No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

The hostel was in a very ugly neighborhood and far away from the centre. The bathroom and the room were not properly cleaned. I didn't feel very secure as the entrance for the hostel was after the hostel bar making it very easy for strangers to go in, but I did not have any problem. When we arrived the lady was not sure about which beds we were going to be in and she did not provide any of the useful onformation (where things are etc) though it was not difficult to find that out.

The cleanliness was not very good, and there were only two showers per floor. But the rooms were ok. The hostel is very friendly and we had a really good time there.

The facility was extremely dirty and smelly. There was a bunch of teenagers screaming and running around in the corridors all night until 4am in the morning. It did not feel safe to tell them off and nobody of the staff came up and intervened. Worst stay ever. Will definitely not come back.

• 1st May 2014

Due to my travel plans changing I did not stay at the No.8 Hostel in London but I would consider staying in the future.

• 1st May 2014

The Hostel is not very clean.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

The wireless internet never worked. Eventually they let me use the network from the pub downstairs, which *almost* never worked.

• 28th Apr 2014

I'll start with the positives. The bathroom was clean and the shower hot and powerful. Having a good quality hairdryer in there was also a bonus. However, I didn't enjoy my stay at all unfortunately. The majority of people staying here are residents and they live in the hostel full time. It isn't somewhere to have a fun stay and meet fellow travellers, and it has an intimidating and unfriendly atmosphere in a pretty horrible area.

This hostel is horrible. The look on our door was very dodgy, customer service nonexistent. This hostel seems much more a half way house than a hostel and the bar downstairs has a very unfriendly environment. The beds are clean, but awful mattress and VERY squeaky. The bathrooms are nice, but there seems to be one per floor so very busy. It's SO nosy if you are next to a bathroom - woken at 7am by someone hacking up their guts & singing for 40 min Spend a little extra & do not stay here

• 26th Apr 2014

My bed was no comfortable. But all in all was really good

The pictures on the website made it look completely different to the room we were actually given.

• 15th Apr 2014

Uncomfortable atmosphere for backpackers- there were a lot of long-term, much-older guests. There were bathroom renovations going on, so the lines for toilet and shower facilities were long. The mattress was clean and comfortable, though, and there were big cupboards to lock your belongings in. It's not in central London, but it's very near the Tube (Jubilee line). A decent place to stay if you're on a tight budget, though I wouldn't go back.

Whist I was here there was some building works going on inside which looked like it could be new toilets which would be good because there were only 2 toilets which were in the same cubicles as showers so was a long wait to use them. Building work was annoying woke me up early morning and building stuff in hallway but once its finished it'll be amazing. Only bad thing was that even though its a non smoking place there was always someone smoking and the smell gets into the rooms and stinks.

Best one-word description- seedy!! This is the worst I've seen in London yet- you can get much better quality for similar price elsewhere. Most of the 'hostellers' are people who actually live there and they were surly and uncouth. Its far on the tube, the building is very old and run-down, there was NO hot (or even warm) water in the shower and I was warned to watch my stuff and keep doors locked because of the other clientelle. Scary feeling. Free computer and a friendly bar-man were plusses.

I have stayed here a few times and I will always use it every time I stay in London. You just can't fault N.O 8 for the price you pay and it's a couple of minutes away from dollis hill so commuting is easy. The staff are great and you'll always meet interesting people there. I've seen some bad reviews for this place and can only assume these people don't really get hostels. Normally cheap accomadation is pretty forgettable but I have many good memories from here

I'll start with the positive things of the hostel: staff and clean bathrooms. The staff is really kind and willing to help. The negative aspects of the hostel are: wifi was not working, not towels in the rooms, dirty sheets, location is pretty far from the city centre, power sockets in my room only worked for few hours.

it's very good for me

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Kuwait

Very helpful staff. A lot of place to hang around. Good stop to start London Adventure

• 1st Apr 2014