No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

Great hostel, I'd definitely recommend it!

"Cleanlness" is a major problem in the kitchen area, majority of the travellers just don"t care. you hate it when you cone to the kitchen in the morning. materials, plates, cups, entire utensils in the sink and they blocked all areas with their stuff and you cannot even find your way around. management must take the matter seriously

The Staff is just great, they are very friendly and even the managers and owners help out with any questions or concerns you might have.

• 19th Sep 2013
  • Mexico

I like this place. No.8 Hostel is really good!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• 18th Sep 2013
  • South Korea

Great value for money, clean with no problems will be back!!!!!

best hostel i have been in. the big kitchen is great and everyone is friendly

Great value for money! Less than 5 minutes from the tube station, friendly staff and guests, nice atmosphere at bar. Spacious, comfortable bed and clean bathrooms, and free wifi is a cherry on top :)

• 12th Sep 2013
  • Cyprus

Hostel has pretty good location, in first look, it's weird place if you arrive in the evening. Rooms are cleaned every day as well as whole restroom. I was in room for 4 female. The beds were fine, but wifi was not stabil. If I'm talking about staff, there was one slowly older guy, but awesome blondie, who helped us a lot ;). The worst thing was the smell down stairs.. If I'm coming next time imma def use this hostel again. :)

• 10th Sep 2013
  • Czech Republic

Our stay was pretty good, the hostel was clean, its 20-30 minutes from the city center (using underground). Just the mattresses very really bad. Overall for the money we paid, it was fine.

Great team, great atmosphere, best deal! Recommand!

• 7th Sep 2013
  • Romania

This hostel is very nasty. Bed bugs, humid, smelly. Although the staff was decent some of the guest were less than supportive of a traveling Ameican. I got assaulted and they ended up kicking ME out. Stuff was also missing. I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS HOSTEL TO ANYBODY. BE AWARE.

• 5th Sep 2013

I've really enjoyed my stay in this hostel!

Had to pay £2 every night for my guitar to be safe, while any1 in 18 dorm had much more free space. I was happy with how responsive the staff were to my issues with the hostel, but surprised there's not 24 hour staff service, like other hostels. Bar is too loud and not very comfy to be doing personal things. Computer room was always HOT. A Lounge is definitely needed. Bed bugs bed bugs bed bugs!!! Ew and very painful/uncomfortable. Bottom floor bathroom - I could barely breath it smelled so bad.

• 3rd Sep 2013

It was nice and cosy, I really enjoyed my visit.

• 30th Aug 2013
  • Sweden

This is a nice hostel located to a lot of shops and cheap eats. I ate for under 5 pounds at every meal. The wifi is pretty spotty, unless you're in the pub. Other than that, good service and a nice place, though it's a bit on the shady side of town. They did some renovations and I had to be out of my room all day - not a problem, but they worked past the time they said they would be. They took out the lockers and put in a fridge - inconvenient and confusing. I had no place to store clothes.

• 27th Aug 2013

The hostel was easy to find and close to the tube and bus stops. There was small stores and food places around the hostel. That made it a bit noisy in the mornings. The beds were okay and we noticed that there was cleaning more than once a day. Only thing that bothered us was bed bugs. We saw one but none of us got symptoms from the bite there but apparently my friend had them travelling home with her. Not nice! Showers werent that bad, plenty of warm water. No security lockers in every room.

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Finland

Disgusting standards at this hostel. Rooms, toilets and showers filthy, floor covered in water. 2 toilets for 30+ people on the first floor. Homeless people living in the rooms, very territoral and intimidating toward short term guests. Cheap but NOT WORTH IT. Palmer's lodge hostel down the road (Willesden Green) has rooms for 20 or 25 pounds and is amazingly better.

i felt comfortable staying in the hostel ifever i come to london again i will still stay in this hostel

on my arrival, I tried to cancel the last of three nights - I was told that I could just cancel the whole booking which for me, having worked in a hostel for three years in which the rule "cancel 24hrs before" was valid from day to day and not by arrival date for a whole booking, was strange. "the customer is always right" would be different, and altogether - the staff has done its job, but nothing more, no smile, no hello in the hall or when entering the room...

there are some insects in the hostel, at night somebody came into our room. when we arrived, the room was not ready, the hostel offers free drinks for positive opinions so there are many of them.

• 22nd Aug 2013