No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

The hostel was not bad for the price, but one little thing that I dislike was that I didn't notice, I would have to pay £20 deposit (IN CASH) along with the fee for the day I stay at the moment I arrived. In general, everything is just fine with me, the room is clean, the location was not too bad, I mean it is in zoon 3 (And the hostel is just 5 min from the station). The bathroom is a little disappointed, as the light went off every 20 min and the shower was stuff.

Very dirty, very noisy, it looks like as if since 80's there nothing was no any renovation.

Control of rowdy groups, loud arguments right outside the door not so fun

• 27th Jul 2015

I liked the atmosphere, the friendly and handsome guys at the counter, and relative quiet. Did not like the smelly sheets and toilets. The room was decent besides the sheets and covers--you get what you pay for.

My girlfriend and I arrived here by taxi, the building looks nice from the outside but there was really shady clientele standing outside as there's a bar inside. The hostel itself is dirty and worn down beyond belief, and the staff had double booked our private room so we had to stay in a 16 person dorm, and the staff barged in to ask us for full payment at midnight, unbelievable!! We went to a much nicer place after only one night for the same price. One of the worst places ever, avoid!!

Away from London. Dirty, terrible atmosphere. Meant as a one night stay

I stayed here over the weekend but hardly slept at all. My room wasn't cleaned up when I checked in: there were crisp crumbs and dust on the floor and the trash can was full of the previous guest's garbage. One of the ceiling lamps and sockets were hanging from their wires dangerously and the pub downstairs played loud music in Friday night almost until 2am. I don't think I would stay in this hostel again. The staff was friendly but overall the experience wasn't worth it.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Finland

You definitely pay for what you get- at under £20pppn, the room was small and dirty, the window didn't shut properly, the underattended disco on the Friday night went on loudly regardless of whether anyone was dancing or not (they weren't) and there are only 4 toilets for the whole hostel, inside which the showers are also located- so if you want the toilet when the showers (which are cold) are in use, you gotta wait. The staff were good-humoured though and it's very close to the tube.

The Hostel No.8 is a nice Hostel to visit for a short- term trip in London. The bedroom mattress are really thin and uncomfortable for long- term visit ( except the double bed room number 23). The facilities in the Hostel are cleaned several times a day, but the bathroom facilities seems not to be fully cleaned and uncomfortable to use the room. Few staffs members live in the Hostel and are really kind and chatty. The Hostel has its own Pub with a pool table, flatscreen and a beer garden.

• 14th Jul 2015

I only paid 80 pounds for a week which is great value considering the facilities. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Only complaint is that it is a bit dirty everywhere.

Worse hostel!!! Not ike photos

• 7th Jul 2015

Easy to get around close to the subway and buses. Bathroom is constantly wet on te floor which is a pain, a person should stand with a mop and quickly mop the floor for people in the morning or at least provide bath mats for a small fee. The place is secure though I did not like the night at the hostel it just looks really dodgy outside and there are a few regular customers at the pub downstairs who are shady characters. This didnt put me off overall was a good place to stay briefly.

• 5th Jul 2015

This was the cheapest hostel I had found, although surprisingly good. I stayed in a female dorm with only 4 beds, the room was clean, the toilets / showers were sometimes clean and sometimes not. For my purposes, transport to central London was excellent (direct bus to Marble Arch / Oxford Street / Russell Square).

• 4th Jul 2015

We booked a twin room. The beds are bunk type, with old and dirty mattresses. There was no TV and poor internt connection. During the night we could hear the music coming from the bar, it was difficult to fall asleep. The bathrooms were disgusting, it seems that was never been properply cleaned. I don't recommend. The price don't justifies the quality you'll found.

Not too bed hostel in the end of second zone. Of course as this was No8 hostel, they have not too much bathrooms for all the people. So prepare for standing in line for 15 mins. Apart from that hostel is ok. Just remember you need to give 20 GBP deposit for key, which they will return after checkout ( if you don't hand back key till 10 am you will pay 5GBP fee)

The place was so dirty and some of the facilities were broken. Impossible to get a hot shower at any time of the day. Place always smelt as well

The bathrooms are disgusting (and there's way way too few of them)

Nothing special but a decent hostel. I enjoyed my time here. Cheap, fine beds, clean enough and good security. If you are looking for luxury don't stay here but if you are on a budget you will have no problems with the hostel.

I stayed for about one hour before I changed hostel. I didn't feel safe as a solo female traveller. The staff spoke poor English and the whole neighbourhood felt shady. Bad enviroment and a smell from the night before as it is connected to a bar. The Wi-Fi didn't work and the beds felt like they were about to break down at any moment. It looks good on the website but it is really different up front. I lost 23 pund, but it was worth it.

I stayed at this hostel for a week. Granted, I only paid £9.95 per night for a female dorm, but I don't feel it was even worth that. There were security passes to give entry to the hostel section but anyone could seemingly get in as twice someone was found squatting and sleeping in the toilets rendering them useless for people who wanted to shower. Too far out of the way for central London and felt uncomfortable around the locals. Staff were almost never to be found. Never staying again.

• 27th Jun 2015