No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

My bed was no comfortable. But all in all was really good

The pictures on the website made it look completely different to the room we were actually given.

• 15th Apr 2014

Uncomfortable atmosphere for backpackers- there were a lot of long-term, much-older guests. There were bathroom renovations going on, so the lines for toilet and shower facilities were long. The mattress was clean and comfortable, though, and there were big cupboards to lock your belongings in. It's not in central London, but it's very near the Tube (Jubilee line). A decent place to stay if you're on a tight budget, though I wouldn't go back.

Whist I was here there was some building works going on inside which looked like it could be new toilets which would be good because there were only 2 toilets which were in the same cubicles as showers so was a long wait to use them. Building work was annoying woke me up early morning and building stuff in hallway but once its finished it'll be amazing. Only bad thing was that even though its a non smoking place there was always someone smoking and the smell gets into the rooms and stinks.

Best one-word description- seedy!! This is the worst I've seen in London yet- you can get much better quality for similar price elsewhere. Most of the 'hostellers' are people who actually live there and they were surly and uncouth. Its far on the tube, the building is very old and run-down, there was NO hot (or even warm) water in the shower and I was warned to watch my stuff and keep doors locked because of the other clientelle. Scary feeling. Free computer and a friendly bar-man were plusses.

I have stayed here a few times and I will always use it every time I stay in London. You just can't fault N.O 8 for the price you pay and it's a couple of minutes away from dollis hill so commuting is easy. The staff are great and you'll always meet interesting people there. I've seen some bad reviews for this place and can only assume these people don't really get hostels. Normally cheap accomadation is pretty forgettable but I have many good memories from here

I'll start with the positive things of the hostel: staff and clean bathrooms. The staff is really kind and willing to help. The negative aspects of the hostel are: wifi was not working, not towels in the rooms, dirty sheets, location is pretty far from the city centre, power sockets in my room only worked for few hours.

it's very good for me

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Kuwait

Very helpful staff. A lot of place to hang around. Good stop to start London Adventure

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Poland

Great Hostel Great People Great Staff Great Beer!! =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =)=) =) =) =) =) =) =)=) =) =) =)=) =)=) =) =)

No staff before 9am, so no way to return key before the to get 20! pound deposit back. Too bad if you have yo catch a train. Cold shower a time when no one else using. Won't be going back.

It was one of the worst hostels I ever visited. The WIFI was not working at all, neither was the internet on the computers the customer could use. Also, when I took a shower there was no warm water. I do not like to have a cold shower on Sunday morning. There was a lot of noise at night and in the morning in the hostel. We had a very thin duvet on our bed, so we asked for an extra one. At first, this was apparently too much to ask for. We had to ask another time before we got a (single) one.

• 21st Mar 2014

It Was a very bad experience. The price was really cheap but it didn't have the minimum requirements as hot water, wifi, towels and there were no pillow and sheets in my bed. At least, Ryan gave us a new room when a strange man was disturbing me and my friend in the room. I wouldn't never come back or recommend it!!

In renovation New kitchen, new showers

• 17th Mar 2014

For two weeks the heating was off and the room was freezing! Beds are infested by bugs and the rooms are smelly! Last three days internet wasn't working. The staff is friendly and polite though and the atmosphere is ok.

it could be cheaper, other good

• 27th Feb 2014
  • usk2
  • Czech Republic

Very social great beer

The staff is absolutely excellent! We are two girls staying this hostel. We had booked a 18 bed mix room. When we checked in, the staff said he had made a mistake that the rest people in the room were all male. Therefore, he gave us another room. (This is his explanation I think, as my English is very poor..) We are very appreciative of it. I don't know his name, but, thanks a lot!

The hostel has a lot of potential I guess after they have finished they renovations. For now it is a very dirty place and one has to shower with cold water.

• 21st Feb 2014

I have been in many hostels all over the europe and this was one of the poorest.I stayed in a room for 2 with shared bathroom. the whole hostel and the room were very dirty and dusty. The receptionist was friendly and I asked him to vacuum my room. it never happened.There was a cup of ratpoison under the bed. We did't get any hot water on second floor, so we used the showers on third floor.Bathrooms were really dirty and someone had puked on the sink.You can hear the other travellers and traffic

• 21st Feb 2014