No 26D Reviews

26D Cyril Jayasundara Mawatha (Lane), Kandy, Sri Lanka

Had a great time at No26D. The rooms are very clean, its got a great balcony, Jagath and his family are very welcoming and they serve great food as well! We also had some really good conversations! I stayed there for 3 nights and its just a short stroll into town and right next to Kandy lake. Would highly recommend this place for anyone staying in Kandy!

Very kind and nice host, we enjoyed our chats and discussions every night. The host welcomed us with some refreshment and green tea! The location of the guest house is around the lake and it is joyful to walk from town centre. The room is clean and feel like a home, I will stay in No. 26D when I come to Kandy again.

It could be more clean , but its ok if compare other Sri Lanka guest houses. Owners are friendly and helpful , location is good .

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Had a great stay here in a nice family home. The room was comfortable and clean and the hosts very welcoming and hospitable. It is a little quiet as it only has a couple of rooms but this suited us perfectly when we were staying. Would recommend to others who need a pleasant place to stay in Kandy.

• 16th May 2014

Very friendly and accommodating! Be sure to have dinner there! Breakfast was not included.

Hosts are extremely welcoming and the room was a nice escape from busy Kandy. When we arrived we weren't sure if we were in the right place, ring the buzzer and you will be greater in no time. Host were very helpful and even welcomed us with tea and treats. My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at no26d. Thanks!

• 25th Apr 2014

I only had a nights stay here, however it was superb, welcomed with tea, cake and banana not to mention a smile. No26d is located perfectly for Kandy and to enjoy a walk around the lake. I sat on the roof terrace and watched the most impressive thunderstorm of my life 'red lightening forks' complimented by more tea and cake! I would not hesitate to recommend a stay here, and would certainly return should I visit the region again.

The owners are very rude and not friendly, I don't recommend this place for anyone, there are better places for the same rates. They just want business. The Hostelworld will be recommended, but not the 26D at Kandy

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • India
  • All Female Group, 41+

I had a wonderful stay! I booked two nights but decided to try to stay for another 2. Jagath was most accommodating and made it happen. A lovely little place to stay. I would stay there again. Thanks!

• 15th Mar 2014

Nice place and excellent room. Dinner as extra was well worth the rupees. No hot water in shower was only negative but aside from that a pleasant stay.

Jagath and his wife were wonderful hosts. We had a double room with shared bathroom. The room was large and the bed incredibly comfortable. It is located just steps away from the lake and a fifteen minute walk from the Temple of the Tooth. I'd highly recommend this guest house.

It is more like a homestay. There is nor sign at the door but for an attorneys office. I think they have 5 rooms and they (including the bathroom) were the most modern we have seen in Sri Lanka! The bed looked good but was not very comfortable though. There is a nice area downstairs to sit and also a roof terrace where it is allowed to smoke. We had breakfast there, which was good (Sri Lankan Omlett is delicious) and to a reasonable price. We would go there again!

We had a very nice stay there. Lovely family. totally recommend it!

Nice family run hostel. Sweet home atmosphere. We stay here 2 nights and do not want to go out - although the beautiful lake is just 1 minute walk. Definitely the best place we stayed in Sri Lanka.

When standing at the front of 26D , at the beginning we felt a little disappointed looking at the unimpressive grey building. However, it was changed few minutes later resulting from warm smile and tasty tea from the boss and landlady. At the arriving day, we went to climb Adams' Peak at night, And the landlady prepared the delicious sandwiches for us. My sister likes to do some cooking in the kichen,so they gave her a lot of help. Finally, we had stayed here for four nights. ging01@163.com

View all Kandy Bed and Breakfasts