No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

That was average hostel . During my stay the tube ( Jubilee line) was out of order and to get to the city center with alternative bus it took around 1 hour. In the kitchen there weren't any regular cups (only espresso cups)

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Poland

Very good Hostel. But I have problem with WIFi on room 4.

The hostel closes at midnight during the week: highly impractical if you had a late flight. Also, very slow in responding to emails regarding change of plans. Not a great place to stay.

We were headed to Wembley and thought this was a great location for this. It was !! Not too many shops or pubs around and close enough to the underground stop (4-5min walk). Overall I'd recommend it.

• 9th Nov 2014

- Dirty "washed"sheets!! My girlfriend slept in her clothes on the towel, how afraid she was from touching those sheets. Second day we bought new sheet for her. - Showers - cold water, not cold - FREEZING.

Great hostel. Clean, staff is kind, they have their own pub which is great. The guests were also really kind, it has a lot of italians. Location is not brilliant but for London is still good, center is easily reachable by underground. Over the road is 24/7 "Food land" which is somehow convenient. For the money you pay, hostel is great. They have kitchen which is convenient and toilets, bathrooms are relatively clean.

I loved staying here, the stairs are loud cuz they are old but everything else is okay. The pub is a cool place to stay, rooms are okay and also if u have to book out early u can leave your baggage in the hostel :)

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Slovenia

I think for the price and location (near central London) this is a very good hostel to go into.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

The hostel was good. However, there was a foul smell in the entrance area of the hostel. The bathrooms were fine but mostly occupied during peek hours. The environment can be made more brighter..seemed a little gloomy. It was good value for money and I was satisfied with the room and security.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • India

Advantages: location, clean, facilities - even the locker and the fridge in the room, nice staff, close shops, bus stop nearby, underground nearby. Disadvantages: the reception is 8:30am-12pm so you have to plan your trip ahead so you dont have to stay outside. You have to give 20 pounds for the key deposit.

Full of bedbugs and mice!! Many people that are staying long term are quite old and with very poor hygiene TOO BAD!!! Hence even with good cleaners it will never be a nice place to stay.. needs a proper change of policy with the personal hygiene of all guests (no clean, no stay) and a real PEST CONTROL!!!

I enjoyed my stay

After being verbally attacked by a male resident, who was about 50 years old, the staff said in the past he's been harmless and hope nothing else would happen and still allowed him to stay in our room (we were 4 young females). Dealing with this crappy place ruined my mood the entire trip and I couldve stayed closer in center London for less and enjoyed my trip more.

• 16th Oct 2014

I paid £25 for a private room (shared facilities), which is pretty cheap. The bed was comfortable enough, the showers and toilets were clean, everything was fairly quiet, so really can't complain. Staff on front desk were friendly enough. Just 5 minutes walk from the tube and within 20 minutes you're in the West End which is where I needed to be the next day. Room was a bit of a benign prison cell, but generally speaking, and bearing in mind the price, all good.

• 16th Oct 2014

Sometimes it would be good to open some windows and let fresh air in ( in the rooms and especially in the bar)

Unfortunately, because of too few bathroom facilities, there was always a huge line to the bathrooms. We also found a mouse in our room and there was a lot of noise from traffic + the bar.

People actually living in the hostel on a full time basis,mattress and covers full of bed bugs all staff think of doing is spraying bed bug spray over every thing which is not good,mice running around all over kitchen,Internet room,the 16 mixed dorm I was in,and also in the bar and I'd advise people to watch there belongings because €290 was robbed on me and €35 was robbed on another person in the room,so altogether I highly recommend that you stay as far away as possible from this place

• 30th Sep 2014

Good: the staff, while they may not always succeed, seem to try hard. Cleaning staff: if I had the extra money, I would tip them heavily. They have had to clean up some filthy messes left by others staying here. They work very hard daily. Bad: The hostel is also a bar, it can be very loud. There are 2 showers for guests, and one of them has been out of order for a week with no notice of when it will be fixed. But my major problem was the rude guests that snore! The hostel cannot help there.

Stayed in the hostel for 3 days in a single room. Nothing much in the room, a bed and a fridge, but is perfect if you just need a place where to sleep and take a shower. Room was clean and quiet, shared bathrooms are new and clean. Didn't use the kitchen but had few beers at the pub downstairs! :) Location is very good, just 20 min of tube to get to the center. Overall is the best place in London for what you pay! Suuuuuper cheap!

Extremely rude staff,. I was treated horribly and it ruined my very short stay. But the atmosphere here was not very nice for a longer stay anyway. Need accommodation? Keep looking.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4