No.8 Willesden Hostel London Reviews

305 High Rd, Willesden, London, England

Zeer goed hostel miste alleen koffie voor smorgens

This was the cheapest hostel I had found, although surprisingly good. I stayed in a female dorm with only 4 beds, the room was clean, the toilets / showers were sometimes clean and sometimes not. For my purposes, transport to central London was excellent (direct bus to Marble Arch / Oxford Street / Russell Square).

• 4th Jul 2015

The bathrooms are disgusting (and there's way way too few of them)

I stayed for about one hour before I changed hostel. I didn't feel safe as a solo female traveller. The staff spoke poor English and the whole neighbourhood felt shady. Bad enviroment and a smell from the night before as it is connected to a bar. The Wi-Fi didn't work and the beds felt like they were about to break down at any moment. It looks good on the website but it is really different up front. I lost 23 pund, but it was worth it.

Despite a very good emplacement for this establishment, this hostel is not the top quality! You should pay attention to the matresses you have, my friend still have the print of the spring in her back... The good point is that I noticed that somebody did clean the bathrooms twice or third time per day! Disappointed by the amount of the deposit for the key, 20£ is very expensive for just one key and a key-card...

• 18th Jun 2015

Because it was so cheap to stay in the hostel i did not know what to expect, but i was positvely surprised how good it was! I stayed in a four female dorm and the room was clean and rest of the hostel was okay as well. The staff was friendly and the location was good! A very cheap and good hostel to stay at if you are just looking for a place to sleep in and have a shower!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Good environment, great location and good services. For a short period I would recommend this hostel.

• 16th Jun 2015

I love the no. 8 Willesden Hostel London

Wifi doesn't reach bedrooms; there aren't any mugs or glasses at the kitchen, just plastic stuff; staff have a really bad accent; but the bathrooms are clean.

beds were the most unconfortable place i've ever slept.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Spain

This hostel was basically just a room for all the drunk people at the bar in the same building to pass out in. You could always hear drinks shouting in the bar and they were stunning into the room at like 5am. A lot of shady figures staying there as well. Location was about 20min from the city by underground. Not terrible but for as far out as it was, it was a lot sketchier than I expected

Amazing experience. Loved it!

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Pakistan
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Es un lugar peculiar, esceptuando a algún retrasado que ni tiene educación ni sabe lo que es el higiene, el Hostel es un lugar divertido donde pasar una temporada. El personal del Hostel es muy agradable y desde mi experiencia, siempre me atendieron correccorrectamente. He leído que si hay ratas, que hay cucarachas. Un sin fin de absurdas palabras ya que en Londres hay ratas en muchas casas al igual que cucarachas. La próxima os vais a un Hotel, que vais de ricos y no tenéis donde caero muertos

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Spain

I only stayed one night but it was very comfortable for the price. The bathrooms were clean and the beds were relatively comfortable. There are small lockers in the rooms ( big enough for valuables not entire backpacks ) I got a 4 bed shared room with three other girls, it was over all a pretty pleasant stay in London. The wifi is a bit dodgy but not terrible and it's a bit far from the center of the city. I would probably stay again for the price.

The hostel is a bit outside of central London but it's very easy to get to town and Willesden has a ton of amazing diverse and super cheap food options. The wifi was iffy but decent when downstairs, the full-time residents were quite loud until very late but the cheats were clean, we had privacy and the bathrooms and kitchen were good.

The internet connection is very, very poor

It was OK, my room was pretty good and comfortable. Staff were freindly, I only spent a night there so am not the best judge but I would stay again. A bus into central ondon left from accross the street.

This hostel needs some things in the kitchen like dishcloth, it's minimal really. And the mattress are so poor.

Leider waren Duschen, Klos und Küche ziemlich dreckig und wir haben uns nicht richtig wohl gefühlt. Die Lage war zwar nicht schlecht, aber trotzdem konnte man sich in dem Hostel definitiv nicht von einem anstrengenden Tag in der Stadt erholen!

• 21st May 2015

Most of the people staying in the hostel that I spoke to were looking for jobs or lived in the hostel long-term. Needless to say there weren't many travelers when I was there and I actually felt judged for being a traveler. Additionally, I waa bitten by some kind of bug/spider in my sleep many times and spme of the springs in the mattresses lightly stabbed my side in my sleep. Not a place for solo travelers. Kitchen is good though.

• 21st May 2015