Nola Jazz House Reviews

3414 Canal St, Downtown, New Orleans, USA

The staff were brilliant. Very friendly and helpful. Tours were booked quickly and effortlessly. Very clean hostel. Breakfast was good, DIY pancakes and good coffee! Bit of a walk to the French quarter but a streetcar runs from directly outside the hostel and takes 15 mins to Bourbon street. 10 min walk to Parkway bakery, great Po Boys, a must visit! 2 minute walk from a bus stop to the airport. Like other US hostels, the door key is a digital code that looks like it isn't changed often.

Wall were thin so could hear neighbors all hours of the night

• 4th Apr 2015

Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. Staff was great, good knowledge and recommendations for the area, excellent time there.

We had an amazing experience at NOLA jazz house. The make-your-own waffle and pancake station for breakfast was amazing after a long night. The staff was exceedingly friendly. You're a few steps away from the Canal street car. Would def stay again.

Great hostel. A short streetcar ride from the French Quarter. Great staff and amenities. Other travelers were polite and friendly. Aside from a possible ghost situation, our stay was excellent.

Only passing through town so got to stay there just for one night but if I come back to New Orleans, will definitely stay here. David at front desk sweet, friendly and informative, comfortable beds, good neighborhood near street car stop. Didn't have breakfast but what I saw looked good.

Had a great stay ,made some good friends ,place was great !!!!! As an older female (42) I didn't feel out of place .we had sing songs at night, ,went partying ,had waffles for breakfast which was great !!!! Staff were friendly and helpful .....tram across the road into town ,till three am .a day pass costs just three dollars .secure accommodation .

• 21st Mar 2015

Clean, nice, free wifi, breakfast, with a friendly staff. Trolly to take you to Bourbon Street is right out of the front door. Would stay there again, A ++++++

• 21st Mar 2015

Just spent a week here and miss it already! Staying at a place on the Canal St. trolly line was by far the best decision we could have made (far less crowded then the St. Charles). The house is so chill, filled with the friendliest people and staff! David and Sarah were the most accommodating people ever, always making sure everything was to our liking and recommending the greatest places! Couldn't have imagined our trip staying anywhere else, and would definitely stay here again!

• 16th Mar 2015

The hostel staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the rooms were very clean. Unfortunately there wasn't really much of an atmosphere, but I'm guessing that's because the hostel is relatively new and was pretty empty when I stayed. Definitely not a party hostel, so it's a great choice to make sure you catch up on sleep after a night on the town!

I will stay here every time I go to Bew Orleans.

• 11th Mar 2015

An okay hostel! The rooms, premise, and bathroom were very clean. The hostel was very quite and didn't seem to have a lot going on when I was around, especially at night. My biggest complaint would be that the employee who was there when we checked in seemed new and was very slow with the process. He also told us we could keep our car parked in the parking lot next door with no problems, but that turned out not to be true because our car was almost towed.

I seriously can't say enough about how amazing the staff was, top notch. I stayed in the 10 bed mix dorm and the room was always clean (except from the obvious clutter created by 10 people). There were also lockers so you could lock up any valuables but I was really worried about it because everyone there was really nice. I met a lot of people hanging out in the common room and over free pancake breakfast! I would 100% stay here again and recommend it to any friend! Thanks for a great week!

• 20th Feb 2015

Really enjoyed our stay at the Jazz House! Staff were great, always had a list of some of the best events that day. And the location right by the trolley is perfect!

Cannot speak highly enough of this place, the recommendations and hospitality of Dave made was outstanding. Nice and homely place with good facilties and good location. A big thank you to him for introducing us to netflix and continually setting it up for us, as well how kind and friendly you were just sitting down and having a chat to us! It was a pleasure to meet you and your knowledge of new orleans was second to none! Lauren and Grace x

The low reason for Cleanliness- I saw a cockroach scurry across the floor- everything else was perfectly clean but that really freaked me out

• 7th Feb 2015

Really enjoyed my stay! The hostel had a great, friendly and cozy atmosphere. Super easy to make new friends! A bit far from the main touristic areas but it is right in front of one street car stop. It will take you about 20 min from the hostel to the Bourbon Street Area. Also, the neighborhood is not the safest but nothing that will possibly effect your stay.

That was better than I expected. The Hostel atmosphere is better than the photos can show, the staff is great and the location is also good. The streetcars pass often in front of the hostel and it's really easy to go everywhere. If you don't want to spend so much that's a good place for some nights, I'd stay there again =)

• 30th Jan 2015

Nice Hostel and staff. Single Trolley ride to Bourbon St. Not much to do around Hostel

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Great vibes and great staff. Location is perfect.

« first « Prev 1 2 3