Nola Jazz House Reviews

3414 Canal St, Downtown, New Orleans, USA

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Great vibes and great staff. Location is perfect.

I have stayed in many hostels and nola jazz house was top tier!

• 12th Jan 2015

Great hostel! The staff are amazing - especially David, such a top guy! The atmosphere is great! The hostel can definitely have a bit of a party atmosphere but can be more chill, depending on who is staying at the hostel that night. It is easy to get around as there is a trolley stop right outside. Would definitely recommend staying here!

Awesome hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the tram stopped just over the road

Really great location and friendly staff. Went during New Years weekend, so it was rather loud at night in the hostel, but that's to be expected. Great value.

• 31st Dec 2014

A big shout out to Sarah and David for all their recommendations and being able to answer all of our questions! Would highly recommend this hostel for groups and solo travellers. So close to the action but quiet enough to get some much needed rest. Plus some of the best fried chicken restaurants in walking distance. Would definitely go back!

Awesome Staff!!! Thank you guys for the beer :0

I really enjoyed my time here, staff are really helpful and the hostel is nice and clean.

Really amazing staff, specialy Ariel who was very friendly and gave me great ideas for going out.

The staff was very friendly and helped us a bunch with where to go and what to see in the city of New Orleans. The location was about a 20 minute streetcar ride away from the French Quarter but there was a stop right in front of the hostel which made the trips really easy. I would recommend staying here if you are looking to be far enough away from the rowdiness of the French Quarter, but still close enough to check it out on any given night.

The staff couldn't have been more helpfu lespecially Zoey and Sarah. We stayed at the Astor Crown hotel for 2 days as well and when we go back I would choose this hostel instead. we met so many people from all over. We had never stayed in a hostel before. We would definitely do it again .Cheri and Ron Ericsson

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Couple, 41+

A little noisy upstairs with door slamming upstairs at midnight and 8-9:00 AM but other than that all was great. The outside deck was a big hit. People were all nice and friendly

Helpful staff, usefull board with the hotspots of the day. Well located at Midtown, where you can find good bars and restaurants. My room got a little hot during the morning due to the sunlight. Also my bed was pretty close from the kitchen/living room, which was a little noisy during the morning, but nothing that really bothered.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I loved how friendly and helpful the staff were--they answered my questions completely and put me at ease! I also loved the atmosphere. It was fun, but also safe and classy. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all. Also, I don't know how, but the whole place smelled absolutely delightful--whatever you're using is working really well.

• 15th Nov 2014

Rickety bunk beds, not enough electrical outlets, not enough lockers. Needs more stable beds and outlets for the top bunks. More lockers are needed (first come first served). Facilities are old and some of the lights were missing lightbulbs. Staff was nice and friendly, but didn't completely explain hostel protocols. Overall fine for one night but my friends and I would not have stayed longer.

Loved our stay at nola jazz :) big thumbs up all round. Staff were all so welcoming and friendly. The hostel is smallish with lots of communal areas so it's super easy to meet people. Great atmosphere, awesome location, amazing staff. Not a single complaint. Would 100% stay here again.

Too noisy at night, walls are too thin.

Staff were extremely welcoming and created an excellent atmosphere in the hostel. Location is right beside the street car stop which brings you straight into the city centre. Would definitely stay here again if returning to New Orleans.

• 6th Nov 2014

Great location for voodoo fest and right near a tram stop to get to anywhere in town. Good clean facilities and the staff were very friendly and helpful!

I had a great stay here! Everything was clean, and the staff was super helpful! Also had a great location being so close to the streetcar. I really appreciated how the staff went out of their way to get to know everyone and made sure that everyone had an enjoyable stay. The back patio was also a really cool place to chill. This is definitely the hostel to stay at in New Orleans!

• 28th Oct 2014