No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

İ dont like this place because beds have got bugs and they was biting my body and staff everyday change my sheet but its not enought for bugs sorry but i hate this place and i left

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Turkey

We had high hopes when we came to London but were sadly disappointed. Hostel is VERY far from the city center which makes commuting lengthy and expensive. Rooms were decent until we found out through talking with other guests that there was an INFESTATION OF BED BUGS that has been happening for months. Everyone in the dorms had horrendous bites and the hostel was doing nothing about it. There were mice in the kitchen and the hostel was under renovation so everyone was using two bathrooms. AWFUL.

• 12th Aug 2013

dirty, noisey, corwded

When I was in the hostel..It was very odd that I should pay for the Wifi..thw wifi should be free for the people who staying at the hostel..During the last 2 nights the wifi was not working..I dont know why,,but the people in the hostel also didnt knew the reason..they send me to an internet cafe..and it was also closed..so they gave me wrong info..

BEDBUGS!!!!! We had to go to the doctor because of all the bugbites:( We would never again stay here even though it is cheap. Furthermore we stayed at the first floor - heard everybody going to the bathroom next door - no sleeping after 5am fossile:( Just BEDBUGS were worse than that.

Great people, great value.

• 9th Aug 2013

Kitchen was under-equipped (especially number of pots & pans etc), not enough room in the "dining area", internet was dismal. Maybe things will be better after the renovations they seemed to be doing?

Terrible. Dirty. Not safe for young women, DO NOT STAY HERE. I left after one night.

There heave problems with organization and control.

• 7th Aug 2013

A member of the staff cheated us the first day when we paid and stole us 10 pounds. Be careful! count the money by yourself in front of him and don't let they to count the money!!!. Moreover, the facilities sucks. There are no enough bathrooms and there is always a big queue waiting for using them. All places are dirty, with to much dust (including the rooms). They are also undergoing renovations in the entire building, so the odor and dust seeps into the rooms. Very very disappointing.

Not enough showers or toilets.

Great localization. Friendly staff.

• 3rd Aug 2013
  • Poland

The room was too small and definitely not clean. People used to enter in the room (plumber or cleaning lady) while we were in. My bed was in front of a big window on the ceiling without awning( there was a dirty sheet on it but didnt cover). Anyway the staff was excellent helpful and kind.

• 3rd Aug 2013

The hostel was a great value in London. A bit large when it came to dorm size, but that is London especially in the summer. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a decent hostel on a bus route from Victoria station.

Key word: cheap. As many say, you pay for what you get. Besides de cleanliness, which is poor, the main problem is that they don´t have enough showers and toilets. You would expect to wait from time to time for shower, but the toilets are in the same spot of the shower, so if someone is taking one, you can´t to the toilet either. Very poor Wi Fi. Kitchen not that useful. Low budget? Good for a couple of night. I wouldn´t recommend for long stays. There are better options around for similar price

Very good Hostel! :)

• 31st Jul 2013

The ratio money/quality is ok, though I think the hostel should improve some basics (even if it rises the prices by £1 or £2). The locker of the doors were very poor (we had to move the bed to block the door to feel safe at night). There should be an improvement of the kitchen (very few items to cook in microwave oven, the toaster is very dirty, there should be a little more cups and bowls), and they should buy an emergency kit (I had flu and they did not have a thermometer).

• 29th Jul 2013

I think that this hostel it's the wrost I'll was....there is juste a good thing: it's cheaper

• 28th Jul 2013

Although our stay was during high season, the hostel decided it was time to renovate the bathroom. During our 5 night stay, we were woken up every morning at 9 am by drilling and hammering. This also meant that there were 4 toilets for all the hostels guests, which as you can imagine got pretty crowded. The kitchen had mice and the beds, although soft, were filled with bedbugs. All in all the hostel was of average standards, but our specific stay was rather poor.

• 28th Jul 2013
  • Denmark

We have book in advance three places in four room dormitory and when we arrived we were accommodated into two separate rooms. The bathrooms were in very poor condition except the one which was currently under renovation. Because of the bathroom renovation the whole hostel was vary dirty. If you are counting on a decent sleep than you can forget about it if you are staying during the weekend. The music from the bar will not let you sleep until 2 am.

• 27th Jul 2013