No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

WORST HOSTEL IVE EVER EXPERIENCED! The dorm rooms smell so heinous, the beds are really uncomfortable, and the common room is a dingy bar that also smells.. We were supposed to stay for 5 nights but left after the 2nd because we were all eaten alive by FLEAS.. You're better off spending a few pounds extra because any other hostel is better than this one.

It is moldy. It had no charm. The toilets were dirty. The lights didn't work in the dorm. It is really far away from most everything in London. The staff didn't do anything.

There were rats in the kitchen! During the stay, water fell from the ceiling from the bathroom upstairs and kept like that for days.

It was all right, I am happy I could stay there because I am a bit older than you advertise.

• 26th Dec 2013
  • Czech Republic

The worst hostel I ever stayed! The room wasn't clean and it was smelly! The bed wasn't confortable! The bathroom were really dirty! And there are only 2 bathrooms per floor!!! I wouldn't recommend this place for nobody! It is not a hostel for travelers, seen that some people live there. It is better to pay more but have a better place to stay! The worst place ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 24th Dec 2013

students attention: strongly advised not to stay at this hostel, this is the worst hostel I have ever stayed at!! most of the people living in this hostel does not seem to be students or travelers, they seem to be long-term stayers and there's a board for jobs, the area was terrible and loud beat music does not end until 2-3am. guaranteed! the staff intended to charge a higher price than shown hostelworld because our group of people seemed busy and tired but luckily one of us found out. worst p

For me has been very well . The personal very friendly and helpful. The cleaner girl was very friendly. In general my days in this hostel I have liked. Congratulations!!!!

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Spain

the cheapest hostel in near city center of London !!!!

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Hungary

This hostel is like psychiatric hospital . Most people are Italians who living in hostel . Many people sleeping in kitchen.

Positive: good ambience, staff helpful! Negative: bedbugs

Hostel No. 8 was our second hostel in London. The staff of the hostel was friendly and rooms were clean. We didn't appreciate the atmosphere, there were a lot of black walls, there was no real lounge (the pub was the lounge) and there was a different atmosphere than our previous one because there were a lot of elder people (>35). There was internet but it was very slow,opening your email on your laptop took almost 10 minutes. Internet on their own computers was better. Value for price is OK.

• 22nd Nov 2013

I had a great stay at this hostel and the value for money is incredible. Don't expect frills and luxury. For the price however, what more do you need? All was good....However,, the next morning was a huge disappointment! After the staff had made such a fuss of explaining the rules of the establishment, one of which was the checking out times, I was astounded to see that when it came to checking out the next morning no staff were there! They were 1.5 hours late in coming.

• 21st Nov 2013

Dont expect the Ritz but friendly and warm. Toilets and shower was clean and fellow guests friendly.

It is really annoying they ask to pay for all the stay beforehand, it is not reasonable as when you depart it is really the most convenient time because there are maybe changes in the length of the stay, longer or shorter. The staff and managers do not appreciate regular customers as they put a lot of pressure and do not have much consideration with regular customers in the hostel as I already lived nearly four months, they did not rely or appreciate me for that.

• 17th Nov 2013

Really enjoyed our stay. Bar downstairs is excellent.

• 16th Nov 2013

I spent a fortnight in the Hostel N°8 in Willesden and enjoyed my stay. The staff work long hours to keep the place pleasant in spite of bad manners and ignorance. The cleaning girls sort out and make bathrooms and bedrooms neat everyday and are always kind to everybody, they work so hard that I didn't need to wear slippers and spray disinfectant as usual when I had a shower. The receptionists are always polite and helpful and so are the workers who are refurbishing some areas of the hostel.

When we came inside, it smelled like beer. We booked a room for 4 girls in 1 room. This is the reason why we booked this hostel. Because all the other hostels said we couldn't sleep together in 1 room. But when we arrived, 2 of us had to sleep in a room for 2, and 2 of us had to sleep with 2 other girls. We weren't very happy about that. Also the bin wasn't empty and there were no sheets on the bed. 1 night a boy was very noisy, and the security didn't do anything.

The hostel was quite dirty, we were obliged to rewash everything before using it. Bathrooms weren't that clean...People were really noisy talking really loudly no matter the hour of the night. One night a boy almost kick down the door of his room because he couldn't get in, and hit ours just beacause he've seen one of us going in the bathroom. It was between 5 and 6 am....and in a way it was really scary. Nobody from the staff has taken part to stop it.

• 30th Oct 2013

The place is not clean, half of the lights of the first floor were not working which made us use only one bathroom for a big number of rooms. The atmosphere does not make us want to stay in the hostel to have a drink. However, it is good enough for a short stay, to have a cheap place to sleep in London. The location is fine even if the neighbourhood is not actractive at all.

• 26th Oct 2013

Dark, bad facilities, dirty, expensive and without breakfast.