Nomad Reviews

11, Howard Gardens, Cardiff, Wales

Hostel was nice and quiet, and the shared spaces (kitchen, TV room, ect) were clean and inviting.

• 13th Apr 2015

I liked the separation and smaller bed to room ratio. The lockers inside the rooms were helpful, but they are not big enough to put any luggage. There is just room for material valuables. Nomad has a helpful storage room. There is breakfast of cereal, toast, and coffee and tea. The place and staff were accommodating. My only problem was the bathroom. The one I went to did not have a working flusher. Yes, I could have gone to another bathroom but it should be fixed asap.

The lack of shower room and toilet was uncomfortable to me and also location of them was weird it hides in the corridors Wifi is not working well in the room

I stayed in a twin private room with my boyfriend. The beds were really unconfortable. For the price we paid I expected more. If you care about the confort it is better to stay at a budget hotel, that has similar prices and way better beds. The breakfast was simple but good. There was only one bathroom working at our floor, wich wasn't ideal at times since we shared it with all the rooms. The location is good, close to the city centre and the street is adorable.

Hostel with an excellent value. I slept in a bedroom for three people with no bunk beds. The room was very large, cozy and clean. The only issue was that it was a little stuffy inside because the window was small. There were two bathrooms in my floor (they were shared with 5 rooms), both of them very large and clean and I had no problem in using them. The biggest issue of this hostel is its location. It's a 10 to 15 min walk to Cardiff castle, but it's very far from the other attractions.

For a hit-and-run stay like mine, it was ideal, had no issues whatsoever.

Great staff. Air a bit stuffy in room 21 as window doesn't open.

One bathroom and shower shared between between at least 15 people was just not good enough

• 3rd Apr 2015

The location is over 20 minutes from anything really. The train station is not to far though. Staff seemed uninterested in pointing me in the direction of something to do. I had a very short stay in Wales it was a last minute decision so I did not know what was around. There was a lot of construction going on and there was dust and broken toilets and sinks. Everything was dirty and gross. It is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in.

I was generally satisfied. There is a nice kitchen, and nice communal area. The room feel quite narrow though. I was supposed to stay 3 nights, I stay only one. Why? Because of the staff. The receptionist at night was nice, the one during the day was one of the worst. Doesn't smile, no intention to make you feel welcome, doesn't want to help, doesn't want to talk to you. I thought it was me, only to realize that everyone think the same. Arrogant pretty boy with no brain. Nomad? never again

No control over the heating in female dorm so no other choice than opening the window when it's really too burning (not the cleverest nor most ecological solution). Very nice staff, good location. But I would have appreciated more space to put stuff in the bathrooms as well as no interfering in the way I left my bed on the morning : I was going to sleep on it again that very night and left stuff on it, really, I did not needed the duvet folded (and there was I dry bird-poop looking stain on it).

The only complaint here is the shower. No hot shower! But other than that, it is a nice place to stay

I paid 27 pounds for 1 night in a 6 male bed and I think I could have really used it for something else like airbnb. With the service, the atmosphere and the type of bed that I received, I really do feel like one night should be worth much less than what I paid for. I don't think I got what I paid for. However, the staffs are very friendly and helpful

Stayed here for a match weekend. I would not recommend this hostel unless you were really stuck for somewhere to stay. Its 15/20 min walk to the city. Rooms advertised can be misleading as some say shared bathroom and others dont which would suggest they are ensuite. There are only 2 toilets/showers per floor so you must queue all the time. Rooms are adequate but very hot. Bed was alright. Staff were not a bit friendly or helpful at all. Internet works in the reception only.

First I booked one night and then I came a couple of times back again because I was really satisfied. The location of the hostel is great, in a residential area so not so noisy and at the same time close to the city centre. The staff was really friendly, 24/7 reception. Also the price is really good.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

The sewer in bathroom was blocked at first, the location is quite good, staff was nice indeed.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was standard: clean and beds were comfortable. Bathrooms had spots of mold; some had plumbing that was very old and out of date; some toilets wouldn't flush properly.

lovely, friendly atmosphere .My daughter particularly enjoyed learning how to play pool. shortage of pans and cutlery in the kitchen.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Wales
  • All Female Group, 41+

Wifi didn't work in the rooms. Free breakfast is mostly toast and cereal, but the dining area is lovely. Lot's of bathrooms (some that were huge!) and average cleanliness. Lockers in rooms, but really tiny ones.

• 16th Feb 2015

miscommunication of some sort between hostelworld and Nomad's hostel. Have ended up paying the deposit and not getting this deducted from the cost of room. Having to go through the annoying process of reclaiming this money. When discussing this issue with the receptionist, they were initially unclear, unhelpful and rude; although was better dealt with during the second time discussing the issue.

• 13th Feb 2015