Nomad Reviews

11, Howard Gardens, Cardiff, Wales

The hostel had amazing showers! Super hot! The 8-bed dorm had plenty of space and was comfortably warm during the cold nights. There was a nice mix of ages when I was here. Great property!

Very good hostel, staff were decent. Will stay again if coming through Cardiff.

Great place ... Great people ! (there is everything we need in there) And one other thing, I DIDN'T expect to actually make friends AMAZING EXPERIENCE !!

Great location, fab price & love the fact that they offer smaller rooms.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Wales

I wish I stayed here longer! I was only in town for one night, but I enjoyed the short time I spent here. Everything was clean, welcoming, and roomy. There's free breakfast. Nothing spectacular, but enough to fill you up. The room was larger than some similar rooms I've been in (6 bed female). Complaints: you have to manually lock the door when you leave (my roommate didn't know this) and you can't enter the hostel unless someone at reception buzzes you in (even after you check in).

Did not have the typical hostel atmosphere: it came off more like a hotel. Personally, I enjoyed that, but for someone looking to make new friends, you may want to try somewhere else with a different vibe. The whole place was clean and bright. The showers were exceptional for a hostel. Wi-Fi was good, but a bit spotty at times. Lockers were adequate for the essential items, but not large enough to fit whole backpacks. Location very close to city centre, without being in a loud neighbourhood.

No complaints. Everything you want in a hostel.

good location near queen but 20min from central. Less 10min walk to main street. small lockers were great. I would have liked power points near bed. Common room lovely and bright. Kitchen basic but good. Showers only last for about 10seconds so have to pressing button which is annoying. Very easy to get train from queen Station to Cardiff bay and Caerphilly.

Very nice hostel, staff very helpful. Can't complain.

Very cool environment, young, bright paint, lots going on there at all times- free breakfast early!

• 16th Jan 2016

Me and four other friends had a 6 bed dorm for a night away as a part of one of the girls 21st birthdays. We were dubious after reading trip advisor reviews but were pleasantly surprised to find modest, hygienic premises with friendly staff who helped us out with a few quieries etc. For what we paid it was more than satisfactory for the night, being a short distance from the nightlife and shopping centre and a warm and fairly comfortable place to rest for the night.

• 15th Jan 2016

A very central location & (cheap) price are its strongest aspects; older, less comfortable beds - weak one! I'd recommend if you're in for a night mostly to see Cardiff from a central location!

The hostel we have ever been. It's clean and has funky interior layout . We love it . Great for money value

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Poor wifi & too many beds in the room - very squashy

A good night's sleep.

A very clean hostel and the beds are quite nice! Welcoming atmosphere and a great location. I would stay here again in a heart beat!

Everything was very good. But I think that the checkout time should be increased, at least till 12 pm.

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Bangladesh

Not a place to meet people, went to the common room and there was no one there on several occasions or people didn't seem to interact like other hostels I've stayed at. The showers were really warm which was great!

The only lockers in the room had to have a key, which no one told me about :(

Ostello deserto a 15 minuti dal centro a piedi. Camere pulite, docce buone, wifi pessimo a volte non funzionante e a volte con bassissimo signale. Buona colazione.

« first « Prev 1 2 3