Njoy! Travellers Resort Reviews

141 Sheridan St, Cairns, Australia

Staff organizes lots of activities and are very helpful. The common area was a very social place, but you could also get quiet time in your room if you're looking for that sort of thing; people were having fun, but it was not a ridiculous party place. Our only real complaint was the lack of internet in the room (it's free in the common area though) but that seems to be fairly common in Australia, now that we've been here a bit longer.

It does what it says on the tin; which was actually perfect for me. Small kitchen that sometimes got a bit overcrowded but nevertheless it had everything for the basic, no-frills traveller. Close to all amenities in Cairns and not too far from a large supermarket/mall. Curfew of 11pm for music which is great if you want to sleep. Free wifi in the common area was decent but it meant I saw a lot of the back of people's heads and not their faces, which were buried in their laptops or smartphones.

Great location, great staff, great atmosphere. Always doing events like Reptile Night (every friday). Would stay at this hostel again.

The staff what really friendly and helpful which matters the most. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hostel to other travellers.

• 19th May 2015
  • India

Very social hostel. Staff was very friendly and helpful, providing shuttles to the dock where the tours depart from and to the airport.

Staff tried to give me a sub standard twin room, which had no fridge or working sink. At first they claimed all the sinks don't work. They had a decent room but only gave it to me when I complained. Staff were miserable and not really bothered about fixing any problems. The hostelbookers profile is misleading as to the facilities available.

• 3rd May 2015

Just wish they had lockers in the rooms.

I expected the facilities to be basic but the room and bathroom were more dated than the photos on the website indicated, to be fair though the bedding was clean and the air con worked (if a little noisy). Staff were very friendly and the room was quiet to allow a good nights sleep. It is good value for the money we paid and only a short stroll into town, fine for a backpacking stop off

• 11th Apr 2015