No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

You have a very warm place to sleep but the bed is noisy. If you go a weekend prepare to have music coming from the bar until midnight. people are polite and the owner is a nice fella. ask him for good stuff to visit. he will give you good advice

It was fine; obviously no frills at all, but it was clean, didn't smell and I felt safe. What more can you ask for twenty-three quid in central(ish) London?

• 13th Mar 2015

The room was good and clean. Bathrooms were also. The toilet downstairs was puked all over in the sink and toilet, wasn't cleaned for two days which was gross. Also we couldn't get in at 12pm, because there were still people in the room, probably a log fault. But we could store our luggage which was nice. Staff was very friendly and helpfull. Public transport near hostel is OK.

• 7th Mar 2015

I asked for a refund and I changed hostel the next day as sleeping was impossible!!! There were drunk people shouting and laughing all night long i(till 5am!!!!) n the corridor. I understand it was Friday night but people should respect others and staff shouldn't be drunk enjoying the night with costumers.

• 6th Mar 2015

Horrendous.....Smelly bed ..leaky toilets ...showers dont work .....pub downstairs full of dope heads......no tv in room... with no sheets.....

• 3rd Mar 2015

The Hostel is actually really good for short stay in London. Is cheap and cosy... ok, maybe not the pub downstairs, but hostel is ok. I have only one suggestion to the staff - buy new mattresses!

The staff were very friendly and helpful - two carried my suitcase up to my single private room (No 12) at the top of the stairs....The room was spacious with its own fridge and a view over Dollis Hill high street. There is a computer room with 2 computers which are free to use {or, if you have your own laptop, there is free wifi). There is a large kitchen with ample cooking facilities and seating area. On my floor at the top of the building there were 2 clean showers. Hostel is near shops..

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Wales

The rooms were nice, but there are not enough toilets available (they are in the same rooms as the showers), and almost no tableware in the kitchen. The wifi connexion does not work, excepted in the kitchen. The page on Hostelworld indicated that breakfast was included, which was not the case.

• 13th Feb 2015

The reception is closed too early. I slept in the kitchen until the opening. It is not modern and The wifi doesnt work in the bedroom.

Facilities were cleaned morning and afternoon, that was a good thing, housekeeping was very nice, but there's still a lot to do downstairs, and in the computer room, only two computer for all the Hostel, luckily I had mine.

Excellent staff. Terrible showers.

The ambient is absolutely decadent. Staff is not trustworthy as they don't care about quality of rest. They dont give refunds. In despite of housekeeping efforts, there are mice.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Spain

I thank them for beeing such good hosts!!! Wish them all the best and keep the good job!!

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Romania

The best hostel ever!

nice hostel. We enjoyed.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Slovenia

the atmosphere was hostile and quite depressing, the location was a bit too far away from the centre for my liking and there were stains on the bed sheets and a broken window frame in our bedroom. Overall it was just about suitable to sleep in but I would not stay here again. I'm glad I was only staying for one night!

• 23rd Jan 2015

The place by itself it I good place, it has a kitchen, fridges, shower and bathroom were pretty good, but the environment is not good at all if you choose a value option. There are nobody to keep control of people already drunk or people getting into fights and all the racket won't let you sleep and have some rest. I stayed for 2 nights and were terrible bc of that.

The room was OK, the bed was not very comfortable but was OK for a night or two. There are no controls on the radiators so the room tend to get too hot, the windows can open but don't stay open as there was no latch to hold it open. The amenities in the bathroom was adequate, but no hot water available, just cold water, difficult if you just want to have a wash. The lights turn off after 20 minutes, leaving you in the dark. This caught me out several times, not a pleasant experience.

It's terrible that I have to cancel my room. They gave me a room where there was a couple sleeping inside

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Vietnam

The area where the hostel is located seems quite shady as it is also located very far away from the city of London. Therefore the high security, at the main front doors where you need a card to get into the building and the premises, is a good thing. Because there is also a bar downstairs the atmosphere is a little uncomfortable, and the cleanliness isn't satisfying, especially in the washing rooms. But all that is overweighed by the polite and cooperative staff and the fair cost for the stay.

• 28th Dec 2014