9.6
9.6
Superb 376 Total Reviews

• Malaysia, Male, 31-40
28th Aug 2017

Warm cozy place to call home in cold winter of Blue Mountains. The place's clean and well equipped, the 2 ladies who worked there were helpful and friendly. Just want to highlight one thing though, the slope in front of the hostel is very steep, traveller with heavy luggage (like me) pls take note.

22nd Aug 2017

I can't rave enough about this hostel! Although there wasn't a lot of "security" it wasn't necessary. It's a very laid back environment with more mature patrons. The kitchen is great with multiple stoves and appliances, rooms were spacious and reasonably climate controlled. Kym had great info on hikes and the area. I left my cap and she even shipped it to a post office for me! Warm water in the showers and a great fireplace at night. This is a must stay hostel in the blue mountains

• Australia, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2017

Super cozy and warm! No 14 was absolutely perfect, a comfortable place to come home to after a big day exploring the mountains. The facilities are modern and always clean, I was especially impressed with the kitchen which was massive and had plenty of pots/cutlery etc for everyone. The lounge room and reading nook were really comfy and cozy as well. It is about a five minute walk away from Katoomba centre, which I liked because it meant the hostel was quiet and peaceful. Would stay again!

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
11th Aug 2017

Staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about local walks. Nice big kitchen and bathroom, comfortable beds, cosy fireplace in the common room, easy 5 min walk from Katoomba station. I would definitely come again.

• England, Female, 31-40
31st Jul 2017

I loved staying here! The staff are so nice before I even paid my bill I was offered breakfast as I checked in. Ann and Mandy are lovely people so helpful and friendly. There is freshly cooked banana cake and cookies everyday you just donate for a charity they are fund raising for. The lounge is cosy and the fire is lovely I could have stayed a week just to be here. I have stayed in so many hostels but this by far the most pleasant stay I have ever had!

• England, Couple, 25-30
12th Jul 2017

Possibly the best hostel of our travels, closer to a walking lodge with a few small dorms for backpackers. Great staff, very willing to assist in guiding you on local walks and public transport. Beautiful area is really accessible by foot, bus or train for backpackers. The banana bread is well worth a donation to a good cause. Breakfast is cereals that are always available plus hot drinks but can be easily added to with Cole and Woolies in town. Great atmosphere to relax, bit busier on weekends.

• Whackim
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
12th Jul 2017

Great hostel, the owners were so lovely and the old cottage style hostel was really cute. Would happily stay here again. (PS. The heater works brilliantly, you won't get cold at night).

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2017

Such a great hostel experience and atmosphere. Lovely staff helped us plan how we would spend our days in the mountain, and there was loads of information to look through on our own. Really just a beautiful cosy house with a relaxing and friendly atmosphere. They do a lot of good for an orphanage in Peru with donations for baking, locks, water bottles, etc. Great kitchen. Don't think doors were locked all the time but don't imagine there's much need for security in the area.

3rd Jul 2017

Loved it! Such a cute and cozy feel. The baked goods were great and I love that the proceeds support an orphanage. Reception was good at helping me plan my time. Perfect suggestions with helpful maps. Bathroom had plenty of stalls but got pretty wet. My only real issue was that I had difficulty finding the place because there is a house with the same address. To be fair, I should have looked at the picture of the hostel more closely beforehand. It's clearly marked "No. 14," staff was unapologetic.

• Australia, Male, 41+
24th Jun 2017

I really like this hostel and enjoyed my stay. The old-style house with its verandas dating back to the early 20th century is charming and cosy. I appreciated the flexible, informal and friendly style management and the little bonus items like free tea, coffee, milk, cooking oil, salt, and other stuff along with home made cakes and biscuits by donation. The beds are already made up so no need to do that when you're tired at night, you only have to take off the sheets the morning you leave.

×