No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

You need to pay in cash (they won't accept cards?!!?).

My bed had bed bugs in it. A major bummer. But the staff was great, I met great people. And it was cheap. I'll give it a solid score if you guys fumigate those mattresses ASAP!

• 8th Aug 2014

The atmosphere was somewhat terrifying - as two women staying and booking together, it would have been nice to be placed in near beds. As it was, my wife was all the way across the room from me and we were placed in a room with 23 men. I understand the nature of mixed rooms but this was a little intimidating. It was even worse when, very loud, angry man came in and started banging around then vomited all over the place. We checked out at 5.30am.

• 2nd Aug 2014

The cleaning staff does a superb job with the bathrooms and toils. The Pub's noise is under control, and the place is a great value. The old times are not a problem, they add a bit of charm to the place, as long as you appreciate quirky people. The neighborhood is multicultural and it is easy to find good food and groceries nearby. There is a Sainsbury's local within easy walking distance. Bus and tube connections are also within an easy walking distance. I highly recommend this hostel.

Top bloke, didnt get wifi or mobile data in the rooms and there was the occasional drug dealer in the pub. Overall solid stay though

The bed was not the best. I felt the spring in my back.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

You totally get what you pay for. Cheap accom. Pub on the bottom of the hostel is a mega plus. Close to shops, supermarket over the road is 24/7.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Bed bugs, no light. I had three 5 nightmare nights. When I presented the problem they just said "it happens"

• 15th Jul 2014

There were many creepy and annoying people living in the room (number 24), my boyfriend and I got scared. We couldnt even speak or turn on the light at 9 am as there was a french woman complaining all the time. I couldnt sleep well because of 2 men in the room that were snoring and farting like pigs. Furthermore the foot odor was terrible, there was no proper window, just a tiny window, no ventilation, very dark, and it was kind of claustrofobic due to the low ceiling. WIFI didnt work in room.

The stuff is very nice, you can leave the luggage for 1 pound after the check out. For us the location was fine, about 45 minutes from the city center by tram. You need to get cash to pay once you arrive because they did not accept to pay by card, and you need to bring with you earplugs if you want to sleep. There are more than 1 floor but we had got a room in the ground floor and was to noise, people laughing and having arguments at 1:30 and 4 at night. The value for money is fine.

Upon reading previous reviews we were preparing for the worst, but because of the location and the price we thought it was worth the gamble and it payed off. I thought the staff were helpful, the facilities were all you needed from a Hostel our room was to standard and the Bar area was good, well priced with sky sports a pool table and a small beer garden out back it exceeded our expectations and we would use it again if required.

• 12th Jul 2014

Pros: The room was clean and tidy (cleaner came during day to sweep etc), the showers were awesome (big and clean!!), easy to find, staff was helpful, yummy pizza place across the road! Cons: the area felt a bit dodge, some creepy men in the pub, the showers and toilets were in the same cubicle (so if all the showers were being used then you couldn't go to the toilet), weren't many cubicles.

• 12th Jul 2014

The recepcion is not 24 hours as they sai it is. The rooms where durty and people are rude to you at the recepcion. I didn't like it at all!! And I don't recomend it to anybody!

You got what you paid for, nothing to complain about

The room and the toilet are not clean at all. And the shops nearby closed very early. However the staff there are helpful which they allowed us to check out earlier.

The bathrooms are great, spacious and modern. I had a single room, which as for London standards was quite big and well equipped. They have everything you need - hairdryers, iron, ironing board etc. Staff is nice. The only minus is location, but it's still quite convenient - near the tube. The neighborhood's also a bit weird, but shops are close and there's a variety of them. All in all if the hostel was more central it would be perfect. Still a very good one!

Absolutely excellent. Free good computers. Free gym. Clean showers. Very pleasant atmosphere.

We enjoyed our stay, and we will be back! The place is a bit far from the center, but a day pass was making up for the higher prices that you would pay closer to town. Stuff was friendly and helpful.

• 1st Jul 2014

The cleanliness is poor and the facilities are always with faulty / broken down My room was very noisy as it is close to main road, bus stop, junctions...can't sleep until 3am every single night for the whole week!!!!!!!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very helpful Gentleman in reception - the English one.One of the most convenient places to stay. Thanks for your hospitality.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4