Noah's Ark Backpackers Reviews

16 Chapel Street, Greymouth, Greymouth, New Zealand

A very spacious and clean hostel with great facilities. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful. If you are an animal lover then you will love this place as they have a sweet golden retriever that you can take on walks.

Thank you for taking the time for this great review! We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay!

Lovely homey feeling hostel. One staff member i saw the couple of days there was very helpful and friendly. Use of free wifi and free bike hire was a bonus

Noah's Ark is a nice, well located hostel. While we were there it was almost empty which gave an eerie atmosphere to this place. But it has a whimsical, clearly defined theme, friendly staff and enough common spaces so I'm sure it must be a great place to hang out when there's more folk around. I put "average" in the "Facilities" score for one reason: guys, please, re-think the bathroom facilities! You have an adequate number of toilets and showers, but you're too short on washbasins...

Very nice and quiet hostel... Everything was clean and the little garden was a perfect spot to relax! I liked the rooms because every room had a different theme (I slept in the "tiger"-room). Funny idea :)

Easily on of the best hostels I ever stayed in. Nice decoration, excellent facilities, especially the kitchen is just great! And the living room so cosy! They even have a piano which is not very much out of tune.

• 25th Feb 2014

Very cute hostel for a nights stay passing by! Good size rooms, clean and an ok kitchen! Nice lounge with DVDs available to rent, and large seating area with tables also. Fishing rods free to use, good fun!! Cutest dog lives there too which was lovely :)

Hi Tamara, thank you for taking time to make an review! We are happy to have you stay with us and hope you'll enjoy your further travels. Kind regards Myrielle

Apart from the noisy doors this hostel was excellent. If only people thought about how they close a door after 11pm, would make all the difference!

Just stayed here for one night but would definitely have stayed longer! It's an old building but it has great character and rooms are really spacious! The kitchen and shower rooms are very clean and showers are really good!

We enjoyed our stay at Noah's Ark in the giraffe room. The room was clean and tidy and the beds were comfortable. We had shared shower facilities but there were quite a number of them so at no time did we have to wait to use the showers. All in all we enjoyed the experience.

Very clean and friendly hostel. The only problem I have is that my 5 bedroom dorm did not have a power outlet in the room. I had to charge my gadgets in the dining and common room.