Nomad Reviews

11, Howard Gardens, Cardiff, Wales

Very nice hostel with a well equipped kitchen and amazing wifi connection. Walking distance to the train and coach station. Both the city centreand the bay are easily reachable by walking too. I really enjoyed my time here :)

Great hostel, nice staff and very close to the center. Unfortunatly, no free parking close by.

Enjoyed my stay here. The set up and facilities were quite good, but it was social as I thought. It is a bit more out of town than I thought. Security was excellent with lockers and I appreciated 24 hour access. The toilets were clogged the whole time I was there even though management were informed of this and it was proper grosse. The showers were quite good for a UK hostel. The breakfast was very very basic, cereal and toast only.

Good hostel for a one night stop over. The upstairs bathrooms need some serious work though.

Great kitchen area.

Mikie (I think it is short for Michael) at the desk was most helpful. He helped me to buy the Megabus return ticket for London. Also gave map n directions for the places to visit. WiFi was working well in my laptop. I think this hostel is very good for money. It is very vibrant with beautiful colours and staff is ssoooooooooooooo helpful.

• 8th May 2015
  • India

Excellent. You know what u get with hostels and this was 5* hostel in my books

• 2nd May 2015

They had Mr T as a night security guard!!!! Good value for money and a good hostel. Nothing more to say.... Don't expect the Ritz!

• 2nd May 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Great staff, very nice and helpful. Lack of bathrooms & toilets. Breakfast not good.

Bedroom did not smell good! And the toilets where pretty disgusting.

Hostel was nice and quiet, and the shared spaces (kitchen, TV room, ect) were clean and inviting.

• 13th Apr 2015

I liked the separation and smaller bed to room ratio. The lockers inside the rooms were helpful, but they are not big enough to put any luggage. There is just room for material valuables. Nomad has a helpful storage room. There is breakfast of cereal, toast, and coffee and tea. The place and staff were accommodating. My only problem was the bathroom. The one I went to did not have a working flusher. Yes, I could have gone to another bathroom but it should be fixed asap.

The lack of shower room and toilet was uncomfortable to me and also location of them was weird it hides in the corridors Wifi is not working well in the room

I stayed in a twin private room with my boyfriend. The beds were really unconfortable. For the price we paid I expected more. If you care about the confort it is better to stay at a budget hotel, that has similar prices and way better beds. The breakfast was simple but good. There was only one bathroom working at our floor, wich wasn't ideal at times since we shared it with all the rooms. The location is good, close to the city centre and the street is adorable.

Hostel with an excellent value. I slept in a bedroom for three people with no bunk beds. The room was very large, cozy and clean. The only issue was that it was a little stuffy inside because the window was small. There were two bathrooms in my floor (they were shared with 5 rooms), both of them very large and clean and I had no problem in using them. The biggest issue of this hostel is its location. It's a 10 to 15 min walk to Cardiff castle, but it's very far from the other attractions.

For a hit-and-run stay like mine, it was ideal, had no issues whatsoever.

Great staff. Air a bit stuffy in room 21 as window doesn't open.

One bathroom and shower shared between between at least 15 people was just not good enough

• 3rd Apr 2015

The location is over 20 minutes from anything really. The train station is not to far though. Staff seemed uninterested in pointing me in the direction of something to do. I had a very short stay in Wales it was a last minute decision so I did not know what was around. There was a lot of construction going on and there was dust and broken toilets and sinks. Everything was dirty and gross. It is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in.

I was generally satisfied. There is a nice kitchen, and nice communal area. The room feel quite narrow though. I was supposed to stay 3 nights, I stay only one. Why? Because of the staff. The receptionist at night was nice, the one during the day was one of the worst. Doesn't smile, no intention to make you feel welcome, doesn't want to help, doesn't want to talk to you. I thought it was me, only to realize that everyone think the same. Arrogant pretty boy with no brain. Nomad? never again

« first « Prev 1 2 3