Nomad Reviews

11, Howard Gardens, Cardiff, Wales

Short walk from town centre and central to everything in Cardiff.

The bed was a nightmare (too think,small and noisy) , the sink was too small and the water was not hot but boiling The only good things: breakfast, tv and location !!! Recommend only if you don't suffer of back pain or light sleep ...

• 2nd Jul 2015

They have a small locker in the room in case you want to protect some importante belongins, but it doesn't fit your bag. The breakfast consiste of cereals and some toast, that you can prepare for yourself in the kitchen and make yourself some tea an powder coffee which is a nice way of starting the day in Cardiff. Plus, the house is super typical victorian architecture.

First floor: Dirty shower, broken toilet, broken taps of wash basin (1 only had dangerously hot water, the other only had cold water)

It was nice to stay there, the hostel is smart and the people are nice.

Upon being greeted at 10:45pm after a 1 direction concert, a family of 6 staying in a 6 bed dorm we were chased through the corridor upon entering as we had our own snacks& drinks and were told 'you have already been spoken about this by my colleague' he was intimidating & threatening. The check in staff however were very polite and informative. Shame about the late night 'bouncer' if I was a lone female I would not feel comfortable.

• 5th Jun 2015

The bed was uncomfortable, but other than that, it was good.

Very nice hostel with a well equipped kitchen and amazing wifi connection. Walking distance to the train and coach station. Both the city centreand the bay are easily reachable by walking too. I really enjoyed my time here :)

I spent with a friend two days at Nomad hostel. It was everything alright except for the beds (what is the most important!!) The two beds were really really old, uncomfortable to death and one of them was even dangerous as the springs were out! And my friend got a scratch because of that. Please guys change the beds!

• 24th May 2015
  • Spain

Great hostel, nice staff and very close to the center. Unfortunatly, no free parking close by.

This was the worst Hostel I have ever stayed in. The toilets would not flush. Not to mention people partied the night before. Then proceeded to throw up all over the toilet and not clean it up. When I went to the bathroom that morning there was dry vomit on the toilet. I did not feel safe because of the neighborhood it was in. The staff was 'meh'. Worst. Night.

Enjoyed my stay here. The set up and facilities were quite good, but it was social as I thought. It is a bit more out of town than I thought. Security was excellent with lockers and I appreciated 24 hour access. The toilets were clogged the whole time I was there even though management were informed of this and it was proper grosse. The showers were quite good for a UK hostel. The breakfast was very very basic, cereal and toast only.

Good hostel for a one night stop over. The upstairs bathrooms need some serious work though.

Great kitchen area.

Mikie (I think it is short for Michael) at the desk was most helpful. He helped me to buy the Megabus return ticket for London. Also gave map n directions for the places to visit. WiFi was working well in my laptop. I think this hostel is very good for money. It is very vibrant with beautiful colours and staff is ssoooooooooooooo helpful.

• 8th May 2015
  • India

Excellent. You know what u get with hostels and this was 5* hostel in my books

• 2nd May 2015

They had Mr T as a night security guard!!!! Good value for money and a good hostel. Nothing more to say.... Don't expect the Ritz!

• 2nd May 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Great staff, very nice and helpful. Lack of bathrooms & toilets. Breakfast not good.

Bedroom did not smell good! And the toilets where pretty disgusting.

Hostel was nice and quiet, and the shared spaces (kitchen, TV room, ect) were clean and inviting.

• 13th Apr 2015