No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

After being verbally attacked by a male resident, who was about 50 years old, the staff said in the past he's been harmless and hope nothing else would happen and still allowed him to stay in our room (we were 4 young females). Dealing with this crappy place ruined my mood the entire trip and I couldve stayed closer in center London for less and enjoyed my trip more.

• 16th Oct 2014

I paid £25 for a private room (shared facilities), which is pretty cheap. The bed was comfortable enough, the showers and toilets were clean, everything was fairly quiet, so really can't complain. Staff on front desk were friendly enough. Just 5 minutes walk from the tube and within 20 minutes you're in the West End which is where I needed to be the next day. Room was a bit of a benign prison cell, but generally speaking, and bearing in mind the price, all good.

• 16th Oct 2014

Unfortunately, because of too few bathroom facilities, there was always a huge line to the bathrooms. We also found a mouse in our room and there was a lot of noise from traffic + the bar.

People actually living in the hostel on a full time basis,mattress and covers full of bed bugs all staff think of doing is spraying bed bug spray over every thing which is not good,mice running around all over kitchen,Internet room,the 16 mixed dorm I was in,and also in the bar and I'd advise people to watch there belongings because €290 was robbed on me and €35 was robbed on another person in the room,so altogether I highly recommend that you stay as far away as possible from this place

• 30th Sep 2014

Good: the staff, while they may not always succeed, seem to try hard. Cleaning staff: if I had the extra money, I would tip them heavily. They have had to clean up some filthy messes left by others staying here. They work very hard daily. Bad: The hostel is also a bar, it can be very loud. There are 2 showers for guests, and one of them has been out of order for a week with no notice of when it will be fixed. But my major problem was the rude guests that snore! The hostel cannot help there.

Stayed in the hostel for 3 days in a single room. Nothing much in the room, a bed and a fridge, but is perfect if you just need a place where to sleep and take a shower. Room was clean and quiet, shared bathrooms are new and clean. Didn't use the kitchen but had few beers at the pub downstairs! :) Location is very good, just 20 min of tube to get to the center. Overall is the best place in London for what you pay! Suuuuuper cheap!

Extremely rude staff,. I was treated horribly and it ruined my very short stay. But the atmosphere here was not very nice for a longer stay anyway. Need accommodation? Keep looking.

A good place if all you need is a place to sleep and a hot shower. The shared washroom and showers were pretty new and clean. Though there's 2 communal sinks and 2 rooms with the toilet, sink, and shower. So there's a wait if you needed the toilet or shower. Couldnt access the wifi at all from the dorm room. Had to go to the first floor or computer room to use it. The stairs and hallways are narrow and there's no lift, so a bit of a struggle with luggage.

after lots of international hostel-experience this stuck out: + bathrooms get cleaned several times during peek shower times, most of the staff is friendly (a young girl and a nice scot) - while I couldn't access the wifi at all, my friends access was very spotty - the manager or owner (I don't know what he was but no normal employee would behave like that) is a choleric, angry screaming, grabbing peoples stuff... scary as hell! (and we weren't the only ones having had the pleasure)

• 24th Sep 2014

In order of merit, Kitchen open plan layout is excellent with adequate Fridge and freezer facilities plus one in the Dorm itself , this trumps anything I stayed at in Notting Hill , Bayswater or even the classy Fresh hostels I recently stayed, Free wifi scores a lot of points as does sky sports.Spacious Dorm 10 stars ,Laundry and ironing facilities are a bonus, the showers them selves are on a par with 4star hotel, only 639 comes close in the overall assessment due to their restaurant /lounge..

• 23rd Sep 2014

I am still here 6 days after checking in, signing up almost daily to extend my stay here as I search for a home. They have been quite good to me. Most of my business is in downtown London, and getting there is quite a haul. I had no idea how long it would take to go from here and back. Otherwise, all-in-all the place is pretty good, and the staff has been more than accommodating in trying to find another bed for me to stay in each night. Much appreciated!

The Problems were the following: - They didn't accept Cards, only cash - they have six facilities, three where closed - i swipe a tissue over the ground cause I Spill Milk..the tissue was black after that - the reception ist closed after 8 pm and opens first at 8 am, thats ok, but i had to leave at 5 am. I did not get back the 20 Pound I had to pay as Security for my Key.

• 16th Sep 2014

Great weird hostel

Really bad smelly room, dorm doors could do with some tlc (really noisy when closing, having in mind that people keep on coming in and out during all night), and last but definitely not least, heard "something" walking in between the walls in the middle of the night.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Spain

many things that didn't just work: There was no light in the wc (it was broken), downstairs roof was leaking and the worst thing was that in the bed was BEDBUGS. I have slept in many hostels and used to different hostels but this was just horrible.

No.8 is an old and dirty building in a far away part of London. In fact, it's not really even a hostel. It's a filthy old man's pub with a few rooms made available for travellers. I booked for a week and left after the first night to find a different hostel. The staff refused to refund me for the remaining nights, which was completely unreasonable given that they were unable to provide the basic requirements of a hostel.

The hostel was good overall. Me and my friend stayed 5 nights in a 4 bed room for girls only (room 1) and the bathroom was next door which made it easy for us to use it. However the bathroom door was really noisy and would wake us up a couple of times in the middle of the night. We had a fridge in the room, very usefull! The metrass was not really confortable tho... The staff was helpfull and nice :)

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

In every respect, it is seriously the best budget hostel I've stayed in London, out of like 6-7. You have clean beds, proper size lockers next! to your bed, freezer in the room, proper kitchen, clean, proper sized bathrooms and toilets, nice pub, very helpful and friendly staff, good location and cheap. What else could I wish for? It's a decent place in every respect. And the biggest Hindu temple (mandir) outside India, is just 20 mins walk.

The wifi didn't get to my room, when I asked the staff, he said: wifi is an extra service, it's not included in the price... BS! The bathroom were so dirty, i saw cacockroaches, and the room smell horrible.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Management were very welcoming and helpful - much appreciated.

• 28th Aug 2014