Nomad Reviews

11, Howard Gardens, Cardiff, Wales

The bed was awful. No hot water coming from the shower in the morning. Didn't exactly have high expectations, and wasn't looking for luxury, but to have hot water would have been nice.

• 26th Aug 2015

Close to the city centre, good WIFI and helpful staff! Breakfast is just cereals and toasts, but it is for free, which is good! Good value for money! I would go back!

Really good, very accommodating especially as I wasn't checking in until 2am! Friendly staff, okay location.. not in the rain though if you are walking with food but that's natures fault really and not the hostel. Lovely stay!

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Wales

We couldnt have asked for more on our stay at Nomad ( apart from plasters 😂 ) .... Excellent location for our night out . 24 hr reception . Was super clean too . Over all excellent value for money and if we visit cardiff again this is the place we will be staying 😊

• 15th Aug 2015

The hostel was good but the directions to find it are not very helpful especially since roads are not very well marked. Our room had 4 bunk beds and felt very squished and the whole layout of the place feels like a maze. That said, the staff were very helpful and overall the hostel was good.

If you're a young traveler such as myself, I wouldn't especially recommend Nomad. It's not a very social hostel, and most people staying were families with young children, seniors, and people in between permanent housing. It has all the facilities of a hostel for the most part, however I wasn't impressed with the broken lock on the door and lack of keys for the lockers inside the room. Staff were friendly and helpful with anything I needed, but not so knowledgeable on sights and activities.

There is a drunken guy who makes noise in the middle of the night. He snored, and he did not care about other people who stayed in the hostel. Besides this, everything is fine. I think the hostel needs guests control, especially for the drunken guy.

The mattresses were terrible - very lumpy. Although the hostel had lockers they were too small for a laptop which made security an issue. A mirror in the room would have taken pressure off the bathrooms.

filthy hostel, but nice location

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Poland

Very good hostel. Location is ok, a short walk from the city center. Clean and spacious. The bathroom are huge! Good breakfast in the morning. Several common area to chill. Good wifi.

Really good place With interesting People ! I Will be back !

• 22nd Jul 2015

I just dislike the fact that you will have to wait and ask for the staff to open the main door for you, I mean it sometime just took me 5min standing outside the door waiting.. (Although you are allowed to keep your room key) Also, it was a little unfortunately during my stay, that I have to share the room with an 70s Indian old guys who dislike girls, and snort really loudly, like a train all night, and almost start a fight with one of the girl at 4am, because nobody was actually able to sleep

We accidently stayed in Cardiff during the Ashes (without having any interest in it) so the town was packed with Austrialians (which was great fun) so we had to switch hostels and rooms every day but the staff was great about it. Wifi didn't work great in rooms, but they have an amazing set up of couches and areas to just hang out. The patio was great fun (although we didn't see the bar open once) and the kitchen was massive. All in all a great place to stay.

Lockers didn't work in the room so had to lock the bags in security room everyday when we were out. Bathrooms were a little messy. Breakfast supplied was good. some bits of bread and cereal to get you going for the day. Location was good. Close to the main strip.

Good location, good staff, value of money..

Short walk from town centre and central to everything in Cardiff.

The bed was a nightmare (too think,small and noisy) , the sink was too small and the water was not hot but boiling The only good things: breakfast, tv and location !!! Recommend only if you don't suffer of back pain or light sleep ...

• 2nd Jul 2015

I spent two days in shared female room and is the worst hostel I've been too .The room was small and dirty I saw some spider on the floor , also they didn't invest any money on the bed is very old and it's hurt my back , the locker box is very small you can't put too much thing . There wasn't enough shower many of them was closed .In conclusion, low price, even lower quality. I would not recommend to anyone.

They have a small locker in the room in case you want to protect some importante belongins, but it doesn't fit your bag. The breakfast consiste of cereals and some toast, that you can prepare for yourself in the kitchen and make yourself some tea an powder coffee which is a nice way of starting the day in Cardiff. Plus, the house is super typical victorian architecture.

First floor: Dirty shower, broken toilet, broken taps of wash basin (1 only had dangerously hot water, the other only had cold water)

« first « Prev 1 2 3