No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

many things that didn't just work: There was no light in the wc (it was broken), downstairs roof was leaking and the worst thing was that in the bed was BEDBUGS. I have slept in many hostels and used to different hostels but this was just horrible.

No.8 is an old and dirty building in a far away part of London. In fact, it's not really even a hostel. It's a filthy old man's pub with a few rooms made available for travellers. I booked for a week and left after the first night to find a different hostel. The staff refused to refund me for the remaining nights, which was completely unreasonable given that they were unable to provide the basic requirements of a hostel.

The hostel was good overall. Me and my friend stayed 5 nights in a 4 bed room for girls only (room 1) and the bathroom was next door which made it easy for us to use it. However the bathroom door was really noisy and would wake us up a couple of times in the middle of the night. We had a fridge in the room, very usefull! The metrass was not really confortable tho... The staff was helpfull and nice :)

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

In every respect, it is seriously the best budget hostel I've stayed in London, out of like 6-7. You have clean beds, proper size lockers next! to your bed, freezer in the room, proper kitchen, clean, proper sized bathrooms and toilets, nice pub, very helpful and friendly staff, good location and cheap. What else could I wish for? It's a decent place in every respect. And the biggest Hindu temple (mandir) outside India, is just 20 mins walk.

The wifi didn't get to my room, when I asked the staff, he said: wifi is an extra service, it's not included in the price... BS! The bathroom were so dirty, i saw cacockroaches, and the room smell horrible.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Management were very welcoming and helpful - much appreciated.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand
  • All Female Group, 41+

Nice, clean and tidy rooms with a place to sit and a fridge. The hostel is quite far away from London city centre, but there is a direct bus available from outside the hostel to Victoria station, so this didn't pose a problem. The only bad thing is the quality of the beds; the matrass was very old, the springs were almost sticking out and they weren't comfortable at all. We did not have one single good night sleep because of the pathetic quality of the beds. This has to be taken care of.

• 20th Aug 2014

Cheap accom about 30min out of the main city. Absolutely nothing to do in the area and it is a little bit dodgy. Didn't have an issue with hostel staff, small turnover of customers so they remember who you are. Overall not a horrible experience but could get better value for money elsewhere.

• 15th Aug 2014

I picked this hostel because it was the cheapest one I could find for the weekend I was staying in. The staff were fairly nice, and it wasn't quite as dirty, or as badly kept as I expected, considering the area. That being said, the hostel is in zone 3, so commute takes a while. Also, many rooms don't have good internet service, so don't take their 'wifi' statements at face value. They have 3 different internet hubs, but most only work in the pub downstairs, and parts of the kitchen.

• 15th Aug 2014

Very nice staff, trying their best to keep the place clean (I know it's impossible). Free Wifi and free use of kitchen, bathrooms are clean enough, rooms are okay (I was in a 4 bed dorm). Only 5 minutes from the Tube station, less than 30 minutes from Westminster, That's a good location. The only downside is the high road, meaning you can have 4 ambulance cars within 5 minutes at 3 a.m. in the night, followed by a group of partygoers screaming havoc through the street. It's not the Ritz, but ok

• 13th Aug 2014

You need to pay in cash (they won't accept cards?!!?).

My bed had bed bugs in it. A major bummer. But the staff was great, I met great people. And it was cheap. I'll give it a solid score if you guys fumigate those mattresses ASAP!

• 8th Aug 2014

The atmosphere was somewhat terrifying - as two women staying and booking together, it would have been nice to be placed in near beds. As it was, my wife was all the way across the room from me and we were placed in a room with 23 men. I understand the nature of mixed rooms but this was a little intimidating. It was even worse when, very loud, angry man came in and started banging around then vomited all over the place. We checked out at 5.30am.

• 2nd Aug 2014

The cleaning staff does a superb job with the bathrooms and toils. The Pub's noise is under control, and the place is a great value. The old times are not a problem, they add a bit of charm to the place, as long as you appreciate quirky people. The neighborhood is multicultural and it is easy to find good food and groceries nearby. There is a Sainsbury's local within easy walking distance. Bus and tube connections are also within an easy walking distance. I highly recommend this hostel.

Top bloke, didnt get wifi or mobile data in the rooms and there was the occasional drug dealer in the pub. Overall solid stay though

The bed was not the best. I felt the spring in my back.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

You totally get what you pay for. Cheap accom. Pub on the bottom of the hostel is a mega plus. Close to shops, supermarket over the road is 24/7.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Bed bugs, no light. I had three 5 nightmare nights. When I presented the problem they just said "it happens"

• 15th Jul 2014

There were many creepy and annoying people living in the room (number 24), my boyfriend and I got scared. We couldnt even speak or turn on the light at 9 am as there was a french woman complaining all the time. I couldnt sleep well because of 2 men in the room that were snoring and farting like pigs. Furthermore the foot odor was terrible, there was no proper window, just a tiny window, no ventilation, very dark, and it was kind of claustrofobic due to the low ceiling. WIFI didnt work in room.

The stuff is very nice, you can leave the luggage for 1 pound after the check out. For us the location was fine, about 45 minutes from the city center by tram. You need to get cash to pay once you arrive because they did not accept to pay by card, and you need to bring with you earplugs if you want to sleep. There are more than 1 floor but we had got a room in the ground floor and was to noise, people laughing and having arguments at 1:30 and 4 at night. The value for money is fine.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4