Nola Jazz House Reviews

3414 Canal St, Downtown, New Orleans, USA

Nola Jazz House is a fantastic hostel. The staff are very knowledgeable and the hostel is a 10-15 min trolly ride into downtown but also a 10 minute walk to a few large grocery stores and eating places. Worth the $$.

Rad place, chill vibes, fun roommates. New Orleans is a unique place and this fit right in with our experience.

Very nice and helpful staff

• 9th Oct 2014

I loved the jazz house! This was my second time coming here . The staff is so welcoming and the jam sessions on the back deck are awesome! Thanks again guys for an amazing time in Nola! You will see me again next time around!

The hostel was very clean. Great location 15 minutes by trolley from Bourbon street. trolley is right outside the door to the hostel. The mid city felt safe and David and Sarah were awesome! They were super helpful and gave us tons of suggestions for things to do and see in the city. David recommended places to eat and each place was awesome! Staff was truly fantastic! Only suggestion I would have is to put mirrors in the rooms. We were traveling with 5 women and mirror space was so limited.

Sarah, David and Zara were awesome. Knowledgeable about the city, getting around and quick to help on info about daily adventures. Nola Jazz house was perfect for my stay.

• 30th Sep 2014

Really great hostel. Safe, quiet and location was good, only a short street car ride from the French Quarter and good restaurants/shops in area. Staff were very enthusiastic and helpful. Definitely recommend staying here.

We had a great stay at the Nola Jazz House. It's quite clean for a hostel. Our private room with bunkbed was spacious enough, and we slept well in the bunkbed. The bearded bespectacled member of their staff, I'm sorry to say I forgot his name, was especially nice and helpfull in giving us all kinds of good advice and tips and where to go and what to do. Taking the street car to the french quarter was easy, a day pass is $3.

• 16th Sep 2014

Great place. Only problem was the noisy room. All noise came right through the walls since my room was next to the office. I heard every word loud and clear. Some people left at 5am and made breakfast. So I couldn't sleep while they were in the kitchen down the hall. But I loved the other guests and the atmosphere.

• 13th Sep 2014

Great hostel and location with a streetcar straight outside taking you down to Bourbon. it can be noisy on a Saturday night but that's what you come for in New Orleans. Staff were really informative telling you some of the non tourist places to go.

David and Sara at the reception were very nice and helpful. The beds are very comfy and the facilities are very well equipped. Breakfast with pancakes is great and the common room features all netflix movies and series you can imagine!:) Location is about 15 minutes with street car from downtown (might be more during peak hours) and the after 23.00 (or midnight) the street car is less frequent - every half an hour. Being European, the price is high, but in line with other hostels in US

Great hostel, everyone at the desk were so helpful, only a short street car ride from bourbon st very safe and secure. Would absolutely stay there again!!

This Hostel is the most fun ever, All the Staff are above and beyond incredible, in their helpfulness (they know every great place to drink, eat and party in NOLA) and their warmth and welcoming personalities, David, Sarah and Zara made my first solo hostel experience the best! Thank you guys so much You all deserve the world. 110% in love. I literally want to come back as soon as I can, I made so many great friends and felt safe and looked after the whole time. THANK YOU! - Ella x

• 10th Sep 2014

Fantastic atmosphere at the NOLA Jazz House, I traveled alone so I stayed in the dorm to meet other people, everyone I met was great. There was always a good group to go out with or just hang out and have some drinks on the patio. Dave, Sarah, and Zara were all super friendly and able to answer any questions I had about the city as well as make recommendations for places to eat or see and book tours. Easy access to the quarter via streetcar, good crowd, Ladies: Bring your own mirror!!

• 4th Sep 2014

Hostel has a good vibe of the city where it is. Zara, Sarah and David were awesome hosts.

Great atmosphere, good vibes and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Sarah and David are super cool and eager to give the low down on the city and what it has to offer. The location is not too far out from the French Quarter - Half hour walk or Ten minute Tram ride. I would definitely go back to this amazing city and visit the Jazz house again

NOLA Jazz hostel was great. I stayed here my first few days in NOLA after moving here for a job and was really pleased with the location (on the Canal Street streetcar which runs very frequently and until 3 am, perfect for sightseeing and apartment hunting!) and facilities. Our room was really clean, the bed was comfortable and the room had lockers for valuable stuff. The staff, Zara, Sarah, David and Shane were really welcoming, helpful and knowlegeable about all aspects of NOLA. Stay here!

• 26th Aug 2014

Amazing hostel and would definitely go back. The staff were incredible. Zara, David and Sarah really added to the hostels atmosphere. They were always helpful and genuine. Honestly the best staff I have come accross during my trip.

• 23rd Aug 2014

A genuinely intimate hostel that's small enough to feel like home. Staff are always available and helpful. 15 minutes from centre but extremely well located for nice restaurants, transport and supermarket. Dead cheap as well.

One bathroom for the top floor next door was a bit frustrating at times....definitely when your hungover

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5