Nomad Reviews

11, Howard Gardens, Cardiff, Wales

Really cold room without any option of heating up.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Slovakia

I was further walking than expected, but the hostel itself was very good. Good breakfast facilities, good showers, very clean.

• 7th Dec 2014

Well recommend. Very cheap and very clean. Nice vibe. Tidy

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Wales

It was good accommodation for backpackers. Not bad price, service etc...

room quiet beds ok breakfast - not really there, but at least something very nice and helpful staff no towels??

Friendly and helpful staff, great location.

Relatively pricey for the bare basics. Fine if you literally want someone to crash. Otherwise tiny space and incredibly uncomfortable beds. Definitely won't be returning.

• 21st Nov 2014

Really helpful staff helped us find good food!

• 15th Nov 2014

Better than I expected. If you don't need luxes, just a place to be confortable, have some breakfast and sleeping warm, this is your place.

For the price I found this backpacker good. There was a tv room, bar room and one computer for internet

• 3rd Nov 2014

The hostel in itself was good location wise and facility wise. We had a bad surprise though, when we reached London and realized the hostel staff had kept my friends ID as a deposit and had not returned it at checkout! When we got in touch, they reacted very unpleasently and told us to pay for them to send the ID to us! In the end my friend had to go all the way back to Cardiff, without an apology or any refund for travel expenses!

• 29th Oct 2014

Really great hostel, very clean and great value for the money! Loved that we were able to do our laundry there.

I wasn't expecting much from such a cheap hostel, but it surpassed my expectations!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Rooms were clean, with secure lockers. Staff was polite, but I wouldn't call it friendly. Bathroom wasn't too clean and there was water on the floor, but the water stream was powerful (it was a shower/toilet and I didn't have to share the bathroom while showering). Kitchen was clean and had all you needed. Common room was clean, with tv and computer (password-protected). It was nice and warm - good they had heating on. Although the hostel was OK, I think £18 per night was too much.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Good location. Hostel away from the noisy city centre.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Wales
  • Couple, 41+

The location could have been a smidge better, but everything else about this hostel was good or excellent (and I'm a hard reviewer). Their Google Street View photo does NOT do the place justice at all, so don't judge the place by that. I would stay again with no problem at all!

Excellent value for money in a wonderfully central location. Only booked up because the YHA closed, so it was based on their recommendation and I was totally won over - for the price of the YHA I had a single room, tiny, but totally adequate, secure, safe and free breakfast, wifi and TV. Will come again for sure! Jane

• 8th Oct 2014

seemed to only have two showers per floor. and the toilets were in there too. so couldn't go to the bathroom if someone was using the shower. Also only two plugs in a room for six people and it was over someone's bed so couldn't really plug your stuff in.

I stayed 4 nights there and it was nice! I've seen much worse and more expensive places so.. The bathrooms and bedrooms are clean, the shower works well, the lockers are really useful even though they're quite small so you better not have big valuable things but for me it was enough so! The location of the place is fine, near the city center, but a bit far from Central station (especially when you have heavy bag) but it's not impossible to do (like 15-20 min with a heavy bag i think)

This was my worst hostel experience. The bedroom doors don’t automatically lock and guests are not told to lock them. Our door was almost always unlocked upon our return. The staff aren’t friendly or helpful. The bathrooms are mouldy and smelly. The drains are clogged with hair so the showers don’t drain. The washroom with the bathtub has a permanent black ring as the finish is gone and the floors are always wet. The rooms are not clean and there is garbage strewn up and down the street.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4