No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

One of the worst hostel, I have ever been. I was there for 6 - 7 nights including their Private rooms. After staying for 6 - 7 nights and spending over £100, I was 30 minutes late to checkout. And they charged me extra £5. they deducted £5 from the £20 key deposit I gave them. One of the worst customer service you will receive from the staff. DO NOT GO........... . .

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Bangladesh

It is nice , Clean , in good position and the staff is very nice BUT they have very bad smoking area 😕 they smoke outside in close place then all smoke come inside here the non smoker take it passively . 😢😢😢

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Norway

Great place to stay, very very good value. Great staff. Great WiFi. Comfortable accommodation.

• 19th Aug 2015

the truth I do not want to spend my time on something that you already know and promote.

Firstly there was a rat in our room. The staff member that was on duty at night stayed in the beer garden drinking and talking very loudly and obnoxiously and the window to our room was right next to it so we couldn't sleep all night. The wifi didn't work in our room at all. The pub attracted a lot of creepy people so I didn't feel safe at all. I asked if there was stairs to our room and was told there was so I paid to keep my heavy bags in storage to find out there was no stairs at all'

Blackbugs in my bed, mouse in the room, thivies in the room(Someone Stolen my phone charger and 50£), dirty, staff rude, noise. Nobody have to go there

The hostel was not bad for the price, but one little thing that I dislike was that I didn't notice, I would have to pay £20 deposit (IN CASH) along with the fee for the day I stay at the moment I arrived. In general, everything is just fine with me, the room is clean, the location was not too bad, I mean it is in zoon 3 (And the hostel is just 5 min from the station). The bathroom is a little disappointed, as the light went off every 20 min and the shower was stuff.

Very dirty, very noisy, it looks like as if since 80's there nothing was no any renovation.

I like it! It is easy to find..in front of the principal bus lines. Clean and funny. The perfect place to visit the city alone or with friends.

there was only one bath/toilette for the whole floor, because one of the two toilets were out of order. the shower was full of thick, black mould, were you can see how often it is cleaned. the bathroom smelled of ammonia, were you can smell that there's no one that clean it properly. It was disgusting. The other residents were loud talking until late at night with no regard of others. The walls were messy and the mattress was saggy.

• 28th Jul 2015

Control of rowdy groups, loud arguments right outside the door not so fun

• 27th Jul 2015

I liked the atmosphere, the friendly and handsome guys at the counter, and relative quiet. Did not like the smelly sheets and toilets. The room was decent besides the sheets and covers--you get what you pay for.

This was my 5th time staying in that hostel! I like the atmosphere there and the fun staff! I'd recommend this hostel to everyone who needs a place to stay for max a week as this is a backpackers hostel.

I didn't like this hostel because there were 2 rats in my room, the rooms and toilets are very filthy. The staff is awful and not friendly and there is discrimination in this hostel because they say that it is not allowed people over 38 years old and there is people there older than that, which means the policy is not equal to everyone. The bar inside is strange and closes early, so people need to go to bed early because there is no other place for people talking because of the noise.

My girlfriend and I arrived here by taxi, the building looks nice from the outside but there was really shady clientele standing outside as there's a bar inside. The hostel itself is dirty and worn down beyond belief, and the staff had double booked our private room so we had to stay in a 16 person dorm, and the staff barged in to ask us for full payment at midnight, unbelievable!! We went to a much nicer place after only one night for the same price. One of the worst places ever, avoid!!

Away from London. Dirty, terrible atmosphere. Meant as a one night stay

I stayed here over the weekend but hardly slept at all. My room wasn't cleaned up when I checked in: there were crisp crumbs and dust on the floor and the trash can was full of the previous guest's garbage. One of the ceiling lamps and sockets were hanging from their wires dangerously and the pub downstairs played loud music in Friday night almost until 2am. I don't think I would stay in this hostel again. The staff was friendly but overall the experience wasn't worth it.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Finland

You definitely pay for what you get- at under £20pppn, the room was small and dirty, the window didn't shut properly, the underattended disco on the Friday night went on loudly regardless of whether anyone was dancing or not (they weren't) and there are only 4 toilets for the whole hostel, inside which the showers are also located- so if you want the toilet when the showers (which are cold) are in use, you gotta wait. The staff were good-humoured though and it's very close to the tube.

The Hostel No.8 is a nice Hostel to visit for a short- term trip in London. The bedroom mattress are really thin and uncomfortable for long- term visit ( except the double bed room number 23). The facilities in the Hostel are cleaned several times a day, but the bathroom facilities seems not to be fully cleaned and uncomfortable to use the room. Few staffs members live in the Hostel and are really kind and chatty. The Hostel has its own Pub with a pool table, flatscreen and a beer garden.

• 14th Jul 2015

I only paid 80 pounds for a week which is great value considering the facilities. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Only complaint is that it is a bit dirty everywhere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5