No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

Good environment, great location and good services. For a short period I would recommend this hostel.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Spain

I love the no. 8 Willesden Hostel London

Wifi doesn't reach bedrooms; there aren't any mugs or glasses at the kitchen, just plastic stuff; staff have a really bad accent; but the bathrooms are clean.

beds were the most unconfortable place i've ever slept.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Spain

This hostel was basically just a room for all the drunk people at the bar in the same building to pass out in. You could always hear drinks shouting in the bar and they were stunning into the room at like 5am. A lot of shady figures staying there as well. Location was about 20min from the city by underground. Not terrible but for as far out as it was, it was a lot sketchier than I expected

Amazing experience. Loved it!

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Pakistan
  • All Male Group, 18-24

There is a British expression: "cutting off your nose to spite your face" These guys didn't shoot themselves in the foot...They detonated a nuclear warhead where the sun does NOT shine! I won't detail security issues, I don't write instruction manuals for vermin, but if it's expensive, leave it at Hillspring (NW2 5RP) & pay their left luggage charge! U-NO-HOO-UR: If I had not been the bigger man that day forget your licence, you'd be in prison and people would be unemployed! IDIOT!!!

I only stayed one night but it was very comfortable for the price. The bathrooms were clean and the beds were relatively comfortable. There are small lockers in the rooms ( big enough for valuables not entire backpacks ) I got a 4 bed shared room with three other girls, it was over all a pretty pleasant stay in London. The wifi is a bit dodgy but not terrible and it's a bit far from the center of the city. I would probably stay again for the price.

The hostel is a bit outside of central London but it's very easy to get to town and Willesden has a ton of amazing diverse and super cheap food options. The wifi was iffy but decent when downstairs, the full-time residents were quite loud until very late but the cheats were clean, we had privacy and the bathrooms and kitchen were good.

The internet connection is very, very poor

It was OK, my room was pretty good and comfortable. Staff were freindly, I only spent a night there so am not the best judge but I would stay again. A bus into central ondon left from accross the street.

This hostel needs some things in the kitchen like dishcloth, it's minimal really. And the mattress are so poor.

Most of the people staying in the hostel that I spoke to were looking for jobs or lived in the hostel long-term. Needless to say there weren't many travelers when I was there and I actually felt judged for being a traveler. Additionally, I waa bitten by some kind of bug/spider in my sleep many times and spme of the springs in the mattresses lightly stabbed my side in my sleep. Not a place for solo travelers. Kitchen is good though.

Definitely worth the price! The rooms are very clean, and they keep the bathrooms as clean as possible. The man at the front desk was funny and welcoming. Very close to the tube too, which was important to me. It can be a bit loud outside at night, so if you're a light sleeper bring some earplugs, but overall I was pretty satisfied!

• 15th May 2015

Next to the reception has a pub (common area), where can watch any sport, the pub prices are OK, and the staff is very helpful

there are staff, other people told me that he's call andy, how ever he told me that he's name Michael. there is no one told me that if i am not check out on 10:00am, they would charge me 5pounds. they just told me if i lost the key, they would charge me 20pounds and have20 pounds deposit. I am check out not no 10:00am, then the guy(people call him andy) just give back me 15pounds andcharge me 5pounds for late of check out. he is so rude.he use his fingers toward to me and

• 10th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

The staff are very helpful

was more or less what we expected

There was no one to Open the reception counter in Morning. Time to Open is 8 A.M but on 6 may 2015 I and other people waited till 9:30 to check out and get back our deposit. I Needed to pick a rental car but I have to go without check out and then came again to check out in afternoon. I wasted lot of time.

The cost-benefit of the hostel is pretty good. It is a bit far from the city centre, but the tube station is near. But the vicinity of the hostel is dangerous, so be careful.

• 3rd May 2015