Nomad Cave Hostel Reviews

GOREME /CAPPADOCIA, goreme cappadocia, Goreme, Turkey

Really cute little hostel with a comfy and cosy common area. In the heart of Goreme - all the trails are within walking distance and the staff are super helpful organising day trips or balloon rides if you want. The bathrooms are located outside the dorm rooms, which, in the middle of winter, made showering a very cold and uncomfortable experience! The internet also doesn't work very well. Breakfast is AMAZING!

If you want the cave experience, stay here. There is a common room to chill with your fellow travelers. This hostel is in the middle of Goreme. You can walk there from the bus station/ Otogar (with luggage). The staff were friendly. I did not have good time management and had to cancel a night and the staff kindly refunded the night to me. They settled me down after a tired day and told me exactly how to get to the places I want to go.

They gave my reservation away and didn't make it clear that I needed to inform them of my late check in (after 4pm). on that note, the guy at reception was very helpful, let me use the WiFi to find another place and called the hostel to confirm that they had availability. I also got my deposit back and was driven to the new hostel. Very accommodating - just wish it was more clear about the late arrival thing.

The staff and everyone who stays here is super friendly. Hang out in the common are and you'll meet cool travelers and maybe snag an invite to share a meal with the hilarious men who work here. Breakfast is large and very good. The rooms are clean, comfortable as are the bathrooms. Stay here!

• 14th Nov 2014

We're so glad we stayed at this hostel, they really hooked us up with good value tours. Breakfast was fantastic and common area was great. Good wifi and perfect location. A couple of the staff seemed pretty lazy and not that helpful, but there were 2 who were super helpful.

We had a good time at the hostel. Staff was very helpful in arraging tours and the ballon ride. We also got a bigger room than what we had booked, which was very nice and clean. Location it´s pretty good too.

• 4th Nov 2014

I had a great time here! The breakfast was delicious, and we were within walking distance of everything. Wi-fi didn't work in my room, but I spent most of my time up in the common room anyways, where it is super easy to meet people and is a very comfy place to hang out. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was having to go outside to get to the washroom, as I was there in October and it was quite chilly. Amazing place though, I would definitely recommend this hostel!!

We had a blast at this hostel. All of the staff recommendations were wonderful, and it's right in the middle of Goreme, so you can walk everywhere. The atmosphere was great. The first night everyone from the hostel sat around and hung out together. I made a ton of new friends. The rooms are in caves, so they're nice and dark at night, and very easy to sleep in. The breakfast was by far the best hostel breakfast I've ever had. Definitely stay here if you're in your 20s and want a great experience

I've really enjoyed the time I spent in Nomad Cave Hostel. The staff is amazingly helpful and kind. There is a nice common area, always young guests at the hostel 20-30y I would say. Breakfast is included. The location is great (a 5 min walking from bus station and centre of Göreme). From the hostel is possible to walk to the Open Air Museum (15-20 min) and they give you a map with all interesting points. After hiking for nearly 8 hours the owner gave us a ride back to the hostel. Best choice!

we stayed in a great cave room in Nomads. THe owner was very helpful and friendly - ready to give advice about what to see and what tours to avoid etc. breakie was neat too and plenty of it

Basically highly recommend to stay and I wish to have a heater in the room because the weather get colder.

A very sociable and friendly hostel full of RTW travellers. I booked a dorm room but on arrival was allocated a shared 'private room' with three others. The room was spacious with an ensuite. The appeal of this hostel is it's cave rooms and lovely lounge (where breakfast is served) with views over the town. I took up the hostel's offer of a discounted 'Green Tour' which takes in the local sights. A good choice. Get up early to watch the balloons-the hostel is a great viewing spot.

Staff were very friendly and eager to help make the experience great. Free hot drinks all day is always a plus especially if it is really cold outside. Great atmosphere!

• 19th Oct 2014

Friendly helpful hostel, thankyou

Very helpful staff, always clean - the sheets actually smelt fresh and washed, great communal/reception area, atmosphere and location! Only downside was cold showers

Apo and the staff at Nomad Cave were wonderful and beyond helpful. The location is right in the heart of the city and the best restaurant Pumpkin is literally across the street. He helped us arrange our balloon ride and it was perfect. I am glad we booked with him as our friends independently booked hoping to save money and had a less memorable experience. He also helped us arrange our trip to Pammukale. Thank you Apo!!!

• 11th Oct 2014

The Nomad Cave hostel is a great place to spend a few days in Cappadocia. The location is right in the heart of the city and closeby to a fantastic restaurant (Pumpkin), while the staff would consistently go out of their way to help with any inquiries or problems that we had. They helped us plan our future travels, and also helped us get familiar with the surroundings around the hostel.

Unlike most advertised cave hostels, this one actually has all cave rooms, which is a must to stay in one when in Kapadokya. The stuff was so nice and helpfully, they organized all our activities at a great price, and even when we went to a hamam they insisted of driving us there and back as it was cold outside. The only minor problem was the smell in the bathroom (ensuit), but hey it's a bathroom in a cave!

We LOVED this cave hostel! It was really cute, cozy, and clean! Beds were So COMFORTABLE! Location couldn't have been better. We cannot overemphasize how helpful and accommodating the owner was with all our needs. Costumer service was that of a 5-star hotel! He helped us choose a really great hot air ballon tour and much more... Breakfasts were delicious! All around GREAT experience! We would love, love, love to stay here again!

Staff was friendly and helpful