Nomad Reviews

11, Howard Gardens, Cardiff, Wales

No control over the heating in female dorm so no other choice than opening the window when it's really too burning (not the cleverest nor most ecological solution). Very nice staff, good location. But I would have appreciated more space to put stuff in the bathrooms as well as no interfering in the way I left my bed on the morning : I was going to sleep on it again that very night and left stuff on it, really, I did not needed the duvet folded (and there was I dry bird-poop looking stain on it).

The only complaint here is the shower. No hot shower! But other than that, it is a nice place to stay

I paid 27 pounds for 1 night in a 6 male bed and I think I could have really used it for something else like airbnb. With the service, the atmosphere and the type of bed that I received, I really do feel like one night should be worth much less than what I paid for. I don't think I got what I paid for. However, the staffs are very friendly and helpful

Stayed here for a match weekend. I would not recommend this hostel unless you were really stuck for somewhere to stay. Its 15/20 min walk to the city. Rooms advertised can be misleading as some say shared bathroom and others dont which would suggest they are ensuite. There are only 2 toilets/showers per floor so you must queue all the time. Rooms are adequate but very hot. Bed was alright. Staff were not a bit friendly or helpful at all. Internet works in the reception only.

First I booked one night and then I came a couple of times back again because I was really satisfied. The location of the hostel is great, in a residential area so not so noisy and at the same time close to the city centre. The staff was really friendly, 24/7 reception. Also the price is really good.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

The sewer in bathroom was blocked at first, the location is quite good, staff was nice indeed.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was standard: clean and beds were comfortable. Bathrooms had spots of mold; some had plumbing that was very old and out of date; some toilets wouldn't flush properly.

lovely, friendly atmosphere .My daughter particularly enjoyed learning how to play pool. shortage of pans and cutlery in the kitchen.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Wales
  • All Female Group, 41+

Wifi didn't work in the rooms. Free breakfast is mostly toast and cereal, but the dining area is lovely. Lot's of bathrooms (some that were huge!) and average cleanliness. Lockers in rooms, but really tiny ones.

• 16th Feb 2015

miscommunication of some sort between hostelworld and Nomad's hostel. Have ended up paying the deposit and not getting this deducted from the cost of room. Having to go through the annoying process of reclaiming this money. When discussing this issue with the receptionist, they were initially unclear, unhelpful and rude; although was better dealt with during the second time discussing the issue.

• 13th Feb 2015

Good for the price, but nothing fancy. Only one working Powerpoint in my room between 6 people, but otherwise acceptable facilities. Got lost on way there as street was not well signposted

I was not impressed with the facilities and cleanliness. The location was ok, about 4 blocks from the city center. Mattresses are horid and squeeked so I woke up when any of my roommates would move. I got separated from my group. Staff was friendly. There was black mold in every bathroom and even more so in mine. It was all over the ceiling, walls, floors and some in my room. Black mold is extremely dangerous. No mirrors and no locked storage in rooms and only one outlet.

• 11th Feb 2015

The best hostel of all i stayed in the UK!

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Chile

I was impressed with the signs insisting on peace and quiet, and the staff going outside to politely enforce this when a large group of guests was happy-but-noisy out in the street at night. The lockers were small and the room door was often left unlocked so I was glad I didn't have anything too valuable. The nearby parking is on-street, more expensive than the hostel had suggested, and not guaranteed to have spaces. There is a nice variety of communal areas in the hostel.

Overall, this is a good place to stay in Cardiff. It is worth the money.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • China

Have to pay a deposit for the key. There were only two groups of people in the entire hostel, but the common room was nice. "Breakfast" was toast and coffee... Not too shabby, but nothing to scream about.

Staff was very friendly and helpful with a few issues (completely out of their control) that arose during our stay. The facilities were all clean and well maintained. Would definitely choose to stay here again.

• 24th Jan 2015

Great hostel close to the city center! Everything was great. No complaints here.

First room was cold but once we said something they immediately put us into a different room. Place was clean and tidy ot too far from town and had a good atmosphere!

• 10th Jan 2015

DIRTY!!! Dirty bathrooms, toilet, halls, rooms. Old bedding left in the corridors and manky old sheets to sleep with. Plastic mattresses make for a slippery nights sleep. Not worth the money spent. Scummy.

• 1st Jan 2015