Nola Jazz House Reviews

3414 Canal St, Downtown, New Orleans, USA

A genuinely intimate hostel that's small enough to feel like home. Staff are always available and helpful. 15 minutes from centre but extremely well located for nice restaurants, transport and supermarket. Dead cheap as well.

One bathroom for the top floor next door was a bit frustrating at times....definitely when your hungover

Sarah was accommodating and very informative!!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

I can't think of a single other hostel I've stayed where staff care so much about their guests' social life and enjoyment. Truly a home from home.

Had a great time at this hostel, met some awesome people.

Sarah was an unbelievable staff member she was always so nice and helpful! I would recommend this hostel to anyone! It was great!

Hostel was friendly and provided a good atmosphere and breakfast. Guests were nice and staff very helpful with providing good tips on what to do and see in town, special thanks to Sarah for her great music tips!

• 13th Aug 2014

I had a great time at NOLA Jazz House. The hostel is located in Mid-City, but it's an easy ride to the Quarter on the Canal Street streetcar, which operates until about 2:15 a.m. The hostel has three adjacent common areas that made it easy to meet other guests. The staff -- Zara, David, and (especially) Sarah -- were super friendly and helpful, and made staying at the hostel a pleasure. I stayed in one of the private rooms, which was clean and very pleasant. I'll definitely be coming back!

I absoluteley loved it !

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Austria

David and Zara where super friendly and helpful about the area and activity ideas. The hostel is central to almost everything we wanted to do. It was clean, safe and had a wonderful "vibe". Will definitely recommend and hopefully return someday!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • South Africa

Loved the NOLA jazz house! The staff were so friendly, giving us so many great recommendations for NOLA. Place was clean, great way to meet people. They have breakfast every morning and an awesome back patio for chilling in the evening. It's a tad far from French Quarter but the tram ride is not bad- about 10-15 minutes during the day. I would definitely go back again given the chance.

Good location -- Mid-city is not far from French Quarter with a few local spots for music and food which were fun. The Jazz House staff was super friendly and informative. Staff recommendations were great options for music and food. Kitchen and dinning area are small. They have two fridges so there is plenty of room for food and beverages.

• 4th Aug 2014

My friend and I stayed at NOLA about two weeks ago for two nights. It was very clean, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The environment was welcoming and we loved hanging out with everyone that we met. We would definitely stay here again!

• 31st Jul 2014

This is an amazing hostel! The staff (particularly Zara, Sara, and David) are very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. It's in a great location with the cable car going right past the front of the building. The rooms and common areas are always clean and it's a very welcoming experience. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone wanting to spend some time in New Orleans! :)

• 31st Jul 2014

I came down to New Orleans with a buddy of mine from Atlanta. The hostel was 2 miles from the quarter, but an easy ride on the street car. We had a private room with 2 bunk beads. Everything was nice and clean. The staff was awesome. Sarah, David and Zara all took really good care of us and had lots of local knowledge. The other guests there were really friendly; we all enjoyed drinking together on the back porch before heading down to the quarter for live music. Great weekend, stay here...

• 31st Jul 2014

Well located, 15 min from tje French Quarter by streetcar. The neighbourhood is safe and you can find also places to eat or have a drink nearby. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms and facilities are very clean. Definitely the place to stay in NO.

super nice place/ quiet and clean

• 26th Jul 2014

Bed was great. Lockers in the room for valuables is always a good thing. Porridge or pancakes and coffee for brekky is fine by me. Wifi worked well. Train easy to catch outside as I found walking to the French Quarter just a bit too far. All in all, a great new addition to hostels in New Orleans.

I really enjoyed my stay here! The staff was friendly and helpful, and everything was clean. It's a bit of a walk to the French Quarter, but other than that it's a great stay! I would definitely stay here again.

The only complaint i have is that they need to add more mirrors! They only have 3 bathrooms and the mirrors they have are inside the bathrooms. As a girl, i need to put on some make up yadda yadda and I dont want to keep the lines for the bathroom for too long. Locations are awesome, with streetcars right in front of the hostel. There is a walgreen on walking distance and also several eatery....

• 22nd Jul 2014