Nirvana Hostel Taganga Reviews

Carrera 4, Calle 17-21, Taganga, Colombia

Really nice hostel but kinda dodgy zone

In our three weeks traveling around Colombia this was by far the worst hostel we stayed at, even in my whole life! The place was dirty and overcrowded. They were trying to fit a 45 y.o. couple in the upper single bed of a bunk-bed, in a 4 people's dorm which was already occupied by 3 people!!!!!! Food was not great although it was as expensive as any restaurant around. They didn't respect our reservation and gave our room to another couple, which forced us to sleep in a dorm.

• 15th Feb 2013
  • Argentina

Very dirty rooms and facilities, overall rude and lazy staff, dirty pool - overall the whole location has the look and feel of a low security prison, although I suspect the latters of cleanliness to be far higher. We booked the deluxe 4 bed dorm, the luxury being a filthy aircon pumping in air of the same quality into the windowless and dirty cell. For some reason they had run out of pillows at first, but after insisting on it the not so helpful staff conjured one up after a long wait. Avoid!

• 23rd Jan 2013
  • Switzerland

This hostal is as far from 'nirvana' as you are going to get. The place generally looks poor and neglected, the pool was small, filthy and so over full of chlorine I could smell it in my room. I booked a 4 bed and they shoved another matress on the floor making it a 5 bed. The food was discusting, and they blared loud drum and bass from 2pm onwards. when I made an inquiery at the desk the pouty girl behind the counter ignored me. we had a res for 3 nights but only stayed for one. Dont stay here.

Cool hostel with a nice pool and helpful staff. The drinks could be cheaper, and we found that a couple of blocks towards the beach were more than worth the effort to get double for your money. If the beers were $2500 we would have trebled the amount ordered at the bar. The hostel is super clean, but does NOT include a guest kitchen as shown on the hostelworld discription. The air conditioning is a nice addition to the rooms but the one in our room was very noisy at night.

I love the hostel, everyone were really nice, i had a great time, they have conexions with all the tours agencies so they get cheaper prices.

• 8th Nov 2012

theres better options available for a better price... closer to the beach and cleaner. someone left a floater in the bathroom... thanks.