No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

Friendly stuff, clean and renovated places. Mattresses were not so good, but for a few days was fine. Bathroom was often busy in the morning and evening, so you just had to adapt and use bathrooms in other floors. Internet access (wi-fi) only in the computer room. Definitely a good stay for such a low price.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Slovenia

Nice place, close to the tube station. Spacious rooms with lockers and shelves, kind staff. No problems with early arriving and leaving your stuff before check in time. Good Wi-Fi. Cleanliness is average but not the worst place I've seen. Generally good for that price.

nice place, very recommendable but you should bring your own bedlines

• 16th May 2014

This is the third year in a row I have stayed here, and since my last visit last summer they have redone the bathrooms, showers, kitchen, bedroom layouts. It is MUCH better than before. I would recommend staying here if your after a more community and friendly feel than a posh hotel for the upper class. In this hostel there's a bar downstairs, and on my last evening I had some dinner with room mates in the bar and we were all in our PJ's! Fabulous time! Thanks and cya again next year!

• 14th May 2014

You created a very reasonable place to stay. I would only suggest for your own benefit to allow people to check in 24hrs - this shouldn't be a problem and can easily generate another 1K a week.

The Location of No.* Willesden Hostel was good for us, located near Cricklewood in north london, it isnt far from a line into central london. At £15pp it was good value for money. There were many facilities avaialble, including a bar, fully fitted kitchen area, pool table. However, of the 4 showeres available only 1 was working. We had no complaints about the staff who were accomodating to us.

• 10th May 2014

Much more a long term stay place with long term stay dwellers. Affordable hostel located in zone 3 for the tube. Staff is comprehensive, but long term stayers are wierd and too inquisive more than usualy. The smaller rooms are recomended, bigger rooms lack of air flowing and it can be smelly, dirty and wet atmosphere. They have enough lockers.

The hostel was in a very ugly neighborhood and far away from the centre. The bathroom and the room were not properly cleaned. I didn't feel very secure as the entrance for the hostel was after the hostel bar making it very easy for strangers to go in, but I did not have any problem. When we arrived the lady was not sure about which beds we were going to be in and she did not provide any of the useful onformation (where things are etc) though it was not difficult to find that out.

The cleanliness was not very good, and there were only two showers per floor. But the rooms were ok. The hostel is very friendly and we had a really good time there.

The facility was extremely dirty and smelly. There was a bunch of teenagers screaming and running around in the corridors all night until 4am in the morning. It did not feel safe to tell them off and nobody of the staff came up and intervened. Worst stay ever. Will definitely not come back.

• 1st May 2014

Due to my travel plans changing I did not stay at the No.8 Hostel in London but I would consider staying in the future.

• 1st May 2014

The Hostel is not very clean.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

The wireless internet never worked. Eventually they let me use the network from the pub downstairs, which *almost* never worked.

• 28th Apr 2014

I'll start with the positives. The bathroom was clean and the shower hot and powerful. Having a good quality hairdryer in there was also a bonus. However, I didn't enjoy my stay at all unfortunately. The majority of people staying here are residents and they live in the hostel full time. It isn't somewhere to have a fun stay and meet fellow travellers, and it has an intimidating and unfriendly atmosphere in a pretty horrible area.

This hostel is horrible. The look on our door was very dodgy, customer service nonexistent. This hostel seems much more a half way house than a hostel and the bar downstairs has a very unfriendly environment. The beds are clean, but awful mattress and VERY squeaky. The bathrooms are nice, but there seems to be one per floor so very busy. It's SO nosy if you are next to a bathroom - woken at 7am by someone hacking up their guts & singing for 40 min Spend a little extra & do not stay here

• 26th Apr 2014

My bed was no comfortable. But all in all was really good

The pictures on the website made it look completely different to the room we were actually given.

• 15th Apr 2014

Uncomfortable atmosphere for backpackers- there were a lot of long-term, much-older guests. There were bathroom renovations going on, so the lines for toilet and shower facilities were long. The mattress was clean and comfortable, though, and there were big cupboards to lock your belongings in. It's not in central London, but it's very near the Tube (Jubilee line). A decent place to stay if you're on a tight budget, though I wouldn't go back.

Whist I was here there was some building works going on inside which looked like it could be new toilets which would be good because there were only 2 toilets which were in the same cubicles as showers so was a long wait to use them. Building work was annoying woke me up early morning and building stuff in hallway but once its finished it'll be amazing. Only bad thing was that even though its a non smoking place there was always someone smoking and the smell gets into the rooms and stinks.