Niriis Hotel Reviews

Agii Apostoli, Herakleous St, Kato Daratso, Chania, Greece

The area where the hostel is placed is at 5 min walk distance to the sea.The staff is really open to help you with all the iformation you need. It is perfect if you're traveling alone:)

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Romania

Didn't like the fact they had 2 separate beds instead of a twin one for a pair. Also the water stream at the shower was weak. On the other hand the staff was very nice and super helpful and the place is very clean.

Unlike we were informed in the reception, we could easily find boat tickets to Athens even for the same night. Also we were able to find accommodation in other place in Chania + in Matala even though the reception told us it would be all fully booked on the island in August.

Very close to the beach and restaurants. The rooms had air conditioning but you use to pay for it. It was difficult sharing the payment when in the dorms! The staff is very helpful.

Staff had problems with my booking because they assumed I would arrive late, so since my room wasn't ready I was offered to change rooms and receiving 5 euros discount. I didn't want this because I got a worse room than the one I wanted but to avoid problems I accepted.

Hi! We really don't understand why you say this, you booked a dormitory bed, check in is at 14:00 and if a bed is free, you can check in straight away. We don't understand when you say we moved you to a 'worse room', there is nothing cheaper than the dorm you booked, all other single bed rooms are better....

Loved my stay here and I'm going to try to book a second stay for the end of my trip in a couple of weeks. The location is excellent with many restaurants and supermarkets nearby, and three different beaches in 5 minutes walking distance (you have to try seeing the sunset from sunset beach! I was there almost every night). The rooms are clean (I stayed in a mixed dorm) with large lockable drawers for your bags, as well as a clean bathroom. There is also air conditioning (thank god).

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

I couldn't recommend a hostel more. The staff were so warm, I've never felt so welcomed. Aside from that the location is really convenient and it's very cheap. Stay here if you can!

• 27th Jul 2015

Great hostel, the staff there are really helpful especially Georgia! They will help organize daytime activities to many of the beautiful beaches in Crete. Stayed in a 7 bed dorm, it was close to the street so if someone didn't lock the door at night it was possible for someone to get in

We had a wonderful stay at Niriis Hotel. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, and were extremely accommodating when there was a slight mishap with a double booking. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

I was with three of my friends, we were four girls and decided to go for a mixed dorm for only two nights. We were pleasently surprised when we got the key and the room was not really a dorm, more likely a hotel room (kitchen, fridge, mirror, washroom (toilet and shower) ) with 7 beds. The people in our dorm were super respectufull and super nice! There are some really cute restaurants near, a great place for runners and a really cute, familial and not crowded beach! We had a lot of fun!!

• 18th Jun 2015

We would like to thank you for your positive review and we hope to see you again in the future

It was a wonderful Holiday. The staff did everything to provide us a perfect holiday. They booked us every trip we wanted to and helped us with every single matter.

• 12th Jun 2015

In our hotel we do everything we can to give you all the information you need in order to make your vacation in Crete unforgettable. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again

Close to the beach which was nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Easy to catch busses around the island from here. Minimal kitchenette. Don't expect to be doing much cooking.

Pros: Incredibly helpful and friendly staff, rooms are great with built in fridge and kitchen, lockers are nice and big location has everything you need very close by (good cheap restaurants, supermarket, beach, park, bus stop). They organize trips to all the all best spots in the island daily, makes planning so much easier. Seriously helpful staff, will do everything they can to help you have a good vacation. Will even drive you places for a small fee. Cons: Had to leave at some point

It doesn´t have breakfast but you can get everything because the are plenty of restaurants and stores and markets to buy what you want. The beach is just like five minutes walking as well as the bus stops, they have a lot of options to make a trip, they are helpful. I really enjoy my stay there. Without doubt, I will be there again, for sure.

Private 2 person: bigger room than expected, kitchenette that we used to cook breakfast, reception was super helpful, wifi a little slow.

Excellent place to stay on Crete because of value for money. The best location - only 2 minutes walking to the beach. Friendly staff - many thanks to Georgia. I will definitely recommend this hotel for my friends.

• 31st May 2015
  • Belarus

Niriis Hotel is an amazing place to spend some time near the beach, there is two big supermarkets less than 10 minutes walking. This helped to save money, there is a small kitchen in every room, even in the big rooms shared. George and his family are very friendly, he is always ready to help you and give good advices to save money and avoid the touristic traps. I had an awesome time in Niriis Hotel. Thank you very much guys! If I go back to Chania, I am gonna be back there!

We enjoyed our stay at Niriis Hotel quite a lot. It is super easy to get into town on a short bus ride and there is lots to eat nearby. There is also a beach within walking distance! The only downside was that air conditioning is not included in the cost. We stayed there in May which isn't even a hot season for Greece yet but we found our room extremely hot when we came home each day and had to pay the extra cost to use the air.

Awesome location with beaches, good cafes/restaurants, super markets and bus stop to Chania within minutes walk. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff who are always eager to help and show you things to do. Wifi could be a bit better, there were times at night when websites wont load at all but i guess that is because everyone is back in their rooms and all using it at the same time - otherwise its usable. Really enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay again if we come back to chania

This was one of the best hostels I've been to! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and I really enjoyed the trips to Elafonisi and Seitan beach with George and the other awesome travelers I met at the hostel. Definitely check this place out you won't regret it!

• 6th May 2015