No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

The place is not clean, half of the lights of the first floor were not working which made us use only one bathroom for a big number of rooms. The atmosphere does not make us want to stay in the hostel to have a drink. However, it is good enough for a short stay, to have a cheap place to sleep in London. The location is fine even if the neighbourhood is not actractive at all.

• 26th Oct 2013

Dark, bad facilities, dirty, expensive and without breakfast.

Remember that you get what you pay for. The place was definitely not very clean, and while we were there the bathrooms on one of the floors wasn't working so there was always a line to use the bathroom/shower. They're also co-ed. I had heard of bedbug problems, but thankfully my room didn't have any. The staff is very friendly though, and very wiling to answer any questions or help you out. We also got free drinks, which is always a plus. Also, free bbq on Friday.

• 25th Oct 2013

There are some problems with this Hostel, especialy quantity of bathrooms is to small - there were always queue. The biggest room on the ground floor, doesn`t have windows and there is really hot, even in october. Building is quite old, so lights and taps are broken. You can find mice in rooms, but finally value for money.

• 24th Oct 2013
  • Poland

Hello! The Hostel was OK, but i need to complain about the toilets which wasnt working good, there was no toilet paper, lights in some toilets and to small number of toilets for so many people in hostel. There was no hairdryer too!

• 24th Oct 2013
  • Slovenia

Awesome place to stay or just hang out! Only issue we had was with the yale locks being a bit funny but not too major a problem, as long as we can get in. Hostel was cleaner than some "hotels" in the Euston area!

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

i am so proud of Alice, Franchesca, michelle, and Trevor. they are making my stay very peaceful and enjoyable

really good hostel, nice common area to watch movies and meet fellow travelers, Great value for money, would reccommend

What you'd expect for that price, basically. Nice and helpful staff.

• 17th Oct 2013
  • Sweden

The hostel, is in a good location on 10 mins walk from Dollis Hill tube station (Jubilee Line) Tube zone 3. However the hostel is not too clean. If you need internet a lot of the time the internet connection there is abysmal especially at night. The kitchen area was disgusting and the shower pressure is not good. However the atmosphere is great, staff and guests are a friendly bunch, there was karaoke, also free bbq on fridays, I'd stay for the atmosphere not the facilities.

Generally it was a pleasant stay. I've managed to loose an entry door card, which was given to me in a broken cardholder, to which staff member stated that I have broken it myself and therefore they have to charge me my deposit for the lost card. Generally ok location and facilities, but there is a scope for more. The place is not very clean.

• 16th Oct 2013
  • Lithuania

Wanted somewhere to rest my head and knew from the price it wasn't going to be great but it was really dirty.It looked like the room had not been cleaned since the last person was in there & the toilet looked like it had not been cleaned in weeks. Wanted a towel but the man at reception advised me not to which is never good. There was also building work going on,the whole place needs a serious renovation and a good clean. Just pay the extra 10 pound and get a nicer place in a better side of town

Blaring uk garage music playing late. Don't accept card, only cash for some reason. Take £20 cash deposit for v. basic key which can only be returned during an inconvenient 1-hour timeslot (9-10am). Must be making a killing on non-returned keys! Definitely seems dodgy...

• 9th Oct 2013

Hi ! The music we play is Kiss FM radio, not a garage playing radio station. No cards because we do not have a credit card machine, hence the cash. Guests can return the key when they checkout from 8am the following day. There is not a 1 hour time slot. Please come again!

stuff i read about bed bugs seemed to be true,would not go there as it is very noisy at nights,strangers walking in the halls in hostel,very dirty bathrooms,not worth it at all

Hi Thanks for your comments we will look into this situation. It is the first we have heard of this. Please come again!

The staff was friendly but it far away from the city so if you go sightseeing and then something happens with the underground (as it is to be expected) you ar kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere. We had to change keys for the room two times because they didn't work and then it still was only with some talent that you could open the door. There was mold in our room at the ceiling so my brother felt rather uncomfortable being directly beneath it. Other than that the cleanlness was ok.

Dirty sheets, dirty facilities, understaffed, overpriced, utter rubbish..

Great staff and great people staying there to meet. I read some bad reviews for this place before I went, these must be the kind of people that are never happy with anything. For the price in zone 2 you can't go wrong here

Hi Thanks for the feedback. We aim to please and try to give all customers value for money. Please come again!

OK, apart from having to checkout between 9-10am, no sooner, no later. Extremely inconvenient and pretty lazy tbh.

This place is crawling with bed bugs. I hate to say it and I didn't want to believe it when I read the reviews before staying here. I was in the 20 bed dorm and the 6 bed dorm, but even a guy in a private room asked if I had been bit yet! I got bit on my feet and arms, saw the bugs with my own eyes, and told the guy when I left. He said if I had told them sooner they would change the mattress, but that wouldn't change anything - they are everywhere including the holes in the walls!

• 4th Oct 2013

Avoid no. 8!!! I have stayed in a lot of hostels and I have never seen one as dirty as No. 8 Hostel. My friend and I both woke up covered in bedbug bites, there were no lockers, and the community bathrooms were completely repulsive. The only reason this place gets good reviews is because the bar bribes you by offering a free drink to people who write a positive review.This isn't a normal hostel filled with college-age travelers. It resembled a halfway house full of dirty, old, creepy men.

• 3rd Oct 2013