No.8 Tottenham Reviews

724-726 High Rd, Tottenham, London, England

A great hostel! I have stayed before and will stay again. The staff are amazing, especially the new guy Oscar! Probably the best and hottest bar guy around.

Left before reception opened. Was asked to leave the key and my bank details so they could return my key deposit. Even reminded them but never got it back.

Nothing to complain about really. The Hostel was clean, pretty quiet, never had to queue for a shower, plenty of plugs in the room and very helpful staff.

• 6th Jan 2016

I made the booking via the hostelworld app but when I got there they told me there was an upper age limit and I was over it so I wouldn't be allowed to stay there. marvellous. thanks a lot.

The hostel is great value for money. Staff are excellent, a really friendly and helpful bunch. Good, big kitchen. Only bad thing I can say is no alcohol allowed from outside which brings the vibe down but I think this may be due to licencing laws. You can buy drinks down stairs from the bar and bring them up but it starts to add up after a while.

A good hostel and it's pretty easy to get to too. There's a bus stop and buses right outside that takes you to and from the tube or to London Bridge.

Not crowded, less noisy

I was a bit worried after spending a very rough night at No.8 Seven Sisters, where the music from the pub was very loud and the beds very squeaky. Thankfully, noise levels in No.8 Tottenham were much more reasonable, mainly traffic noise and snoring roommates. I have no major complaints, considering the affordable prices. I had some trouble with wifi connectivity on the top floor. Bring a padlock to use the lockers. The Italian and the Romanian at the reception were very helpful and friendly.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Bulgaria

A good hostel, the staff are friendly and helpful.

Bathrooms were always clean, some of the staff were friendly and helpful, well except for a few, they were rude, abrupt and racist. Some of the rooms stunk like people haven't had a shower in weeks. Just some staff need to be replaced, otherwise a great budget hostel.

• 13th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

As a frequent hostel stayer, I found No. 8 Tottenham to have been my favorite hostel experience so far. I had a mixed dorm with roommates who actually spoke to us and helped us find our way (thanks James!) the staff was warm, easy going, and more than helpful when we asked questions. It's so easy to catch a bus to wherever you may be wanting to go and/or to the tube to get into Zone 1. I highly recommend purchasing an Oyster card for your inner city travel! I will be back!

Great place and very good location

• 27th Nov 2015
  • Romania

The staff are friendly and very helpful.

Great hostel, nice and clean. Only complaint is it would have been nice for it to have allowed check in later than midnight. I advised the hostel in advance I was arriving late, but when I got there just before 00:30, I had to tailgate someone to get in,.

Fantastic hostel as usual.

Located in a bad part of town and very far from city center. There are only 3 bathrooms for all the people there and they are always wet (overflow from shower) and dirty. Wifi only works downstairs in the bar and not any where else. The bed was clean at least and the staff tried to help us when the keys didnt work, although I was lucky I was with a friend who got a working key since they didnt have anymore working ones until my second day there.

• 12th Nov 2015

The location wasn't in the best of spots, but there was a bus stop right outside the hostel. The staff were very friendly. Be aware they do charge a £20 deposit for key so make sure you have the funds for it. The kitchen facilities were good. There were only 3 toilets and showers in the place and one was broken most of my stay (so bring a bottle!). The bathrooms were cleaned regularly which was great. Rooms didn't have a lot of space for luggage. Beds were very comfortable though.

The staff are fantastic.

Good Hostel

Great staff, very friendly. The location isn't near the center but the bus stop is in front the door. Fantastic atmosphere in Tottenham's match days