9.5
Superb 337 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 337 Total Reviews
Nola Jazz House Located at 3414 Canal St, Downtown, New Orleans.
USA
New Orleans 3414 Canal St, Downtown
95% 337
29.9702366 -90.0949519
    Rooms available

17th Aug 2016

Great staff! Great environment! Great breakfast. All around great experience. Would stay here any day. Hands down to all of their work.

• Northern Ireland, Female, 25-30
12th Aug 2016
4.9

No lockers in rooms and limited lockers in the hallway. Location is decent but there is no signposting outside the building that it is a hostel. Not a place you would want to show up at alone at night by bus/streetcar. Sheets had marks, aircon was absolutely filthy-not cleaned in years.Showering areas cleaned very poorly. Staff are more concerned with partying with the guests rather than running an efficient business. Come here if you like pretentious hipsters.

Hi there! First of all, I'd like you to know that we at Nola Jazz House take all criticism very seriously. I can truly say that this house is like my second home, and it makes me feel terrible when I hear that someone had an unpleasant experience during their stay with us. We take each suggestion for improvement to heart, no matter how big or small. It is true that our hostel fosters a social environment, and we apologize if this got in the way of us doing our work. We like to think that everyone, from the solo traveler to the large group of friends, can find their place at Nola Jazz House. After reading this review, we have undergone a thorough, deep clean of the hostel. Moving forward, we have developed a system to keep cleanliness a top priority. Even though we are a bit tucked away in our neighborhood, everyone on staff believes that Mid-City offers a safe, beautiful, and authentic New Orleans experience. We truly hope that you enjoy your continuing travels through the U.S., and you are welcome back anytime.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
7th Aug 2016

I never write reviews but I owe it to this hostel and it's amazing staff to write this! I was only in New Orleans for 2 nights, but from the moment I arrived til the moment I left the Jazz house felt like home! I was travelling alone and Jay at reception made me feel very welcome and comfortable. The hostel really has a community feel to it, like a bunch of friends staying in a (very cool) house together. It's quirky, chilled out and very clean. Would definitely come back here.

6th Aug 2016

Great stay here. Best hostel I've stayed in whilst in the states. Hostel was very clean and the rooms were nicely done out. Staff were extremely helpful, particularly Jay, who sorted everything for us and showed us where to go in New Orleans despite us arriving late with no booking. Would definitely recommend.

6th Aug 2016

Have been travelling around the states for the past 4 months and can honestly say this was the best hostel I have stayed in by far. Special mention has to go to the extremely helpful and friendly staff, particularly 'Jay'. Jay ensured everything ran smoothly even after booking very last minute, she even took the time after her long shift to show us where to go and what to see around New Orleans. If by any chance a member of management reads this review, Jay should definitely be commended.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
3rd Aug 2016

Andrew and Jay were SO nice to host our band while we were on tour! The beds were super comfortable and you could tell they cared a lot about the vibe of the house. We woke up too late for breakfast, but I'm sure it was delicious. Thanks again for everything!!

30th Jul 2016

Throughly enjoyed my visit, the amazing staff (jay (:) and location makes it a great place to stay in NOLA!

• England, Female, 18-24
28th Jul 2016

Absolutely amazing. Great area. Good price. AMAZING staff. Great atmosphere. Freedom to do as you wish. Free breakfast. Kitchen to use at all times. Safe area and so close to the French quarter

• USA, Male, 18-24
28th Jul 2016

If I could rate this place any higher I would. AMAZING staff perfect location just made our vacation that much more memorable. Peratees pirates ehh same thing.

• Wales, Female, 25-30
11th Jul 2016

The ratings do not go high enough on here to cover how wonderful this place is! From the moment you walk in one of the wonderful staff makes you feel completely at home and welcome! I was lucky enough to have Jay check me in and she is just incredible! It's been a few weeks since my stay and I miss being there, mainly because of how much fun Jay made it! The staff recommendations for things to do and see in Nola are spot on too! Will definitely be back! Love you guys @ Nola Jazz house xx