Nomad Reviews

11, Howard Gardens, Cardiff, Wales

We wernt asked for ID when we got into the hostel late at night, someone came into our room who wasn't supposed to be in our room, it was me who sorted this out not the security guard. We also seen a girl leaving who wasn't booked into the hostel. Wasnt happy sharing with the stag nights as they were loud, rude and very disrespectful.

• 12th Sep 2014

Nice hostel, quite area. Your not allowed to drink at the hostel which is stupid. Mostly college students. Rooms were nice, place was bright. Good hostel overal.

• 7th Sep 2014

It is better to walk through the city centre. I felt far away via Adam street. Beds are ordinary one. Shower room is large. Wall paint smells strong.

Kitchen was amazing. Lots of common area. Still, felt like hostel was missing the traditional hostel atmosphere. Staff were really hit and miss, with some staff members being extremely helpful, and others being quite rude.

The hostel is fine, however we wish we had been told that we weren't allowed to drink there before we had left and come back with drinks only to be told we weren't allowed them. Otherwise not a bad hostel

Fantastic hostel, good location. Nice clean and spacious rooms.

A good hostel, just a short walk from town. No complaints, although there didn't seem to be a massive amount of showers - but luckily this wasn't a big issue.

An average hostel, but as it's so cheap you can't really complain. Large bathrooms are pretty good, but my bed was pretty uncomfortable. Also they could do with more pot lids and ones that actually have a handle so you don't burn yourself. The oven was also pretty budget and in need of repair. You get what you pay for.

The hostel is in a very nice location, 5 minutes from the city center. We spent one night there and everything was ok, the staff was great and always available for suggestions and help. Their laundry service is also very good! The atmosphere is friendly and quiet, the room clean. We had a unique problem as the bathrooms in our floor were really dirty in the morning, but this was mainly due to the badly behaviour of some people, and not to the hostel staff...

Really friendly. Good atmosphere. I would stay again!! Location not the greatest but its not that bad!! :)

That's quite a good hostel to stay in Cardiff. I would recommend it. It is very well located, just a few minutes from the city centre. Its atmosphere and value for money are great, as well as its breakfast and its kitchen. Besides, there are some cool rooms where you can socialise a bit, as TV room and reading room. One can find small lockers in the rooms, at least enough to put valuable things inside. I might stay here when in Cardiff again.

The negatives: unfriendly staff. (Went back to take our luggages in the evening and stayed a bit longer in the common room. When we were about to leave, the receptionist reached the door, wanted us to leave RIGHT NOW and said" you are not allowed to stay after you checked out!".) That was very rude. The positives: near to the city centre and Queen street station. Clean and tidy. To improve: provide direction from Queen street on website.

When I get to the hostel, I was waiting outside for over an hour. Once the receptionist finally opened the door, he did not apologize and just said that he was somewhere, obviously not working. The hostel was very empty, and he made me go back at 2:00 pm because it was the time to check in, even there was many beds available at that time, no wonder why. The other staff was not nice either. It was a dirty hostel. They do not really clean the rooms.

I stayed with my brother and husband. I needed to do the check in online and wanted to use the computer in the living room, which was not connected to internet, I tried everything, asked my brother and husband and asked the receptionist 3 times! He only replied, It must work. He was not helpful at all.. This happened on Saturday afternoon. The rest was Ok. The showers were not very clean.

For a city hostel great price, comfortable and great location! However, if walking to town in heels, it is not 10 mins to the castle as suggested by reception! ;) Only there for night,so didn't get involved too much in atmosphere although everyone else in courtyard area seemed to be having the craic!

A real good hostel. I think I'll come back if I return to Cardiff. A little bad thing, there are not a lot of shower so, sometimes, you need to wait. Just two showers in the first floor for example

Fantastic place, beautiful building, good wifi, nice sitting room to relax and good breakfast. Bathroom and shower facilities top of the range! Only minus side was that we were unlucky enough to have a group of 8 drunken yobs in the room above us who were jumping up and down like a herd of elephants until 3am( We asked the staff twice to look into it, but they couldn't sort it out.

It isn't the best hostel I've been so far, but for a few nights it's ok. The breakfast isn't good, you almost need to hunt the food in there, many people eating and lefting things all over the place.

This hostel was great as it was only a 10 min walk to the main centre. It offers free breakfast and the staff were friendly. Just a tip, the closest station is Queens Street and not Cardiff Central. The hostel is located one street after the Mercure if you're coming from the station.

The rooms were fairly clean but the bathrooms weren't, and there weren't enough showers for the amount of people staying (1 per floor, and the room with the shower also has a toilet and sink so it's insanely busy in the mornings). Overall it wasn't terrible, but I would explore other options in the future

• 18th Jul 2014