No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

The hostel has a lot of potential I guess after they have finished they renovations. For now it is a very dirty place and one has to shower with cold water.

• 21st Feb 2014

I have been in many hostels all over the europe and this was one of the poorest.I stayed in a room for 2 with shared bathroom. the whole hostel and the room were very dirty and dusty. The receptionist was friendly and I asked him to vacuum my room. it never happened.There was a cup of ratpoison under the bed. We did't get any hot water on second floor, so we used the showers on third floor.Bathrooms were really dirty and someone had puked on the sink.You can hear the other travellers and traffic

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Finland

Stayed in a private room with shared bathroom. Clean room with good space for a single backpacker. Great value for money with price around twelve pounds and fridge. They don't accept cards and all nearby ATM charge for withdrawal. Thanks to the Sainsburys local store at 3 minutes walk from the hostel, I was able to withdraw free cash. Broken microwave; no kitchen ware - so no cooking. I could hear the loud traffic noise; but managed to sleep. No 24 hr receptionist. Twenty pounds deposit for key

When I read bad reviews on this hostel I don't understand the reason of them. It is the best one I've ever been to. London is not the safest, cleanest, cheapest and most quiet city in the world, it could never be. A great deal of people and identities, different customs, temporary accommodations and relationships, buzzing life and big businesses, it can't be as perfect as in our expectations. Don't bring too many dreams with you when you go there, you may not have room enough to enjoy your stay.

* Chosen despite many negative comments mentioned here * Unbeatable price * Unexpected expense - room key deposit of £ 20 * The room was rather clean, a little bit dusty locker and bed corners - not as terrible as described in comments * Shared bathroom cleaned twice a day, 24/7 hot water * Hostel quality corresponds with its price (at least) * Not recommended to families or couples, ideal for backpackers' stay * We were satisfied

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Czech Republic
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Bath and room very dirty, kitchen dirty and full facilities?? There are no plates, bowls or anything to cook...you have to bring everything yourself. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Lovely experience ! Nice people , nice staff , great atmosphere - the drink are a little bit pricey but it's alright after all.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Bulgaria

dirty room, stained bed lines, unconfortable beds. the only two constantly busy toilets were not better. one night the continuous smell of smoke in the corridor activated the fire detector just in front of our door (how annoying!) it took almost half an hour for them to switch it off. first they tried from the circuit breaker (with power going off-on, off-on in the building). then they made it easier and phisically detached the alarm from the ceiling with a cleaning mope. the detector has never

I did not yet travel to London .My arriving date is March/08/2014 . Cancelation was made 10 minutes after booking when total mess with dates was noticed. What mean "no booking fee" when you charged my visa with non refundable pay ??????

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I found a good place to stay, with good atmosphere with staff housed and good people, all I put this down to the place is the lack of hygiene in the bathrooms, they are too few to so many people staying at certain times of the day as it was better or enter, otherwise it is a good place to stay in value.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Spain

My room mate south Africa woman is rude, extremely sarcastic person to live with, nobody she talk to her or start conversation with her. otherwise the place is good to stay. there are mice in the kitchen, the kitchen is always dirty.

ugly hostel!!!!

This hostel is really good for money -quality and would recommend it to more people that travel around the world.

I AM NO LONGER AT THIS HOSTEL, THE MANAGEMENT CANCEL MY BOOKINGS FOR PREJUDICE AGAINST ME

Good place, i like the huge lockers, 6 PC for free use, Wifi 40%. You can buy locker by 3£ cross the street ...

I AM NO LONGER IN THIS ESTABLISHEMENT

Good place, i like the huge lockers and open space. only bad thing, the WIFI was terrible. AND the hard wired internet in the computer room was down for hours. Also a limited number of computer stations,during normal hours difficult to get a computer. I needed to bring my own lap top and sit between two computers and use my own ethernet CAT 5 cable to connect to the router directly. There absolutely needs to be more computers and a few Lap top hard wire docking stations would be nice as well.

• 5th Jan 2014

Friendly staff, clean rooms, bathrooms and hallways. Good location near an underground station which makes it very easy to go to centre of London for shopping, sightseeing etc. Stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. Great value for money. Didn't meet many backpackers. Seemed like most guests are long term stayers.

WORST HOSTEL IVE EVER EXPERIENCED! The dorm rooms smell so heinous, the beds are really uncomfortable, and the common room is a dingy bar that also smells.. We were supposed to stay for 5 nights but left after the 2nd because we were all eaten alive by FLEAS.. You're better off spending a few pounds extra because any other hostel is better than this one.

It is moldy. It had no charm. The toilets were dirty. The lights didn't work in the dorm. It is really far away from most everything in London. The staff didn't do anything.