Niriis Hotel Reviews

Agii Apostoli, Herakleous St, Kato Daratso, Chania, Greece

I couldn't recommend a hostel more. The staff were so warm, I've never felt so welcomed. Aside from that the location is really convenient and it's very cheap. Stay here if you can!

• 27th Jul 2015

We had a wonderful stay at Niriis Hotel. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, and were extremely accommodating when there was a slight mishap with a double booking. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

I was with three of my friends, we were four girls and decided to go for a mixed dorm for only two nights. We were pleasently surprised when we got the key and the room was not really a dorm, more likely a hotel room (kitchen, fridge, mirror, washroom (toilet and shower) ) with 7 beds. The people in our dorm were super respectufull and super nice! There are some really cute restaurants near, a great place for runners and a really cute, familial and not crowded beach! We had a lot of fun!!

• 18th Jun 2015

We would like to thank you for your positive review and we hope to see you again in the future

It was a wonderful Holiday. The staff did everything to provide us a perfect holiday. They booked us every trip we wanted to and helped us with every single matter.

• 12th Jun 2015

In our hotel we do everything we can to give you all the information you need in order to make your vacation in Crete unforgettable. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again

Close to the beach which was nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Easy to catch busses around the island from here. Minimal kitchenette. Don't expect to be doing much cooking.

Pros: Incredibly helpful and friendly staff, rooms are great with built in fridge and kitchen, lockers are nice and big location has everything you need very close by (good cheap restaurants, supermarket, beach, park, bus stop). They organize trips to all the all best spots in the island daily, makes planning so much easier. Seriously helpful staff, will do everything they can to help you have a good vacation. Will even drive you places for a small fee. Cons: Had to leave at some point

It doesn´t have breakfast but you can get everything because the are plenty of restaurants and stores and markets to buy what you want. The beach is just like five minutes walking as well as the bus stops, they have a lot of options to make a trip, they are helpful. I really enjoy my stay there. Without doubt, I will be there again, for sure.

Private 2 person: bigger room than expected, kitchenette that we used to cook breakfast, reception was super helpful, wifi a little slow.

Excellent place to stay on Crete because of value for money. The best location - only 2 minutes walking to the beach. Friendly staff - many thanks to Georgia. I will definitely recommend this hotel for my friends.

• 31st May 2015
  • Belarus

Niriis Hotel is an amazing place to spend some time near the beach, there is two big supermarkets less than 10 minutes walking. This helped to save money, there is a small kitchen in every room, even in the big rooms shared. George and his family are very friendly, he is always ready to help you and give good advices to save money and avoid the touristic traps. I had an awesome time in Niriis Hotel. Thank you very much guys! If I go back to Chania, I am gonna be back there!

We enjoyed our stay at Niriis Hotel quite a lot. It is super easy to get into town on a short bus ride and there is lots to eat nearby. There is also a beach within walking distance! The only downside was that air conditioning is not included in the cost. We stayed there in May which isn't even a hot season for Greece yet but we found our room extremely hot when we came home each day and had to pay the extra cost to use the air.

Awesome location with beaches, good cafes/restaurants, super markets and bus stop to Chania within minutes walk. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff who are always eager to help and show you things to do. Wifi could be a bit better, there were times at night when websites wont load at all but i guess that is because everyone is back in their rooms and all using it at the same time - otherwise its usable. Really enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay again if we come back to chania

This was one of the best hostels I've been to! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and I really enjoyed the trips to Elafonisi and Seitan beach with George and the other awesome travelers I met at the hostel. Definitely check this place out you won't regret it!

• 6th May 2015

George is amazing and helped us when we checked in, giving us a rundown of the area and things to do during our stay both in chania and surrounding areas. He has made an amazing map which helps navigate through chania and the restaurants and bars, and he also has a map of the sites to see and tons of hiking routes. It's really helpful to have especially since we were only in chania area for a short period of time! Would be better to have a car if staying here, but location is next to beach

pros: able to change reservation easily, staff helpful and knowledgeable, close to the beach, private room very good value cons: about an hour walk to town, hotel is nice if a little outdated, room walls thin (could hear other guests easily), beds uncomfortable, bathroom on the small side but for how inexpensive the room was, acceptable.

• 30th Apr 2015

I was travelling on a budget and booked the Niiris hotel on the basis of price, photos and services ratings. I wasn't expecting a palace, just a decent place to stay. What I found surpassed my expectations in every way! The Niiris is a gem of a hotel and its owner George's helpfulness and passion for Crete, its history and for travellers in general really makes the Niiris a joy to stay at. The hotel is beautiful with the beach just 50 metres and George's day tours are a must do. Stay here!!

• 18th Apr 2015

Wonderful hotel and staff. Extremely helpful and incredibly kind. View is amazing, and very close to the beach. Very willing to help plan excursions for beaches, hiking and to the city. Knowledgable and friendly.

• 17th Apr 2015

We have absolutely no regrets regarding our stay here. The staff was incredibly nice and accommodating. They even woke up at four in the morning to take us to the airport. Even though we came during the off season we had an incredible time. There are several beaches just a few minutes walk away, and the city of Chania was easily accessible. The facilities were very great and made for a perfectly relaxing couple of days. you won't be disappointed!

Everyone was awesome! George was there to meet us right away, immediately giving us a map of the island and showing us the best places to go. Room was very neat and tidy. Hotel was located very close to the beach which was awesome. Had a great time!

Great location. Security was awesome. There's a safe in the room. You can print off you boarding passes. Really close to the super markets. Great hostel. Highly recommended