No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

This hostel is really good for money -quality and would recommend it to more people that travel around the world.

I AM NO LONGER AT THIS HOSTEL, THE MANAGEMENT CANCEL MY BOOKINGS FOR PREJUDICE AGAINST ME

Good place, i like the huge lockers, 6 PC for free use, Wifi 40%. You can buy locker by 3£ cross the street ...

I AM NO LONGER IN THIS ESTABLISHEMENT

Good place, i like the huge lockers and open space. only bad thing, the WIFI was terrible. AND the hard wired internet in the computer room was down for hours. Also a limited number of computer stations,during normal hours difficult to get a computer. I needed to bring my own lap top and sit between two computers and use my own ethernet CAT 5 cable to connect to the router directly. There absolutely needs to be more computers and a few Lap top hard wire docking stations would be nice as well.

• 5th Jan 2014

Friendly staff, clean rooms, bathrooms and hallways. Good location near an underground station which makes it very easy to go to centre of London for shopping, sightseeing etc. Stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. Great value for money. Didn't meet many backpackers. Seemed like most guests are long term stayers.

WORST HOSTEL IVE EVER EXPERIENCED! The dorm rooms smell so heinous, the beds are really uncomfortable, and the common room is a dingy bar that also smells.. We were supposed to stay for 5 nights but left after the 2nd because we were all eaten alive by FLEAS.. You're better off spending a few pounds extra because any other hostel is better than this one.

It is moldy. It had no charm. The toilets were dirty. The lights didn't work in the dorm. It is really far away from most everything in London. The staff didn't do anything.

There were rats in the kitchen! During the stay, water fell from the ceiling from the bathroom upstairs and kept like that for days.

It was all right, I am happy I could stay there because I am a bit older than you advertise.

• 26th Dec 2013
  • Czech Republic

The worst hostel I ever stayed! The room wasn't clean and it was smelly! The bed wasn't confortable! The bathroom were really dirty! And there are only 2 bathrooms per floor!!! I wouldn't recommend this place for nobody! It is not a hostel for travelers, seen that some people live there. It is better to pay more but have a better place to stay! The worst place ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 24th Dec 2013

students attention: strongly advised not to stay at this hostel, this is the worst hostel I have ever stayed at!! most of the people living in this hostel does not seem to be students or travelers, they seem to be long-term stayers and there's a board for jobs, the area was terrible and loud beat music does not end until 2-3am. guaranteed! the staff intended to charge a higher price than shown hostelworld because our group of people seemed busy and tired but luckily one of us found out. worst p

For me has been very well . The personal very friendly and helpful. The cleaner girl was very friendly. In general my days in this hostel I have liked. Congratulations!!!!

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Spain

the cheapest hostel in near city center of London !!!!

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Hungary

This hostel is like psychiatric hospital . Most people are Italians who living in hostel . Many people sleeping in kitchen.

Positive: good ambience, staff helpful! Negative: bedbugs

Hostel No. 8 was our second hostel in London. The staff of the hostel was friendly and rooms were clean. We didn't appreciate the atmosphere, there were a lot of black walls, there was no real lounge (the pub was the lounge) and there was a different atmosphere than our previous one because there were a lot of elder people (>35). There was internet but it was very slow,opening your email on your laptop took almost 10 minutes. Internet on their own computers was better. Value for price is OK.

• 22nd Nov 2013

I had a great stay at this hostel and the value for money is incredible. Don't expect frills and luxury. For the price however, what more do you need? All was good....However,, the next morning was a huge disappointment! After the staff had made such a fuss of explaining the rules of the establishment, one of which was the checking out times, I was astounded to see that when it came to checking out the next morning no staff were there! They were 1.5 hours late in coming.

• 21st Nov 2013

Dont expect the Ritz but friendly and warm. Toilets and shower was clean and fellow guests friendly.

It is really annoying they ask to pay for all the stay beforehand, it is not reasonable as when you depart it is really the most convenient time because there are maybe changes in the length of the stay, longer or shorter. The staff and managers do not appreciate regular customers as they put a lot of pressure and do not have much consideration with regular customers in the hostel as I already lived nearly four months, they did not rely or appreciate me for that.

• 17th Nov 2013