No.8 Tottenham Reviews

724-726 High Rd, Tottenham, London, England

Hi, I like this place very much. It is very quit, very clean here. People who working here very friendly at day and evening shifts.Many times asking how I am,is it everything allright. I recommend stay here. Estera from Lithuania

All the staff were friendly and helpful. Made our stay easy and enjoyable

• 20th Aug 2015

The location is in a rough part of town about 45-60 mins from King's Cross St Pancreas Station by bus, even further away from the City Centre. My bed was dirty on arrival, sheets never changed, floors never swept let alone mopped. Only 3 bathrooms for 8 rooms with 10 people in each room. During my stay, one bathroom was out of order, and the 2 remaining showers didn't drain. On the PLUS side, the internet worked, kitchen was OK, price was cheap and good for people on a tight budget like us.

If you are staying here to see a Tottenham game, it is the perfect location. If you are staying here for anything else, not so much. I came with the GF and she was not a fan of the fight that broke out under our window the night we stayed there, but I couldn't care less because White Hart lane is right next door.

• 14th Aug 2015

I was staying in the hostel for a few weeks and I really enjoyed cosy atmosphere in there. Shurelly if I am to come back to Tottenham I will definitely choose Bell Hare again. Cheers!

Great hostel, liked everything except: Three combined toilet/showers for 40+ guests is just silly, we spent a good half hour waiting in line every day. It's a shame an otherwise excellent hostel was let down by this. Aussie waitress/receptionist and professional cleaning lady were both really great and friendly. Thanks!

Nice little place above a pub. Biggest drawback was the location - about 25 min walk / 10 min bus to the nearest tube station. Really busy bathrooms but they were cleaned regularly. The place felt secure and the staff were all kind and helpful. Amazing value for money!

Very good H

It is a good and affordable hostel for short stay accommodation. Very easy to get central London by bus. Area quite safe. Be prepared to be waiting for the bathroom.

• 31st Jul 2015

I booked 6 bed female dorm for 1 night and I was positively surprised. Room was spacious, comfortable bed, small lockers for valueble things in the room. There are just 2 showers and toilets (or what I know about), so had to wait a bit. Receptionist was lovely and very helpful. Keep in mind that receptions is closed from 11pm and if you need to do check-out before 9am, you need to let reception know night before. Hostel offers great value for a money (I paid just £9/night) and good location.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Slovakia

bloody good fun. staff are great.

10/10 perfect

Even though the staff was very friendly, we have had an overall negative experience with this hostel. The room was crammed, really hot and had an aweful lot of noise from the street. The shower was very dirty and smelled weird. There was no sense of community whatsoever. Also it was about a 35 minute walk from Tottenham station, and another 25 minutes to get to central London, which was a lot more than expected. However, as it was a very inexpensive hostel, the value for money was okay.

• 20th Jul 2015

Good People good staff

Only three toilets for all people, one of which wasn't working the entire stay, is just not enough. Overbooked, 2 people had to be send to different hostel at night! very uncomfortable bed and dirty bathrooms.

• 17th Jul 2015

The guy was super friendly and stayed up to let me in outside of reception hours and let me leave early, I was literally there for the night so I can't say anything about the atmosphere but the room was cleaned and the showers are cleaned 3-4 times a day so for an overnight stay it was great, it is 39 minute walk from seven sisters tube station but there is a bus, so like 5-10 minute bus journey.

Ok so i booked here for one night whilst I was attending the Garage nation festival this past weekend, first impressions was OK but then they said there are lockers but you need a padlock which they sell for £5 but did not fit the hole :-\ . most importantly the room had flies roaming around however the bed seem clean the room stunk and the bathrooms are very basic and mouldy... I never seen red mould before but I did there.the staffnseem pleasant but I guess once you pay up your on your own.

3 bathrooms, only 1 of decent size, 2 VERY small. Quite a bit out of central london, so if you're staying out after the tube's have finished expect an hour long bus ride to get there, not many plug sockets in the room to charge phones up on.

This has the best balance of value & comfort, considering hostel prices, local cheap shops and big kitchen – SO useful! More B&H residents are from Europe seeking work than those holidaying. The staff and residents are friendly and not only young people stay there- GOOD! despite an official age-limit. But the shower rooms are habitually left filthy and waterlogged and both the management and receptionists, though willing, are of varying intelligence and efficiency.

Dirty beds, general lack of facilities, dirty toilets, really far away from the city centre - and subway stations.

• 10th Jul 2015