Nola Jazz House Reviews

3414 Canal St, Downtown, New Orleans, USA

I loved how friendly and helpful the staff were--they answered my questions completely and put me at ease! I also loved the atmosphere. It was fun, but also safe and classy. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all. Also, I don't know how, but the whole place smelled absolutely delightful--whatever you're using is working really well.

• 15th Nov 2014

Rickety bunk beds, not enough electrical outlets, not enough lockers. Needs more stable beds and outlets for the top bunks. More lockers are needed (first come first served). Facilities are old and some of the lights were missing lightbulbs. Staff was nice and friendly, but didn't completely explain hostel protocols. Overall fine for one night but my friends and I would not have stayed longer.

Loved our stay at nola jazz :) big thumbs up all round. Staff were all so welcoming and friendly. The hostel is smallish with lots of communal areas so it's super easy to meet people. Great atmosphere, awesome location, amazing staff. Not a single complaint. Would 100% stay here again.

Too noisy at night, walls are too thin.

Staff were extremely welcoming and created an excellent atmosphere in the hostel. Location is right beside the street car stop which brings you straight into the city centre. Would definitely stay here again if returning to New Orleans.

• 6th Nov 2014

Great location for voodoo fest and right near a tram stop to get to anywhere in town. Good clean facilities and the staff were very friendly and helpful!

I had a great stay here! Everything was clean, and the staff was super helpful! Also had a great location being so close to the streetcar. I really appreciated how the staff went out of their way to get to know everyone and made sure that everyone had an enjoyable stay. The back patio was also a really cool place to chill. This is definitely the hostel to stay at in New Orleans!

• 28th Oct 2014

Sarah & Zara were great! Enjoyed being around them and just asking questions and talking. It was a GREAT stay & I would love to go back!

• 24th Oct 2014

This hostel was by FAR the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Yes, the hostel facilities were nice, bathrooms clean, common areas spacious, and outdoor seating area lovely, but what really made it so fantastic was the people that worked there. David Garifo provided the absolute best service I have ever received, probably anywhere, I just wish he hadn't been working so that he could have come out with us! He literally had all of the best tips and everything he recommended was amazing! Thank you x

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Absolutely incredible stay. David, Zara and Sarah were all incredibly friendly and helpful with anything I wanted or needed. If I ever return to New Orleans I will definitely be staying at the NOLA jazz house again.

Nola Jazz House is a fantastic hostel. The staff are very knowledgeable and the hostel is a 10-15 min trolly ride into downtown but also a 10 minute walk to a few large grocery stores and eating places. Worth the $$.

Rad place, chill vibes, fun roommates. New Orleans is a unique place and this fit right in with our experience.

Very nice and helpful staff

• 9th Oct 2014

I loved the jazz house! This was my second time coming here . The staff is so welcoming and the jam sessions on the back deck are awesome! Thanks again guys for an amazing time in Nola! You will see me again next time around!

Really great hostel, the only complaint is that it's a short tram ride to town, but that's really not a big deal. It's one of those hostels with a lot of charm, particularly because of it's size, not too big but not too small. Everyone tends to hang out in the backyard before heading out together which is really nice. A good vibe. And the staff Zara and Sarah were really helpful and lovely :)

The hostel was very clean. Great location 15 minutes by trolley from Bourbon street. trolley is right outside the door to the hostel. The mid city felt safe and David and Sarah were awesome! They were super helpful and gave us tons of suggestions for things to do and see in the city. David recommended places to eat and each place was awesome! Staff was truly fantastic! Only suggestion I would have is to put mirrors in the rooms. We were traveling with 5 women and mirror space was so limited.

Sarah, David and Zara were awesome. Knowledgeable about the city, getting around and quick to help on info about daily adventures. Nola Jazz house was perfect for my stay.

• 30th Sep 2014

Really great hostel. Safe, quiet and location was good, only a short street car ride from the French Quarter and good restaurants/shops in area. Staff were very enthusiastic and helpful. Definitely recommend staying here.

We had a great stay at the Nola Jazz House. It's quite clean for a hostel. Our private room with bunkbed was spacious enough, and we slept well in the bunkbed. The bearded bespectacled member of their staff, I'm sorry to say I forgot his name, was especially nice and helpfull in giving us all kinds of good advice and tips and where to go and what to do. Taking the street car to the french quarter was easy, a day pass is $3.

• 16th Sep 2014

Great place. Only problem was the noisy room. All noise came right through the walls since my room was next to the office. I heard every word loud and clear. Some people left at 5am and made breakfast. So I couldn't sleep while they were in the kitchen down the hall. But I loved the other guests and the atmosphere.

• 13th Sep 2014