Nirvana Cave Hotel and Camping Reviews

Gafelli Mah.Cevizler Sok, Goreme, Turkey

booked my balloon through this hostel and they use sultan balloons. They just sent an email saying we have booked your balloon that was it nothing in regards to not being able to cancel the balloon. When I got there I wanted to book my friend in on the same balloon however there was no space so of course we booked another company so we could go together. I told the hostel I want to cancel they said I can't and they threatened to charge my credit card so I put a stop so they couldn't! rip off!!!

1 bathroom for 12 people makes it hard when everyone is getting up at the same time for the hot air balloon ride. The owner is rude and said I couldn't cancel my hot air balloon ride and that he would charge my credit card even though he hot air balloon was through a different company! He didn't even provide me with any cancellation policy when I booked it! I didn't appreciate his threats at all. Only good thing about this hostel was the location. Stay somewhere else.

Pool was nice. Staff kept to themselves and this was not a very social hostel...also no lock on large dorm, anyone can wander in and out

The overall experience is good The beds are quite uncomfortable We slept in the big and nice dormitory but there is just a humid bathroom for eleven people. the best is the calm and relaxing garden The person who runs the hostel is a bit distant

Really cool place in a gorgeous setting. I stayed in the cave dorm which was fantastic. One of the best nights of sleep I've had in awhile! I also booked the hot air balloon and green tour through the front desk, which turned out to be AMAZING. The pool is a great plus and the free breakfast is lovely. I really enjoyed staying here, and only wished I could have stayed longer.

Excellent hostel!! We stayed in the mixed 11 bed dorm in the cave which was fantastic value for location, breakfast, swimming pool, and helpful staff. Cappadocia is one of the most amazing places that I have ever visited and the hostel served us well as a place to relax and unwind after long days of hiking and exploring the amazing landscape.

Wow... unfortunately everyone who booked ballooning/green tour etc downtown got it cheaper AND had far better experiences than those who booked through the hotel.

Excellent hostel if you want to experience the magic of cappadoccia. Mustafa at reception is a hreat guy and will help you before you land till the time you leave, giving beat and most economical options. Great atmosphere, nice breakfast, fantastic location. Maybe the number of toilets can increase for the 12-bed room. If you plan to visit cappa, this is the place to be!

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Pakistan

The dorm room is nice and clean in a dimly lit cave. The staff was great. I had a night bus later that day, they let me hang out there most of the day and offered to shuttle me to the bus stop. They helped me book my tours, and were responsive to emails. The place is super chill.

Great place. We had a twin ensuite which was excellent. Also one of the few cheaper hostels with a pool in Goreme. There were two issues. Thr wifi was rubbish. We were only located about 20 metres from the router and we had no connection. Had to leave the room for connection. Also we had no water for a whole night. Apparently this is something to do with water issues broadly in the part of Goreme. They could provide their guests free bottled water during such outages.

We did NOT stay in the cave. We thought this was a hotel where we could stay in a cave, but we were put in a cabin. Our friend was in the "cave" but it was just a normal building. Seems most hotels don't have real caves unfortunately. Staff excellent - booked us a very last minute hot air balloon ride (even phoning around their friends to sort us out!) - ADVICE: book hot air balloon rides earlier than the night before!

This hostel was a great experience! Sleeping in the cave was awesome, and although there are more beds in the room than specified, it doesn't matter as there is still plenty of room. Location is amazing, walking distance from everything in town. The staff were great and the pool was a plus, when the temperature soars. Only issue was inconsistent wifi, although given the surroundings, you don't need to be on your phone anyway!

The spot is really nice with the pool in the middle surrounded by the dorms and the rocks in the background; the staff is really helpful but only the boss speaks english. The breakfast is ok and wifi connection good.

Super helpful, super friendly staff. Did my balloon and all my tours with them for a fair price and they were excellent. Friendly staff. Close location to centre of goreme town with other travel agencies, food, mini marts and ATMs. Walkable from the goreme coach station although they were kind enough to give me a ride when I checked out. There's a pool and the dorm is in a cave.

Perfect for us. Relaxed atmosphere, great pool, nice family room, shaded sitting areas, friendly and helpfull staff. We loved Nirvana. Breakfast was fine, although nothing special.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Norway
  • Couple, 41+

fantastic place, the cave dorm is cool, breakfast was ok, staff are friendly and helpful, wifi didn't work too well in room but fine outside, lovely outdoor seating, nice view on rooftop, not too far from the hot air balloon viewpoint, the town is minutes walk away, I recommend this place a lot.

Had a really great stay here. We stayed in a deluxe private Ensuite for 4 nights. Breakfast was good, the staff were incredibly helpful with booking our balloon tours, day trips and restaurant reservations to driving us to the bus stop with our luggage at 11pm. Close to the main street. Highly recommended. Only recommendation we have it so provide more than 1 roll of toilet paper when cleaning the rooms and a larger quilt cover for the king size bed as must have only been a double :)

Saut, the owner was incredibly helpful and booked us airport transfers, balloon and just overall a very nice guy. The atmosphere is relaxed and you have the option for a private room or cave dorm. There is a pool for lounging when it is hot and the breakfast is great - typical Turkish breakfast.

i loved this hostel , very clean , staff was super nice , this is a really cute hostel , close to all in town but still quiet , i really recommend it :)

A great quiet spot to stay in Goreme. Off the touristy street with easy access. Nice staff with some great info on the area. A couple of disappointments with facilities as indicated in Hostel world that they had a kitchen and laundry: both were there but not for our use. Pool was nice and clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5