Nirvana Backpacker Reviews

No.91 WenSheng alley WuYi street, Old Town, Lijiang, China

Very helpful and welcoming staff. Gave us lots of information and helped to arrange transport so that we could allocate our time in Lijiang properly and went to places we wanted to go. Location is a bit far from the center but quiet though. Family-run business and the baby is so cute!

The address wasn't correct, we weren't able to find the street right away. Worse is, that not all the phone numbers given are correct. The hostel should update that information right away. I can also recommend it to families and Chinese travelers only because the staff can't speak englisch and there aren't any tours or other services provided.

My husband and I enjoyed our 3 night stay at Nirvana. The location is convenient for taxi pick up and drop off (close to old city entrance which means you don't have to haul your bags all through old town). It is about a 5-10 minute walk to the main square. Arriving from the bus station by taxi we called Nirvana to give the taxi driver directions with no issues. The courtyard is very nice place to relax. The room was adequate, comfortable and clean. The owner speaks pretty good English.

I really liked the character of this hostel. It was very cozy and not too busy. It is not a party place but great for peace and quiet. What I liked most about this hostel was the sweet family that runs it. They were so helpful and answered my endless questions. The beds were comfortable and the hostel is in a beautiful traditional Naxi courtyard.