Nola Jazz House Reviews

3414 Canal St, Downtown, New Orleans, USA

HI Alan! Remember me? Had a great time at both hostels! Looking forward to visiting again (just

• 10th May 2015

These guys are so great. We loved staying here and the place was SO clean!!! :)

Very good hostel, very clean. All the staff is nice and very helpful. A good atmosphere.

• 4th May 2015

The breakfast was very disappointing. Apart from that it was a very nice experience.

Great evening staff to greet me upon late arrival! Fun atmosphere, fun decor. Very clean Pancake breakfast is super! Excellent patio. Close to jazz fest grounds.

Loved the hostel. Was nice staying in a quiter area, although getting to the night life in french quater was so easy as there is a street car that stops out front. Thanks heaps especially to sarah (short hair) for helping us out and just being an all round good chick. Thanks guys

• 23rd Apr 2015

Everything about this place was pleasant. Staff were genuinely friendly and helpful, the place was clean, the kitchen was well stocked, and the price was right. I will stay there again if I return to New Orleans

The staff were brilliant. Very friendly and helpful. Tours were booked quickly and effortlessly. Very clean hostel. Breakfast was good, DIY pancakes and good coffee! Bit of a walk to the French quarter but a streetcar runs from directly outside the hostel and takes 15 mins to Bourbon street. 10 min walk to Parkway bakery, great Po Boys, a must visit! 2 minute walk from a bus stop to the airport. Like other US hostels, the door key is a digital code that looks like it isn't changed often.

Wall were thin so could hear neighbors all hours of the night

• 4th Apr 2015

Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. Staff was great, good knowledge and recommendations for the area, excellent time there.

We had an amazing experience at NOLA jazz house. The make-your-own waffle and pancake station for breakfast was amazing after a long night. The staff was exceedingly friendly. You're a few steps away from the Canal street car. Would def stay again.

Great hostel. A short streetcar ride from the French Quarter. Great staff and amenities. Other travelers were polite and friendly. Aside from a possible ghost situation, our stay was excellent.

Only passing through town so got to stay there just for one night but if I come back to New Orleans, will definitely stay here. David at front desk sweet, friendly and informative, comfortable beds, good neighborhood near street car stop. Didn't have breakfast but what I saw looked good.

Had a great stay ,made some good friends ,place was great !!!!! As an older female (42) I didn't feel out of place .we had sing songs at night, ,went partying ,had waffles for breakfast which was great !!!! Staff were friendly and helpful .....tram across the road into town ,till three am .a day pass costs just three dollars .secure accommodation .

• 21st Mar 2015

Clean, nice, free wifi, breakfast, with a friendly staff. Trolly to take you to Bourbon Street is right out of the front door. Would stay there again, A ++++++

• 21st Mar 2015

Just spent a week here and miss it already! Staying at a place on the Canal St. trolly line was by far the best decision we could have made (far less crowded then the St. Charles). The house is so chill, filled with the friendliest people and staff! David and Sarah were the most accommodating people ever, always making sure everything was to our liking and recommending the greatest places! Couldn't have imagined our trip staying anywhere else, and would definitely stay here again!

• 16th Mar 2015

The hostel staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the rooms were very clean. Unfortunately there wasn't really much of an atmosphere, but I'm guessing that's because the hostel is relatively new and was pretty empty when I stayed. Definitely not a party hostel, so it's a great choice to make sure you catch up on sleep after a night on the town!

I will stay here every time I go to Bew Orleans.

• 11th Mar 2015

An okay hostel! The rooms, premise, and bathroom were very clean. The hostel was very quite and didn't seem to have a lot going on when I was around, especially at night. My biggest complaint would be that the employee who was there when we checked in seemed new and was very slow with the process. He also told us we could keep our car parked in the parking lot next door with no problems, but that turned out not to be true because our car was almost towed.

I seriously can't say enough about how amazing the staff was, top notch. I stayed in the 10 bed mix dorm and the room was always clean (except from the obvious clutter created by 10 people). There were also lockers so you could lock up any valuables but I was really worried about it because everyone there was really nice. I met a lot of people hanging out in the common room and over free pancake breakfast! I would 100% stay here again and recommend it to any friend! Thanks for a great week!

• 20th Feb 2015