Nizadú Hostel Reviews

5a Privada de la Noria 316. Colonia Centro, Oaxaca, Mexico

Very, very filthy. My sister awoke from a nap covered in bites and we discovered spiders in the room, along with hair in the shower and dirt in every corner. We couldn't sleep so we booked a hotel and left at 2am. We ran into a staff member and told her why we were leaving and said we would be back to return the keys and get a refund in the morning. When we got back the owner had cleaned out the spiders and asked us to "show her"...good thing I took photos! Wouldn't give us a full refund.

The hostel is recomendable, clean and quiet with a nice breakfast and as much coffee as you wish. It is a bit far from the center, but you cans till walk there. The LAUNDRY service is no recomendable: It costs more then in the little laundry shops arround and our clothes were still wet and stained with soap. Don´t ask the owners how to get to Puerto Escondido - we did it, and lost almost one day. They are lovely, but obviously they never went to the coast by car.

Great little bed-and-breakfast. My wife and I stayed three nights and had great different breakfasts made for us each day. My wife loves the squeezed orange juice in Mexico and the hostess went out and bought some especially. The hosts were all lovely and spoke great English. It feels like a family home, complete with a full kitchen and great gas oven. The location is about 10mins walk from the Zocalo. The internet was also painfully slow sometimes, but was in-room. Overall, great!

The hostel is really good, the price includes break fast and you can use the kitchen to cook anything you want, also there is free wi-fi and the staff is really helpful. It is about 12mins walk from the zocalo but if you don't want to walk they also offer free transportation to downtown in the morning, I enjoyed my stay here.

• 23rd Jan 2014

Host very friendly and helpful, enjoyed communal areas, basic breakfast. Average sized room with small double bed. Cramped bathroom with freaky luke-warm shower - all in need of a good scrub. 10-15 minute walk from town.

The service and attention was excellent and beyond expectations. The staff was friendly and I felt like I was part of someone's home and not at all as though I was in a Hostel or Hotel. This is a very friendly and easy going environment with a very nice terrace to relax after being out and about exploring the city and surrounding areas. I would recommend some lights on the terrace as its a great place to socialize with other guests and relax even after the sun has gone down..