Nomad Cave Hostel Reviews

GOREME /CAPPADOCIA, goreme cappadocia, Goreme, Turkey

Great Hostel! yes the bathrooms are outside but they are close and the showers are Hot! rooms are cozy caves and they're warm (it snowed while i was there). On Christmas-eve the owner who is super helpful and friendly brought out X-mas trees for us to decorate! Later he gave us several bottles of wine with baked X-mas treats! Common room has a nice social layout, mix between chill lounging area and tables with chairs! Good breakfast too one of the better Turkish hostel breaky's I've had

Phenomenal hostel. Great breakfast, comfy beds, fantastic common room and breakfast. Staff went out of their to help us at all times.

The staff is really good, they help you whenever it`s possible. They also book tours through Cappadocia and baloon flights for an accesible price which is usually much cheaper than deals that can be found online. I highly recommend taking the green tour. The atmosphere is also great, their living room makes you feel at home. It`s cool to sleep inside the rock and it`s also much warmer than you would expect. The only problem I found was that the restroom was quite dirty both nights I was there.

Great place, dorms carved into the rock, genuinely generous and friendly staff, great vibe

This is a great hostel. I went as a solo traveller on a budget, and even though I made it clear that I didn't want any tours on my 2 day stay the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful to show me where to go hiking. Beds are extremely confortable (been travelling for 3 months so I know). Showers clean with hot water. No WiFi in the rooms. Common area is great for knowing people and where to go hiking as well. Would definetly come back again. Book airport transport with them! It's the cheapest

The staff are so nice. The vibe is very relaxed and laid back. It's a really cool place. Yes, the showers are kind of strangely located (their in a small building 5 steps from the dorms), BUT the showers are the BEST I've had in six months of travel. The showers are better than ones I've had in four star hotels. The showers are powerful and hot (everything i dream to be). Also, the guys who run the hostel aren't trying to get more money out of you at every turn, which is very nice.

Pretty basic hostel, your not going to find many parties in Goreme so it's pretty chilled out. The staff were very helpful with booking activities, and got us a pretty good discount on ballon flights. I don't know about all the rooms but ours was definitely not a genuine 'cave', but rather sprayed cement. It was in the side of the hill though and certainly looked and felt like a cave so the experience was enjoyable non the less. Recommend this for backpackers

Extremely helpful and kind staff members. Helped us book every tour and event we did, with a great discount included. Drove us to our Turkish night event and picked us up, very friendly. Room and sheets were very clean, and the common area upstairs was warm and cozy. Loved the unlimited hot drinks as well seeing as I went late November when the weather was very cold. Only unpleasant thing was that the bathrooms were located outside so it was very cold when you had to use the facilities.

• 21st Nov 2014

Really cute little hostel with a comfy and cosy common area. In the heart of Goreme - all the trails are within walking distance and the staff are super helpful organising day trips or balloon rides if you want. The bathrooms are located outside the dorm rooms, which, in the middle of winter, made showering a very cold and uncomfortable experience! The internet also doesn't work very well. Breakfast is AMAZING!

If you want the cave experience, stay here. There is a common room to chill with your fellow travelers. This hostel is in the middle of Goreme. You can walk there from the bus station/ Otogar (with luggage). The staff were friendly. I did not have good time management and had to cancel a night and the staff kindly refunded the night to me. They settled me down after a tired day and told me exactly how to get to the places I want to go.

They gave my reservation away and didn't make it clear that I needed to inform them of my late check in (after 4pm). on that note, the guy at reception was very helpful, let me use the WiFi to find another place and called the hostel to confirm that they had availability. I also got my deposit back and was driven to the new hostel. Very accommodating - just wish it was more clear about the late arrival thing.

The staff and everyone who stays here is super friendly. Hang out in the common are and you'll meet cool travelers and maybe snag an invite to share a meal with the hilarious men who work here. Breakfast is large and very good. The rooms are clean, comfortable as are the bathrooms. Stay here!

• 14th Nov 2014

We're so glad we stayed at this hostel, they really hooked us up with good value tours. Breakfast was fantastic and common area was great. Good wifi and perfect location. A couple of the staff seemed pretty lazy and not that helpful, but there were 2 who were super helpful.

We had a good time at the hostel. Staff was very helpful in arraging tours and the ballon ride. We also got a bigger room than what we had booked, which was very nice and clean. Location it´s pretty good too.

• 4th Nov 2014

I had a great time here! The breakfast was delicious, and we were within walking distance of everything. Wi-fi didn't work in my room, but I spent most of my time up in the common room anyways, where it is super easy to meet people and is a very comfy place to hang out. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was having to go outside to get to the washroom, as I was there in October and it was quite chilly. Amazing place though, I would definitely recommend this hostel!!

We had a blast at this hostel. All of the staff recommendations were wonderful, and it's right in the middle of Goreme, so you can walk everywhere. The atmosphere was great. The first night everyone from the hostel sat around and hung out together. I made a ton of new friends. The rooms are in caves, so they're nice and dark at night, and very easy to sleep in. The breakfast was by far the best hostel breakfast I've ever had. Definitely stay here if you're in your 20s and want a great experience

I've really enjoyed the time I spent in Nomad Cave Hostel. The staff is amazingly helpful and kind. There is a nice common area, always young guests at the hostel 20-30y I would say. Breakfast is included. The location is great (a 5 min walking from bus station and centre of Göreme). From the hostel is possible to walk to the Open Air Museum (15-20 min) and they give you a map with all interesting points. After hiking for nearly 8 hours the owner gave us a ride back to the hostel. Best choice!

we stayed in a great cave room in Nomads. THe owner was very helpful and friendly - ready to give advice about what to see and what tours to avoid etc. breakie was neat too and plenty of it

Basically highly recommend to stay and I wish to have a heater in the room because the weather get colder.

A very sociable and friendly hostel full of RTW travellers. I booked a dorm room but on arrival was allocated a shared 'private room' with three others. The room was spacious with an ensuite. The appeal of this hostel is it's cave rooms and lovely lounge (where breakfast is served) with views over the town. I took up the hostel's offer of a discounted 'Green Tour' which takes in the local sights. A good choice. Get up early to watch the balloons-the hostel is a great viewing spot.