No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

The Hostel is not very clean.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

The wireless internet never worked. Eventually they let me use the network from the pub downstairs, which *almost* never worked.

• 28th Apr 2014

I'll start with the positives. The bathroom was clean and the shower hot and powerful. Having a good quality hairdryer in there was also a bonus. However, I didn't enjoy my stay at all unfortunately. The majority of people staying here are residents and they live in the hostel full time. It isn't somewhere to have a fun stay and meet fellow travellers, and it has an intimidating and unfriendly atmosphere in a pretty horrible area.

This hostel is horrible. The look on our door was very dodgy, customer service nonexistent. This hostel seems much more a half way house than a hostel and the bar downstairs has a very unfriendly environment. The beds are clean, but awful mattress and VERY squeaky. The bathrooms are nice, but there seems to be one per floor so very busy. It's SO nosy if you are next to a bathroom - woken at 7am by someone hacking up their guts & singing for 40 min Spend a little extra & do not stay here

• 26th Apr 2014

My bed was no comfortable. But all in all was really good

The pictures on the website made it look completely different to the room we were actually given.

• 15th Apr 2014

Uncomfortable atmosphere for backpackers- there were a lot of long-term, much-older guests. There were bathroom renovations going on, so the lines for toilet and shower facilities were long. The mattress was clean and comfortable, though, and there were big cupboards to lock your belongings in. It's not in central London, but it's very near the Tube (Jubilee line). A decent place to stay if you're on a tight budget, though I wouldn't go back.

Whist I was here there was some building works going on inside which looked like it could be new toilets which would be good because there were only 2 toilets which were in the same cubicles as showers so was a long wait to use them. Building work was annoying woke me up early morning and building stuff in hallway but once its finished it'll be amazing. Only bad thing was that even though its a non smoking place there was always someone smoking and the smell gets into the rooms and stinks.

Best one-word description- seedy!! This is the worst I've seen in London yet- you can get much better quality for similar price elsewhere. Most of the 'hostellers' are people who actually live there and they were surly and uncouth. Its far on the tube, the building is very old and run-down, there was NO hot (or even warm) water in the shower and I was warned to watch my stuff and keep doors locked because of the other clientelle. Scary feeling. Free computer and a friendly bar-man were plusses.

I have stayed here a few times and I will always use it every time I stay in London. You just can't fault N.O 8 for the price you pay and it's a couple of minutes away from dollis hill so commuting is easy. The staff are great and you'll always meet interesting people there. I've seen some bad reviews for this place and can only assume these people don't really get hostels. Normally cheap accomadation is pretty forgettable but I have many good memories from here

I'll start with the positive things of the hostel: staff and clean bathrooms. The staff is really kind and willing to help. The negative aspects of the hostel are: wifi was not working, not towels in the rooms, dirty sheets, location is pretty far from the city centre, power sockets in my room only worked for few hours.

it's very good for me

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Kuwait

Very helpful staff. A lot of place to hang around. Good stop to start London Adventure

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Poland

Great Hostel Great People Great Staff Great Beer!! =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =)=) =) =) =) =) =) =)=) =) =) =)=) =)=) =) =)

No staff before 9am, so no way to return key before the to get 20! pound deposit back. Too bad if you have yo catch a train. Cold shower a time when no one else using. Won't be going back.

It was one of the worst hostels I ever visited. The WIFI was not working at all, neither was the internet on the computers the customer could use. Also, when I took a shower there was no warm water. I do not like to have a cold shower on Sunday morning. There was a lot of noise at night and in the morning in the hostel. We had a very thin duvet on our bed, so we asked for an extra one. At first, this was apparently too much to ask for. We had to ask another time before we got a (single) one.

• 21st Mar 2014

It Was a very bad experience. The price was really cheap but it didn't have the minimum requirements as hot water, wifi, towels and there were no pillow and sheets in my bed. At least, Ryan gave us a new room when a strange man was disturbing me and my friend in the room. I wouldn't never come back or recommend it!!

In renovation New kitchen, new showers

• 17th Mar 2014

For two weeks the heating was off and the room was freezing! Beds are infested by bugs and the rooms are smelly! Last three days internet wasn't working. The staff is friendly and polite though and the atmosphere is ok.

it could be cheaper, other good

• 27th Feb 2014