Nirvana Cave Hotel and Camping Reviews

Gafelli Mah.Cevizler Sok, Goreme, Turkey

Excellent value for money. We stayed in cave rooms which though basic were centrally heated but had rustic charm, just what we hoped for. Yasin, from the hotel, was very helpful. Pegasus Airlines lost our luggage so he helped track it down and retrieve it. Breakfast was typically Turkish but plenty of everything. Nice young lad looked after breakfast! Nirvana Cave Hotel has Fairy chimneys all around. Yasin booked our balloon flight with Turkiye Balloons and it was amazing!

• 30th Apr 2014

I was extremely disappointed from my stay at the nirvana cave hotel. Before booking, I read reviews online and looked pictures but what you saw in the pictures was completely different than the actual hotel. The staff spoke limited English and were not very helpful. We stayed in the 10 person dorm which barely had any heat and looked like I hadn't been cleaned for months. The bathroom was another story. I could barely step 10 feet near the bathroom withough gagging from the horrible stench

• 9th Jan 2014

Unfortunately I had a bad experience at this Hostel and whether it was the owners fault or not it affected my time in Cappadocia. I got severely bitten by bed bugs and I am extremely allergic to all insect bites. The bites covered both my arms, my shoulders, chest, neck, face, back and legs. It was horrific. The owner said that they fumigate the rooms every month and that the bugs were probably brought by other guests. This was not good enough for me.

helpful staff

If you visit Göreme/Kapadokya you should definitely stay at Nirvana. Best dorm room I've ever stayed in hands down, try to get a bed in the carved out rock. The Manager, Yasin, is just wonderful. Breakfast is plentiful.

Excellent location, beauty atmosphere and helpfull staff! I certainly stay there one more time if live put Cappadocia in my way again :)

The hostel is closed to the center and to the bus station with a nice view. The bungalow room was clean and nice and the swimming pool is little, but confortable. The staff is really prepared about all the activities you can do in cappadocia. The breakfast is rich.

this is a nice hostel ,i enjoy to stay there very much ,the breakfast is very good as well ,will come again ,thanks very much ! da

• 27th Jun 2013
  • Hong Kong

Yasin is a perfect/amazing host, everyday he told us what to do and how long it would take: he was always right. He really knows what he is talking about and answers all your question, he is an expert for trecks around Goreme We loved the fruits and the cereals for breakfast, the pool is super nice. He let us stayl until late in the evening as we were waiting for the bus. I warmly advise you to go there and enjoy the warm atmosphere of the place that looks more like home than a hotel....

This hotel was wonderful! So was Cappadocia. For your money, this was an excellent place to stay. The staff was helpful and friendly. The wifi was good in certain locations. The view was fantastic. I would definately stay there again.

• 7th Jun 2013

Great Hostel. Excellent vibe. Helpful staff. Cool staying in a cave. Would stay again.

The people are very nice, ubication good but is one bathroom for 12 people, horribly smell and they dont change the sheets

Very helpful staff

Very kind staff (Hotel Manager, Yasin) help us on everything. I feel very good when I am staying there.

To be honest, i was not impressed with this hostel experience at all. I thought the facilities needed some improvement- especially in way of the Bathrooms. I stayed in the Mixed dorm- which houses around 10 people, and there was one bathroom. Also, the shower in that bathroom was in poor shape. There was an outside bathroom, but it was quite cold still and pretty dirty. I know they're in the process of doing construction improvements, but it wasn't what I expected. The staff was very helpful!

It´s a very good hostel, good location near everything, the room was very nice, really a cave, the staff was kind giving us all the information when we arrive and even before by e-mail. My stay at this Hostel was really great.

It was lovely to stay there. Staff were very helpful and atmosphere was nice. There was a mix up with my airport pick up, they had me down for wrong airport. Was also woken up by staff asking for balloon ride people. Maybe hotel could record which bed in the dorm that the person for balloon ride is in. It would save waking everyone up!

Staff is great, I don't remember the name of the guy at the reception but he was really helpful and he gave me so many tips regarding places to meet near by. It's a nice tiny hotel, very well located for the trip in Kapadokya. Breakfast is very nice, and there's always tea and coffee for free. Highly recommended!

I had a lovely stay. The hostel was clean, typical turkish breakfast with the addition of yogurt, cereal and some cold meats was great. Staff was attentive and very helpful when I requested additional info to go self hicking. The common room, where breakfast is served, have a beautiful view of Goreme's dramatic landscape and dwellings. The cave dorm where I stayed was full of character and my bed was really confy. Utterly loved hicking in this part of the world, simply fabulous!

Great hostel in good location. Good breakfast. Helpful friendly staff. Cave dorm is really nice. Could have been a bit cleaner, found a plaster by my bed and the bathroom didn't seemed to be cleaned and smelled the room a bit. Overall I would say its the best hostel to stay in town.

« first « Prev 1 2 3