beach but still only a couple of kilometers out of Chania, definitely recommended!

Beware of mosquitoes! Never met George the owner but his staff (women) running the front desk have serious attitude problems (curt, uninterested, unhelpful). Convenient location. Extra charge for using a/c. Fridge in room made loud noises. Very cheap rates for a private room and bath.

unfortunately, the kitchnette didn't work. every time we tried to use it, the fuse blew out. Nevertheless, it was a great hotel to stay!

Next time something doesn't work, please tell us to fix it! Most probably there was some water spill on the surface of cooking hobs, which creates 'contact' with the electricity and blows the fuse!

The hotel is really nice! Just a ps: at night is very hot, so or you pay an extra for the AC or you open the windows mosquitos, but that's was not a big problem, the rest was excellent!

well located, the sunset beach is just within walking distance from the hostel. Kitchen provided for those who want to cook to cut down their budget. Bad side: aircond is an extra and it is scorching hot in chania. You need to pay the electricity bill yourself for aircond

Niriis is a great hostel, even tough it is not really in the city center, they offer a lot of tours around the island and it is a great opportunity if you don't want to do all by your own. The room was ok and there is a little kitchen inside where we could cook something quick. I would stay there again.

Thanks for all the recommendations for restaurants and beaches etc it really made our stay so much better. Will always remember stay away from restaurants with pictures of the food outside!

• 14th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Great location near Hania without all the noise and on a lovely strand of beaches. They also help organize tours to some of the nearby destination like Elafonisi and Samaria Gorge. There were quite a few items in the kitchen and bathroom left by previous guests that made it a little cluttered, but other than that it was very nice and affordable. Also there's a dog that will steal your shoes if you leave them outside to dry. I definitely would stay here again.

the staff was very friendly and explained everything about the island, places to visit, to eat and drink, about prices and facilities of town! there are many shops and restaurants and they're open until late (around 12am)

Excellent hostel! Excellent location! The 6 bedroom dorm has lots of space, big comfy beds, well equiped kitchen and clean areas!!! Huge underbed lockers!!!

The best staff ever!

• 30th Aug 2014

All members of staff were very friendly and willing to help at all times. Some even went the extra mile and did things you wouldn't normally expect (e.g. hanging washed clothes for us or driving us to the central bus station in exchange for unused bus tickets). The location is very good and is reachable via two buses (journey time is about 15min). There are four strips of beaches within a 10min walk. Room has everything you could need including a mini-kitchen. Would def. recommend.

Helpful, friendly staff! Right by the beach and only a short bus ride to the city centre. Downside is you also have to take a bus to the grocery store. Very quiet area and would definitely go again!