Nomad Reviews

11, Howard Gardens, Cardiff, Wales

Loved it! , Clean, good showers, kitchen facilities, very friendly and helpful staff!

• 11th Apr 2014

The sheets on the beds had not been changed, the bathrooms that were not on the groundfloor looked as if they had not been cleaned in days and the whole place was rather dirty. I would not stay there again.

• 2nd Apr 2014

All round friendly atmosphere, however was disgusted not to see sanitary bins being used in bathrooms.. Really not nice having to brush your teeth or shower next to an open bin full of bodily fluids.

• 16th Mar 2014

pleasant staff. hostel conveniently situated close to city center.breakfast consists of toast and cereal which was adequate but the price per night was increased to £40 each because of rugby weekend and i feel this was over priced. however all in all a pleasant stay.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was pleasant and clean and despite it being a fully booked weekend there was no noise during the night. I would definitely stay here again.

Actually, it has been a very good experience. It was the first time I've been in a hostel. I came to Cardiff to find work and home, and the truth is that the hostel staff helped me a lot. Always willing to lend a hand in all you need. The only problem that I have seen has been over the weekend regarding the security person,he was a little weird, and not know dealing with customers,I hope that in the not too distant future they solve this little problem.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Great hostel, but problems with electric plugs in room 7.

• 8th Mar 2014

Decent stay all in all. Very small lockers and a severe lack of plug sockets in the room let it down but helpful staff, a fantastic location and a pool table brought it back up. Personally, I wouldn't have wasted space on a bath in the toilets as you could create room for more showers. They had shreddies (or equivalent) at breakfast, which is always a plus for me. (I realise this will not be a key point for most people! :) )

Nice staff, nice room. But just a little bit difficult to find, especially in the dark...

Pretty close to train station and not too far of a walk to city centre. Good facilities with kitchen and common areas. Staff were friendly. Room was in desperate need of a clean though - especially the floor and under the beds.

Nice hostel with pool room and outdoor area.

Good experience, clean and comfortable enough, located near the station and the arena. Staff very friendly, there was a minor annoyance when I checked in: I booked a single room for two night, but for some mistake of the system I was registered in a female dormitory! And no single rooms available. But the guy at reception was very polite and helpful and they offered me a discount for this (so it was ok).

Super big hostel with really nice décors and the place is so clean. really amazing. Loving it there.

Loved this hostel, very homey. Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was good. Best of all were the wonderful private hot showers. Only minus, the lockers in the room were very small, so if you bring a computer, there's no space to lock it up.

• 17th Feb 2014

We only stayed one night so im not entirely sure what the facilities were available to us were. This hostel is literally the CLEANEST hostel ive ever stayed in!! Staff were helpful. Good location- you can walk to the city centre in about 5 minutes. We enjoyed our stay here!

Love the atmosphere

Staff very helpful we'll situated in Cardiff good on street parking Breakfast included in price a bonus

It's a good hostel.

• 10th Jan 2014
  • China

It is located at a walkable distance for travellers. The staff is very friendly. I don't like the sheets,especially the color.

• 10th Jan 2014
  • China

The wind was blowing through the closed window, we only had a very thin duvet, the ground was not clean at all, and it was very noisy all night long... The staf was nice though but it's a shame that we had to change of room twice because something was going wrong all the time...

• 3rd Jan 2014