No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

on my arrival, I tried to cancel the last of three nights - I was told that I could just cancel the whole booking which for me, having worked in a hostel for three years in which the rule "cancel 24hrs before" was valid from day to day and not by arrival date for a whole booking, was strange. "the customer is always right" would be different, and altogether - the staff has done its job, but nothing more, no smile, no hello in the hall or when entering the room...

there are some insects in the hostel, at night somebody came into our room. when we arrived, the room was not ready, the hostel offers free drinks for positive opinions so there are many of them.

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • Poland

It was very nice that the receptionist was waiting for us although there is no 24h reception . Our flight was delayed so we missed the bus etc. Very nice, helpful staff.

The place is teeming with BEDBUGS. I was supposed to stay 4 nights but I checked out after 2 because I was being eaten alive and was covered in itchy red bites (which are still visible and itchy five days later). When I checked out I said it was because of the bedbugs. The guy on the reception said: "Yeah, we're aware of this. We're dealing with it." How exactly are they dealing with it: by sending fresh meat in to feed these vicious little parasites? The place should be shut down by the HPA.

• 19th Aug 2013

The place is a mess, it looks like they haven't finish building the rooms. Is not clean!! I know the price cheap but is not a reason to not be clean!

This hostel was infested with bed bugs! Rooms very dirty as well!

Close to the trainstation, bit of a dodgy neighborhood and got a few stares from regulars downstairs. Showers were dirty but the rooms were clean. Overall its not bad if you're looking to see london on the cheap but like most things, you pay for what you get.

• 15th Aug 2013

very nice staff, rooms are alright , the facilities could be better

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Slovakia

Really loved the relaxed atmosphere, karaoke night was awesome! they could've cleaned the showers a little more often, but overall, it's AMAZING value for the money!

• 14th Aug 2013
  • Austria

not clean at all! bathrooms were disgusting and people had bed bugs!

• 13th Aug 2013

İ dont like this place because beds have got bugs and they was biting my body and staff everyday change my sheet but its not enought for bugs sorry but i hate this place and i left

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Turkey

We had high hopes when we came to London but were sadly disappointed. Hostel is VERY far from the city center which makes commuting lengthy and expensive. Rooms were decent until we found out through talking with other guests that there was an INFESTATION OF BED BUGS that has been happening for months. Everyone in the dorms had horrendous bites and the hostel was doing nothing about it. There were mice in the kitchen and the hostel was under renovation so everyone was using two bathrooms. AWFUL.

• 12th Aug 2013

dirty, noisey, corwded

When I was in the hostel..It was very odd that I should pay for the Wifi..thw wifi should be free for the people who staying at the hostel..During the last 2 nights the wifi was not working..I dont know why,,but the people in the hostel also didnt knew the reason..they send me to an internet cafe..and it was also closed..so they gave me wrong info..

BEDBUGS!!!!! We had to go to the doctor because of all the bugbites:( We would never again stay here even though it is cheap. Furthermore we stayed at the first floor - heard everybody going to the bathroom next door - no sleeping after 5am fossile:( Just BEDBUGS were worse than that.

Great people, great value.

• 9th Aug 2013

Kitchen was under-equipped (especially number of pots & pans etc), not enough room in the "dining area", internet was dismal. Maybe things will be better after the renovations they seemed to be doing?

Terrible. Dirty. Not safe for young women, DO NOT STAY HERE. I left after one night.

There heave problems with organization and control.

A member of the staff cheated us the first day when we paid and stole us 10 pounds. Be careful! count the money by yourself in front of him and don't let they to count the money!!!. Moreover, the facilities sucks. There are no enough bathrooms and there is always a big queue waiting for using them. All places are dirty, with to much dust (including the rooms). They are also undergoing renovations in the entire building, so the odor and dust seeps into the rooms. Very very disappointing.