8.4
Fabulous 1,753 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 1,753 Total Reviews
Nomad Located at 11, Howard Gardens, Cardiff.
Wales
Cardiff cf24 0ef 11, Howard Gardens
84% 1753
51.4833873 -3.1653070
    Rooms available

14th May 2016

Great hostel, stayed a few times before and it's always great value for money.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
10th May 2016
5.4

Staff was not helpful. When we checked in we asked about the bus services and the man at the desk had no idea the price because he "drove a car". And we later found out the bus schedule was posted on the wall beside him. My friend and I came back to our room one evening to find the cleaner had left the door unlocked and was like that all day. The beds were terribly uncomfortable. Stay here if you are on a budget...

• sankar306
  • India, Male, 25-30
1st May 2016

The hostel was very good. The only drawback would be that the bunker beds height was very small. So you cannot sit upright on the bed it can be only used for sleeping. That's pretty uncomfortable

• England, Female, 25-30
28th Apr 2016
8.0

I booked a twin room for one night but immediately left because the mattresses were terribly springy & I couldn't see how I could sleep comfortably - I have injured my back so I was cautious but in general they were way off the mark. I booked a double room at the IBIS Budget for an extra £10 & it was so much better! The NOMAD staff were really helpful and understanding & gave me a refund. The facilities seemed really nice too. My only complaint is the bed which was the main purpose of my stay.

16th Apr 2016

Good hostel, nice staff. It is very expensive comparing with the rest of europe, but not so much when comparing with cardiff

• obwardle9503
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Apr 2016
6.0

Fair walk out of the city centre. Decent facilities and fairly keen, but nothing fancy. Very quiet hostel, weirdly minimal atmosphere and it didn't seem like many people were actually there at all. Very little security and doors that didn't close without brute force. Cardiff itself is a fairly underwhelming city so that probably added to the less than amazing experience.

• Hong Kong, Male, 41+
9th Apr 2016

The hostel is at an extremely good location and well managed. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
8th Apr 2016
6.3

I stayed in a single room. Security wise it was good, I felt safe & secure in the property & my room. See through blind meant no sleep in, past 6am! It's REALLY noisy, even with the door & window closed &ear plugs there's noise resonating through every wall. I was woken up several times through the nights from parties and woken by a boy being sick (eww!) and general drunk behavior. Shower on my floor was broken, had to go upstairs & time it well as to not wait to use it. Bed was AWFUL!

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
5th Apr 2016

We enjoyed our stay here. The pool table and darts are cool and the kitchen was really nice. Plenty of bathrooms too and the walk to the centre was quite short!

• Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
3rd Apr 2016

Nice and clear place to stay!