Nómada Eco Hostel

8.5
Fabulous 188 Total Reviews

• Costa Rica, Male, 41+
16th Apr 2017

I stayed 2 nights in the 5 bed room! Location relatively close to the bus station and to the bars area, just a few blocks walk on the flat side. The room was clean and the bed was quite comfortable. Breakfast is very good, I loved the "frutilla" juice (strawberry), and overall there is a good atmosphere and proper attention. Downside: on one occasion there was no hot water in the bathroom, keep in mind they promote to make rational use of the resources. Otherwise, I had a good time!

Hi Thank you so much for your comment and for staying with us! We are very sorry that you had to shower without hot water on that day, we are indeed using solar panels to provide hot water in our eco hostel and unfortunately had a technical problem at this moment. Next time you will visit us, we will have hot water with renewable energies :)

12th Apr 2017
6.9

The hostel was ok. Not impressive. The bathroom situation is a little annoying. I stayed in the mix dorm. The beds were rather flimsy. No hot water. Culture and vibe was not captivating. They do really emphasize being eco friendly which is cool.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
2nd Apr 2017
6.3

Great idea for a hostel I love how they are taking charge and recycling but there wa no hot water and it's not in the best location in the city

Hi! Thanks for your comment! We had occasional problems with our solar panels system. Really sorry about that! We know that a hot shower is important on the road! We worked hard to solve it and next time you came to Valpo you will have your deserved hot bath! Regarding location, I am sorry to completely disagree. We are near to every public transportation facility and a walking distance from cafes, bars and tourism areas. Come visit us again so we can guide you through the hidden treasures of downtown Valpo!!

• Germany, Female, 25-30
25th Mar 2017

The hostel is in a nice location, it was very clean, the staff is incredibly nice and helpful and I met great people there (highlight was the Brazilian party on Saturday night). I would definitely stay here again.

Thanks a lot! We love to organize parties and cultural events to get our guests together with our staff and local friends from Valpo. We are here looking forward your next visit!

17th Mar 2017

Very happy with my stay at Nomad. The deluxe dorm, while expensive, was worthwhile. Lots of room for my bag and the locker provided a nice night shelf. The shared bathrooms for our room of 5 were always available and very clean. The location is excellent with the hills, clubs/bars, bus station and center in walking distance. I appreciated the environmental focus of the hostel as well.

Thank you very much for your comment :) We love what we do and it is reflected in our results as well as in the nice vibe of our beloved eco hostel. Thanks for choosing us and support an eco business in Valparaíso! Good luck on the road!

• Austria, Female, 18-24
28th Feb 2017

I stayed 2 days and really had a great time! The hostel is in a great location (in the flat part, what you will really appreciate with your luggage), there is a really nice terasse, yummy breakfast, activities and a good atmosphere overall! Would definitely stay again!

Thanks for your comment! It was eternal while it lasted! Come beck whenever you want!

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
26th Feb 2017

Fab hostel! Each bed has its own shelf, electricity outlet and reading lamp. Location is great, just a 5 min walk from Concepción. I've been to Valparaiso a few times, and the hostels in Concepción tend to be dirty, over crowded and lacking any social area. This hostel has a great terrace out the front, and during one of my stays here we had a Brazilian party, where everyone was on their feet dancing and having a great night. Staff are excellent, especially Marco & Nico - thanks guys :) x

Fab hostel because we have fab guests! Thanks a lot for your comment. Nico and I (btw this is Marco writing) are very glad that you remembered us. Good luck in Bolivia and next time we take a beer at our beautiful terrace, it is going to be half in English and half in Spanish! Really nice to meet you.

• England, Female, 25-30
20th Feb 2017

Very friendly staff who gave us great tips awesome breakfast and decent sized rooms. Plus you get your own little night stand with light. Only downside is location - a little bit of walk from the bars and restaurants but its flat and close to viña del mar

Thanks for your comment! Next time you come to Valparaíso I will personally take you to a tour around the really nice restaurants in our hood! I am just going now to the Hare Krishna temple four blocks from here to take a delicious vegan meal! Good luck on the road!

10th Feb 2017

Initially beckoned by the eco-friendly mindset, stayed for the Amazing and knowledgeable staff. Always working hard to make keep guests happy, and the hostel clean. Chill laid back environment that still allowed for socializing. Great breakfast, and a nice location as well. Would definitely recommend.

We definitely recommend you as a guest! Thank you very much for the kind word. Its really a pleasure to work meeting people like you. Simply put: We love we do. It makes the difference. Cheers!

27th Jan 2017

Loved my stay here. Really friendly hostel with great staff and facilities