Nomad Reviews

11, Howard Gardens, Cardiff, Wales

The sewer in bathroom was blocked at first, the location is quite good, staff was nice indeed.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was standard: clean and beds were comfortable. Bathrooms had spots of mold; some had plumbing that was very old and out of date; some toilets wouldn't flush properly.

lovely, friendly atmosphere .My daughter particularly enjoyed learning how to play pool. shortage of pans and cutlery in the kitchen.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Wales
  • All Female Group, 41+

miscommunication of some sort between hostelworld and Nomad's hostel. Have ended up paying the deposit and not getting this deducted from the cost of room. Having to go through the annoying process of reclaiming this money. When discussing this issue with the receptionist, they were initially unclear, unhelpful and rude; although was better dealt with during the second time discussing the issue.

• 13th Feb 2015

Good for the price, but nothing fancy. Only one working Powerpoint in my room between 6 people, but otherwise acceptable facilities. Got lost on way there as street was not well signposted

I was not impressed with the facilities and cleanliness. The location was ok, about 4 blocks from the city center. Mattresses are horid and squeeked so I woke up when any of my roommates would move. I got separated from my group. Staff was friendly. There was black mold in every bathroom and even more so in mine. It was all over the ceiling, walls, floors and some in my room. Black mold is extremely dangerous. No mirrors and no locked storage in rooms and only one outlet.

• 11th Feb 2015

The best hostel of all i stayed in the UK!

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Chile

Overall, this is a good place to stay in Cardiff. It is worth the money.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • China

Have to pay a deposit for the key. There were only two groups of people in the entire hostel, but the common room was nice. "Breakfast" was toast and coffee... Not too shabby, but nothing to scream about.

Staff was very friendly and helpful with a few issues (completely out of their control) that arose during our stay. The facilities were all clean and well maintained. Would definitely choose to stay here again.

• 24th Jan 2015

Great hostel close to the city center! Everything was great. No complaints here.

First room was cold but once we said something they immediately put us into a different room. Place was clean and tidy ot too far from town and had a good atmosphere!

• 10th Jan 2015

DIRTY!!! Dirty bathrooms, toilet, halls, rooms. Old bedding left in the corridors and manky old sheets to sleep with. Plastic mattresses make for a slippery nights sleep. Not worth the money spent. Scummy.

• 1st Jan 2015

for some reason our room wasn't getting the wifi. we could only get it downstairs in the lobby. It is in a great location close to the busy streets with lots to do, just not in the center of it which is nice to be a couple blocks down.

great hostel to stay at. Except the bloke who works the night shift on reception is a nightmare to deal with. all other staff were helpful and friendly

• 30th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I was surprised by what they provided at such a low price.. It might be the best hostel I stayed in 2014.

I have to say it was definitely worthy of staying at Nomad, in particular considering that the the price is attractive...

The hostel is not so far from the city, but the crow was very rude and there was even a guy that was playing same online game and didn't give attention to us. The cleanness is bad and they let the door of the rooms open during the day, despite the fact that we lock the room and afyet in the night was totally open. I won't go anymore to this hostel, I recomend you to avoid this hostel too.

the only one good thing is the staffs they are really nice, the hostel is so small, and narrow, the toilet is sooooooo discussing, facilities are so old and u can see the nasty trash, even the bathroom is submerged, the reality of toilets and bathroom are totally different as the pictures shown.i even dont want to use it, and the badroom! there is no befsheet!, and the bed seems fragile when u lie on it the bed will make a noise, one of my friend even get bite by worms or sth??

Wish I had stayed longer! Beds were very comfortable, people were very nice and friendly, shower was excellent. I'd definitely recommend it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3