No 26D Reviews

26D Cyril Jayasundara Mawatha (Lane), Kandy, Sri Lanka

clean and decent rooms, nice stay near the lake so 10 mins from centre. would recommend staying here as everything was just as we wanted. although don't walk around the lake at night!

Fantastic location, clean rooms, kind staff, good value!

• 3rd Oct 2014

I stayed here 2 nights and i loved this place. Its not close to the train station and bus terminal but its walkable (15-20min walk). The house is cute and clean and the owner is really friendly and helpful.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • South Korea

It's a nice place run by a lawyer and his wife. They don't know much about the travel/lodging business, so the best they can do is call a reliable driver for you. Don't expect them to know prices or many details about the sights. They are very nice, but they tried to hide the fact that they could not understand my West Coast USA accent. The place is super clean and cared for. Some of the spaces are small, i.e. bathroom, but it's really charming. Great for couples, but not singles.

The best place to stay in kandy. Householder is very kind, i will recomend all chinese friends to come here~

One of the best places we have stayed at not only in Sri Lanka, but anywhere. The owner is fabulous, very (genuinely) friendly, helpful and hospitable (thank you for your tea with sweets!). The hostel consists of a few room remade into hostel rooms in his own house - very new, very clean and beautiful, with hand-picked furniture, hot water, etc. The place is not very far from the centre (south side of the lake, middle part), very quiet, and you don't have to climb up into the hills. Recommended!

Very friendly hosts, lovely stay

• 22nd Sep 2014

Stay away from that guesthouse!!! It is very expensive for what you get - other guesthouses with a high standard charge around 1/3 of what they charge! The place is run-down, moldy with dozens of mosquitos flying around (and broken mosquito nets). I never had that before with booking a room with Hostelworld, but they guesthouse tends to upload fake pictures. When I told them that there pictures do not show the real amenities, they simply laughed at me. Please check other pictures you find online

Very nice room, good value for money and a great host!

Lovely, neat and clean guesthouse in great location on the lake. Our hosts took wonderful care of us, and we especially loved the gorgeous tea and biscuits they prepared for us on arrival! A great place to stat when visiting Kandy.

Very good stay in this guest house. The owner is very friendly and helpful. You should play chess with the owner'son.

• 16th Aug 2014

Owners are very friendly and helpful. Excellent location to visit main attractions in Kandy. Lovely place to stay.

• 10th Aug 2014

This is a great little spot away from the hustle and bustle of Kandy, but close enough to walk in by the lake within an easy 20 minute walk! The owners are very relaxed and caring, and provide good information on the local area. Breakfast was very moderately priced and was fantastic! I would definitely stay here again.

• 5th Aug 2014

Had a great time at No26D. The rooms are very clean, its got a great balcony, Jagath and his family are very welcoming and they serve great food as well! We also had some really good conversations! I stayed there for 3 nights and its just a short stroll into town and right next to Kandy lake. Would highly recommend this place for anyone staying in Kandy!

Very kind and nice host, we enjoyed our chats and discussions every night. The host welcomed us with some refreshment and green tea! The location of the guest house is around the lake and it is joyful to walk from town centre. The room is clean and feel like a home, I will stay in No. 26D when I come to Kandy again.

It could be more clean , but its ok if compare other Sri Lanka guest houses. Owners are friendly and helpful , location is good .

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Had a great stay here in a nice family home. The room was comfortable and clean and the hosts very welcoming and hospitable. It is a little quiet as it only has a couple of rooms but this suited us perfectly when we were staying. Would recommend to others who need a pleasant place to stay in Kandy.

• 16th May 2014

Very friendly and accommodating! Be sure to have dinner there! Breakfast was not included.

Hosts are extremely welcoming and the room was a nice escape from busy Kandy. When we arrived we weren't sure if we were in the right place, ring the buzzer and you will be greater in no time. Host were very helpful and even welcomed us with tea and treats. My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at no26d. Thanks!

• 25th Apr 2014

I only had a nights stay here, however it was superb, welcomed with tea, cake and banana not to mention a smile. No26d is located perfectly for Kandy and to enjoy a walk around the lake. I sat on the roof terrace and watched the most impressive thunderstorm of my life 'red lightening forks' complimented by more tea and cake! I would not hesitate to recommend a stay here, and would certainly return should I visit the region again.

View all Kandy Bed and Breakfasts