No 26D Reviews

26D Cyril Jayasundara Mawatha (Lane), Kandy, Sri Lanka

The hosts were very welcoming people. I was traveling alone and lucky enough there was another girl my age that was there alone also, so I hung out with her for a night. I would say it is not the best place to meet people if that is what you are looking for. I also tried to get the breakfast but I was leaving too early so they were not able to accommodate for that. Overall though, other than some ants, it was a nice stay and great location.

I spent two nights here and I enjoy chatting with the friendly owners. Nice room and facilities 10 minutes from bus stop/ train station

Very good location. Warm and welcoming hosts. Very clean and cozy place. Quiet and comfortable

• 7th May 2015

we had a very great time in kandy and had a very nice stay in No 26D! the guesthouse is very clean and the rooms are big with a very comfortable private bathroom. there is wifi availiable and the location is only a 1 minute walk to the Kandy Lake and a 15-20 minutes walk to the city center and the temple of the tooth. the guesthouse owners are very friendly and they answered all our questions and helped us with planning our activities in Kandy. we would definitely come back again!

• 6th May 2015

We stayed only one night there but we definitely could have stayed way longer! They had the friendliest owners we met in Sri Lanka! They helped us with everything and were really interested that we have a great stay at their Hostel! Our room and the bathroom were totally clean and looked nice as well. Our bed was the most comfortable bed we slept in here in Sri Lanka! All in all we had a great stay there and we can really recommend it!

• 4th May 2015

Stayed here for two nights with two friends. The family is very nice and helpful. Room had good space and was clean. Nice shower and good beds! Only a fan in the room- but no more is needed. The Suisse hotel next door offer breakfast buffet for 800 rupees, and worth it! Kandy town is not so special, so do you self that favor - make some research of want you want to do before arriving. But yea, highly recommended!

I would highly recommend staying at this place. It was such a pleasure and the family made me feel so welcome. The welcome tea, the incredible breakfast for an extra LKR440, the room, etc. I love the little patio at the top where you can enjoy an amazing sunset with the birds chirping away. I have never been more welcomed at a guesthouse like I was here. I always judge a place by the fact whether I would stay here again and I would stay numerous times over.

Excellent guesthouse. We really enjoyed our time there. The owner was so kind, helpful. The house is very pretty and clean for a very reasonable price. The location is very convenient, closed to the lake, and 10 minutes walking from the downtown. Best place ever to stay in Kandy with a possiblity to order a delicious breakfast.

• 13th Apr 2015

We can't say enough good about our stay at 26D. It completely exceeded our expectations. The family was lovely and welcoming. You can ask them to make you a delicious breakfast for a small fee. The bed was comfortable and the fan kept the room cool enough. The bathroom was simple and clean enough. A mosquito net was provided in the room. The family arranged a map of Kandy for us. They also helped us arrange a driver to get to Dambulla rock temples and Adam's Peak. Highly recommend!!

• 10th Apr 2015

A good little guesthouse. The room was clean. The bed was comfy. Large mosquito net over the bed. Travel adaptors in the room. Good wifi connection. Excellent breakfast. Security was very good. Nice host who genuinely wanted his guests to enjoy their stay. The guesthouse is near to the river & about a 10 minute walk to town. The only negative was the bathroom had a smell of the drains. However, if I were to ever visit Kandy again I would definitely stay here. You won't be disappointed.

We loved our stay at 26D, the house is lovely with a nice roof top terrace and the family is so welcoming. Delicious breakfast and central location. Unfortunately we didn't like Kandy itself but this place made our time here enjoyable.

The location is a lovely stroll of 10-15 minutes around the lake from the main area. The room was a nice size with a mosquito net

This is a family owned hostel. The owner (there in evening and night) is very friendly and speaks English perfectly . The rooms are clean, nice and there is warm water. You are very close to the lake, and next to the expensive suisse hotel. Recommended place .

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

We stayed at this pleasant home and felt very welcome. The owner was a very nice host. Our room was clean and neat with access to the roof terrace. We were welcomed with tea and traditional sweats. The breakfast was also nice. I would recommend anyone staying in Kandy to book this room :)

This is a great hostel. The owners are very nice and helpful. We liked to sit on the terrace in the sun, surrounded with flowers. And it is just a few minutes walk to the citycenter.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Fantastic stay during our 2-weeks trip around Sri Lanka. We will always remember about as this is not a simple hostel or guesthouse, but a private house of very kind, polite and open-mided local family, that rent rooms. Some of them are on the top floor - amazing terrace with a view on the lake and the surrounding hills/mountains! :D The other rooms are on the ground level, where is darker, but nevertheless spacious, cosy and stylish designed personally by the owner:)

Very kind people, you really get something for your money. Nice rooftop!

• 11th Feb 2015

We stayed at the guesthouse for a night and had a good time there. It's run by a local Sri Lankan family, and offers a clean and quite place to stay in Kandy. Very comfortable and recommended for those who would like to take a rest from all the noises. It takes approx. 15 mins to walk there from the central bus station, and approx. 5 mins from the town centre.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Japan
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The host is really nice. The house is close to the lake and to the city center. The bedroom and the bathroom were big and clean.

• 6th Feb 2015

Wonderful host that provided us with a great first night in Kandy. Staff was welcoming and helpful. Room was clean with mosquito net and had hot water. Very private and family did not disturb you. The house had a rooftop patio for us to use. Lovely view. The house itself was a 15 min walk from downtown or a short Tuk Tuk ride costing ~200rupees. Staff let us keep our bags in the house after check out when we went exploring the next day. Definitely recommend. Breakfast was extra but delicious!

View all Kandy Bed and Breakfasts